Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
Haha cmon man, thats not happening. Even if we stay like this we can only go up.

sorry mate the only time we can go up is if we get players who can make a difference, at the moment i see none in our squad that can do that, some play great one half of the season then collapse in the 2nd.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Elliott will allocate €35-€50 million for the transfer market, and will expect more to be generated from sales of Milan players. [Gazzetta]

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sorry mate the only time we can go up is if we get players who can make a difference, at the moment i see none in our squad that can do that, some play great one half of the season then collapse in the 2nd.
Ok, ok...7th.

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Yeha I don’t know. I think they’re is more we can get from the players but I think Rino is the man to do it. I get what you’re saying about the collapse but the quality is there. Roma and Bonucci 2nd half of the season was worlds above the start. Mussachio can do a job if required. Conti can be huge for us. Rod looked better towards the end. Biglia can only improve. Hakan looked amazing. I think Silva still has potential and cutrone will only grow. Kessie can be one of the best. Bona has shown he has quality. Suso has carried a load but with quality around him he will look even better.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so you are saying that elliot cant sell dona,bonuci roma and suso and get 200 mil and still sell club for 500-600 mil

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so you are saying that elliot cant sell dona,bonuci roma and suso and get 200 mil and still sell club for 500-600 mil

no way Elliot is looking to make yearly profits from Milan, but the current state isn't sustainable. Making 50m+ losses every season just isn't reasonable in the current year and they want to change that, from what I understand. Once the club is brought into financial maturity it will be sold. I expect Elliot to leave Milan self-sustainable and perhaps with a stadium

also, 35-50m for this mercato is plenty.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
35 mil for mercato hahah

and fassone whent there for his and misarebelli job and he is staying

Having 35-50m for the mercato means if this 55m zero-balance rumor is true that it's also covered by Elliot, no? So it would actually be near 100m they're putting in so they don't have to sell our top players.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
Yeha I don’t know. I think they’re is more we can get from the players but I think Rino is the man to do it. I get what you’re saying about the collapse but the quality is there. Roma and Bonucci 2nd half of the season was worlds above the start. Mussachio can do a job if required. Conti can be huge for us. Rod looked better towards the end. Biglia can only improve. Hakan looked amazing. I think Silva still has potential and cutrone will only grow. Kessie can be one of the best. Bona has shown he has quality. Suso has carried a load but with quality around him he will look even better.

A quality striker (european proven) that can easily score 15 goals, a quality winger and a midfielder then i think we might have a chance to show we are back.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Elliott will allocate €35-€50 million for the transfer market, and will expect more to be generated from sales of Milan players. [Gazzetta]

We eatin' straight bread this summer

m0ch3r

Beginner
Reaction score
35 mil for mercato hahah

and fassone whent there for his and misarebelli job and he is staying

remember that most of the transfers this time are paid in installments , if we we drop dead wood like kalinic , bacca etc. , this can grow to 50/60 + , good enough to buy some good lw (depay , free bernard) , mf ( paredes ) and some bench warmer to Cutrone (if im gattuso i'd gamble and put all my money on him this season , maybe Silva explodes). We must wait for official statement of Elliot first.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
It's crazy how over the place the media is.

Really puts into perspective how shit they are.

Only way you can trust news reports:

1. Di Marzio reports, at least on (italian) transfers

2. All those other shitty sources report the same thing. If all report the same its probably based on information available to all rather than the fantasy of a journalist. If just one paper is "reporting" something, it's bullshit.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no way Elliot is looking to make yearly profits from Milan, but the current state isn't sustainable. Making 50m+ losses every season just isn't reasonable in the current year and they want to change that, from what I understand. Once the club is brought into financial maturity it will be sold. I expect Elliot to leave Milan self-sustainable and perhaps with a stadium

also, 35-50m for this mercato is plenty.

i didnt said yearly but totaly ,they can easly sell bonucci (replace him with musachio) suso (replace him with alen) donna(replace him with reina) and silva(replace him with bacca)

that is ealsy 200 mil and belive me our value would still be 500 mil

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
remember that most of the transfers this time are paid in installments , if we we drop dead wood like kalinic , bacca etc. , this can grow to 50/60 + , good enough to buy some good lw (depay , free bernard) , mf ( paredes ) and some bench warmer to Cutrone (if im gattuso i'd gamble and put all my money on him this season , maybe Silva explodes). We must wait for official statement of Elliot first.

we clearly dont have marrota who is selling mandragora for 22 mil but we almost sold locateli for 13 mil
if we do sell kalisit 20-bacca 15 -musachio 20 we maybe can add lw and cf maybe.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
i just want to watch milan play beautiful football again but instead i have to watch depressing football.

