Week 2: S.S.C. Napoli - AC Milan 25/08/2018 20:30 CET

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Napoli didn't pay start playing well until after they conceded the second goal. They looked slow, lethargic compared to last year, which is what is now becoming a typical Ancelotti team. Mertens coming on obviously gave them an extra edge but the Milan collapse was pathetic and have no one to blame but the players and coach.

I definitely don't agree with the posts saying we should abandon trying to play out from the back, thats exactly how we managed to score the beautiful second goal, but the players completely lacked what they call game awareness and just shit the bed honestly.

I don't think Carlo has much of a future with the Napoli players who brought into Sarri's ultra intense approach. He's going to be disliked by the players just like at Bayern.

Nor do I... but if that is the gameplan START REINA ffs

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Yes, starting Reina is a no-brainer if the plan is to play out from the back.

SHEVA-7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' Maldini&Nesta Shevchenko Seedorf
Season already over for us. Abandon this team sell everyone and take what u can. I hate milan i hate everyone who does their jobs terribly. We wont be big anymore. Wish we can stay at serie a. There is no hope. There is no soul. Milan is not always Milan. Milan is random european team anymore. Damn i fcking hate this club cos every fkin time they made me feel like am near suicide. Why i feel this way this is club even not from my country and still i feel dead inside after these matches. Someone pls rescue me from my pain i dont wanna read this forum i dont want follow milan. I dont earn lose anything with this matches and i feel like a shit. DAMN U NESTA MALDINI 2002 world cup. I started to follow milan with these two fcking greatest defenders.

SM-G935F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Season already over for us. Abandon this team sell everyone and take what u can. I hate milan i hate everyone who does their jobs terribly. We wont be big anymore. Wish we can stay at serie a. There is no hope. There is no soul. Milan is not always Milan. Milan is random european team anymore. Damn i fcking hate this club cos every fkin time they made me feel like am near suicide. Why i feel this way this is club even not from my country and still i feel dead inside after these matches. Someone pls rescue me from my pain i dont wanna read this forum i dont want follow milan. I dont earn lose anything with this matches and i feel like a shit. DAMN U NESTA MALDINI 2002 world cup. I started to follow milan with these two fcking greatest defenders.

:lol:

Quan

Primavera
Reaction score

I mean what is the point of posting in this thread after this? :lol:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score

tumblr_nyouh77bXi1sw995co1_r1_500.gif

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DleTp3WWsAATwEo.jpg

side did not play well and was lucky to be up 2-0 imo

but it is the first game of the season against a tough opponent (and Milan was missing 3-4 starters), not the end of everything

Gattuso's inability to adapt concerns me more than the performance

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We deserved to be winning after 55 minutes, we were clinical, defended well (donna didnt make any blinding saves, just simple ones) and it was a good away performance up to then

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We deserved to be winning after 55 minutes, we were clinical, defended well (donna didnt make any blinding saves, just simple ones) and it was a good away performance up to then

disagree

Milan was more efficient but Napoli a lot more chances and arguably just as good, just whiffed on the final technique many times

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
disagree

Milan was more efficient but Napoli a lot more chances and arguably just as good, just whiffed on the final technique many times

They always were gonna have more than us, they are at home and a better team/squad

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
DleTp3WWsAATwEo.jpg

side did not play well and was lucky to be up 2-0 imo

but it is the first game of the season against a tough opponent (and Milan was missing 3-4 starters), not the end of everything

Gattuso's inability to adapt concerns me more than the performance
Which 3-4 starters we were missing exactly?

The only one we were missing was Hakan

Cutrone is Higuain's sub

Laxalt, Samu, Bakayoko and Caldara hadnt even played a game yet for us.

Conti has been out injured for more than a year and barely played for us.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Absolutely true.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Napoli were much better than us, we were super clinical and brilliant in scoring the goals. I would be very happy if we got 3 points especially with 2-0 win but still not convinced with our play.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meltdown has reched its peak levels, its about to slow down now.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Napoli didn't pay start playing well until after they conceded the second goal. They looked slow, lethargic compared to last year, which is what is now becoming a typical Ancelotti team. Mertens coming on obviously gave them an extra edge but the Milan collapse was pathetic and have no one to blame but the players and coach.

I definitely don't agree with the posts saying we should abandon trying to play out from the back, thats exactly how we managed to score the beautiful second goal, but the players completely lacked what they call game awareness and just shit the bed honestly.

I don't think Carlo has much of a future with the Napoli players who brought into Sarri's ultra intense approach. He's going to be disliked by the players just like at Bayern.

I think we need to distinguish some statements made in this post. I have nothing against trying to play out from the back. But when playing superior sides like Napoli, who with ease close our pass-lines and make us suffer in our own third, there really is no point in trying to outplay 20 times per game and only succeeding once or twice.

Agreed, on of our goals came by that. Thanks god we were so untypically cinical with our chances. That said, us leadin 2-nill IMO didn't reflect the game at all. Napoli during 90 minutes conceeded only two chances to us – one of that resulting in a goal because Jack worked some lucky Kung-Fu-magic –, while wasting many good goalscoring opportunities with sloppy executed final shots. That's not what I call "essere padroni del campo", like Gattuso wrongly stated IMO.

If I was a Napoli fan, I'd say we were badly awarded for a very dominant display.

Well, it went like it went. Our team has not (yet?) the class to outsmart all of our opponents. Playing it out from the back is not per se the wrong choice against teams like Napoli or Real or Barca. But it shouldn't be the majority of our tacticall efforts if it's painfully obvious how often we passed ourself into trouble with that.

Actually, Donnarumma trying to stop a ball under pressure gives me shivers every goddamn time. I don't know how much more of that I can handle.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
napoli too had 1 shot on target before their goal. sure they had some half chances but so did we. we had some space after 2-2 but couldn't capitalize as we panicked under pressure. higuian got a little selfish too can't blame him though that's his job.