The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think something I?m not seeing people say as much is just how much we really rely on Hakan. Throughout all the absences this season until recently, the only two key players bar a Gigio that didn?t miss time were Hakan, Kessie and theo. Hakan playing very consistently was a BIG reason we were able to keep scoring at will for so long despite Ibra missing time and rebic being injured/out of form.

He really is our Bruno. Not as good but just as important I think(United is a mediocre side without him). People talk about Bennacer but even despite the obvious drop off with Tonali we have remained competitive and in first place at that, he has basically been out for over half the season by now. Hakan was one of the only constants, as soon as he got covid we started struggling to move the ball, we have been a long ball team since at least the Atalanta game. And even when he came back, he has been poor, like against spezia. And as some have pointed out, yes our defense has been allowing spaces but it?s overlooked when our attack is clicking. We did break a record for consecutive multi goal games if I remember right.

Many players need to find form but I really think Hakan needs to step up. He wants that contract, he?s been criticized before for being too up and down. He?s got to prove himself. Everything goes through him now

True!

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Brother, how would you solve the Romagnoli problem?
Just bite the bullet ASAP.
With a cunt like Raiola there is nothing to gain going the lets renew him & then sell him for more profit.
New deal equal higher salary equal harder to sell.
That leave us with only two feasible scenarios : sell him or lose him for free.
So obviously getting 10-15mil is better than free.

PS: would do the same with Tona.
10mil loss is better than adding 15mil to that disaster of a gamble.

What does that last part mean? I'm biased? Ummm, yeah. I was never hiding it. I want all Raiola boys out.
I would have sold them all two years ago. Now they're leaving for free, or very little money.
And the club should never again do any deals with that pig.
Biased is that when you disagree with the majority of people here where their opinion , to them , is objective & yours is just driven.
And stubborn is when the argument dont end with you changing your mind where again their opinion is the true one & yours was wrong all along.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
With a cunt like Raiola there is nothing to gain going the lets renew him & then sell him for more profit.

Biased is that when you disagree with the majority of people here where their opinion , to them , is objective & yours is just driven.
And stubborn is when the argument dont end with you changing your mind where again their opinion is the true one & yours was wrong all along.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am down with this plan.

Everytime I see an Italian leave milan , I feel a sense of happiness and relief about life.

The net negative number of Italians each of the last few transfer windows makes me way more hopeful about the future of this club than any silly youth project.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

Id redeem Tonali no matter what cause honestly we can easily ship him on for 20mil. Same with Donna, renew for 10mil or whatever and we can sell him on for profit afterwards, epl clubs/psg could match his salary demands if he would want to go

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd rather give it to calabria or kessie... Even Ibra if he's renewed next season. Anyone but the kid who's trying to fleece us.

Calabria or Kessie would be my pick.
They bleed most for Milan.
Donna should be third captain.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Mandzukic out for 3 weeks.

Maldini building the team :lol:

Last edited:

blacki

Primavera
Reaction score
i tought no one will mention maldini winter masterclass market
we bought washed up mandzu
second tier middlefielder from regelation fighting team
only timori showin potentional to be good reinforcement
but im afraid he doesnt have intention to stay in italy

last year every game we had one,two or more players in form,
even castillejo had couple good one, at the moment there are none
and as we all figured already it all started to go downfall with bena and hakan injuries
although objective was get in CL we are still in places so keep positive

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

and as we all figured already it all started to go downfall with bena and hakan injuries

Mandzu is looking like a swing and a miss so far, but if he comes through for the last 10 games it will be a worthwhile deal.

Meite is a decent vice Kessie.

Tomori is godly.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meite?s biggest plus is that he is relatively cheap. I'm not the biggest fan of his player type but for me the biggest issue is that he cannot control pace in midfield. To be fair Kessie is - compared to his overall quality - also not a master at that.
I have to give him that Meite improved quite a bit since joining, I?d look out for a better alternative till summer and if there isn't any good deal I?d extend him.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

There is probably Mandzu, Meite & Dalot only made things worse than with Leao (CF), Krunic and Conti.

Terrible market.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
problem with midfield is kessie is doing cdm job and except benna there is nobody really 'active' around him. we tried krunic who is weak on everything, meite who is pretty static and tonali is just passive - looking what is happening around.
only benna run (was) in the midfield and shows himself as a option to pass, can under press turn and move forward with the ball or make good pass.

not sure if best option for now wouldnt be kessie with calab in the midfield.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Only he?s not as he doesn?t possess any of the same attributes as Il Presidente. Me?te is not a defensive minded midfielder.

