Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
5-0. Napoli as good as inter ...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Overrated serie a getting the dose of europes best :lol:

fanboys need to look and see this is not 90s anymore. I enjoyed the pwnage so much, old . narrow minded italy didnt learn till now, what more humiliation they need

Change ffs we need better practice matches in the league :D

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Overrated serie a getting the dose of europes best :lol:

fanboys need to look and see this is not 90s anymore. I enjoyed the pwnage so much, old . narrow minded italy didnt learn till now, what more humiliation they need

Change ffs we need better practice matches in the league :D

TBH, I don't think anyone has overrated Italian football for years now. Inter's champions league two years ago was a total fluke, anyone could see that.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
TBH, I don't think anyone has overrated Italian football for years now. Inter's champions league two years ago was a total fluke, anyone could see that.

i am talking about fanboys

Inters cl was the most convincing i have seen for few years, it was methodical and very prepared, you can hate them as much you want but early goals and zanetti on messi and solid defense/maicon was not a fluke

manus/barcas cl of 2008/09 heck even milans 2007 was more fluke compared to inter if we dont see the calciopolli

but scandal was the sole reason they reached there but their campaign was solid dont know whether it was good bad or fugly

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
i am talking about fanboys

Inters cl was the most convincing i have seen for few years, it was methodical and very prepared, you can hate them as much you want but early goals and zanetti on messi and solid defense/maicon was not a fluke

manus/barcas cl of 2008/09 heck even milans 2007 was more fluke compared to inter if we dont see the calciopolli

but scandal was the sole reason they reached there but their campaign was solid dont know whether it was good bad or fugly

Yeah okay, I'm a Milan fan, but I can see Italian football is some levels below Spanish and English football (even German). They're a joy to watch, whereas games in Italy often are a snooze fest.

As for Inter's champions league, I got the feeling that the games against Chelsea and Barcelona could've gone the other way. Some dubious decisions from the referees and the friggin' early goals helped them on their way. But you ALWAYS have to have luck on your side to win a competition like that, and you make your own luck. I guess they deserved then. About Milan's 2007, apart from the Celtic games and the final, Milan was pretty convincing that year. Outplaying Man U and Bayern, not an easy task.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not only Barca aka "my beloved team" but also Real will cruise their way in the league.
Yeah, erm, not really my point, genius. Barcelona and Real will finish in the top two in Italy and England, I don't think anyone disputed that.

An aging Milan that got destroyed by a mediocre Tott cruised it for fuck sake.
Yeah, destroyed. Do you even read some of the shit you say? Tottenham played one half of attacking football over both legs, and were dominated in terms of possession quite comfortably (the second leg saw Milan with 70% possession at one point, which only slightly decreased by the end of the match).

Were Spurs forced to play their best defender in midfield? Did they have to deal with one of their best players picking up a knock prior to the game (Pato) and thus, making him unavailable from the start? First-choice goalkeeper injured before the 20-minute mark? Did Spurs start the game with their entire midfield out? But don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit argument and Serie A agenda.

The next time a team wins after three goal-line stops, a disallowed goal, being utterly dominated in possession and scoring the only goal of the tie on the counter after defending for the majority of the half, I'll be sure to remind you that they "destroyed" the opposition.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah okay, I'm a Milan fan, but I can see Italian football is some levels below Spanish and English football (even German). They're a joy to watch, whereas games in Italy often are a snooze fest.
Some levels below in terms of what? Finances? There's more money, on the whole, in Italian football than in Spain. Entertainment? Quality of football? Entertainment is subjective, I can find great entertainment in watching a brilliant defensive performance; others may not. Give me calcio and all its tactical endeavours over the mindless long ball, kick-and-rush football played by a bunch of alcoholics with no technical skill, but each to their own.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday reminded me of this:

:lol:

Napoli being forced to play barca on a flat surface where tiki taka works is unfair. Italian defense tactics only work on italian pitches full of craters made by meteor showers that slow the game down.

