Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
OH SHIT. Bazemore in1!!!

512x.jpg

MOAR BAZEMOAR!!!!! MOAR BAZEMOAR!

Kyrie Stopper!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Watching Drummond... fuck I want him in OKC.

Edit: LOL Pistons suck. :fp:

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
We were missing 3 starts and 5 key players. Still beat the Cleveland kyries handily. Fuck that's an awful team. Literally one man team

Feel bad too. They looked to have wiffed on the #4 pick last year. They could have had lillard, Barnes, t Ross or Drummond.

Instead they took dion waiters a combo guard. I like him and get logic (they wanted another playmaker) but I seriously bdoubt he's better than these guys

Then again he was better than Kyrie tonight. Maybe he develops slower
Oh well bak to high lotto Cleveland.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Udrih has so much talent. But dude never wanted to work out of his mind to get higher. Was always talented enough to be a really good starting PG in NBA.

At least he will play in this years Euro in Slovenia. That gives us a chances to do something on home court. Udrih on PG and move Dragic to SG I think that could work.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We were missing 3 starts and 5 key players. Still beat the Cleveland kyries handily. Fuck that's an awful team. Literally one man team

Feel bad too. They looked to have wiffed on the #4 pick last year. They could have had lillard, Barnes, t Ross or Drummond.

Instead they took dion waiters a combo guard. I like him and get logic (they wanted another playmaker) but I seriously bdoubt he's better than these guys

Then again he was better than Kyrie tonight. Maybe he develops slower
Oh well bak to high lotto Cleveland.

KLAY, who needs Steph!?

I missed Marreese Speights being traded!?Old comment you guys discussed re Boston, they don't have too many pieces to trade IMO.Lee,Avery bradley,Green is about it.I remember when we(Seattle) got Green from Boston at #6 after we got Durant at #2,I thought Seattle has set itself big time, but Green didn't quite pan out and has had injuries...still that night Presti had pulled a Galliani. :gt:

Random thought:Beverley out of Houston ,I like the kid, could be a solid player for them in the future.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Unibrow looks very european in his game.. but his too timid, development has been slow. Dont know what to make of him.

Didnt Yao end his career because of ankle microfracture senatore?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Unibrow looks very european in his game.. but his too timid, development has been slow. Dont know what to make of him.

Didnt Yao end his career because of ankle microfracture senatore?

It's weird you call him timid (I only caught half of the laker/hornet game) cause what's usually defined him this year is a controlled aggression (he's always been aggressive, but he had the timing and didn't foul much).

Unibrow is 19 and still underweight....I have no doubt he'll be fine, just give it time. Like I said, if you compare his freshman year in college to Duncan and Hakeem, he's more polished and did more.

Perhaps it's just size of Lakers v. fact he hasn't put on enough weight. It's gonna be a process.

A good ex. I always like to give are if you look at Duncan, KG, and Durant as 19 year olds v. when they were 23 (all different styles)

Duncan was 7ft, 230 lbs... by 23 he got closer to 260 lbs

KG was 6ft11/7ft, 220 lbs, he eventually got to 250 lbs, (around 240 by 22/23)

Durant was 6ft10, 200 lbs. Now he's 235 lbs. Not huge but infinitely different.

AD is prolly my fav big man prospect, just in terms of what he can do, and what he did in 1 year as a young college freshman, but he needs time

I don't think it so but maybe-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yao_Ming#Injury-plagued_seasons_.282005.E2.80.932011.29

Yao had A LOT of injuries. Like 8 different ones.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Oh something to consider on unibrow.

He was a 6ft2 Point guard when he was 16/17. In one summer he grew 9 inches. He didn't start playing as a 'big man' till his senior uyear in high school.

Because of this he's extremely raw, but he also has really great hands, refined guard ability.

He still looks awkward for a lot of things he does, just cause you know he's not used to his body.

Here's an example of what i mean.

Dunvan at 18/19 v. Duncan at 23
MK-BT123_SP_FEA_DV_20120325185210.jpg
david-robinson-y-tim-duncan.jpg

Even with AD, you can see the difference in 1 year-
20120402_jla_sd2_341_extra_large_medium.jpg
anthony-davis-hornets.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
KLAY, who needs Steph!?

I missed Marreese Speights being traded!?Old comment you guys discussed re Boston, they don't have too many pieces to trade IMO.Lee,Avery bradley,Green is about it.I remember when we(Seattle) got Green from Boston at #6 after we got Durant at #2,I thought Seattle has set itself big time, but Green didn't quite pan out and has had injuries...still that night Presti had pulled a Galliani. :gt:

Random thought:Beverley out of Houston ,I like the kid, could be a solid player for them in the future.

Hah klay heated up

Klay had the worlds worst november, which earned him a bad rep with warrior fans but since then look at this-
nov- .386 fg%, .298 3pt%
dec- .414 fg%, .448 3pt%
jan- .440 fg%, .400 3pt%

Since that awful november he's been-
30 games....

17 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg, .567ts% (pretty efficient)

Steph's still the better shooter, but Klay's damn good in his own right, and his size makes it easier

--

I honestly think, despite lacking a true superstar, we have best scoring lineup. Maybe Steph becomes a superstar, maybe he just stays at current level which is all-star. But I don't think anyone else had 5 potential guys who can score 25-30 points any given night in starting 5

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bulls tied NBA record of 41 straight wins when scoring 100 pts or more.

