Mattia De Sciglio Thread

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
unless someone knows what truly is the situation it is unfair to treat de sciglio this way because of some reports.
remember that not long ago there were reports about donnarumma too.
it is always harder when results doesn't go in your way but better stay calm and see what will happen.
also this is a new untested management. what will happen in the summer is completely unknown and a mystery to everybody.
so lets not jump into conclusions (good or bad)

it's not yet official, considering the rumours of di stefano (not di marzio) of sky, he said mirabelli spoke with desciglio at milanello today, like he did with donnarumma too, he wants to talks with players first and then with their agents, then di stefano said it is possible that de sciglio could leave as the renewal doesn't seem to be his priority.

di stefano doesn't know what they spoke and didn't say de sciglio has informed the club he is leaving. it was not a confirmation, but a possibility.

however maybe i'm trying to be optimistic considering i like de sciglio :(

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
what if this was the first contact between desciglio and mirabelli, and if the attack of fans yesterday made him to want to leave?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still dont understand how this is our (managements) fault and not De Sciglios.

I mean our management said Dona, Suso and DeS renewal was primary.

All reports suggest he does not want to renew not the other way out.

Just because Vulture hates montella it doesnt mean montella doesnt see a future/ want DeS.

What I can see is a player looking to dump his team to move to a better team (a la Nasri or Sterling)....

How the fuck is this the managements fault....

Montella keeps fielding him and keeps giving him the captain's armband, but somehow it's his fault and the management's that he wants to leave... :lol: only PigeonNiang can come to that conclusion

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Montella keeps fielding him and keeps giving him the captain's armband, but somehow it's his fault and the management's that he wants to leave... :lol: only PigeonNiang can come to that conclusion

he fields him because the rest of fullbacks are all fodders, however he would like an attacking fullback for his "tiki-taka game"

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
This morning there was a talk in Milanello between Mirabelli and De Sciglio. As with Donnarumma" explains Peppe Di Stefano to SkySport - before talking to the agent, even for the rest, the new company first wants to understand the intentions of the players. However at the end of the season De Sciglio and Milan can decide to separate, for the player a renewal doesn't seem the priority.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he fields him because the rest of fullbacks are all fodders, however he would like an attacking fullback for his "tiki-taka game"

Yes, of course... whatever you say, buddy...
How was your break? You had fun?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Mattia De Snakeglio

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Keep with the forum tradition pls. Mattia DeSh!tio.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
he is average and his teammates (2 cbs) doesnt help him aka avearge too.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Did we figure out yet his best position or not?

I think he's always been a capable right back. When he plays Left back he's just super mediocre. But honestly, he's the most overrated player in this squad. I think top clubs wanting him just shows how much the football world lacks quality fullbacks nowadays.

The talent pool has shifted to attacking players over the years, few and far great center backs exists now and even fewer quality fullbacks. DES is most certainly not in that category.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I think he's always been a capable right back. When he plays Left back he's just super mediocre. But honestly, he's the most overrated player in this squad. I think top clubs wanting him just shows how much the football world lacks quality fullbacks nowadays.

The talent pool has shifted to attacking players over the years, few and far great center backs exists now and even fewer quality fullbacks. DES is most certainly not in that category.

People should also understand that DES is one of top 5 in Serie A for his role, and with Darmian & Florenzi are the best Italians. There are no more Cafus and Serginhos today. There aren't many good fullbacks. Clubs like Barca had to play with Bartras.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Took him off my fav players list. Can't believe I liked and supported this guy just because he had a good first season and is from our youth system.

Always had hopes because he played well for Italy and occasionally does well at RB.

Other. Than that he's been anywhere between bad to slightly above average.

As someone mentioned he doesn't have a goal (ever) or an assist in ages.

If he feels he is some kind of star because of interest from there clubs he is the luckiest guy in the world.

As the previous poster said this shows the lack of quality fullbacks in the world today.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Took him off my fav players list. Can't believe I liked and supported this guy just because he had a good first season and is from our youth system.