Fiero

Reaction score
Some levels below in terms of what? Finances? There's more money, on the whole, in Italian football than in Spain. Entertainment? Quality of football? Entertainment is subjective, I can find great entertainment in watching a brilliant defensive performance; others may not. Give me calcio and all its tactical endeavours over the mindless long ball, kick-and-rush football played by a bunch of alcoholics with no technical skill, but each to their own.

What you are saying applies to the year 2000. You are 11 years late my friend. Serie A is horse-shit and so is the NT. I love Italy and loath Barshitlona, but that is the sad reality.

Your use of big words and nice grammar, as flattering as it is, doesn't make your point stronger. But it does make you look smarter so kudos. Anyway, whichever way you put it, we are the strongest team in Serie A by a mile, yet we crashed out to Spurs in CL while losing 1-0 at home and being outplayed in the 1st half.

Ffs on paper Napoli are 2nd best team in Italy and they lost 5-0 to Barca B yet you are still arguing? Stop deluding yourself man.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
What you are saying applies to the year 2000. You are 11 years late my friend. Serie A is horse-shit and so is the NT. I love Italy and loath Barshitlona, but that is the sad reality.

Your use of big words and nice grammar, as flattering as it is, doesn't make your point stronger. But it does make you look smarter so kudos. Anyway, whichever way you put it, we are the strongest team in Serie A by a mile, yet we crashed out to Spurs in CL while losing 1-0 at home and being outplayed in the 1st half.

Ffs on paper Napoli are 2nd best team in Italy and they lost 5-0 to Barca B yet you are still arguing? Stop deluding yourself man.

We lost to Tottenham as a fluke, we dominated for 3/4s and were bad for 1/4 and they scored on a counter-attack and made 3 goalline clearances(counting Yepes) and we had a goal disallowed.

You use scores as almost foolproof evidence that Serie A and Italy is worse... but then what about that Friendly the other week? Italy beat Spain, so therefore Spain is worse than Italy, no?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

you have to be blind and biased as fuck to think that Serie A is still on the same level.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
:lol:

Some of you are really blind and hateful :lol:

Even though we dominated Ham you keep saying "It doesn´t matter how you put it they beat us!"

But when is said that Madrid won only once in last 4 games against us most of you go on shouting "They should destroy us!" "They played without CR!" "We won on a fluke!"

You can´t have it both ways. :fp:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Almost half of La Liga clubs remain without shirt sponsorship deals

By David Redshaw
Tuesday 23 August 2011

While Barcelona and Real Madrid continue to grow ever stronger in La Liga, with shirt sponsorship deals worth an estimated Є30m each per season, the rest of the clubs in arguably the world´s top league have to settle for what is left in an ever-diminishing market.

Villarreal and Valencia, in the Champions League, and Europa League contenders Atlético Madrid and Sevilla, are all without a shirt sponsor as the new league season approaches - the first time four of the strongest clubs in Spain have all failed to find a backer since sponsorship began. As Marca report, at the same time, the management of the four agree they are not going to give away sponsorship agreements and are unwilling for their players to wear publicity on their shirts for less than €3m-a-year.

Despite a spate of gaming companies having had their names emblazoned on shirts over the past few years, that the market is changing is borne out by the news that both Atlético Madrid and Sevilla have received €2.5m offers from dating agency Ashley Madison. Curiously enough the proposals included an additional €50,000 if a player was caught being unfaithful and another €150,000 if he admitted it - unsurprisingly they have not been accepted.

In Atlético´s case the club has earned around €7m over the last six seasons wearing the logo of motor company KIA, yet are now searching for a successor to invest at least €5m-a-year after the South Koreans decided not to renew their contract. Something similar has occurred at Villarreal, Valencia and Sevilla. The Yellow Submarine´s ´Aeroport Castelló´ insignia will not be seen on their shirts this season, leaving the club without a sponsor for the first time since it has been in the top flight, while Sevilla and Valencia shirts will also remain blank for the time being, although both clubs remain confident of €3.5m deals in the future.

