Official: Franco Baresi Thread

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
source: www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul19h.html

Franco Baresi and Angelo Colombo are set to be unveiled as Cameroon’s new coaching team.

The Indomitable Lions have been without a Coach since Portuguese boss Artur Jorge left last spring but are said to be discussing personal terms with the Italian pair.

However, Angelo Colombo – who recently quit his role with Milan’s youth team – was quick to point out that he hadn’t actively sought to leave the embattled club.

“Firstly I want to say that we didn’t apply for the Cameroon job, but the Football Federation contacted us,” stressed Colombo. “So far all that’s happened is that our lawyer has sent a letter to the Cameroon Football Federation to say that we are available.”

Despite failing to qualify for the 2006 World Cup, Cameroon are still regarded as one of the strongest squads in Africa and expectations will be high for the inexperienced pairing.

if so who will be put incharge of Christian M. and Goeorge W. junior???

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
If there is one man I would love to learn from, it would be Il Libero. This really isn't a surprise though. When the Italians excel in an International tournament, everyone is reminded that building a side from the back can prove successful. The Italian defense in this WC was legendary, and were missing one of the world's finest for a majority of the tournament. The defense also scored 4 times. All of these are factors in this appointment and I am sure they hoping this team can instill this methodology prior to the next CAF cup.

Buona fortuna Il Capitano :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
WOW! This is shocking. Baresi and Colombo are the two lynchpin in the Milan Dream Team. Baresi tried his hands on with Fulham and failed miserably and got fired by Jean Tigana. I don't know about Colombo's resume but I suppose he will be Baresi's tandem.

So, another ex-Milan player becoming NT coach after Donadoni and Van Basten.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
happy news.respect to both.hope luck will be with them.

and filippo galli now leading our young team.lucks to you galli. :star:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Hope he brings discipline to the Indomitable Lions' backline. They really are still the best team in Africa - despite the much publicised power shift - I think even I was a spokesperson at some point (ealry mornings at a pub or two). Needless to say, if an African team is to win the upcomming WC, Cameroon is most worthy. Nigeria has to reinvent itself while South Africa ... well, they simply need to start from scratch. I hope Zambia qualifies :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
rename this thread to official: franco baresi thread and put in players section

wow only player i hope i have watched :( except that 94 wc final

so many last minute tackles in penalty box and none of them are fouls :eek:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Franco is the greatest defender I have ever seen & a true legend.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
We need traffic here too ... appreciation month anybody? I'd nominate Daniel to do it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We need traffic here too ... appreciation month anybody? I'd nominate Daniel to do it.

lol i will add youtube videos

tell somebody to add facts :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
francobaresi.jpg

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Baresi believes in Milan

Milan legend Franco Baresi believes the Rossoneri have found the right combination but need to step up their level.

Il Diavolo was defeated in Udine in midweek but won their two previous clashes against Marseille and Bologna.

“I think they found the right strategy and it was really important to win in Champions League and then against Bologna,” said Baresi.

“Those scores boosted the team’s morale and now they just need to get the results regularly. It was a pity to suffer defeat against Udinese but they need to go through that and challenge both Juve and Inter.

“Milan will for sure be up there at the end of the season. But it’s early yet.”

Baresi also spoke about the Rossoneri back line and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

“Thiago Silva is doing well and with Alessandro Nesta they are forming a good partnership. They will be really good together.

“Playing up front is not easy, Huntelaar needs time. But he has to do much more and when the team gets better he will take advantage of it too.”
football italia

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Its amazing how everybody inside Milanelo have the same speech.
Berlusconi is realy good in training his employees.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Its amazing how everybody inside Milanelo have the same speech.
Berlusconi is realy good in training his employees.

PR courses, it's basically the one thing I think we're better than anybody else at, every single milanista or ex milanista or current employee has to go through it. If the money and time that we invest in PR stuff was dedicated to the actual football part, it would be unfair with the rest of the teams of the world :rolleyes:.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
can't believe this thread has 15 posts while oddo has 1500+ :eek:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
^
Members in the forum are great at bashing rather than praising.:D

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
gloryhunterz? :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Franco Baresi: Ronaldinho Is Fundamental For Milan

The legendary Italian defender feels an in-form Ronaldinho can propel the Diavoli towards the Scudetto. He thinks that everyone needs to support the Brazilian, though...

Oct 27, 2009 12:36:42 PM

Milan legend Franco Baresi believes Ronaldinho is integral to the Rossoneri's success this season.

The Brazilian has shown glimpses of magic, but it hasn't always been positive. Baresi feels 'Dinho needs to be supported by all for his true colours to shine.

"I have always been pro-Ronaldinho. He has something more than the rest," Baresi told Sportmediaset.it.

"I love his long passes. However, he shouldn't always be under scrutiny. I think he and [Alexandre] Pato need more support."

Milan haven't always been at their best in Serie A, but recent results hint that the team could yet have a say in the destination of the Serie A title.

"I can see Milan, Inter and Juventus [racing] for the title. I think Milan need to believe in themselves more, while Inter need to grow in their play. Juventus have to improve," added the former defender.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Con Arrigo Sacchi entrenábamos mucho. Había entrenamientos en los que los cuatro defensores jugábamos contra diecisiete atacantes. Tassoti, Costacurta, Maldini y yo contra el resto. Eran sesiones de gran intensidad. Después, sentíamos el partido como un entrenamiento.

El Milan fue el primer equipo que practicó un fútbol con todos los componentes nuevos: fuera de juego, presión, achique... El efecto en los rivales era de sorpresa, de parálisis.

Teníamos orden, calidad, y una voluntad muy grande de dejar una marca importante. No sólo queríamos ganar. Queríamos asombrar a quien nos veía.

That's amazing!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
There was a good interview with Baresi in November 2009 FourFourTwo magazine. He speaks on every subject, Milan today, the past, Berlusconi, carlo and capello in england etc. etc. I meant to add this earlier, so sorry for the delay. I scanned it and my scanner is not high quality so this is the best I can get it. I tried to convert it to jpg to post it as pictures in this thread but it was unreadable.

Anyway I loaded it as a google doc (thanx for advice Jasper). Hope you all enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...jktNDA5ZS00MmRiLTliNjQtMmFhYWE0NjdmYjlk&hl=en

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Anyway I loaded it as a google doc (thanx for advice Jasper). Hope you all enjoy.

My pleasure. I would have done anything possible via net to see the interview :star:

Anybody with a pic of his flag(No. 6)?