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i just want to watch milan play beautiful football again but instead i have to watch depressing football.

Nothing could be as bad as the peak of montella. The Bonucci long ball. I really gained an appreciation of the fact he’s gone after watching Croatia in the quarter final. That was their tactic and it was awful to watch

m0ch3r

Beginner
Reaction score
we clearly dont have marrota who is selling mandragora for 22 mil but we almost sold locateli for 13 mil
if we do sell kalisit 20-bacca 15 -musachio 20 we maybe can add lw and cf maybe.

15+0+15+20=50 alone , and the 50 roumored , and its almost 100 , i know we have mirabelli , but we have rino on the oder side not montella , with that money we can easly grow

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
i didnt said yearly but totaly ,they can easly sell bonucci (replace him with musachio) suso (replace him with alen) donna(replace him with reina) and silva(replace him with bacca)

that is ealsy 200 mil and belive me our value would still be 500 mil

Elliott did finance the moves from last summer. They can do what they wish now, for better or worse in regards to our club.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@sesheva, I can understand your despondent attitude because of Li, but it's getting ridiculous being so down on Elliott when we don't even have a clue what their plans are. Have some patience and judge when there's something to judge. It's really exhausting for you to always be so down and angry. Chill out, wait and see what happens. If they sell everyone and don't invest, then go crazy. If they invest and plan well for the future, great. Why assume the worst before it happens?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nothing could be as bad as the peak of montella. The Bonucci long ball. I really gained an appreciation of the fact he’s gone after watching Croatia in the quarter final. That was their tactic and it was awful to watch

Comparing croatia with montellas milan....really bro?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve will end up paying 340m for Ronaldo... Just about the same amount Elliott will have paid to get all of Milan.

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Comparing croatia with montellas milan....really bro?

I’m just saying montella the start of last season reminded me of Croatia vs Russia and Denmark. They fucked around at the back slowly went left slowly went right and then cleared the ball to no one. Cut out their midfield and it was disgusting to watch for 90 Mins. Reminded me of montella and bonucci last season.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Carlo Festa, journalist of Il Sole 24 Ore, talked about Yonghong Li on his blog on the website of the famous business newspaper: "Imagine a highway that leads directly to a ravine. In short, sure death. But a kilometre before, fortunately, there are at least two emergency exits to take to save yourself. But the driver decides to continue on the highway and then he ends up in the ravine. How would you define the one who makes such a choice? A suicide? A fool? Here Yonghong Li has more or less made a decision of this kind, even if there was fortunately no life on the table but over 500 million euros, that is the figure lost with the passage of Milan to Elliott. The problem is that you can't understand why Mr. Li did it this way. Let's explain it better: Just who writes, April 14 last year, that is' the day of closing, has provided this ending with dozens of articles that highlighted the inconsistencies of Mr. Li. To the point of writing also a book with a prophetic title. Now, after 15 months, you have to ask yourself many questions. Mr. Li is not, in fact, according to past testimonies, neither a madman nor a suicide. The Chinese Consob testifies him when he fined him for a stock exchange transaction. This is confirmed by dozens of articles, always in Chinese newspapers, about his past business and about the many nominees that have appeared in the past. Until a double identity case. Mr Li's money came mysteriously through triangulations in tax havens to then get there in Luxembourg and then in Italy. The accounts of Italian banks received that money. Before that of Fininvest in Unicredit, then closed after the acquisition. Then, for the capital increases of Yonghong Li, that of BPM of Milan, of the branch of via Turati: an account used by Milan already in the age of Biscione.