The nine clubs besides Barca and Real Madrid that do charge for shirt sponsorship hardly reach €10m-a-season between them: Sporting Gijón, Levante and Real Sociedad count on finance from local government, while the rest have agreements ranging from the €2m Athletic Bilbao receive from the Petronor oil company to Chorizo Palacios´ €400,000 paid to Racing Santander every year.

An exception to the trend is at Málaga, where the club´s Qatari owner Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Al-Thani has opted to pay UNESCO for the honour of wearing their emblem in an agreement not dissimilar to that of Barcelona with UNICEF.

Clubs with shirt sponsorship deals:

Barcelona (Qatar Foundation): €30m

Real Madrid (bwin): €25m + €5m in add-ons

Athletic (Petronor): €2m

Sporting (Gijón/Asturias): €2m

Levante (Comunitat Valenciana): €1.5m

Real Sociedad (Guipuzkoa): €1.2m

Getafe (Burger King): €1m

Real Betis (CIRSA): €1m

Real Mallorca (Bet-at-home): €0.8m

Racing Santander (Chorizo Palacios): €0.4m

Granada (Caja Granada) not disclosed

Clubs without shirt sponsorship:

Valencia

Villarreal

Atlético Madrid

Sevilla

Málaga (UNESCO for four years paid by the club)

Real Zaragoza

Osasuna

Rayo Vallecano

Espanyol

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
How much do Milan earn from Fly Emirates?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I think around 15million euros a season.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yeah, it's around that.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think we have the biggest shirt sponsership deal in Italy (still shit compared to other big clubs)

I know Inter earns around 9m euros a season through their deal with Pirelli

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
How much do Milan earn from Fly Emirates?

The new shirt sponsorship with Fly Emirates will run until 2015 and is worth a guaranteed €12 million a season plus performance related bonuses. These can be worth a fair amount, as seen by the previous contract with Bwin, which generated €10.5 million most seasons, but was as high as €14.2 million in the year that Milan won the Champions League. In any case, the club’s sponsorship deals have been on the increase: up to 2006 Opel €9 million, 2006-2010 Bwin €10 million, 2010-2015 Fly Emirates €12 million.

Milan have enjoyed a long-term relationship with kit supplier Adidas. The current deal runs until 2017 and produces around €13 million a season. According to the supplier’s sales data, Milan sell between 400,000 and 600,000 shirts a season, which would put them in the top ten clubs worldwide and around the same level as Inter and Juventus, though the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United sell nearly three times as many.

Their €12 million shirt sponsorship deal is higher than Inter’s €9 million deal with Pirelli (and remember that the nerazzurri are the Champions League winners) and Juventus’ €8 million contract with Betclic (though this is only for the home shirt).

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/11/milans-age-of-austerity.html

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
Hopefully we get a bigger cut from Emirates after Arsenal's marketability drops. Unlikely though...

Fiero

Reaction score
We lost to Tottenham as a fluke, we dominated for 3/4s and were bad for 1/4 and they scored on a counter-attack and made 3 goalline clearances(counting Yepes) and we had a goal disallowed.

You use scores as almost foolproof evidence that Serie A and Italy is worse... but then what about that Friendly the other week? Italy beat Spain, so therefore Spain is worse than Italy, no?

Just because a team attacked doesn't neccessairly mean it was better. Spurs outwitted us and the Italian way too. At San Siro they attacked the fuck out of us in the 1st half but couldn't score, and in the 2nd they sat back as Allegri threw our men forward so eventually they scored on a counter. And the 2nd game, you know, they just needed 0-0 and we attacked like mad men so thry sat back and let us play. Sad to say it, but Uncle 'Arry outsmarted Allegri.

They fully deserved to go through as they were better over 180 mins.

And yes, Italy were better than Spain. In a friendly.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Which of my points are outdated, do elaborate. I can back my argument about there being more money in Serie A than La Liga with stats, if you want.

