Gustavo Gómez Thread

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good overall but he needs some brains to go along with his strength.

StarFrog

Banned
Reaction score
If Romagnoli is raw then Gustavo Gomez is extremely raw. You simply can't take that offensiven run he does before the counter attack to the 0-1 goal. He basically causes the goal.

Apart from that he is good with the ball, has good physics and appears to have great grinta. Hopefully he can become good but they really need to take him to tactics lessons.

Last edited:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Decent performance. Shouldn't go forward that much. + great elbow.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Not a bad debut at all actually. I liked what I saw.

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Looked shaky in the beginning but turned out well as the game progressed.
Felt like there were communication issue between him and other defenders at times.
Hopefully these issues will be sorted with time.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
He's got that grinta. Good for first game away against tough team and no help from fullbacks.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He's a madman and I love it. But someone must teach him tactics and stuff like that.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He clearly has talent, but is in need of seasoning and familiarity with his teammates.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Like i said...

Looks like a typical south american defender that is always out of position and going forward all the time.

He will need at least 1 season to adapt, if not more.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He survived.. Oleee.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
At least it wasn't an epic fail debut like Ely vs Napoli last season....

I thought he started a bit shaky/nervous but grew as the game went by.

Seems like a nice fit next to Romagnoli. Needs more time to adapt though.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
okayish outing for first timer. costed us the first goal but grew stronger as game progressed. will only get better with more playing time.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i thought he was ok.

he obviously isn't used to Serie A's pace and it's clear he's not understanding his team mates yet.

he needs more game time.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
okayish outing for first timer. costed us the first goal but grew stronger as game progressed. will only get better with more playing time.

Nobody cost us more than Abate. Gomez was alright. Abate was awful.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I didn't see any glaring tactical n00bity or anything.

He just looked unfamiliar with where Romagnoli would be and where Abate would be. Understanding with Romagnoli got better as the game progressed.

As for Abate, he himself is probably unfamiliar with where he is most of the time.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure how Gomez cost us the first goal? He went forward, but I think someone else turned it over in our own half AND then Abate just completely leaves his man open in the box.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Not a terrible debut for the second strongest team in Italy. Good passing and heading. But looked shaky many times. In all fairness, Abate was having one of his worst games in history, and that's really bad.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i think he had a good game for his debut especially that hes playing in serie A.. this isnt the pl where u can be a headless chicken . he needs time but other than that i really liked what i saw .
He needs to start next game , paletta can start by respecting the jersey and sit on the bench without having to quit like a little pussy

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Baptism by fire against in form mertens and against the most tactically adept coach in the league not named Allegri(I rate allegri slightly higher because of EuroMax)
He doesn't know the style, doesn't know the tactics and was nervous. You can't judge him right now, when he's confident and vocal he will be much better. We bought the captain of league winner here. Lanus to Milan is a huge step and what I saw looked alright. He needs 6 months of first choice play to get a hang of stuff here but he will be fine. The issue with him here was that Romagnoli looked distracted and under pressure. I would take 6 months of shit and matches like last night if by January we have Gomez, Romagnoli, De Sciglio and Calabria as first choice defenders and end up with better players in the midfield .

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
i thought gomez did a poor job of marking his man on the first goal..

A bit slow to close but Abate should have been around.

I thought he did well considering it was Napoli. Seemed poor passing from the back but Napoli are a difficult first test in that regard.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
We've been very unlucky with our fullbacks so far... they've been shit.

First goal there wasn't much Gomez could have done since Abate was way out of position to block Mertens plus Mertens ate him alive in the first goal and all night long.

I liked what I saw from Gomez. You can definitely tell he's got that grinta going for him. He was already getting pissed off at Abate and yelling like a maniac in his first match plus was trying to push the team forward when we were down like Captains tend to do... Don't expect him to be TS33 2.0 but I think he was a bargain buy. He's good already at 23 and with room to grow.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure how Gomez cost us the first goal? He went forward, but I think someone else turned it over in our own half AND then Abate just completely leaves his man open in the box.

Niang iirc

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Niang iirc

I believe so, I think Gomez was trying to give him an option to pass to, but Niang misses a 10 foot pass by 15 feet... That put Gomez out or position.

Hard to judge him from a match against Napoli. I would like to see more of him, but my guess is that Paletta will replace him for now.