Nigel de Jong Thread

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Same old story, a defender being linked with Milan. Except this time the player in question sounds like the type of vesatile defender we need.

Channel4:

Milan are pondering a swoop for Juventus target Nigel De Jong, who is available on a free transfer in the summer.

As reported by Football Italia earlier this month, De Jong has attracted the interest of Juventus as a player of huge potential for the future but the versatile defender has now registered on the Rossoneri’s radar.

De Jong, whose father, Jerry, played for Holland in the 1990s, has come through the ranks of the Ajax academy and grown into one of the most promising players in the Netherlands.

He made his breakthrough two years ago when he won the competition for a right-back berth with Hatem Trabelsi. Since then, the 21-year-old has proven his ability to also play at left-back and on both wings.

These are exactly the sort of qualities that Carlo Ancelotti is looking for as he scours the transfer market for two defenders – one an experienced stopper and another a young player of promise.

De Jong has also received glowing reports from Holland manager and former Milan teammate Marco Van Basten, who is said to have recommended the ambitious Ajax starlet to Ancelotti.

Milan do face stiff opposition from Juve, though. The Bianconeri have a great relationship with the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, who negotiated with Juve sporting director Luciano Moggi in the deals that took Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Emmerson and Pavel Nedved to Turin.

As you all poo-poo-ed the notion of Simunic, what about this guy? I haven't seen a great deal of him, but I've heard alot of good things about him. Anyone know anything else? Would he be as good a solution as he sounds? Being free, he certainly sounds like Galliani's ideal transfer.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
he doesn't just sound like a good player, he is a good player. and the even better part is that he is still young and can only get better. i've seen him play for the dutch national team as well as ajax. if we get him it'll be a sigh of relief for our defence, espcially the flanks. he is also great at attacking and has a great shot too. just hope this isn't just another rumour. MVB should hook him up with us or rather bring him when he replaces carletto in the summer. :cool:

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Last i heard de jong was on his way to man u (or was it arsenal?)
Don't know how much truth there is to it though

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
That would be a absolutly great signing.
He is young,good,he plays already for the dutch national team and he is for free....
But i think he will rather go to Juve, we will see...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
yep. he's a good player....he's versatile enough to play in midfield too. i'd be really happy if this went through.

Anyone know what happened to his teammate John Heitinga? A few years ago there was a big buzz about him...has he fallen off abit? From what i saw of him he looked like a great prospect.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
yep. he's a good player....he's versatile enough to play in midfield too. i'd be really happy if this went through.

Anyone know what happened to his teammate John Heitinga? A few years ago there was a big buzz about him...has he fallen off abit? From what i saw of him he looked like a great prospect.
The last I saw of him he was letting goals in against Italy in that recent friendly. I think he still plays at Ajax, other than that I have heard nothing. So maybe no news is good news.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Well i have seen him play once or twice and he is kind of good. Still young!! I already mentioned about the possibility of bringing him in under the dream signing thread and is a much better option compared to the crappy defenders we have been linked with in the past.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well it would be great if we signed him...I have seen him play in Ajax many times before and belive me guys he is good....

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
I think he is good,and the best thing about him is that he is very universal,can play on both sides of defence,even in the centre,on the wings and also as a center midfielder,his other advantages are that he's young and we need a young defender,and he scores a lots of goals...his disadvantages are that he is maybe too young and small(174cm)...
nigel de jong.jpg

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Inzaghi9 said:
his disadvantages are that he is maybe too young and small(174cm)...
I don't think these are his disadvantages. Our defenders are so old so we need young defender, although he is young, he has a lot of experience and i think some old players (such as Maldini, Costacurta, Stam, Cafu) they can help De Jong to become more and more mature. Do you think his height is so important? But if he play as a RB or LB, 174cm is enough.
I hope we can sign him, but i think the most important thing is that after we sign him, we should use him. I don't want to see he spend a lot of time on the bench at next season in Milan ( such as Jankulovski ).