I am not persisting in delusion here, I'll be the first to admit that the league is nowhere near its previous level. Simply providing an alternative point of view to the monotonous criticisms targeted at Italy. Half of the armchair brigade on this forum has its tongue so far up Barcelona's ass, it's difficult to understand what they're doing on this forum.

In my time on here, I've noticed that half of the posters who "support" Milan don't watch much Italian football outside of the Milanese duo, and instead focus their attention on debating who'll finish in the top four in the Premier League or the goings-on in Spain. Just look at some of the comments in the Montolivo and Aquilani threads, for fuck's sake, it would be kind to say that even 20% of the posters who commented watched a full Juventus or Fiorentina game last season that didn't involve Milan.

Italian football is in dire need of reform, people don't realise what a huge difference progressions in stadium development will do for the league. The extra €100-150m that the likes of Bayern, Man United and Barcelona generate per season is largely down to matchday revenue, directly influenced by self-owned stadiums. Serie A won't return to its previous levels until, first and foremost, Milan and Juventus do. It's no use having a competitive league when your top teams can't make an impression in Europe.

And like I've stated before, Juventus will surpass Milan and Inter by some distance financially, and begin to earn close to Real, Bayern, Barcelona and United depending on whether they get back in the Champions League for good. Surely if "we are the strongest team in Serie A" and you factor in the squad's strength, you have to consider how understrength we were against Tottenham? It was less than two years ago that Liverpool lost to a side that finished 11th in Serie A both home and away, are we going to use it as a measure of the strength of both leagues at the time too?

Secondly, we didn't field our strongest team in last year's Gamper either, neither did we have Zlatan and Robinho while Barcelona had the privilege of playing their best player. They didn't come close to dominating the game like they do others, I don't need to remind you of the scoreline either. And like the poster above highlighted, should we make assumptions about Spain's quality because of their continuous friendly defeats to Portugal, Argentina and Italy? Is a weakened Napoli's dominant performance against Villarreal last season irrelevant when judging their true quality?

Also, I don't intend to give further credibility to my point with "big words" at all, nor do I sit behind my computer screen thinking of ways to appear smart on a football message board, but I'll take the compliment. I know those with reading disabilities will complain about the wall of text, but I've done my best to present my point of view with utmost clarity here. Feel free to disagree, but my fingers refuse to go any further at the moment.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see jube simply making more than double(real madrid and barcelona make x2) their current revenue simply because of a new stadium, the stadium is going to help them, but not to an extent where they would rival the top 4 clubs in terms of revenue.

Last edited:

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see jube simply making more than double(real madrid and barcelona make x2) their current revenue simply because of a new stadium, the stadium is going to help them, but not to an extent where they would rival the top 4 clubs in terms of revenue.
I agree, I don't think the stadium alone will catapult them to the top. But the return of Champions League broadcasting revenue + the self-owned stadium + commercial revenue that includes shops and restaurants around the stadium + more lucrative sponsorship deals as a result of being a major European force again, and yeah, it's realistic for them to challenge the big four. Barca and especially Real may be a little out of reach for the time being, but Bayern and Man Utd made less than €150m more than Juve, and they had the advantage of Champions League football.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Just because a team attacked doesn't neccessairly mean it was better. Spurs outwitted us and the Italian way too. At San Siro they attacked the fuck out of us in the 1st half but couldn't score, and in the 2nd they sat back as Allegri threw our men forward so eventually they scored on a counter. And the 2nd game, you know, they just needed 0-0 and we attacked like mad men so thry sat back and let us play. Sad to say it, but Uncle 'Arry outsmarted Allegri.

They fully deserved to go through as they were better over 180 mins.

And yes, Italy were better than Spain. In a friendly.

There was no out-smarting of any sort which 'Arry performed.

In the return leg, we were better in every way (remember that the likes of Man Utd had struggled tremendously at White Hart Lane last season) and were just unlucky to not win.

In the home fixture, we were either too complacent or were feeling the pinch of missing so many players.

I don't think any sort of generalizations can be made from the Spurs matches. That was not the same Milan side which was super-solid for most part of last season.