The problem that remains to be understood, the problem to be solved, is whether this money respected or not the kyc bank requirement, that is know your customer, you know your client. If the Bank of Italy must be asked to do so, it has launched some Sos on some capital flows, about 200 million euros, to the Milan Public Prosecutor's Office, which then opened a file without investigations and without the possibility of a crime. Being able to get between 500 and 600 million euros in Italy is not common to everyone. Mr. Li has a modest heritage in China. He was never supported by the Chinese government, despite all the hoaxes that were running at the time. Part of that money came from Huarong, the Chinese capital manager. But it was not a direct commitment of Huarong, but rather a loan or a role of trust company, to cover, to shield someone who wanted to remain unknown. Another small part came from a small company based in the Cayman, Teamway, which a few months ago was headed by a Chinese movie star and her husband, known to have been sanctioned by both the Chinese Consob. Yonghong Li had to have his headquarters in Hong Kong. But imagine the surprise of Reuters correspondent in Hong Kong when entering the room on the tenth floor, designated as the headquarters of Mr. Li, and 'found in front of two boxes, phones disconnected for not paying bills and dishes with worms inside. All witnessed by images unveiled in Italy by Report. But back to the acquisition and financing with Elliott. It's been 15 months since April last year when Paul Singer's American fund, thanks to a € 303 million loan, allowed the Chinese Yonghong Li to buy the club from Fininvest and plan the financially sumptuous purchase campaign of the last season. In retrospect, that move, which at that time had seemed very risky, turned out to be a real boomerang for the Chinese businessman who will be remembered for being not only the worst president of the Rossoneri history (with the disqualification of a year in the cups by UEFA), but also as the one who lost more money (about 500 million) in the shortest possible time (15 months) in the history of football. Yet the Chinese Yonghong Li has had several opportunities to avoid a disastrous ending of this kind. He could have reached an agreement with the American Rocco Commisso, accepting a minority stake in Milan, and limiting losses well before last week's Friday when his Luxembourgian vehicle, Rossoneri Lux, ended up in default with Elliott for only €32 million, compared to €500 million already paid. He could also evaluate the Ricketts family's offer. Instead, Yonghong Li continued in his mad rush that led him directly to the economic ruin without batting an eyelid. How else to define the loss not only of Milan, but also of an investment of over €500 million euros? For him, together with his wife, to count on a personal patrimony of more or less the same amount. Perhaps the future will reveal who Yonghong Li really is and why he ventured into this dead end. For now, the latest rumours would give him committed to find out maximum time a solution to be submitted to Elliott to limit the damage. Perhaps coming also to a legal dispute. But the US group, which has acted through one of its debt funds, probably will not leave it. In the statement released on the night between Tuesday and Wednesday from New York, no mention was made of what the club's controlling shareholder had been until two days earlier.

Now, in the folds of the loan agreement signed with Elliott 15 months ago, it remains to be seen whether or not there is a partial defence clause that allows it to take advantage of the extra profit, exceeding the repayment of Elliott and the creditors, in case of the future sale of the club rossonero. However, it seems that this clause does not exist and that therefore the Chinese businessman will hardly be able to obtain anything except perhaps by starting a legal case, which could be long and tiring. In any case, the question arises: why did Mr. Li accept a contract so penalizing 15 months ago? A real halter contracts. Now by Mr. Li, the businessman who did not know English, who spoke a very narrow Mandarin dialect, who never wanted to appear before the press, who never wanted to give interviews, the Chinese with the fingernail of the very long pinkie (a habit that in China is fashionable among the Chinese out of poverty) there is no longer any trace in the newspaper articles, neither among the fans, nor in the financial world. Mr. Li disappeared in the same way he appeared, suddenly and mysteriously, 15 months earlier in the agreement signed with Fininvest

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think I'm going to develop a brain tumor from reading all this google translated italian.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Elliott are working on resolving Milan's debt of €140m. They will either convert it into equity or re-finance the debt themselves. [@MilanoFinanza]

There are several names on Elliott's shortlist to replace Fassone & Mirabelli, including Gandini and Franco Baldini. However, Elliott are also considering non-Italian internationals for the roles as well. [@sole24ore]

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
"Mr. Li disappeared in the same way he appeared, suddenly and mysteriously, 15 months earlier in the agreement signed with Fininvest"

Maybe Yonghong will make some return on future sales of his must read adventures of fraud Li.

Last edited:

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
35-50M for the mercato is plenty.

-RnB, July 2018.

Plus money from sales of bacca, kalinic, gomez, bertolacci, thats easily another 30 mil or so

People seem to forget we only need maybe 3 signings. No need to spend 200 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.