Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Reaction score
That composure though :o Especially on that 2nd goal http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s45xt. He made it seem like he was out for a kick about with his friends or something

Jack is such a solid player, I still think hes the best in the final third. I think he'd do very well under Carlo in a 4321

He seem to do well no matter what position he is asked to play. I think he really should be our new number ten. Especially since Honda has been a disappointment :fp:.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I remember last summer before we were linked to him, I had to convince some people that Giacomo was not another Poli

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
7 goals 4 assists, first season, well done, good signing, will improve, 25 anni, molto player :thumbsup:

Meh performance to be honest, even with the goals.

If this was Poli you'd praise him haha :g:

he praises him when he wins a corner

if poli scored 2 goals, he'd be campaigning for poli to win the 2015 ballon d'or

4410029-7537173265-mjl.g.gif

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Player of the Season.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
what is his position to be exact?

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
what is his position to be exact?

LM/RM in a 4-man midfield. He's not a winger/left-forward/whatever or a CM.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
...and to think we swipred him from Merda :lol:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Great first season for him at Milan! :thumbsup: one of my fav players on the squad, 7 goals and 4 assists - pretty good statline

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Great first season for him at Milan! :thumbsup: one of my fav players on the squad, 7 goals and 4 assists - pretty good statline

agreed, and to think he had to do it without much continuity always switching playing positions. good purchase for sure

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
we found Trequartista

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he praises him when he wins a corner

if poli scored 2 goals, he'd be campaigning for poli to win the 2015 ballon d'or

Originally Posted by milanoldfarts View Post
If this was Poli you'd praise him haha

To the both of you I deem you worthy,

Posts of the year!!

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
We should try him as regista like Verratti in ZZ's 433 (Pescara).

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I believe with a proper coach, he along with Suso could make excellent CM's. The issue IMO was when he was played as a CM it was basically left wide mid either due to instruction or instinct which made it hard for him to influence the game. He was constantly marked and fumbled several times trying to move the ball higher in the field. I'd like to see him play a little bit more in the center

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should try him as regista like Verratti in ZZ's 433 (Pescara).

I believe with a proper coach, he along with Suso could make excellent CM's. The issue IMO was when he was played as a CM it was basically left wide mid either due to instruction or instinct which made it hard for him to influence the game. He was constantly marked and fumbled several times trying to move the ball higher in the field. I'd like to see him play a little bit more in the center

giphy.gif

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hear me out, he has all the skills to make a great CM but was pretty ineffective because of his positioning (drifting left which isolated him when he was marked).

Why wouldn't he thrive as a CM when ADM did?

In a 4-4-2 he would work well as a wide midfielder.

However, as a midfielder in a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2; he doesn't have good defensive positioning, his passing game suffers, and he doesn't know how to intercept/tackle well. Di Maria worked as a B2B mid since he has good positioning, great dribbling, good work-rate, and he definitely has speed on his side. Di Maria is able to take on opponents from deep in midfield as well, which is something Bonaventura hasn't been able to do.

To me Bonaventura plays best as an AM or a winger where he can link up well with the CF or fullback and make a run into the box. He feels more comfortable playing closer to goal than he does playing in midfield.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

please staahp:lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody is even considering this guy although he was one of the few positives from past season

Ibra
Bona - Honda
Imbula - Dedication - Monto
DES/Anto - Palletta - whatever - Abate
Lopez​

Top 3
I can see Bona have a 12+ goals season

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Today was his worst pearformance for Milan. He did it at the right time at least.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Bonaventura, Bertolacci, Jose Mauri all had an invisible game... playing badly in the first friendly is acceptable especially considering the heavy exercises. If these kind of performances follow in August, they'll be more meaningful.