Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Is he gonna get his 2M? If he doesnt his dad will smack him around so much he will be forced to end his career.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Sorry I’d have to disagree swagger

Woodley is a good fighter and may be a tough matchup for GSP, but to think he can wax GSP is easy is a bit misguided. GSP is incredibly well rounded and still constantly improving

1. Jake Shield is known as a wrestle-fuck, American BJJ wet blanket, one-trick pony. If Woodley was purely a wrestler at that time he should have no issue dealing with such a fighter no?

2. Woodley's last fights

Darren Till - who the fook is that
Demian Maia - BJJ one trick pony.
Stephen Thompson - how many dimensional is he? :lol:
Robbie Lawler - one dimensional
Kelvin Gastelum - how many times has this guy failed to make weight? :lol:
Dong Hyun Kim - above average fighter

Who’s Woodleys best win? Thompson? Lawlor?

Should we go further back?

Rory MacDonald - lost to a not as good GSP
Carlos Condit - ???
Josh Koscheck - 1 dimensional wet blanket
Jake Shields - 1 dimensional fighter who only wrestles...Woodley's strong suit
Jay Hieron - :lol:

Seems like Condit is Woodley's best win too...according to your logic

gastulem, Lawler, maia and wonderboy would all beat everyone gsp's beaten though. Wondeeboy may be one dimensional but he has an iron chin, elite striking and can light up anybody in the WW division. He destroyed Hendricks iirc.
wonderboy also beat Rory and Robert freaking Whittaker. Whittaker would absolutely rape anyone gsp has ever faced.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Why even compare resumes? I think GSP has the better one, hence why he is regarded as either the Goat or Nr2 after Fedor by many but for fighting right now it's not as important.

I think Woodley is a hard fight because he is a champ but GSP went in there with Bisping with no issue. Is Bisping a worse fighter than Woodley? Of course, that much is clear but he's also considerably heavier and GSP was able to take his hits. Do we think GSP can wrestle with Woodley? Yes and he has a better gas tank.

Anyway, I think George will try to go for triple belt, not sure if Dana wants to allow him that after he ducked his MW defense. Now ducking Whittaker - he undeniably did that imo and I don't blame him.

I have to disagree. Woodley is a much harder fight than bisping by a long shot. bisping is pillow fisted and probably the easiest matchup for gsp in the middleweight top 7. I know hero's rockhold but rockhold has a hilariously glass jaw and totally disrespected bisping by putting his guard down :lol:. Bisping was on the decline already by the time gsp fought him anyway. Ofcourse gsp can wrestle Woodley but he won't be able to take him down. Woodley has by far the best take down defense percentage in ufc. Woodley paces himself much better under roofus. I would like to see this fight but Gsp said he is worries about his legacy which means he is scared of fighting tyron since he knows tyron can beat him decisively.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You know who I think beats Woodley actually? gastulem. if that guy can make weight, he beats everyone in Welterweight including Woodley, gsp prime and anyone for the matter.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Is he gonna get his 2M? If he doesnt his dad will smack him around so much he will be forced to end his career.

He's probably gonna get it and then getting fined. He'll get a big pay check from the UFC anyway for PPV but it takes some times until PPV is accounted for.

Also no smashing by dad because Putin met the two and asked the father to be so kind and not smash Khabib :lol:

I have to disagree. Woodley is a much harder fight than bisping by a long shot. bisping is pillow fisted and probably the easiest matchup for gsp in the middleweight top 7. I know hero's rockhold but rockhold has a hilariously glass jaw and totally disrespected bisping by putting his guard down :lol:. Bisping was on the decline already by the time gsp fought him anyway. Ofcourse gsp can wrestle Woodley but he won't be able to take him down. Woodley has by far the best take down defense percentage in ufc. Woodley paces himself much better under roofus. I would like to see this fight but Gsp said he is worries about his legacy which means he is scared of fighting tyron since he knows tyron can beat him decisively.

Agree Rockhold is a bit of a glass jaw and for MW Bisping isn't the hardest puncher but in the end, he still easily balloons up to 205 lbs in the ring after cutting and GSP had no problem with this.

Don't get me wrong, Bisping isn't the better fighter(as I've already said I think) but I don't think GSP is scared of power shots at this point. But I do think he's looking for an easier fight. If Woodley has a fluke loss, you just know GSP is going to go for whoever gotten the title. He would definitely fight and grapplefuck Thompson if he was champ. Same for Colby, not so sure about Usman.