Just tells you their defense is second to none. Tom Thibodeau :proud:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Just heard about the Pistons - Toronto - Memphis trade.

Hilarious Prince fan gif:

sadprincefan.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stoudamire has done well for us since he come back from injury. He hasn't been the detriment people made him out to be.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Stoudamire has done well for us since he come back from injury. He hasn't been the detriment people made him out to be.

meh-
your offense and defense are both better without him,
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01/on-off/2013/

But the real issue with him is not that he can't be a productive 20 mpg bench guy (what he's doing), it's that he's paid to be a star, and he isn't/doesn't fit the lineup/just has declined to a degree cause of injuries

I'll point out his rebounding is at a career low rate. 7 per 36 minutes,

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
The real Amare will be back in the playoffs :proud:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
it's so unfair memphis had to trade gay

Gay sucks. Inefficient chucker. Paid like a star not worth it.

Memphis gm is John Hollinger. He was desperate to rid him.

This might be an initial steph bak (though its debatable dice they went farther in playoffs when he was hurt than when he played). But it's an excellent long term move

This will open up more shots for zbo and gasol who are basis of their offense but underutilized cause Rudy gay is a ball stopper

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
he was a good defender, he was athletic, he was good offensively

and more important he was good with their team chemistry, style of play. tough defender, good rebounder, good post up play.

what they got in exchange an old tayshaun prince and this guy ed davis who doesnt seem any good at this point..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he was a good defender, he was athletic, he was good offensively

He's a good defender, but his offense sucked. He's way below average wing offensively. He just chucked.

He's shooting 40.8% this year, yet leads team in shots. He doesn't get to line much or hit 3s exceptionally well.

He doesn't pass. He's a ball stopper. He's been an offensive negative for them.

and more important he was good with their team chemistry, style of play. tough defender, good rebounder, good post up play.

what they got in exchange an old tayshaun prince and this guy ed davis who doesnt seem any good at this point..

Tayshaun is fine. He doesn't overshoot. It opens up shots for ZBo and Gasol and Conley.

Do you not remember... in 10/11 they went farther when he was hurt than when he played. 2nd round. His injury fueled their run

last year he played, they got knocked out in first and he was bad.

Ed Davis is good a quality back up big.

Austin Daye's had a good year too, young prospect

_

Rudy gay is epitome of overrated player who doesn't help you. Toronto is gambling on his potential, but memphis doesn't need to go into luxury tax when he doesn't fit.

Watch memphis be fine

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He was their only perimeter player to create something. I know their game is based on randolph and gasol but you also need some quality on the wings. He could create at time a mismatch or something offensively..

and he also could match athletically with about anyone on the wings. would have helped memphis a lot vs okc, clippers, etc

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He was their only perimeter player to create something. I know their game is based on randolph and gasol but you also need some quality on the wings. He could create at time a mismatch or something offensively..

and he also could match athletically with about anyone on the wings. would have helped memphis a lot vs okc, clippers, etc

they lack any outside shooting thoug

tayshaun and daye are much better 3 point shooter, with that inside game it's beneficial

Conley can create. He's a quality PG

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dragic said he is a huge AC Milan fan. That he loved Savicevic and Maldini. He follows Milan really closely.

DRAGON!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Dragic said he is a huge AC Milan fan. That he loved Savicevic and Maldini. He follows Milan really closely.

DRAGON!

dragic is a good player

pheonix is a horrendous team

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dragic is a good player

pheonix is a horrendous team

Yeah he is good. A legit starting PG. Not a world-beater though. I think he made a mistake going to the Suns but apparently he just loves that city.

I have no idea what the thing is with Phoenix. What is the plan? Not really a young team and not really a team that gives a sense of being in a rebuilding phase. They just look completely lost.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah he is good. A legit starting PG. Not a world-beater though. I think he made a mistake going to the Suns but apparently he just loves that city.

I have no idea what the thing is with Phoenix. What is the plan? Not really a young team and not really a team that gives a sense of being in a rebuilding phase. They just look completely lost.

They offered him a lot of money...

overpaid really, imo (4 year/30 mil)

They were planning to pair him with Eric Gordon. A good dynamic combo IMO, but New orleans wouldn't let gordon go despite him saying he wanted to go to pheonix

I'm sure he loves pheonix... it's next to scottsdale :)

The New York Times described downtown Scottsdale as "a desert version of Miami's South Beach" and as having "plenty of late night partying and a buzzing hotel scene".[3]

I have friends who went to school there. It's pretty crazy. Austin and Scottsdale, two of most underrated party cities in america. Great talent

Dragic you dog....
Axis-Radius-Scottsdale_28_550x366.jpg

Smashboxx%20Scottsdale%20Bar%20Chinese%20New%20Year%209857744.jpg
_DSC4532.jpg

It's next to two of america's hotter err dumber universities. You can imagine....

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Just saying... doubling my salary to go to a place crawing with slutty 21 year olds doesn't sound so bad....

Schedule