The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
What's the relevance of the fans getting cocky and underestimating Roma to the end result? It's not like you and I are the ones taking the field against them. Screw Roma, in fact, screw the other 19 teams, we're gonna school them and win Scudetto for all i care.
100% true.
Some people prefer the pessimists way.
They think its a win-win situation for them.
If Milan win they celebrate the team & if Milan lost they celebrate how smart they were.

But they dont know we are smart & know their tactics :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
100% true.
If Milan win they celebrate the team & if Milan lost they celebrate how smart they were.

Yeah and it is really annoying.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Im not pessimistic for 2night. Just saying Roma is a very good team. But u r right about the pessimistic psichology.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Im not pessimistic for 2night. Just saying Roma is a very good team. But u r right about the pessimistic psichology.

The last ten years have done that to us... It'll be a very hard game but if we can beat Inter, I see no reason we can't get a win here. I think Inter's midfield is levels above Roma, both have a strong CF, defence both shitty (given the players they've had out when facing us, anyway).

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Why do you think they are so good?

Feel like Milan will dominate tonight

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Right but we can?t all be on the same page or the forum and commode would turn into one great circle jerk.
I still think the game is a close one, especially considering we?re missing Rebic and have Hakan on half life. I don?t even see it as pessimism just being objective. We?ve had one of the easier schedules in the league so far with 3 easy teams and an Inter that was missing many players. Not saying that invalidates our good run but realistically we shouldn?t be talking about scudetto or easy games just yet.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Lol, Wud love to be able to say the famous ?we beat Roma tho? line by the end of night.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right but we can?t all be on the same page or the forum and commode would turn into one great circle jerk.
I still think the game is a close one, especially considering we?re missing Rebic and have Hakan on half life. I don?t even see it as pessimism just being objective. We?ve had one of the easier schedules in the league so far with 3 easy teams and an Inter that was missing many players. Not saying that invalidates our good run but realistically we shouldn?t be talking about scudetto or easy games just yet.

If Hakan plays/is fully fit I don't think its close

Also you can say that for literally any team so far

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's why the team isn't getting "found out" tactically. There's no obvious way to nullify this attack.

This is key. Want to press us high? Kjaer/Romagnoli long ball to Ibra who picks it out of the air and lays it down gently for one of the many speed demons to run into.

Want to go very low and park the bus? Good luck trying to find anyone to mark with Ibra floating everywhere and pulling you out of shape, and Theo/Rebic overloading the left side and Bennacer/Kessie cleaning up every second ball.

Mix of both? You can't press Bennacer/Kessie no matter how hard you try and you can't have a high line against our speed demons and you can't drop too low and allow us to control the game. Defend too narrow and Theo will rape you. Defend too wide and there's space for Hakan to orchestrate.

This versatility and options is why we're dangerous, plus we seem to have really improved our pre-match analysis and it seems each game we tweak the strategy to both hide our weakness (we're weak during our counterpress if they manage to break it quickly) and exploit the opposition weakness. I think this is a very underrated aspect of Pioli's reign so far.

Edit: This is the exact opposite of Susoball. Back then, stop Suso and you stop Milan.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
What the hell........

170cm short striker.
Dropping 4231.
Saele in a front 3.
I thought you loved the current side, but looks like your subversion is still on. :o

If we can't get a targetman, then might as well stick with Rebic, who's a versatile attacker and also a factor in aerial and physical duels.

However I think a targetman is crucial if the team wants to remain multifaceted and unpredictable. This team doesn't need a dribbling frontman creating chances for them. They can create chances through wing-play, the middle, dribbling, passes on the ground, crosses.
Ibra's most important quality is his aerial game and hold-up play.
He is an outlet when the ground passes aren't working at the back and when opponents are crowding their box.
That's why the team isn't getting "found out" tactically. There's no obvious way to nullify this attack.

I am okay with 4-2-3-1. I just dont think it's going to be easy to find a like for like replacement for ibra as far as both physicality and skill goes unless we drop a bomb on haaland.