He could become one.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
problem with midfield is kessie is doing cdm job and except benna there is nobody really 'active' around him. we tried krunic who is weak on everything, meite who is pretty static and tonali is just passive - looking what is happening around.
only benna run (was) in the midfield and shows himself as a option to pass, can under press turn and move forward with the ball or make good pass.

not sure if best option for now wouldnt be kessie with calab in the midfield.

Tonali can be pretty aggressive, I think with him it is more a matter of experience especially in terms of getting better at positioning himself. Learning to do it against top tier players and clubs and generally getting big game experience. That's also pretty normal at 20yo.

I wouldn't mind an experienced player like DeRoon instead of Meite (and Krunic).

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Id redeem Tonali no matter what cause honestly we can easily ship him on for 20mil. Same with Donna, renew for 10mil or whatever and we can sell him on for profit afterwards, epl clubs/psg could match his salary demands if he would want to go
Hmmm , Tona situation is obviously different than Roma's.
With Tona there is a chance for redemption & hope.
Thing is its a waste of our time & effort that could be directed on a young player with visible skills over imagining it like fucking trigonometry back in school which i never liked by the way.
Fuckin imagine a circle & then imagine a line goin ........ SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PS: Tona earns 2mil/year :fp:

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Meite free > Tona 10+15mil or Krunic 9mil.
Even after just couple of weeks am more secure with him starting than the other two.
Lets give Meite till the end of season till we decide if he deserve to be here or not.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meite is 6 years older than Tonali.
Meite can still improve a little bit but is at least 90-95% the finished product.
If Tonali is not worth working with than I don't know ... for his age he is really good and promising. If we want to have a youth project you have to deal with having players years before their prime, which someone like Tonali will only hit in 4-6 years from now.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We have 2 midfielders: Bennacer who is great and Kessie who is good. The rest are trash.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Tonali can be pretty aggressive, I think with him it is more a matter of experience especially in terms of getting better at positioning himself. Learning to do it against top tier players and clubs and generally getting big game experience. That's also pretty normal at 20yo.

I wouldn't mind an experienced player like DeRoon instead of Meite (and Krunic).

tonali may lack experience, maybe he is playing too much and is tired (year ago he had 1 game per week).
he is aggressive in defense but is not really linking defense and attack like benna was.
funny is we have kessie-benna and any from tonali-meite-krunic is direct replace (similar skillset) of our starters.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Meite is 6 years older than Tonali.
Meite can still improve a little bit but is at least 90-95% the finished product.
If Tonali is not worth working with than I don't know ... for his age he is really good and promising. If we want to have a youth project you have to deal with having players years before their prime, which someone like Tonali will only hit in 4-6 years from now.
Players that worth work with are players like Kalu , Gabbia , Leao , Diaz , pre join Milan Hauge ... skills are visible.
I honestly never seen anything special with Tona & by never i mean even before he join us.
Care to share with me what visible skills that he has that need polishing ?!!!
I have asked this question many times by got no answer.
Where do you see Tona playing & contributing to what role after he evolve those imaginary skills ?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
We have 2 midfielders: Bennacer who is great and Kessie who is good. The rest are trash.

:lol::lol::lol:

if anything looking at this season, we have bennacer who is good and kessie who is great

@Wild: 2mil isnt the end of the world, if he turns out to be shit, I bet we can sell him to Atalanta or some midtable team for 20mil without much hassle

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tonali may lack experience, maybe he is playing too much and is tired (year ago he had 1 game per week).
he is aggressive in defense but is not really linking defense and attack like benna was.
funny is we have kessie-benna and any from tonali-meite-krunic is direct replace (similar skillset) of our starters.

I think Tonali will always be different from Bennacer but the playmaking should slowly become more in sync with the team. Usually playmaking players need their 6 months to develop chemistry with the team, some a bit less, some a bit more. Bennacer needed his time too, as did Hakan.

Imo long term Tonali is the type of player that at some point makes a big jump up in quality once enough of his weaknesses are ironed out.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
for me tonali has more potential than gabbia (romag2.0) or hauge(slow, with average dribbling - maybe he is tired of season in norway).
kalulu may be good or bad (as rb) - didnt really show much till now.
diaz should play in spain/france/germany same case as valente or paq.
leao has talent like probably nobody in italy but italy(/england) is a place where you need to fight each game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule