Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He has looked VERY impressive in Toulon Tournament. I'd say behind giovinco, him along with lanzafame have stood out most for me. Does anyone know if Milan has plans to recall him from empoli, and if so (Please say yes), where he would play?

I dunno, I think he has alot of pace and skill, and can bring something new to milan, perhaps initially as a sub, but definately against smaller teams

Lilly

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Rino, Pippo, Fabregas, Van Persie, Buffon, Ambrosini
He seems very pacy from what I've seen.

Is he a winger? Does he have a good eye for goal? Anyone knows more about him?

ριρρσ мισ

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zola, Chiesa, Inzaghi, Buffon, Kaka, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Paloschi, Serginho, Borriello
He's a right winger, talented, pacey and a hard worker. Casiraghi seems to have tried him out in a new role behind the strikers and Abate is handling it quite well.

vioser

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pirlo,Nesta
Abate Rejects Serie B Football
Milan-owned midfielder Ignazio Abate has made it clear that he does not want to play Serie B football next season and wants to join another Serie A team.

"I proved that I could play in the top-flight and now I want that to be vindicated," announced the midfielder to 'Radio Kiss Kiss'.

"Surely there are some teams who are following," he explained, with Napoli being one of these teams according to the latest transfer rumours. "You must ask director Marino about this.

"For me, who was born in this land, it would be a dream to return to play with the Azzurri's shirt in Serie A. That is my will, but as always the marriages are done in two."

However, Napoli is not the only possibility.

"Milan want me back, but my agent told me that I have the possibility of playing for a big club," concluded Abate.

Definitely Milan trying to bring him back, this is good

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
I doubt he will be back as we already have Oddo and Zambrotta in his place.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Matmil04 said:

I thought he can also play at the right side of the midfield to provide some pace .

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
Matmil04 said:

They are RB and i think Abate is Right winger.
he would be good signing fast, young...

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Abate back, Pozzi out for Milan Monday 16 June, 2008

Milan and Empoli have come to an agreement over co-owned midfielder Ignazio Abate and striker Nicola Pozzi.

Azzurrini star Abate, who impressed at Empoli last term, has been brought back to San Siro where he developed in Milan’s youth academy.

The 21-year-old is likely to act as cover or may be sent out on loan to gain more top-flight experience.

Pozzi made a crucial contribution in Tuscany last season before picking up a knee ligament injury in December that ended his campaign and ruled him out of this summer’s Olympics.

In spite of Empoli’s relegation to Serie B, the gifted hitman has always stressed his desire to stay at the Stadio Castellani and will hope to strike regularly in the second tier when he returns from injury.

ch4

well hes back... hope he does well...

r4ptor

Beginner
Reaction score
what position on the pitch he plays????
comapre him with one who is more famos!

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
^ He's a winger but can also play attacking midfielder. He's very fast and has a good cross and decent shot on him.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
there are rumors that hes going to be loaned out... i didnt get to see him play much at empoli so i dont know if thats necessary or not... hopefully hes ready to play a bench role at milan because he seems like the type of player that you could introduce to mix things up... anyone have any thoughts on him?

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan show Abate faith

Milan have offered Azzurrini starlet Ignazio Abate a new contract, but he could be sent out on loan this season.

A product of Milan’s youth system, right winger Abate has spent his entire professional career on loan.

After spells at Napoli, Sampdoria, Piacenza, Modena and Empoli, the Rossoneri have shown faith in the 21-year-old and have brought him back to base.

The Diavolo have tabled a four-year contract, which Abate is expected to sign within the next week.

However, Abate may again be sent to another club to gain experience as Milan have a wealth of midfield options.

Torino and Sampdoria are the most likely destinations for the Campania native, who played 24 games for Empoli in Serie A last season.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I'm happy for the bloke and that Milan actually want to secure his future.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Good to know that he's impressed the management.
I'd be extremely happy if both he and Paloschi stay with us for the upcoming season. But only if Anchelotti has intention to play them quite a bit as late subs in our games.
Again, our main problem last year was our lack of power from the bench.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ABATE: 'Un anno fuori, poi Milan'
14/07/2008
MILANO - 'E' una sensazione straordinaria sapere che la dirigenza rossonera punta su di me in futuro e che nei prossimi anni potrei tornare alla base da protagonista. Spero solo di ricambiare la fiducia. Adesso vorrei andare a giocare un altro anno fuori in una piazza che mi possa garantire un po' di continuità che per un giovane è fondamentale'. Così Ignazio Abate a Mediagol, dal ritiro della Nazionale Olimpica di Casiraghi.

from acmilan.com

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
So, he'll be loaned out for another season and then play for the Milan squad next year.

Antonini is gonna stay, isn't he?
Why isn't his thread sticky yet?

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ Yeap, Antonini will definately be on the roster next year.
I guess the mods will sticky his thread when it's official.

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
well, on goal.com they talk about a contract extension which we have offered him. or lets say we offered him a contract. i actually would like to see him in rossonero next season.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
DiMilan said:
well, on goal.com they talk about a contract extension which we have offered him. or lets say we offered him a contract. i actually would like to see him in rossonero next season.
Yeah I hope milan will keep him, I woudln't mind see him play with kaká, r10 and pato :D

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DiMilan said:
Yes, the news is that he'll sign a 4 years contract, but he'll be loaned out this next season.
And then in the official site he says himself that he'll play another year (on loan) in a team that can guarantee continuity (lots of playing time) 'cause for a young player that's fundamental.

Erik77

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka,Pato,Maldini,De Rossi,Ba,
The 21-year-old Abate, who is regarded as one of Italy’s best young talents, came up through the Milan youth system, however he has never played a league game for the senior side, having spent the last five seasons on loan at Napoli, Sampdoria, Piacenza, Modena and Empoli.

Milan recently purchased full rights of Abate from previous co-owners Empoli, and the Rossoneri have now offered the lightning quick right winger a new four-year contract.

“It's a great feeling to know that the Rossoneri management counts on me for the future and that in the next few years I might return to the base as a protagonist,” Abate told Mediagol, before admitting that he will be spending next season away on loan once again.

“I only hope to repay the trust. Now I want to go and play another year in a club that will guarantee me some continuity which for a youngster is very important.”

Abate will be on show for Italy's Under-21 side at next month's Olympics in Beijing.

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Let's hope that he performs well in the Olympics :)

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing Abate in Milan, but he'll probably be loaned out for one year.

Nevertheless, from the games in which I've seen him I have a feeling he could develop/transform into a pretty good fullback. The guy's lightning, he's probably one of the fastest players in Serie A, if you're trying to beat him for pace then good luck. I think his skills could translate well into an attacking full-back role.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
He has a very bright future but i dont know where he is going to play in the milan team. We don't play wingers so maybe like the guy above me said he could play/turn into a good fullback

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I hope he is loaned out to Napoli or Palermo.

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
Finally he gots loaned to Torino... now is official...

Erik77

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka,Pato,Maldini,De Rossi,Ba,
warmth said:
Finally he gots loaned to Torino... now is official...
Goal.com says that he is there in a co-ownership deal

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan just handed him a 4 year contract, why not just loan him out?