AC Milan Stadium || nuovostadiomilano.com

Which design should be selected for nuovostadiomilano?

• Total voters

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
The stadium sucked yesterday. :(

We should build a new one with 40-60 k seats.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:fp: we are Milan not Ladri or merda :mad:

So you want it to be only 40 k people at the games when San Siro is a 80 k+ stadium? It will be silent and look empty and if you rather want it to be like that rather then completely sold out with an amazing atmhosphere I dont know how you are thinking... :fp:

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
So you want it to be only 40 k people at the games when San Siro is a 80 k+ stadium? It will be silent and look empty and if you rather want it to be like that rather then completely sold out with an amazing atmhosphere I dont know how you are thinking... :fp:

No smarty, when our economy get healthier and our idiotic management open their mind and start thinking like professional club then you will see 65,000 as average for each home game.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Juve has seen average attendance rise since they built the new stadium, and even though it has less seats, they are going to make a ton of money on it, and the atmosphere is fantastic

Juve downsized from 67,000 seats to 41,000, I think us going from 80,000 seats to ~65,000 would probably be a great idea and we could design it in a way that the views are better and that creates a better and more exciting atmosphere. and we will make a lot of money in the long run

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Cut the TV Cable in Milano and everybody on the stadium.

They do this in the usa for american football. It hasn't made 1% difference in attendance.

If anything it hurts your appeal, as fans cannot see you.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
They do this in the usa for american football. It hasn't made 1% difference in attendance.

If anything it hurts your appeal, as fans cannot see you.

yup, blackouts solve nothing, just hurt your fans

a smaller stadium, more modern and better designed for improved viewing from the upper decks and more going on to enhance the fan experience is what is needed.

look at some of the modern NFL stadiums, like Lucas Oil Field in Indy and University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona (which is similar to the Veltins-Arena which Schalke play in)

both hold around 60-70k ppl and have good seats all over the house

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yup, blackouts solve nothing, just hurt your fans

a smaller stadium, more modern and better designed for improved viewing from the upper decks and more going on to enhance the fan experience is what is needed.

look at some of the modern NFL stadiums, like Lucas Oil Field in Indy and University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona (which is similar to the Veltins-Arena which Schalke play in)

both hold around 60-70k ppl and have good seats all over the house

I still maintain the pricing model of tickets is wrong. They are too expensive for bleh fixtures.

Fan's aren't as interested in paying the san siro prices to go watch milan v. chievo

it's not surprising we sell out big games and these games don't get sold. It's not complicated. The economics don't add up.

More dynamic pricing is what milan should do. Tickets to Inter games are a lot more than tickets to chievo for ex. It makes sense. You can't charge the same when the product on the field isn't the same.

Last edited:

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
I say build a stadium of 60k Seats.

First row is 7-8 Meters from the Field. Make the Crowd ON TOP of the field, very intimidating. Then have it slanted up at a very steep angle so Everyone has a good seat.

Make some nice shops and restaurants around it and use the stadium for concerts, etc.

Bingo done.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Juve has seen average attendance rise since they built the new stadium, and even though it has less seats, they are going to make a ton of money on it, and the atmosphere is fantastic

Juve downsized from 67,000 seats to 41,000, I think us going from 80,000 seats to ~65,000 would probably be a great idea and we could design it in a way that the views are better and that creates a better and more exciting atmosphere. and we will make a lot of money in the long run

We won't make a dime. Owner will make more in the long run, and then who's to say if they'll reinvest in the squad.

The best is to have the FANS buy the club. Then, have a council/committee of elected officials that then elects a guy like Galliani to run day to day operations and transfers etc. And, if Fans don't like it, they vote them out. Direct Democracy applied to Football Clubs.

This way if Milan's fans all put in $10-20, we could literally own the team, tell Berlu to F&k off, and implement this system quite easily.

In fact, all of life should be done in this way, but people are too lazy to put it into practice, and this is why we're manipulated from cradle to grave by the billionaires...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We won't make a dime. Owner will make more in the long run, and then who's to say if they'll reinvest in the squad.

The best is to have the FANS buy the club. Then, have a council/committee of elected officials that then elects a guy like Galliani to run day to day operations and transfers etc. And, if Fans don't like it, they vote them out. Direct Democracy applied to Football Clubs.

This way if Milan's fans all put in $10-20, we could literally own the team, tell Berlu to F&k off, and implement this system quite easily.