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
he is Nice Player But he is't For Milan

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
DugiNesta said:
he is Nice Player But he is't For Milan

he is good for milan in my FootballManager06 game :D

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Lo Tsar said:
Being free, he certainly sounds like Galliani's ideal transfer.

Hahaaha, yes sir.
I don't know sh-- about this player!
Please no, uknown names!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I have seen him this year in Champions League .. and to say the truth .. I would love to have him in our team .. he plays in the Cafu place.. place where we need replacment momentally .. + he has good shoot & skills..

It will be good New Year present for Milan fans if they bring him.

FORZA MILAN !!

Last edited:

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAV said:
Hahaaha, yes sir.
I don't know sh-- about this player!
Please no, uknown names!

well, shows u don't know sh-- about soccer too, he isn't an "unknown" name but not a "big" name either, he's an upcoming player, just like all the present "known" players were once-upon-a-time.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
The last I saw of him he was letting goals in against Italy in that recent friendly. I think he still plays at Ajax, other than that I have heard nothing. So maybe no news is good news.
were in the world do you get your info from or do you just like formulating stuff up?? :o johnny didn't play that game, if you saw anything at all it was probably vlaar letting in goals. he's still a good player, maybe even more versatile than de jong 'cos he can play CD & DM too, guess de jong's performances have been overshadowing his lately, i think we'll see more of him in the world cup next year.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevy_007 said:
were in the world do you get your info from or do you just like formulating stuff up?? :o johnny didn't play that game, if you saw anything at all it was probably vlaar letting in goals. he's still a good player, maybe even more versatile than de jong 'cos he can play CD & DM too, guess de jong's performances have been overshadowing his lately, i think we'll see more of him in the world cup next year.
Where in the world do you get the face to criticsize things when you yourself are the one who is wrong? Heitinga did play against Itlay, and he was awful. There was even some debate over an Italy goal as it looked liked he infact scored it past his own keeper. And he did lose his form, hence Juve and others dropping interest in him. And he isn't more versatile than De Jong as he can't play the wings like De Jong can, Heitinga is strictly a central player.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Young + talented + versatile + attacking L+R back = Yahhoooooooooooooooooo.com :D
Bring him already.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Shevy_007 said:

well, shows u don't know sh-- about soccer too, he isn't an "unknown" name but not a "big" name either, he's an upcoming player, just like all the present "known" players were once-upon-a-time.

Hey, I'm in no mood for arguing, allright boy ?
I don't get to watch that much football here in Chicago, so you better not be
talkin' about my knowledge 'cause tomorrow I might be in a gr8 mood for arguing.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
YUGOSLAV said:
STFU boy.

what the hell, dude..you don't have to be rude just because he made a correct statement.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Yugo , if you cant control your emotions.. than take a rest.. everyone can keep his opinion .. thats for forums are..

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
besikaka said:
Yugo , if you cant control your emotions.. than take a rest.. everyone can keep his opinion .. thats for forums are..

Oh plz. What's his opinion based on ?
Just because I don't know about this dude, wich I never had a chance to watch him play, doesn't mean I don't know none about football as he stated.
Dude, think what ya want.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
what the hell, dude..you don't have to be rude just because he made a correct statement.

How is that correct mr. smart head ?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAV said:
How is that correct mr. smart head ?

You said you don't know shit about De Jong. Shevy_007 said that statement could potentially be reflective of your overall knowledge on the subject, because De Jong is one of the most name-dropped prospects around. simple.

:)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
You said you don't know shit about De Jong. Shevy_007 said that statement could potentially be reflective of your overall knowledge on the subject, because De Jong is one of the most name-dropped prospects around. simple.

:)

Hmm obviously not, I ain't alone who didn't know shit about this dude.
I only watch Bundesliga and premiership here in Chicago.
He probably ain't that good as you're describing it.
Could probably name you 100 hot prospects today which are on around the world news every day, this one I've never heard of. Better come up with something more affective next time before you talk about my knowledge both of ya.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
YUGOSLAV said:
Hey, I'm in no mood for arguing, allright boy ?
I don't get to watch that much football here in Chicago, so you better not be
talkin' about my knowledge 'cause tomorrow I might be in a gr8 mood for arguing.
I just came back to Chicago for xmas and I cant believe how many channels have games on. More than my apt in Italy where Sky TV basically rapes you and leaves you for dead if you want to watch even the Sunday Italian matches.

As far as the De Jong point, if Juve wants him, he must be something. I would say let's get him just so Juve can't! Plus, at this point I think it is clear to us all that we need as many young defenders as we can get.

By the way, if all of the defenders we are talking about picking up during the transfer period work out, how many would we have? 5-6 new guys? we really need a thread comparing them to each other instead of having these seperate threads on them. I dont think I could list them all right now.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
Where in the world do you get the face to criticsize things when you yourself are the one who is wrong? Heitinga did play against Itlay, and he was awful. There was even some debate over an Italy goal as it looked liked he infact scored it past his own keeper. And he did lose his form, hence Juve and others dropping interest in him. And he isn't more versatile than De Jong as he can't play the wings like De Jong can, Heitinga is strictly a central player.

ROTF!! that's why it's so "fun" to "discuss" football with you or read your "discussions" with others 'cos you just talk a whole lot of fallacies, there's nothing wrong with saying "i don't know" 'cos no one knows everything but i'm sick & tired of you forming stuff up just to show you know what in reality you know nothing about; from milan post match commentaries now transferred to player's match postmortem. i guess that's what you get from reading online commentaries instead of watching soccer yourself! the the guy who had a bad day was VLAAR #3. or let me guess, the stream was choppy right? LOL!! aw u just gotta laff!!! and johnny strictly a CD??? :eek: :D. FACE IT LO TSAR YOU GOOFED BIG TIME, I CAN CARRY THIS ON IF U WANNA, HEY I SEEM TO HAVE TIME :D.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=190200&cc=5901

btw i saw the match did u?

and Yugo chill out dude, point was made, it hurt i know, just take it like a man esp if you can't say anything to prove otherwise ;). nice to see you edit your post as an afterthought of a potential ban :). too bad Congo quoted you earlier ;) & very interesting to see Congo calling someone "rude" LOL!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!! :)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevy_007 said:
ROTF!! that's why it's so "fun" to "discuss" football with you or read your "discussions" with others 'cos you just talk a whole lot of fallacies, there's nothing wrong with saying "i don't know" 'cos no one knows everything but i'm sick & tired of you forming stuff up just to show you know what in reality you know nothing about; from milan post match commentaries now transferred to player's match postmortem. i guess that's what you get from reading online commentaries instead of watching soccer yourself! the the guy who had a bad day was VLAAR #3. or let me guess, the stream was choppy right? LOL!! aw u just gotta laff!!! and johnny strictly a CD??? :eek: :D. FACE IT LO TSAR YOU GOOFED BIG TIME, I CAN CARRY THIS ON IF U WANNA, HEY I SEEM TO HAVE TIME :D.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=190200&cc=5901

btw i saw the match did u?

and Yugo chill out dude, point was made, it hurt i know, just take it like a man esp if you can't say anything to prove otherwise ;). nice to see you edit your post as an afterthought of a potential ban :). too bad Congo quoted you earlier ;) & very interesting to see Congo calling someone "rude" LOL!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!! :)
Lets just stop a minute and take stock of the situation here by seperating your own hype from the substance. Unless i've missenterpreted your report here, it's very much a personel account rather than a relevent one. Not surprising really after your little trap failed in the Messina match thread. You remember when you were "inquiring" about my stream? Obviously in an atempt to back out of an argument as you are now. Then when I give you a link to my stream you felt belittled, so much so that you had to pass off my stream as your own only a few days later. Clearly still boiling over with rage after once again being outwitted by your more sophisticated European counterpart, has caused you to take leave of your senses and make this rather ugly attack. Still no trouble to me unless I decide to make it so should you continue your fits of rage. Shall we say take it as a warning? ;)

Now to the few relevent points you actually made.

Firstly, stop refering to him as "Johny", as if you are some kind of friend of his, because that does not compensate for your divolment in the world of football, (calling it soccer just shows how dilluded you are). The rest of your analysis of him being amazing as you make him out to be is based entirely on your own opinion. Something which sadly doesn't prove anything for you, especially when the above is considered. There is one point however you clearly have the ignorance to totally trip up on, which is as follows:
Guess what the C in CD stands for? Central, not wide player or "Comander of the defensive wide zones" or whatever inelegant title you give it in the states.

So in short, you really have nothing to say, something that is instantaneously obvious by your tarting up of your comments with sickly colours. So I suggest you take your comments to someone who has the idiocy to believe they are having a sensible conversation with someone who quite frankly knows fuck all. :)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Shevy_007 said:

Man, who the fuck are you. I can't beleive you people coming in here and telling others who and what they are, or what they know? You know nothing about this guy....thats the only certainty here. So keep ur fucking mouth shut and we'll leave it at that.

And Congo, with all due respect. This Shevy guy started this shit. Yougo just made a statement, which I share with him. I don't know anything aboiut this guy. But if You and Tsar say hes worthwhile, then hes worthwhiel, until I see him play, and make my own judgements.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
Lets just stop a minute and take stock of the situation here by seperating your own hype from the substance. Unless i've missenterpreted your report here, it's very much a personel account rather than a relevent one. Not surprising really after your little trap failed in the Messina match thread. You remember when you were "inquiring" about my stream? Obviously in an atempt to back out of an argument as you are now. Then when I give you a link to my stream you felt belittled, so much so that you had to pass off my stream as your own only a few days later. Clearly still boiling over with rage after once again being outwitted by your more sophisticated European counterpart, has caused you to take leave of your senses and make this rather ugly attack. Still no trouble to me unless I decide to make it so should you continue your fits of rage. Shall we say take it as a warning? ;)

Now to the few relevent points you actually made.

Firstly, stop refering to him as "Johny", as if you are some kind of friend of his, because that does not compensate for your divolment in the world of football, (calling it soccer just shows how dilluded you are). The rest of your analysis of him being amazing as you make him out to be is based entirely on your own opinion. Something which sadly doesn't prove anything for you, especially when the above is considered. There is one point however you clearly have the ignorance to totally trip up on, which is as follows:
Guess what the C in CD stands for? Central, not wide player or "Comander of the defensive wide zones" or whatever inelegant title you give it in the states.

So in short, you really have nothing to say, something that is instantaneously obvious by your tarting up of your comments with sickly colours. So I suggest you take your comments to someone who has the idiocy to believe they are having a sensible conversation with someone who quite frankly knows fuck all. :)

why i'm i not surprised LOL! ignore the issue & make cynical remarks (which you aren't good at by the way) LOL! since you brought it up again, i let you slide on the stream issue, BUT I'VE HAD ENOUGH!! livesports.co.il was never ever down??? ( i believe another forum member attested to that) 1 more lie... belittled by someone like you :conf: that'll be the day..you never seem to amaze me, i'll ignore your ranting for now(RAGE???, definiton of a CD???), simple questions: so did you watch the match?? & did johnny play...?? why do you have to lie to try & make yourself look knowledgeable??? :head: you think everyone here i'll be stupid enough not to see right through you. U R SUCH A JOKE!! your attempt to turn this into a Yankee-Brit thingie is pathetically WEAK. so what? i live here. do you know my origin or nationality? the statement was clear enough, you said he is a CD & not versatile and i say he isn't strictly one. by and large you make no point as usual, and try to be witty.. too bad :cool:

STOP TALKING FALLACIES!! THAT'S ALL I ASK!!
LOL!