Filippo Inzaghi Thread

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I meant the transitioning phase bro. They all move up to attack or move down to defend. The DM's of Sevilla still move up higher than the halfway line to continue the attacks or start them. Then the whole team drops back when the other team starts attacking. It's the same thing with Simeone. Basically it's the same system under different formations.

Fight me in real life you Yura Peko lover :o :D jk

But that's on Inzaghi bro. I know this. He should play youth against the weaker teams but I was referring to why we cannot pull off the youth system as a whole in Milan. There are too many issues that won't let us develop youth well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you are a Doris Yeh lover yet ?

But, I know what you mean. The mentaility and set up we have is just mind blowing and then you take the youth into the equation and you don't even want to start processing that type of stuff. Mastour, Mastelli, Modi, all available and all come well regarded. Then there's Felicoli who supposdely already go injured ? Milanlab ! :proud:

Anyway, best not to think about this any longer

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you are a Doris Yeh lover yet ?

But, I know what you mean. The mentaility and set up we have is just mind blowing and then you take the youth into the equation and you don't even want to start processing that type of stuff. Mastour, Mastelli, Modi, all available and all come well regarded. Then there's Felicoli who supposdely already go injured ? Milanlab ! :proud:

Anyway, best not to think about this any longer

No because her makeup creeps me out. But I still like Asian chicks :cool:

We really have to fix MilanLab as well. Years ago we had the best medical staff and now we re-injure players all the time :fp: Seems we took the free/cheap route with doctors as well. I say Milan should hire Muller-Wohlfahrt to fix MilanLab and introduce us to some of his methods.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
what I would do to see big bang boateng alongside menez and keisuke Honda and suso......... 4-2-fantasy...

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so why doesn't inzaghi acknowledge this? why does he continue to make excuses for this team if it's not him and management also causing the problem?

seedorf said he would get rid of half the team after just a few weeks in charge. granted, his behavior is the opposite end of the spectrum...but a true coach would find a middle ground to admit: this group was not built properly and a quick review of the season results will show that this team cannot play together, so we will need to find a solution by doing A, B C, etc.

instead inzaghi just keeps looking the other way...

The simple answer is that it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. The squad is assembled by galliani. Inzaghi says what he's told, if he didn't, they would find someone else who would that's why they got rid of seedorf. There is no way that a guy who's played with sheva , maldini and kaka thinks these guys are up to par. He does the right thing by defending the players in public and obviously never bad mouthing b n g in public . His hands are tied because of the situation at the club nothing to do with his true persona. The club will only be saved when those two dinosaurs walk.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i loved pipoo so much but when coach in his position playes worst player on earth as lb agains 15 year younger very fast winger like berardi and he puts muntari and essien half of season and dont play saponara niang and others then he needs to go

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
pipoo reminds me of poop guardiola

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
MILANELLO – On Saturday afternoon, Filippo Inzaghi held his pre-match press conference. This is what the coach had to say ahead of the visit of Torino:

Opening comments ahead of what will be Milan’s last home match of the season: "I heard what Diego Lopez and Giacomo Bonaventura had to say earlier this week (at the San Siro Gentleman Awards, editor’s note) and they showed a strong sense of belonging. We have to start off from this. It’s the last match at home in what has been a tough season. We must do our all to win. In the past 3 matches we have played with commitment and the right spirit. We won one of them, while in the other two we played well but they were negative from other points of view, but I don’t want to go over it all again. We need this sprit against Torino and we have to try and end with a win because it’s the last home match of the season."

Inzaghi continued: "Torino brought me luck! (as a player, editor’s note) I am now a coach however. Pazzini and Destro are both two very good players, but whoever takes to the pitch will give their all. We’re at the San Siro on Sunday and it’s nice to play at night. It’s been a hard year, but we hope it is a good match. I am the same as always ahead of the match. I have a contract for another year, and until I am told otherwise, I will continue on my path. I will always try and give my all, as I have always done. When someone gives their all they have no regrets. I’m often in contact with the president. At times we’ve been in agreement and others we haven’t. But, my decision has always been final, just how it should be. On Sunday, I will choose what I think is the best team to beat Torino. Speaking to the president every day, you cannot always have the same opinion. There are no problems. He has also said lots of positive things. I am very calm."

In response to questions over his future: "When a season doesn’t go as you had wished, a lot of names are mentioned, but until I am told otherwise, I will continue doing my job. I have a contract and I hope to be given the chance to take Milan back to where the fans want. There is a good core of Italian players with good principles to build from. The foundations are there and the situation is not all that bad. We have to do a lot to get back to a certain level, but the ingredients are in place to achieve it."

On the young players coming through: "I know the youth players at Milan better than anyone because I won the Viareggio Tournament with them. Many of them went to play in Serie B and unfortunately they did not play much. We handed Felicioli his debut, who was born in 1997, and is very good. We all know that the players born in 1998 at Milan are promising, but to hand a 16 year-old a debut at a time like this in Serie A is hard, especially for their future. They should not just be thrown into the fray."

Closing comments: "Honda will play. He deserves it for the attitude that he shows all week and in training."

i'm gonna end on a high too

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This is what he said:

"I have a contract for another year, and until I am told otherwise, I will continue on my path."

This is what it got turned into:

"I am the coach of Milan again for another year"

---

I have no hard feelings towards Pippo. He was offered a job he couldn't refuse.

First and foremost this season is the fault of our fantastic management (read: Galliani). He appointed a guy with zero experience at senior level, and only one year at youth level. Then he went on and signed a bunch of low caliber players to add to the low caliber players that already were at the club. Low caliber both mentally, technically and physically. Great work, Quaresma of directors. :proud:

Like I said, no hard feelings. Good luck in the future to him, hope he will learn from this and become a great coach one day.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Like I said, no hard feelings. Good luck in the future to him, hope he will learn from this and become a great coach one day.

