Lionel Messi Thread

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
Overrated not the best ever whatsoever. Zidane,R9,Pele and Maradona are better than him.
Put him in the period when Zidane,R9,Figo etc were playing im sure he would not have won a Ballon d'Or.

Fiero

Reaction score
Hi choker. I'm sorry I mean the 'best player in history'. :lol:

Thanks for the pen! :thumbsup:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
:lol: at every dumb shit calling him the best in history.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Given his record against Chelsea, I knew there was a good chance that he will miss that penalty. Far from the best player in history let alone in the last 20 years.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Royston Drenthe: "I played against Messi many times and we always have problems with each other"

Royston Drenthe: "You know what bothers me so? That tone with which Messi always calls me 'negro, negro'"

Royston Drenthe: "I understand that negro in South America is very common, but we can not stand it. "

via @101greatgoals

Whoa whoa whoa. Has Messi just been Suarezed?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
finally! something even mildly controversial about this super boring guy! :tongue:

VultureNut

Expiring Contract
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Vultures, Any free transfers, Fodder, Sub-par Fodder.
Drenthe playing anti-football provoked it. #Messiisinnocent

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
True story ...

sick-hamster1-300x225.jpg

images

strong-hamster-small.jpg

images

:proud::star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
holy shit this is something else :eek:

hands down the best player since zidane retired :eek: he will end up with best record :eek:

i dont like him but he is awesome

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
holy shit this is something else :eek:

hands down the best player since zidane retired :eek: he will end up with best record :eek:

i dont like him but he is awesome

+1

I dont care for him either. But cant deny he is by far the best player around and most likely will remain so for quite some time. Silly record tho considering they did not even play the close to the same amount of games.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Got to say, watching that video made me realize goalkeepers in Spain suck dick.

Got to point out also, Müller didn't have Xavi and Iniesta. (I'm not serious)

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Remarkable

Who is better Messi or Ronaldo Phenomeno?

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Remarkable

Who is better Messi or Ronaldo Phenomeno?

Ronaldo at the top of his game was better, Messi has/will achieve more. (except maybe a World Cup or world cup goals, who knows?)

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Just look at his first goal tonight, the defenders suck balls so bad, it's no wonder he can break all sorts of record.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Just look at his first goal tonight, the defenders suck balls so bad, it's no wonder he can break all sorts of record.

did you watch putzini's goal? :lol: at least messi had to use a burst of pace to get by them, putzini was pretty much invited to score on them :D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He scored at the same rate in Champions League.

And even for the "can only perform with Xaviniesta brigade", he also scored 12 in 9 games with Argentina.

I don't like the guy either, but it's stubbornness try to downplay him.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Ronaldo at the top of his game was better, Messi has/will achieve more. (except maybe a World Cup or world cup goals, who knows?)

Ronaldo was never as good as Messi currently is. Ronaldo has the World Cup, that's it... it's important in terms of legacy, but if you just look at how they play, then Messi is head and toes above Ronaldo. I think anyone who disagrees are looking through rose-tinted glasses.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto
I saw some interesting facts on Dr. Rossoneri on fb:

Muller scored his Germany goals in the course of winning the EURO's at 1972 .. while Messi scored 12 goals for Argentina in 2012, more than half of them (7 goals to be precise) were in friendly matches! 3 goals were against Brazil's Olympic team for God's
sake!

MULLER scored his 85 goals in 1972 while winning EURO's & Bundesliga .. He achieved the TOP scorer in that year for EURO, Bundesliga, & CL.

Messi needed 6 more matches to beat those 85 goals (those are extra 540 minutes!!!), while playing friendlies & achieving 2nd place in La Liga!

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Ronaldo was never as good as Messi currently is. Ronaldo has the World Cup, that's it... it's important in terms of legacy, but if you just look at how they play, then Messi is head and toes above Ronaldo. I think anyone who disagrees are looking through rose-tinted glasses.

Are you kidding? The way he tore through defenders like a hot knife through butter on a regular occasion? Getting the ball from deep and running past them... regularly... he used both feet as well and seemed to be psychic with the ball, it's kinda hard to put into words just how good he was. I still don't think Messi has reached his level for what he was capable of, he had more dimensions to his game than Messi in my opinion.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Are you kidding? The way he tore through defenders like a hot knife through butter on a regular occasion? Getting the ball from deep and running past them... regularly... he used both feet as well and seemed to be psychic with the ball, it's kinda hard to put into words just how good he was. I still don't think Messi has reached his level for what he was capable of, he had more dimensions to his game than Messi in my opinion.
i agree ronaldo at his peak was better than anything .. he toyed with italian defenders of 90s :eek: lol look at that list

but in messis career messi will achieve more then again thats all matter I guess

oh well other than world cup and number of goals in world cup :o

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll never see another player as exciting as ronaldo again

Messi is a gift. But Ronaldo made everyone dream

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Sounds more like Messi than Ronaldo in the two seasons where he wasn't fat or injured. Ronaldo was a great player, but mostly a great goal scorer. Messi combines the goal scoring ability of Ronaldo (Actually he's a greater goalscorer obviously), with the playmaking ability of Rui Costa... he basicly creates as many chances as some of the greatest 10's in the game. So I don't think there's any way your last sentence is true. Ronaldo was first and foremost a goalscorer... Messi is waaaaay more complete as a footballer.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sounds more like Messi than Ronaldo in the two seasons where he wasn't fat or injured. Ronaldo was a great player, but mostly a great goal scorer. Messi combines the goal scoring ability of Ronaldo (Actually he's a greater goalscorer obviously), with the playmaking ability of Rui Costa... he basicly creates as many chances as some of the greatest 10's in the game. So I don't think there's any way your last sentence is true. Ronaldo was first and foremost a goalscorer... Messi is waaaaay more complete as a footballer.

I guess my bias is down to this mindset:

I'll never see another player as exciting as ronaldo again

Messi is a gift. But Ronaldo made everyone dream

Couldn't have put it better myself. Your (Christian) rose tinted comment earlier is one to consider but I still think Ronaldo's talents were superior even if Messi can probably create more clear cut chances for teammates than Ronaldo could (more because he focusses on that and because Ronaldo was mostly employed as an out and out striker). Ronaldo could sprint and keep the ball in complete control (far better than Messi does) yet he looked so comfortable doing it, he was mesmerising, like Savicevic meets Usain Bolt. It's why everyone fell in love with Kaka - he had a similar (but nowhere near as effective) style of running at full speed through the heart of defences and unleashing a piledriver of a shot at the end.

Like Ashish said - if the likes of Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Cannavaro, Thuram etc had trouble with him... then yeah.

Last edited:

Schedule