19. Jules Bianchi Marussia
20. Max Chilton Marussia
21. Giedo van der Garde Caterham
22. Romain Grosjean Lotus

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Renault unveil 2014 turbo engine 21 Jun 2013

Renault's Energy F1-2014 engine Renault's Energy F1-2014 engine Renault's Energy F1-2014 engine Rob White (GBR) Renault Sport, in the press conference. Formula One World Championship, Rd9, British Grand Prix, Practice, Silverstone, England, Friday, 6 July 2012

Renault have unveiled images and details of their 2014 Formula One engine. The 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged unit has been named Energy F1-2014 in deference to the added importance of energy recovery systems (ERS) in next year’s Formula One regulations.

In 2014 the current 2.4-litre V8 engines, which rev to a maximum of 18,000rpm, will be replaced by 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged power units revving to a maximum of 15,000rpm.

The new engines will produce around 600bhp, but that will be complemented by a powerful ERS producing around an additional 160bhp and dramatically increasing powertrain efficiency by harvesting energy dissipated as heat in the exhaust or brakes.

Whilst the maximum power of the new units will exceed the output of current V8 engines, fuel efficiency will be radically improved with Renault predicting that the new powerplants will use 35 percent less fuel than their predecessors - important as fuel will be limited to 100kg per race next season.

As expected, the sound of the new unit will also be different to its predecessor as Rob White, Renault’s deputy managing director (technical), explained: “The engines remain high-revving, ultra-high output competition engines. Fundamentally the engine noise will still be loud.

"It will wake you from sleep, and circuit neighbours will still complain. The engine noise is just a turbocharged noise rather than a normally-aspirated noise: you can just hear the turbo when the driver lifts off the throttle and the engine speed drops.

"I am sure some people will be nostalgic for the sound of engines from previous eras, including the preceding V8, but the sound of the new generation power units is just different. It’s like asking whether you like Motorhead or AC/DC. Ultimately it is a matter of personal taste. Both in concert are still pretty loud."

Renault will continue their world championship-winning relationship with Red Bull next season and the French firm will also replace Ferrari as engine suppliers to Toro Rosso. The two other teams Renault currently supply, Lotus and Caterham, have yet to officially confirm their 2014 engine plans.

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Finally Vettel retired. Been waiting for this moment all year.

Pirelli... :fp:

76b3671c-fa84-46c8-bdf4-b40f6ff0df69.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Schumacher is now in a coma (confirmed by most news channels and papers )

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Schumacher is now in a coma (confirmed by most news channels and papers )

hopefully a medically induced one. IIRC they did it with Massa after his crash - usually to make the swelling go down

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
hopefully a medically induced one. IIRC they did it with Massa after his crash - usually to make the swelling go down

yeah, that's what I think (no one reported if it is med induced or not)
I read he had cerebral hemorrhage so they might have induced him into a coma to avoid brain damage

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Rubinho-na-neve.jpg

vengeance is a horny bitch

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I can't believe I used to find this interesting. Must have to be very messed up as a kid.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Schumacher's medical reports stolen n offered for a price... Im curious as to wot they say abt this recovery prospects. Any1 else?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Jules Bianchi involved in a horrible accident in Suzuka. Not much info but a pretty grim atmosphere atm

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Finally! After nearly 2 years! Up yours Lewis you slimy little bitch!

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
German followed by Italian national anthem after almost a decade.. sounds good! :thumbsup:

Lewis and his tyre management woes once again :D

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Sums up me and most Ferrari fans :lol:

Ferrari-fans-be-like.jpg

I'm happy to see how fast the car is this year.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
:lol: true and same with Fernando when at Renault.. but afterall team > individuals ;)

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Woah I halfheartedly followed the first race but then thought this season was going to be another Mercedes borefest so I didn't follow the second. Pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup:

So the Ferrari is good? C'mon Kimi!

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Woah I halfheartedly followed the first race but then thought this season was going to be another Mercedes borefest so I didn't follow the second. Pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup:

So the Ferrari is good? C'mon Kimi!

Kimi recovered from a puncture to finish 4th which is actually a pretty big achievement. Hope he can be more reliable and place on the podium (and beat Vettel preferably).

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not F1 but... incredible

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Jules Bianchi passed away.

Ugly crash, but I really thought he'd survive it.