:thumbsup:

hey look, we can agree on something :D

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
If there wasn't injuries for Van Ginkel, Montolivo, El Shaarawy and De Sciglio i'm sure he would have had a good season.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
He is leaving. You can feel it in the air, you could see it on his face.

He didn't do as well as he could have...as he should have, but maybe that's not his entirely his fault.
I still like him and I hope he'll be able to grow as a coach. He has more than enough time to improve and find his own style of coaching.
He needs to gain experience in a lower pressure environment. I want see him promote a Serie B club and continue growing from there

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Does he have the record for most sent off coach ever by this point?
Pippo is too emotional lmao...he gets angry at the Mafia A Refs...can't be good for his Blood Pressure :g:

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am happy that Pippo's end tenure has come with a couple of wins.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

"I have a contract. Until I am told otherwise, I will continue. If I am given time, I am convinced that I can take Milan back to where it was.

"It’s not easy to transform everything, but the squad has solid foundations to build on for next season. I just hope that I can stay on because I have a lot more to give and these club colours are inside my heart."

there should be more people like pippo around

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
We should let him go, but thank him & leave on good terms, maybe he can take a smaller team, do well & down the road come back.

But he'd need to improve a lot.

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
best solution would be if he would accept beeing carlos assistant - if carlo comes that is.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
best solution would be if he would accept beeing carlos assistant - if carlo comes that is.

That seems a little too much of an emotional decision. I'm not sure if Pipo is good enough for even that yet.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Pippo we have an bad run this season.. hope u could do better next season whatever u will be.. best of wishes!!!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he still wants to coach? make him brocchi's assistant manager for the primavera.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
The simple answer is that it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. The squad is assembled by galliani. Inzaghi says what he's told, if he didn't, they would find someone else who would that's why they got rid of seedorf. There is no way that a guy who's played with sheva , maldini and kaka thinks these guys are up to par. He does the right thing by defending the players in public and obviously never bad mouthing b n g in public . His hands are tied because of the situation at the club nothing to do with his true persona. The club will only be saved when those two dinosaurs walk.

The team has been worse than the sum of its parts, which is the sign of a poor coach.

Virtually every player on the roster regressed under him and had below average seasons.

Every single player I can think of that went on loan had a dramatic improvement.

I'm not saying this is a great squad, but look at who was starting for the couple teams in front of us...

This isnt a great squad at all, but with a good coach should be in the 3-6 mix

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This is Milan...until Pippo is officially out, there are strong chances of seeing Pippo here next season... Hell, I see it as the most likely outcome.
2 meeting at Arcore between b&g then a 3rd meeting with Pippo invited and boom! Pippo stays for another season.

I don't know why people still get excited from unofficial news about this club
Club sale (seems to have taken a full 180) , New coach, now 120-150m transfer budjet...
Could all still happen. but, until it does, consider it something you dreamt about

Now there is talk of "we have a good core of Italian players"...that shows the approach for the transfer market.

#Wearemilan

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Pippo Inzaghi begged Milan for another chance. “We woke up late, but the club can see this team has an identity now.”

He ended the season with two consecutive victories, including tonight’s 3-1 win away to Atalanta, but President Silvio Berlusconi already publicly declared he wants Carlo Ancelotti for next season.

“It’s a shame we woke up a bit late, but this is where we need to begin again from. The club can see that this team plays good football and has an identity now,” SuperPippo told Sky Sport Italia.

“I knew the players would react, we were truly a team in these last four or five games. Now there are strong foundations and with a few new faces Milan will get back to where it was.

“I have a contract. If people believe in me, then we go forward, if not then the club will evaluate the situation.

“I am relaxed and happy, I was pleased to have the whole squad behind me, which is not easy for someone making his Serie A debut as a Coach.

“It is truly emotional to see the response from the people. If you give your all, then you clearly enter into people’s hearts. I like this profession and will continue along my path.”

Inzaghi was adamant that injuries destroyed Milan’s campaign and the squad does not need a radical revamp.

“Now we have many more players available, like Stephan El Shaarawy, while Jack Bonaventura can be played pretty much anywhere.

“I believe Milan must rebuild from these players. I trust the club saw that there is something good here.

“I thanked everyone, the team and my staff who showed themselves to be real men in moments of difficulty.

“I do feel there is an important group of players here, otherwise we would’ve given up and lost all of the final five rounds.

“There’s no point looking back, we know what we did wrong, so now it is time to look forward.

“As a Coach you must always prove that you have an identity and style of football. It’s true we lost our way for a while, but I do feel the team has its own approach.

“In those two or three months we missed a lot of players and often had to adapt certain figures to different positions they were not entirely suited to.”

It was pointed out to Inzaghi that Milan really started playing as a team only after Jeremy Menez was suspended, as the volatile Frenchman can be a hindrance.

“We did very well even with Menez, he scored 16 goals and had an excellent campaign. We are a team, we fight and suffer together, trying to impose our style of football on the opposition. That is what Milan ought to do.

“The club gave me this squad and it is my duty to get the best out of them.”

The statistics are particularly poor for this campaign, as they failed to qualify for Europe again and conceded 50 goals – their worst defensive performance since 1948-49.

Inzaghi was asked where he sees himself in three months.

“My first thought right now is to relax. I hope to stay at Milan, I have a contract, I believe that I have much to give and many people have faith in me.

“If I am told otherwise, then I will go elsewhere.”

so many strange things he says

i'm starting to believe that seedorf wanted a shrink for pippo at milan

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
He can't really believe he's staying.

Schedule