In fact, all of life should be done in this way, but people are too lazy to put it into practice, and this is why we're manipulated from cradle to grave by the billionaires...

This is how many clubs work in Brazil.

Every two years associates can choose democratically which group of millionaires will manipulate their club.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

Isn't that how Barca is run?

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes Barcelona is run like that, except their traded on the Stock Exchange and it's a way bigger, more complex system. I'm speaking of a Private Club owned by the fans. I understand Sven's point, but there could certainly be a way where the fans can own the club, and reinvest all of the money back into the club. It should not be run like a business for profit, but a system which is best for the club.

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And clubs bankrupt like that.
I'm not sure where would we be at Calciopoli or Juve. Inter could've had lost some serious money too, when latest accusations started

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And clubs bankrupt like that.
I'm not sure where would we be at Calciopoli or Juve. Inter could've had lost some serious money too, when latest accusations started

Listen, the whole World operates on a *Debt-Based System*. Everyone's bankrupt. No country is rich. They're all in serious Debt, based off of paper money printed out of thin air. Clubs like Chelsea, Man City, Milan, Barca, RM, & Man Utd are all "Bankrupt" What does that mean anymore? They still operate at huge losses and banks still give them loans. It's a very confusing system and quite sad if you ask me.

That's a separate conversation though that could take days. Bottom line is that there could be better ways IMO to run a club. Financially sustainable. There should never be "DEBT" as this word is an illusion.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Thanks. Atleast you understand it. :D:thumbsup:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
And so I heard, Valencia, one of the most debt crippled clubs, is pushing forward with plans for a new stadium of 75,000.

How the fuck, can we, AC Milan, not get a new stadium.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
And so I heard, Valencia, one of the most debt crippled clubs, is pushing forward with plans for a new stadium of 75,000.

How the fuck, can we, AC Milan, not get a new stadium.

they are in debt because they bought land for the new stadium before selling the old one. that's one of the reasons they had to sell their best players.

basically they have taken out a loan to complete construction which includes selling the mestalla to the bank.

valencia have no choice, we do, so we wont.

milan and inter will just play this game till morrati gets fed up and just buys his own stadium. we wont leave the san siro it's our stadium, our home.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Does anyone have pictures of the San Siro pre-1990 renovations?

Edit: Found something interesting: http://www.magliarossonera.it/Sansiro.html

San Siro through the ages.. Do read :)

photo45.jpg

photo33.jpg

cartolina5060.jpg

Sorry if already posted.. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
We cant leave the San Siro, its our home. It would be like if Maldini left in the 90s to play for Real Madrid, part of the Club would have gone with him. I do hope Inter leave tho as its so hard to attract investors and sponsers when you have a ground share.

Also I hope the plans go ahead to extend it ive heard the capacity could increase to over 90.000!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I am sick of the pitch .. i wont mind a new more comfortable and marketing stadium with similar shape ... love our hom ground but we need to move forward

forzamilansafc

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ronaldinhio, gattuso, pirlo, pato, inzaghi, kaka, maldini
We cant leave the San Siro, its our home. It would be like if Maldini left in the 90s to play for Real Madrid, part of the Club would have gone with him. I do hope Inter leave tho as its so hard to attract investors and sponsers when you have a ground share.

Also I hope the plans go ahead to extend it ive heard the capacity could increase to over 90.000!

Why would it need extending?

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Let Inter leave, buy the stadium from the city and then renovate it. Seriously if we do that, I would be really happy.

DiavoloEmpio

Beginner
Reaction score
In a drawer full of red and black panties
Fav. Players
Abate, Nocerino, Rivera, Gattuso, Maldini, Pirlo
I'm pretty sure the plan is that once Inter leave (most likely leaving in the next few years), that we are either going to buy out San Siro or as Barbara would prefer, get a new stadium.

As much as I love San Siro, I wouldn't be against it being progressively torn down and replaced. It is a big part of our history, but I would rather the club prosper than keep it. I have been to Juventus Stadium It is wonderful. I don't want San Siro replaced by one of those weird spaceship round stadiums. I think a stadium owned by the club will encourage more supporters to join us in the stands and make the atmosphere even more electrifying.

Rossonero

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaka, El Shaarawy
I think a re-vamped San Siro (nothing knocked down but maybe new seats, screens, paint etc) once Inter have left with all Milan touches (colours, logos, etc) would be amazing. To knock down San Siro would be a crime.