Btw I didn't take his legacy statement as worrying but rather as him saying he'd rather fight illustrious fights that make his name bigger as opposed to fights that only inflate how much money his bank account has. Now how much of this is real and how much is just talking empty words I don't know but that's how I took it.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gastulem, Lawler, maia and wonderboy would all beat everyone gsp's beaten though. Wondeeboy may be one dimensional but he has an iron chin, elite striking and can light up anybody in the WW division. He destroyed Hendricks iirc.
wonderboy also beat Rory and Robert freaking Whittaker. Whittaker would absolutely rape anyone gsp has ever faced.

I don't really think you can just start listing names on Woodley's win list and just start saying they will beat anyone in GSP, at least you won't be effective in persuading anyone, but since you brought it up, let's talk about it.

[..] would all beat everyone gsp's beaten though.

First of all, before we even get to the records, what exactly does this statement mean? Are you saying these fighters are technically more sound or simply that they have a better chance against people GSP have faced? If its only the ladder, everyone Mark Hunt has KOed before would probably give both GSP and Woodley trouble, why? Because they are heavyweights and without weight limits heavier person will always have an advantage.

Now:

Gastelum - most of his fights at MW, can barely make WW. Also lost to Neil Magny (world beater?).

Lawler - just lost to a small WW in RDA. His "big wins" that UFC hyped him since his "comebacks" - split 2 decision fights with Hendricks and had a good TKO of Rory. But also only split decisioned Condit. So yea, you could say Hendricks gave GSP hell and Lawler split a series with him, and also the win against Rory is a good win, but nothing in his record OR his skill set is remotely suggesting he can beat ANY of GSP's wins.

Maia - won't even talk about Usman and Colvington. Maia could never beat wrestlers: Jake Shield, Munoz, Weidman... And not to mention, GSP beat Shields, so your statement is simply not true.

Whittaker - he is a middle weight, why are we even talking about him. If you are going to credit Thompson beating him and for that reason list Thompson as a world beater, should we also examine Court McGee? Guy who's .500 in the UFC today.

All this information is available on Sherdog. I would be happy to hear your reasons as to why they would all beat everyone GSP has beaten.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't really think you can just start listing names on Woodley's win list and just start saying they will beat anyone in GSP, at least you won't be effective in persuading anyone, but since you brought it up, let's get talk about it.

First of all, before we even get to the records, what exactly does this statement mean? Are you saying these fighters are technically more sound or simply that they have a better chance against people GSP have faced? If its only the ladder, everyone Mark Hunt has KOed before would probably give both GSP and Woodley trouble, why? Because they are heavyweights and without weight limits heavier person will always have an advantage.

Now:

Gastelum - most of his fights at MW, can barely make WW. Also lost to Neil Magny (world beater?).

Lawler - just lost to a small WW in RDA. His "big wins" that UFC hyped him since his "comebacks" - split 2 decision fights with Hendricks and had a good TKO of Rory. But also only split decisioned Condit. So yea, you could say Hendricks gave GSP hell and Lawler split a series with him, and also the win against Rory is a good win, but nothing in his record OR his skill set is remotely suggesting he can beat ANY of GSP's wins.

Maia - won't even talk about Usman and Colvington. Maia could never beat wrestlers: Jake Shield, Munoz, Weidman... And not to mention, GSP beat Shields, so your statement is simply not true.

Whittaker - he is a middle weight, why are we even talking about him. If you are going to credit Thompson beating him and for that reason list Thompson as a world beater, should we also examine Court McGee? Guy who's .500 in the UFC today.

All this information is available on Sherdog. I would be happy to hear your reasons as to why they would all beat everyone GSP has beaten.

Condit is gsp's best win right? maia did choke him out and maia wasn't even in his prime. Neither was Condit but he was closer to his actually peak level compared to maia at the time they fought. Maia was definitely past his prime when he fought Colby and usman. he is 41 for God sake. I am talking about Lawler at his absolute best would beat all of Gsp's opponents. infact he actually did beat Condit too. I know there were contrasting opinions about that bout but in terms of damage, Lawler clearly won. I always think damage should count for more points than pure output and octagon control. Lawler did control the octagon better anyway.
Lawler started losing only after Woodley flatlined him. Getting ko'd like that will crack your chin. He is not the same Lawler anymore. Rda toiled so hard to get past a broken,beaten and battered Lawler who was also injured in that fight. Nick Diaz beat Lawler when Lawler was raw. I highly doubt Diaz fodder would beat Lawler in his prime. BJ Penn sure isn't beating him either. I don't see anyone of gsp's wins beating prime Lawler.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Condit is gsp's best win right? maia did choke him out and maia wasn't even in his prime. Neither was Condit but he was closer to his actually peak level compared to maia at the time they fought. Maia was definitely past his prime when he fought Colby and usman. he is 41 for God sake. I am talking about Lawler at his absolute best would beat all of Gsp's opponents. infact he actually did beat Condit too. I know there were contrasting opinions about that bout but in terms of damage, Lawler clearly won. I always think damage should count for more points than pure output and octagon control. Lawler did control the octagon better anyway.
Lawler started losing only after Woodley flatlined him. Getting ko'd like that will crack your chin. He is not the same Lawler anymore. Rda toiled so hard to get past a broken,beaten and battered Lawler who was also injured in that fight. Nick Diaz beat Lawler when Lawler was raw. I highly doubt Diaz fodder would beat Lawler in his prime. BJ Penn sure isn't beating him either. I don't see anyone of gsp's wins beating prime Lawler.
:lol:

You conveniently add a timeline of fighter being in their prime and only want to examine a certain time period.

So prime Lawler would have to beat prime Matt Hughes too right? You ever hear the stories out of the Militich camps what Hughes used to do to Lawler right? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

GSP fought LEGENDS of his time. Before GSP, Matt Hughes was unbeatable, only BJ have beaten Matt Hughes in his PRIME. So no, Condit is not GSP's "best fight", that is ridiculous, according to your OWN argument

You also did not add anything concrete to counter my arguments, just more conjecture. Maia choked out Condit but Maia IN HIS PRIME also have no answer against wrestlers or ANYONE good enough at grappling to not engage him (Anderson). Are you going to ignore that? Hughes and Penn were both more well rounded fighters IN THEIR PRIME, and I would argue BJ is at least on par in terms of grappling.

Lawler, at his ABSOLUTE best, is a period when all of GSP's best wins are out of their prime, so what's the point of comparing? But even if we do, there is nobody on Lawler's win list during his ABSOLUTE BEST times that GSP cannot beat, barring a roided out Hendricks which I thought GSP lost to (still won a decision), but even Lawler's 2 fights with Hendricks were close. Also, GSP beat Condit DECISIVELY. If you are going to point out Hendricks as a point that Lawler can beat someone that GSP can't in your mind, then GSP beat someone decisively that Lawler had a close fight with. Nobody has to discuss volume vs. damage done when judging GSP vs. Condit...

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
the disrespect I'm reading towards the GOAT in this thread is disgraceful

You conveniently add a timeline of fighter being in their prime and only want to examine a certain time period.

So prime Lawler would have to beat prime Matt Hughes too right? You ever hear the stories out of the Militich camps what Hughes used to do to Lawler right? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

GSP fought LEGENDS of his time. Before GSP, Matt Hughes was unbeatable, only BJ have beaten Matt Hughes in his PRIME. So no, Condit is not GSP's "best fight", that is ridiculous, according to your OWN argument

You also did not add anything concrete to counter my arguments, just more conjecture. Maia choked out Condit but Maia IN HIS PRIME also have no answer against wrestlers or ANYONE good enough at grappling to not engage him (Anderson). Are you going to ignore that? Hughes and Penn were both more well rounded fighters IN THEIR PRIME, and I would argue BJ is at least on par in terms of grappling.

Lawler, at his ABSOLUTE best, is a period when all of GSP's best wins are out of their prime, so what's the point of comparing? But even if we do, there is nobody on Lawler's win list during his ABSOLUTE BEST times that GSP cannot beat, barring a roided out Hendricks which I thought GSP lost to (still won a decision), but even Lawler's 2 fights with Hendricks were close. Also, GSP beat Condit DECISIVELY. If you are going to point out Hendricks as a point that Lawler can beat someone that GSP can't in your mind, then GSP beat someone decisively that Lawler had a close fight with. Nobody has to discuss volume vs. damage done when judging GSP vs. Condit...

:star::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson 2 for the LHW championship.

December 29, UFC 232

never been more swedish in my life

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

how old was Lawler when Hughes did whatever he did to him. Hughes is so one dimensional. Lawler at his best beats him comfortably by vicious ko. Gsp is GOAT. In saying that Lawler poses serious issues for even a prime gsp at his WW peak level. Gsp probably wins. That's not my point. I just feel that Lawler at his best beats all of Gsp's opponents. Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
how old was Lawler when Hughes did whatever he did to him. Hughes is so one dimensional.

Yea, if you look at it from today's angles. But at his time he was the best. Not only did they bring best of fighters of UFC, they even brought in Sakurai from Japan.

Lawler at his best beats him comfortably by vicious ko.

First of all, that is just conjecture, there is no evidence to back up your claim that Lawler can "beat Hughes comfortably by vicious KO". Lawler always struggled against wrestlers, against Hendricks they kept it on the feet. Otherwise, only Ellenberger if you want to count him from when he returned is a wrestler, and most of Ellenberger's fights he win by KO/TKO.