And Serie A still has top-notch quality if tactical football is what you like. No other league can even compete because no other league cares about tactics the way Serie A coaches do.

In terms of quality within the Serie A product (OK, first I'm assuming that you like the product that Serie A offers - tactical football with some rather talented players), it was at its worst in 2007 or 08 or so. Since 2009, I think there has been a steady improvement. The re-rise of teams like Napoli, Genoa and season-stealers like Udinese, Fiorentina are testaments to this.

At the end of the day, you like the league which has the kind of football you like. But the kind of football in Serie A is on an upward swing now after the lows of Calciopoli.

EDIT - So much about football. Financially, whatever The Bear has said is accurate. Serie A will trail unless sufficient infra investments are not made.

Last edited:

Fiero

Reaction score
To Bear - Sadly can't quote this long post, iPhone:

- I like you man. You are smart and respectable and it's a nice change to most people here.

- I do agree with you on most points like the Barshitlona dicksucking, PL wankfest, extreme level of idiocy by most members, desperate need of Serie A stadiums, and lack of enthusiasm for La Nazionale and Serie A in general from experts over here.

- You mentioned Italy's tactics as a strong point for Serie A. This is where I disagree. Look at Napoli and how they collapse vs any continental team. Noy referring to yesterday's friendly but in general like last year's EL. Look at Roma hiring an incompetent Barca B shitbag to try and copy the Catalan cunts' football. Or Juve with last year's 4-4-2 Delneri or this year's 4-2-4 Conte. My point is most tactical rennovations are coming from Barshit or Mou and Italians are either copying or stuck in mediocricity. And any club that attempts to succeed has to sell of its best players ala Udinese. Udine, Genoa, Fascist Laziale cunts, and Cesena have nice projects going on, but compared to the restt of the big leagues (ENG, ESP, GER) they are average and it shows when they meet in Europe. Plus the effect of retatarded impatient owners like Zampa, Cellino and Laurentis, with the lack of safety and shit facilities in stadiums, and decline of clubs like Fiorentina due to lack of funds. All that adds up to a very low quality Serie A. For the record, I'm a sucker for defensive tactics and I prefer it to crazy attacking football, but what we see in Italy nowadays isn't defensive tactics, it's pure shit football.

I'm enjoying this convo (it's rare to find someone to discuss footbqll with here) and I couldn't get into details or write properly cos of fucking phone. But I hope we could discuss this (or any football matter) further. And btw, I did mean the big words thing as a compliment, so glad you took it as one.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To Bear - Sadly can't quote this long post, iPhone:

- I like you man. You are smart and respectable and it's a nice change to most people here.

- I do agree with you on most points like the Barshitlona dicksucking, PL wankfest, extreme level of idiocy by most members, desperate need of Serie A stadiums, and lack of enthusiasm for La Nazionale and Serie A in general from experts over here.

- You mentioned Italy's tactics as a strong point for Serie A. This is where I disagree. Look at Napoli and how they collapse vs any continental team. Noy referring to yesterday's friendly but in general like last year's EL. Look at Roma hiring an incompetent Barca B shitbag to try and copy the Catalan cunts' football. Or Juve with last year's 4-4-2 Delneri or this year's 4-2-4 Conte. My point is most tactical rennovations are coming from Barshit or Mou and Italians are either copying or stuck in mediocricity. And any club that attempts to succeed has to sell of its best players ala Udinese. Udine, Genoa, Fascist Laziale cunts, and Cesena have nice projects going on, but compared to the restt of the big leagues (ENG, ESP, GER) they are average and it shows when they meet in Europe. Plus the effect of retatarded impatient owners like Zampa, Cellino and Laurentis, with the lack of safety and shit facilities in stadiums, and decline of clubs like Fiorentina due to lack of funds. All that adds up to a very low quality Serie A. For the record, I'm a sucker for defensive tactics and I prefer it to crazy attacking football, but what we see in Italy nowadays isn't defensive tactics, it's pure shit football.