Always had hopes because he played well for Italy and occasionally does well at RB.

Other. Than that he's been anywhere between bad to slightly above average.

As someone mentioned he doesn't have a goal (ever) or an assist in ages.

If he feels he is some kind of star because of interest from there clubs he is the luckiest guy in the world.

As the previous poster said this shows the lack of quality fullbacks in the world today.

Too lazy to take him off my list.

-there maybe a chance that he stays. Patiently waiting :D

Pato Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
I think right now it's worthless to predict what will happen with DeS. The media are writing so much bullshit sometimes. We know probably as much as nothing yet about this whole situation. I still prefer to support him as long as he is a Milan player, as he played good games and was useful for us. Let's wait till we know what's happening. And if he decides to go to Juve, then yes you can start to hate and have every right to do so.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Too lazy to take him off my list.

-there maybe a chance that he stays. Patiently waiting :D

:thumbsup:

look at the other players on my list ... he doesnt deserve to be among those guys.

did he debut vs inter (if im right)? He was the lone bright spark that game for us (18/19 yo youth product playing well)...hell even my epl friends noticed him during his first full season.

its his lazy non interested attitude that has really ticked me off the past few weeks.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Mattia De Snakelio

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Mattia De Snakelio Juventus Kit 2017-18

juventus-gucci-concept-kit-by-settpace-1.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
This guy is such a fucking moron, could have left anytime after 2013 if he didn't want to continue his Milan career..but no he decides to leave when things are actually starting to get better :lol:

Fuck him, sell the cunt, make some money and be done with it.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mattia De Shittio. Fuck this snake

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
:thumbsup:

look at the other players on my list ... he doesnt deserve to be among those guys.

did he debut vs inter (if im right)? He was the lone bright spark that game for us (18/19 yo youth product playing well)...hell even my epl friends noticed him during his first full season.

its his lazy non interested attitude that has really ticked me off the past few weeks.

The funny thing is he actually had a good season so far before the inter and empoli matches. He has been getting a lot of hate from the fans in a long time, so wouldn't be surprised if it is the reason he wants to go. And that is understandable.

Just don't go to juve :fp:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
If he goes to Juve do you guys think he will play a lot? Unless they get rid of someone he will not start there.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
If he goes to Juve do you guys think he will play a lot? Unless they get rid of someone he will not start there.

they got alves and lichsteiner who are aging + they play 3 competitions

he could go there and suck as a rotation player

not sure, what the agents meeting outcome was yesterday

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Can become a solid player in a more stable environment.Wasn't there reports about his mental health, depression or smth similar too? Tbh Juventus would suit him much much better.

Environment like Milan has had the past few seasons is the absolute worst for young players, let alone players who are not the most stable themselves mentally like Shaarawy, Balotelli or de Sciglio.

With that said, will not shed a tear if he leaves. Keeping faith in a player who is obviously better off going seperate ways just because he's a youth player is silly and foolish. Might aswell have given Strasser and Merker 10 years contract too then. Not every youth player can be a Maldini and there is no shame in that.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Can become a solid player in a more stable environment.Wasn't there reports about his mental health, depression or smth similar too? Tbh Juventus would suit him much much better.

Environment like Milan has had the past few seasons is the absolute worst for young players, let alone players who are not the most stable themselves mentally like Shaarawy, Balotelli or de Sciglio.

With that said, will not shed a tear if he leaves. Keeping faith in a player who is obviously better off going seperate ways just because he's a youth player is silly and foolish. Might aswell have given Strasser and Merker 10 years contract too then. Not every youth player can be a Maldini and there is no shame in that.

Well said. Thats because Milan's cheap policies. We convince mediocre players they are world class and young players that they are the finished article. And when they cant live up to these expectations Milan fans dump on them. At other clubs they are asked to just play at their capacity not be next maldini or nesta after couple of good games.

Schedule