Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
Monto is undervalued.... id rather him in biglias role to be honest. biglia has been very average. Hope monto starts in Europa.

Me too i agree , as soon as He gets the gets the field , he made two magik passes , that Biglia would'nt able to do it , also in his technique .

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He has been doing very well in all his sub appearances and starts in the last 3 months or so. Good to have him back again as a reliable, technical backup.

Biglia should start without a doubt, but Monto's shifts are critical.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
The difference between Monto tonight and Biglia last week was huge

I'm actually gonna miss him (and Abate)

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
can't wait til hes out of here... messed up a golden chance to pull another goal back off that corner, but end up skying it.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
can't wait til hes out of here... messed up a golden chance to pull another goal back off that corner, but end up skying it.

you are the best troll on this forum by far :thumbsup:

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Back to his normal self. Terrible at everything. Oh wait. He did win one header.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This was hopefully the last time we saw captain below average in the Milan shirt.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That is how you end your club career. Peak Calcio
:proud::proud:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
This was his last game? :lol:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
making that kind of foul-mistake when the team leading and have man advantage would be ok for fresh primavera player

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
One of the worst captains in Milan history, and one of the most overrated football players in Italy.

The only place he was really good was football manager, that being said..:

7x401HR.gif

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
He was pretty decent his first season but I was NOT happy with him being made captain.

Having a mediocre captain was the symbol of a mediocre Milan....

Hope better things come after this..

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Poor guy, didn’t know until last moment he wasn’t included in our plans.

No matter the way the guy performed, it’s no way to treat our former captain.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Hopeless after the first season & long overstayed his welcome

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

:cry::cry::cry:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i really don't understand the hate for him in this forum. he was a very useful player. maybe the hate rectified because of the armband or maybe the seedorf rumours(i did get angry when he said some things after seedorf was fired but maybe he was just following orders). guy had amazing first season(still remember how he almost single handedly dominated juve and barca midfielders). didn't complain when miha dropped him and did great to claim his spot back from de jong and had good season. twice got acl injury. people in this forum are lot more sympathetic to rossi and milik for the same thing but hate our own player for not being able to perform straight away after coming back. :fp: Milan lately(since berlusconi has gone senile) has been treating their player like shit and i don't like it at all.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Montolivo's time is long gone and its only logical to get rid of him. Should done it two-three years ago.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
i really don't understand the hate for him in this forum. he was a very useful player. maybe the hate rectified because of the armband or maybe the seedorf rumours(i did get angry when he said some things after seedorf was fired but maybe he was just following orders). guy had amazing first season(still remember how he almost single handedly dominated juve and barca midfielders). didn't complain when miha dropped him and did great to claim his spot back from de jong and had good season. twice got acl injury. people in this forum are lot more sympathetic to rossi and milik for the same thing but hate our own player for not being able to perform straight away after coming back. :fp: Milan lately(since berlusconi has gone senile) has been treating their player like shit and i don't like it at all.

Apparently it was not Gattuso who told him at the last minute that he was not going, but ‘the club manager’ whoever that is. Classless from Milan.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopeless after the first season & long overstayed his welcome

This is the reason people be disliking him.^

If he had any class himself he'd have renounced the captaincy right after being named since he must've realized fairly quickly that he were crumbling under pressure.

Any mentions of him ever 'dominating' or whatever is pure fantasy.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
That was really unclassy of us, he should've been told beforehand. Classy guy. He deserved better. No excuses.

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Good riddance, A mediocre player yet with awfully snobbish attitude, I remember he caused lots of problems in the locker room, not to mention his comments on Seedorf

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

while there's list of ppl who should not have worn the armband, this guy's on there tbh.

prolly not all the way up, but he's somewhere in there.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Who should’ve been the captain then back then?.. when the idea was to try kickstart a new project with a young core. Montolivo was the only one who had some experience and was still playing pretty well when we signed him.

Schedule