So I see the responsibility getting divided. The aerial and physical responsibility will go to rebic and the dribbling and creation through the middle - the guy who links up with Hakan will go to someone else. Rebic is not that slick and leao doesn't seem too interested in cf. So a CF dribbler up top who can also drop back when required is the next best thing.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am okay with 4-2-3-1. I just dont think it's going to be easy to find a like for like replacement for ibra as far as both physicality and skill goes unless we drop a bomb on haaland.

So I see the responsibility getting divided. The aerial and physical responsibility will go to rebic and the dribbling and creation through the middle - the guy who links up with Hakan will go to someone else. Rebic is not that slick and leao doesn't seem too interested in cf. So a CF dribbler up top who can also drop back when required is the next best thing.

We will never have anyone that give us the mix of qualities that Ibra provides. I agree we need to understand what's needed from that role going forward, and maybe rotate two different players that can maximize the value of the skill that's needed based on the game requirements.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Get the 15yo... he looks and plays like a 23yo... VS knows the one.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Once Ibra?s reign is over we should install a huge playmaking/attacking threat on the RW and a mobile target striker up front. Imo that's the closest you get to replacing Ibra without discovering Ibra 2.0.

Imo minimum hight of the target striker should be about 1.80m, but more like 1.85 or above. Stereotypical SS type strikers aren't really great for out formation and system.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100% true.

You got me, that's the sole purpose of my existence :fp:

I just like the realistic approach. We are in a very good streak while Roma are shaky. However, this guarantees nothing in football. Surprises happen all the time.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Hakan plays/is fully fit I don't think its close

Also you can say that for literally any team so far

I do. Out of the 6 teams we?re competing with I think only Lazio might be easy.
And if you can say that for any team it normally means it?s too early for any end season predictions.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
We will never have anyone that give us the mix of qualities that Ibra provides. I agree we need to understand what's needed from that role going forward, and maybe rotate two different players that can maximize the value of the skill that's needed based on the game requirements.

Yeah pioli has to find adaptability in his system to make these changes if we don't get an ibra like striker. Or we accept the drop in quality and get belotti. Id rather go with divided responsibility than drop in quality.

Once Ibra?s reign is over we should install a huge playmaking/attacking threat on the RW and a mobile target striker up front. Imo that's the closest you get to replacing Ibra without discovering Ibra 2.0.

Imo minimum hight of the target striker should be about 1.80m, but more like 1.85 or above. Stereotypical SS type strikers aren't really great for out formation and system.

Tell u wot ...vardy is gonna be 34 in Jan. He can probably play 4 more years in serie A with his physicality. I'd be more than happy to have him here despite being 178. :o

He can do a bit of everything and he's better than belotti.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
vardy & belotti... other than a passport wots the difference.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
vardy & belotti... other than a passport wots the difference.

Jamie+Vardy+Leicester+City+v+Everton+Premier+M6oa6ipihWUl.jpg

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Why do you think they are so good?

Feel like Milan will dominate tonight

They play solid football, specially when they space for Pedro and Mikhitaryan. Then they are dangerous. Vs Benevento they had horrible periods of the game though, but Benevento couldnt do more.

I see it like this: if Milan is compact, organised and fast up front we are big favorites. If we get stretched we could have problems at the back.

All in all, lets go!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol@ Pingu... true say, true say!

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah pioli has to find adaptability in his system to make these changes if we don't get an ibra like striker. Or we accept the drop in quality and get belotti. Id rather go with divided responsibility than drop in quality.

Tell u wot ...vardy is gonna be 34 in Jan. He can probably play 4 more years in serie A with his physicality. I'd be more than happy to have him here despite being 178. :o

He can do a bit of everything and he's better than belotti.

Even Belotti?s hight is quite meh, at least he is massive but he?d probably somwhere else at this point of his career if he?d have a few centimeters on top.
Even with Piatek his height was an issue, even during his good form.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
A.C #Milan communicates a positivity to the swab of #Donnarumma ,#Hauge and three other team members. All are asymptomatic, have undergone home isolation. Today the whole team group was tested again and no new positives were found.

Fuck me...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
A.C #Milan communicates a positivity to the swab of #Donnarumma ,#Hauge and three other team members. All are asymptomatic, have undergone home isolation. Today the whole team group was tested again and no new positives were found.

Fuck me...

Wtf

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Fuck me...

Fuck hope its just those 2

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla
FUCK donna and hauge positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule