Italian Football Thread III

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
benchod I think.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Friday October 10 2014 Tavecchio: 'UEFA ban means nothing'

FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio insists the six-month UEFA ban for racist comments “makes no practical difference.”

The chief was handed a six-month ban from committees, but can still hold meetings and attended tonight’s Italy-Azerbaijan game in Palermo.

Am I embarrassed by the ban? I want to repeat that investigations in Italy from the Federation, the CONI and FIFA found there was no need for action,” Tavecchio told Rai Sport.

UEFA made this decision, but it makes no practical difference to me. I haven’t missed out on anything because of the ban.

Will Italy be marginalised because of this? I want to remind everyone that UEFA assigned Italy the Euro 2020 quarter-final and Milan the 2016 Champions League Final.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Gandini :fp::fp::fp:

Champions League: AC Milan director wants Euro wildcards

AC Milan director Umberto Gandini believes Champions League wildcards should be introduced to ensure some of Europe's biggest clubs do not miss out.

Currently, the Premier League top three qualify automatically, with the side in fourth entering the play-off round.

In Italy, the top two go straight into the Champions League, with third going into the play-offs.

"I think we have to look at ways of improving the Champions League," Gandini told BBC World Service.

"I would like to see opportunities for wildcards or different routes for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete in the Champions League."

However Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said this week that wildcards would never happen.

Manchester United and AC Milan, past winners of the Champions League, are not competing in this season's competition after finishing seventh and eighth in their respective leagues.

"Look at Italy for example, every year you have two teams qualifying directly and one to the play-offs, but you have Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina and Lazio trying to play for the top three spots," Gandini said.

"In England now you have Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool trying to qualify for the top four.

"Every year one two or three miss out and either play in the Europa League or have to go without European football."

Gandini said that revenue from European football is too important for clubs, adding: "Today we play a competition with 32 clubs, every season you have a fantastic run by underdogs who, say, get to the quarter finals. This is good for football.

"On the other hand there are more and more important clubs - important because of history and size - that miss out."

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Milan is Champions League so I definitely agree that there should be "wild cards" if Milan doesn't make it

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Gandini :fp::fp::fp:

"I would like to see opportunities for wildcards or different routes for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete in the Champions League."

We still dont make the cut.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he's basically arguing some sort of intertoto cup format right?

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Milan is Champions League so I definitely agree that there should be "wild cards" if Milan doesn't make it

yeah might as well give wildcard to Nottingham Forest, Feyenoord, Steaua Bucharest ... since they also won European Cup before :fp:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
No secret plan, no backdoor entrance, simply a personal answer to a question on potential changes in future. Rules won't change in '15-'18

@umbertogandini

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
yeah might as well give wildcard to Nottingham Forest, Feyenoord, Steaua Bucharest ... since they also won European Cup before :fp:

no

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players

:lol::lol::lol:

AC FreeLoan wants a free ticket to play in the champions league. Soon, AC FreeLoan managers will ask UEFA or Seria A to give them some free trophies. They also look for a free stadium to play in.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2014/10/11/5174220/wildcards-would-improve-ucl-milan?ICID=TP_HN_1

Nottingham Forest FC - AC Milan in UEFA CL History section.

That's why it is called the champions league not history channel

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Galliani gonna seduce uefa.

Gandini is just foreplay.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I call Montella to Napoli next season. Rafa won't be renewed.

Speculation in the media Thohir wants Moyes to replace Mazzari. Moyes will be at San Siro for Inter-Napoli. It's like Morratti never left :proud: Eternal Presidente :proud:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
BzQ_0eFIAAAYjev.jpg:large

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bologna were (offcially) purchased by some American guy.. says he has 60 million ready to invest into a new stadium

~

^ It's amazing how much Pallotta knows about each of his players starting from their background to character work ethics etc. Berlu probably can't name half of his team.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Wednesday October 15 2014 Tasers to be used in stadiums

The Italian Government passed new laws on stadium security, forcing clubs to pay for policing and authorising tasers.

The new law was passed today with a 164-109 vote, despite clubs protesting that it was an “illegal tax.”

Sides will now be asked to devolve between one and three per cent of the ticket sales per game to pay for extra policing on match days.

An even more controversial element of the law is the authorisation for police to use tasers inside stadiums.

However, the same party that passed the law also demanded the Government “regularly monitor the use of tasers and refer the results to Parliament within a year.”

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Price of Football calculator 2014
How much will you spend supporting your team this season?

This year's BBC Price of Football study found that the average price of the cheapest match-day ticket in the top four divisions of English football is up 4.4% from 2013.

The BBC contacted 207 clubs for the study. Of those, 176 were in England, Scotland and Wales and another 31 in Europe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29527838

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

Pallotta ....:love:

Meanwhile :b::g:

Thank You for this,I read Soccernomics recently and that talked about how useful statistical analysis has been for baseball and how it has entered football recently everything.everything. Roma followed that system,the sort of "American" system that is used in Baseball/NBA etc.It is the way to go.

Other than that,We really do need someone like Sabatini.Give him 5 packs a day and make him with a projector and statistical data.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Thank You for this,I read Soccernomics recently and that talked about how useful statistical analysis has been for baseball and how it has entered football recently everything.everything. Roma followed that system,the sort of "American" system that is used in Baseball/NBA etc.It is the way to go.

Other than that,We really do need someone like Sabatini.Give him 5 packs a day and make him with a projector and statistical data.

Brad pitt followed to this system in the moneyball movie, at the end he failed.

Btw, i heard that many managers use it football manager in rl, when scouting the players.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Brad pitt followed to this system in the moneyball movie, at the end he failed.

Btw, i heard that many managers use it football manager in rl, when scouting the players.

:lol:

:proud:

So 'money ball' didnt work eh?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No matter what corporate decisions Roma took, they wouldnt have reached this stage without the Rudi Garcia signing. Primarily their rise is due to a very good coach.

And don't forget that they went for Garcia because Allegri turned them down.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly without garcia they would be shit.

And they also have a bigger transfer budget than us.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly without garcia they would be shit.

And they also have a bigger transfer budget than us.

with the Rudi appointment they hit the jackpot

as for their budget they spend more on the youngster that mostly dont even make the bench like paredes, sanabria, ucan and so on than we do in our market..

great work by pallotta and sabatini