Reaction score
Win or seppuku

No match thread without seppuku post

My prefered line-up for this one:

Bacca-Niang
Bona - Berto - Kuco - Boateng
Anto - Roma - Alex - Abate
Donna

Should provide some physicality in the middle, maybe this will allow us to hold the ball under pressure. Boateng as starter because fuck Cerci and obviously Honda is very tired of playing for us so... as long as one doesn't want to field Poli Boateng is IMO the only logical solution.

Despite my love for Adriano I wouldn't drop one of Bacca or Niang already, but surely sub him much earlier especially as Niang is looking often very tired and out of gas after 60 minutes. Who ever starts this match will probably get a rest against Carpi I think.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Luiz Adriano could play from the start vs Roma instead of Niang. #**********

Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, DeSciglio; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura; Luiz Adriano, Bacca;

‪#‎MilanChannel‬

original

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan Channel: Alex and Mexes didn't train with the Milan squad. In case they will not be avaliable, Zapata should start against Roma.

Luiz Adriano could play from the start vs Roma instead of Niang. #**********

Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, DeSciglio; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura; Luiz Adriano, Bacca;

‪#‎MilanChannel‬

Alex (injured) and Cerci (possible departure) are not called up for the match Roma-Milan.

Called-up players:
Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri (97), Abate, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Rodrigo Ely, Mexes, Romagnoli, Zapata, Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jos? Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Poli, Boateng, Bacca, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Niang.

Ugh, Zapata....

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I would like to see:

------------Bacca-Adriano
Bonaventura-Bertolacci-Kucka-Boateng
--Antonelli-Romagnoli-Mexes-Poli
--------------Abbiati

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
1-2 win to Milan with Bacca scoring both. Boateng to come on a destroy

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable Xl vs Roma (4-4-2):

Donnarumma; Abate, Mexes, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura, L.Adriano, Bacca. #Sky

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Luiz Adriano deserves to start

no doubts!!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
brocchi will start him the game after.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Bacca adriano is a shit combo

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bacca adriano is a shit combo

They're the only two forwards in our squad that are not compatible with one another as they are both out and out strikers. Formations with two of these do not find success any more... Not in Serie A at least. We need a second striker and at the moment Niang is the only one available. He did much better than Bacca, I'm not quite sure why Niang gets the boot instead of Bacca, maybe he's trying to tell him his performances aren't good enough to fire him up.

Enough De Sciglio - Abate... please bring in Antonelli. Good decision to bench Montolivo in a big game. I want to see how the team will cope without him or De Jong who IMO are the main reasons we have failed in recent years. Dunno if Kucka-Berto can hold enough ball and be tactically disciplined though.

Berto and Alessio will play against the club that groomed them into the players they are today. It'll be a particular game for them. We already won at the Olimpico and can do it again. Roma also have just as much trouble as we do and it's a shame we didn't beat Bologna because we would have had the opportunity to leapfrog them at seasons half.

I'm not sure about the starting eleven for today. There are no leaders in the team bar Mexes and he's not someone that gives me confidence at the back. It'll be an entertaining game for the public, that's for sure. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet but it would be quite an achievement to stop them at the Olimpico. We should have space to counter, maybe a Jack/Honda assist to Bacca on the counter.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I can't sleep. I want 3 points.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I can't sleep. I want 3 points.