I'm enjoying this convo (it's rare to find someone to discuss footbqll with here) and I couldn't get into details or write properly cos of fucking phone. But I hope we could discuss this (or any football matter) further. And btw, I did mean the big words thing as a compliment, so glad you took it as one.
Fair point, and it is refreshing to have a discussion with a poster who isn't a Barca-fawning parasite and resorts to pathetic insults like "fanboy" and "groupie", which degenerates most arguments into meaningless ad hominem drivel.

But anyway, I think what you highlight is definitely a cause for decline: Capello, Lippi, Trapattoni, Ancelotti simply don't manage Italian clubs anymore, so the burden falls with a lot of inexperienced, young coaches, who are seldom in the right environment to express their qualities because of trigger-happy presidents. But if we're talking tactical diversity? No league in Europe used as many different formations as Serie A last season, but the level of tactical knowledge that Italian coaches possess becomes ineffective in Europe quite often, where Serie A teams have regularly been the victims of catenaccio.

"Udine, Genoa, Fascist Laziale cunts, and Cesena have nice projects going on, but compared to the restt of the big leagues (ENG, ESP, GER) they are average and it shows when they meet in Europe" - how often do the mid-table teams of Italy, Spain and England meet though? Last Anglo-Italian knockout stage tie I remember in the UEFA Cup/Europa is Udinese-Tottenham two years ago, which ended 2-0 to Di Natale and co. Oh, and there was Juve-Fulham too, but that was such an amusing episode that I won't even bother justifying their defeat.

I think what Serie A performances in Europe indicate is that they've been inconsistently shit in the last few years. Using 2006 as the cut-off point (worldwide criticism, scandal, "Italian football in crisis"...) then Milan, Inter, Juventus, Roma and Fiorentina have since beaten the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Real and Barcelona, and not only once too. The inconsistent "shit-ness" (for want of a better word) lies in the defeats sandwiched between those victories - i.e. Spurs, Schalke, the 7-1, scoring zero goals in the Anglo-Italian ties one season etc etc.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I'm definitely not talking about finances but just footballing ability. Like Fiero said, tactical Italian brilliance is from the past. Face it, the days that teams like Vicenza, Lazio or Parma (just some random examples of "lesser" teams who got far in Europe) could do somehing in the UEFA league or Cup Winners Cup is LONG gone my friend. Only Milan and Inter can mean something in Europe (max. quarter finals), the rest of the teams are pure sh*t. Napoli is a joke, look at last years Europa League, same goes for Palermo, Lazio and all the other teams. Even Juve has become ridiculous. Italian teams don't inspire fear in the other teams like they used to do anymore, on the contrary, foreign fans and journalists mock Italian football (and maybe rightly so).

The big teams in the big leagues are superior to the two big clubs in Italy, no denying the fact, calling the likes of Barcelona, Real, Man U, Chelsea etc. divers, cheaters, arrogant f*cks doens't change the fact they are superior to Milan. Milan COULD beat them, but the could more easily beat Milan.

And the teams progressing in the Europa League are smaller Spanish, German and Portuguese teams, Italian teams don't have what it takes, and I loathe the bullsh*t argument coaches often use of: "Serie A is more important". They just aren't good enough. Deal with it.

But I agree with you on some level. I will always prefer Italian football, it gets to me. I couldn't give a sh*t about the "Clasico" (Oh what a name :lol:) or Arsenal-Tottenham or any other idiot derby in the world. But if I see a Milan-Inter or Roma-Lazio the world stops for 90 minutes and I enjoy every second of the game. But I'm not blind that I don't see the difference in quality...

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't have to deal with it, because I'm not denying it. You're using the Europa League to support your point about Italian teams being "some levels behind" the other top European leagues, when Premier League teams haven't done much better in the competition either.

Serie A is more important from a financial point of view, the distribution of money in the Europa League is absolutely peanuts. Most of the Italian teams who can realistically qualify for the competition make more money from television rights by winning a few league games than going all the way in the Europa.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
22:30 Real Madrid - Galatasaray

Nuri Sahin to make his debut tonight for RM.