This isn't MMA math. I am pointing out a specific set of skill set that I don't think Lawler is equipped to deal with. And even at his prime, I think Hughes can take Lawler down, he was way ahead of his time in terms of how good his wrestling is.

Any one can beat anyone by vicious KO if they catch them clean, saying that means absolutely nothing. Who has Robbie "viciously KOed" btw? Rory, he broke his nose, Ellenberger was knee and punches. No other KO/TKO. Unless you now want to count his "pre prime pre peak fodder version".

Edit: I forgot Bobbie Voelker, 0-4 in UFC, fighting in Shamrock FC now...definition of a can.

Gsp is GOAT. In saying that Lawler poses serious issues for even a prime gsp at his WW peak level. Gsp probably wins. That's not my point. I just feel that Lawler at his best beats all of Gsp's opponents. Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.

No, your original point is:

doesn't matter if he doesn't have his resume. All I know is that Woodley would clean gsp's chin out if they ever fight.

You just chose to use Lawler as an example to discredit all of GSP's wins and add weight to your argument that Woodley easily beats GSP. I am going to agree to disagree on BOTH accounts here.

Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.

I was hoping using MMA math would show you how ridiculous your own argument is, but then i read the bolded part.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe. I am not sure. I agree though. GSP is GOAT for sure. There is no doubt about it but tyron is coming for him. For me I feel that Woodley at his best beats GSP cause he is just that good now. It's a shame we will never know though. Woodley reckons he wants to fight the winner of Whittaker vs gastulem btw. Should be interesting.
I actually really believe gastulem is the guy to dethrone Woodley.

What do you think about Douglas lima curu?
He is a tremendous fighter and would comfortably be top 3/4 in ufc imo.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
His name is fucking Gastelum, GASTELUM.

Also, Conor, not Connor.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe. I am not sure. I agree though. GSP is GOAT for sure. There is no doubt about it but tyron is coming for him. For me I feel that Woodley at his best beats GSP cause he is just that good now. It's a shame we will never know though. Woodley reckons he wants to fight the winner of Whittaker vs gastulem btw. Should be interesting.
I actually really believe gastulem is the guy to dethrone Woodley.

What do you think about Douglas lima curu?
He is tremendous fighter and would comfortably be top 3/4 in ufc imo.

WW division is really weak right now, I think he'd be toss up against guys like Lawler, RDA, Till. I think he'd give Covington a good fight.

None of these guys will dethrone Woodley, Gastelum maybe has the skill set but I don't think he can do it. Dude can hardly make the WW.

Woodley is good, he may be as good as GSP level, I would actually like to see him fight Ben Askren. Our of any skill sets that can challenge Woodley's out there, I think Ben Askren's wrestling ranks top. Now Woodley can also knock out Askren, but it's at least a fight worthy of seeing. Time to prove he can overcome the wrestle-fuck

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like askren. Aren't they friends though? askren and Woodley
Pretty sure they train together and are very close. Woodley would be the favourite but it's a close fight.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, Askren and Woodley train or at least trained together.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Khabib says he will leave UFC if they fire Zubaira

Have to say that’s a g move

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Khabib is as real as it gets, actual ride or die type of person and I love it.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Khabib is as real as it gets, actual ride or die type of person and I love it.

khabib vs iaquinta 2 would be nice. real gangster fight provided al gets through lee.
lee vs khabib must happen. lee talked so much crap. he deserves an aaa whooping.
Tony vs khabib is the real championship fight.

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't really need Khabib vs Al 2. I respect all and what he did in stepping up but there's a big gap between these two.

Khabib vs Tony, I need this in my life more than anything else MMA related. I am not super hyped on a Lee vs Khabib fight. I expect a lot of grappling exchanges and fighting for position until Lee shows his lack of heart again and Khabib gains the upper hand for good.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conor talking all big about that gangster life...
But then a real motherfucker comes in and shuts him right the fuck up

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Conor talking all big about that gangster life...
But then a real motherfucker comes in and shuts him right the fuck up

Talking mad shit about how Khabib would be dead if he confronted Conor in April and that Khabib was hiding on the bus :lol:

Well, so much for that.

Avars and Chechens ain't nothing to fuck with.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
khabib vs iaquinta 2 would be nice. real gangster fight provided al gets through lee.
lee vs khabib must happen. lee talked so much crap. he deserves an aaa whooping.
Tony vs khabib is the real championship fight.

Al Iaquinta vs. Conor McGregor

Zubaira vs. Artem

Dillon vs. Islam

Tony Ferguson vs. Khabibi

That's a card right there