Staff member
Reaction score
La casa del pabel

first season and a half seems very good

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Is the Big Mouth Valentine's day special out?
Code:
on torrents as well?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
The Punisher season 2 is utter garbage. Not sad for the cancellation

Sex education is woke and fun. Season 2 has been green lit

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
The Punisher season 2 is utter garbage. Not sad for the cancellation

Sex education is woke and fun. Season 2 has been green lit
Wouldnt say garbage i enjoyed IT. Season 1 was Just too good to compare. I liked The priest Guy

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
You is absolutely brilliant, amazing first season.

Among with The Haunting of Hill House, i would say they are the only 10/10 tv series i've watched recently.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Gomorroa Season 4. Thoughts? A bit diffuse this one. And it lacks the urgency of earlier seasons.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Historia de un Clan

Some epic dialogue in this one. Well worth a watch.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Another good show from Netflix, love the dark spin on things, very well done.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Gomorroa Season 4. Thoughts? A bit diffuse this one. And it lacks the urgency of earlier seasons.

A dud. Hard to keep up the show with same formula*, would need to add another layer. Not enough Secondigliano + Mokadelic scenery. Low hopes for next season even tho they might go to ok'ish nostalgia route before sinking completely. Hopefully Ciro movie will be as good as Bulgaria episodes.

* - killing off a lot of characters.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Historia de un Clan

Some epic dialogue in this one. Well worth a watch.

Yeah, loved the Wu-tang doc. Was afraid it will be shit but they didn't emphasize the drama and didn't have annoying slow-mo shots and thanks to that it came across real like the clan. Odb VH1 show was a good rewatch afterwards as well.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Been hearing a lot about this one. How can a documentary about such a topic be so good? Need to check it out.

It's not a documentary. It's drama. Like The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, Manhunt (unabomber) et al. It can be good through good research and by professional planning. Russians are carving their eyes out for a foreign production to solve the topic so good. But then again the Russians (And UKR/BEL) might be too hurt to work it out properly.

What you mean by such topic? This is the biggest man made catastrophe. Absolute epic stuff. Perfect stage for a good drama.

Twitter threads for each episode by @SlavaMalamud

e01 - https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1132029943297265664
e02 - https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1132362644848033792
e03 - https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1132630861600444416
e04 - https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1133199099640074247
e05 - https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1135689238597574656

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Drama I can understand that such a topic gets so much attention. Didn't know the genre, just heard about some show about Chernobyl and assumed it was a docu. Will watch it during this weekend.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Yeah, loved the Wu-tang doc. Was afraid it will be shit but they didn't emphasize the drama and didn't have annoying slow-mo shots and thanks to that it came across real like the clan. Odb VH1 show was a good rewatch afterwards as well.

;)

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Chernobyl is absolutely magnificent, holy shit

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
A dud. Hard to keep up the show with same formula*, would need to add another layer. Not enough Secondigliano + Mokadelic scenery. Low hopes for next season even tho they might go to ok'ish nostalgia route before sinking completely. Hopefully Ciro movie will be as good as Bulgaria episodes.

* - killing off a lot of characters.

Yes, killing off a lot of characters, and the ones remaining don't have enough charisma to carry the show.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Jesus

I need to watch this

It's actually insanely good. I'd heard it was good, waiting til it was finished to watch in one go. My god it was better than I ever imagined.

No wonder GoT s8 was pretty poor, they put all their good writing staff at HBO to Chernobyl. Probably the best show I've watched in years.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chernobyl...
Wow...
It's been a long time since I've seen something that completely justified all the hype. It even surpassed all my expectations.
Absolutely fucking brilliant.

The scene where the guy goes up on the roof to look down on the exposed core... The look of sheer terror on his face as he turns around... The realization that he's already dead just from that one single look...
Incredible

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wtf they look nothing like RZA or GZA or even U-God.

Why do they have white actors portraying black people?:rolleyes:

This is why I prefer documentaries :o

so, should watch When They See Us, eh? Versace, Manhunt and OJ make me positive about it but still a bit iffy for some reason. (maybe cause of Fruitvale Station was overdramatized)

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is why I prefer documentaries :o

so, should watch When They See Us, eh? Versace, Manhunt and OJ make me positive about it but still a bit iffy for some reason. (maybe cause of Fruitvale Station was overdramatized)

Yeah, same here.
I've seen The Central Park Five documentary. I liked it. Not really interested in a TV series of it.
Chernobyl is an exception because I had never bothered to watch any of the documentaries. Would've probably not watched the TV series either if it wasn't shoved at my face everywhere. But I liked it as well, although it was disappointing(but expected) that it wasn't in Russian. The uppity British accents in particular took me away from the settings. I read that the director initially wanted Slavic accents, but changed his mind after a few scenes.

Coogler made Fruitvale Station to make Oscar Grant seem like a better person than what the facts showed.