Official Hockey thread (NHL, NCAA, etc.)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
3-3 in the second...Bulis with a hattrick....BEAST!

duce

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, Toni, Di Canio
fuck....I'm so pissed about that. Canada had to defend their title. Oh well, I wasnt too keen on the players selected anyways...No Phaneuf or Staal???

Cuore, your a habs fan? Fuck the habs..LEAFS ALL THE WAY!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
:eek:

Tonight's Eastern Conference semis Game 7, Boston Bruins went out to a 3-0 lead over the Philly Flyers - final score Flyers 4-3 Bruins.
The Bruins had also went out to a 3-0 series lead over the Flyers - Flyers came back as well to win the series 4-3.

In all my 36+ years, I don't recall seeing a bigger choke job than the one the Bruins did tonight and this series. Bruins fans must be beside themselves.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
This made me think why I switched from hockey to football. Hockey is so much more my game. Physical, faster, fights and all that. Not as taactical in my view. I'm probably just a bandwagoner or the time difference took a hold of me.

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yap. My list of team sports:
1)football
2)bball
3)hockey

And did anyone here watched Winter Classic yesterday? That kind of matches never bore me. And both of Sid the Kid and Alexander the Great did nothing special.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yap. My list of team sports:
1)football
2)bball
3)hockey

And did anyone here watched Winter Classic yesterday? That kind of matches never bore me. And both of Sid the Kid and Alexander the Great did nothing special.
Was about to but since they changed the time and I was too wasted then. I'm thinking I might like the 24/7 series more than the games.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
For me its :

1. Football
  2. Basket ball
  3. MMA
Angry Canadians with no teeth hitting a puck,doesn't really seem all that interesting to me.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Angry Canadians with no teeth hitting a puck,doesn't really seem all that interesting to me.

Wat Canadians?
file37915403_2c63428.jpg

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NHL playoffs starts today

Someone is going to watch the games?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Certainly not a die-hard hockey fan by any means but I enjoy the NHL playoffs... GO WINGS!

I'm not a die hard fan either. TBH, I only watch cause it's at a very good time for me and there's no quality football to watch.

And I like the Wings too. :thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NHL playoffs starts today

Someone is going to watch the games?

Terrible timezone for Europeans. Probably won't see any games during the week. I gloryhunt with Rangers! :tongue:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
excellent time to start watching this sport again

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watched half of the Wings defeat against Predators. Kinda unfortunate, but not a good game by Wings at all.

Also watched a bit of the Canucks game... It looked very heated and very physical.

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score
Watched half of the Wings defeat against Predators. Kinda unfortunate, but not a good game by Wings at all.

Also watched a bit of the Canucks game... It looked very heated and very physical.

Yeah I was disappointed myself. Howard couldn't do much about NSH's first 2 goals...DET picked up the pace in the 3rd but it was all for not. I hope the refs swallow their whistles from here on out. 14 PPs in a matchup between the 2 least penalized teams in the NHL is mind-boggling...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I was disappointed myself. Howard couldn't do much about NSH's first 2 goals...DET picked up the pace in the 3rd but it was all for not. I hope the refs swallow their whistles from here on out. 14 PPs in a matchup between the 2 least penalized teams in the NHL is mind-boggling...

Refs did the same in Vancouver... I hope it's not their standard in the playoffs. Wings did just fine in the power plays though, the penalty killing was great. I tought it would be a problem.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Darren Helm is out the rest of the playoffs....:(

Wings will still win it!!! DETROIT REPRESENT.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Red Wings is the Milan of NHL.:o

Can't say I'm a fan anymore but I used to be obsessed with Detroit and NHL in the 90's up until mid 00's, but most of my favorite players have retired since then. Yzerman:proud: Fedorov:proud:Shanahan:proud:Hasek:proud: Lidström is still there though.:proud: I think I'm slowly getting my passion for hockey back. Sucks about the time zone though.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't say I'm a fan anymore but I used to be obsessed with Detroit and NHL in the 90's up until mid 00's, but most of my favorite players have retired since then. Yzerman:proud: Fedorov:proud:Shanahan:proud:Hasek:proud: Lidström is still there though.:proud: I think I'm slowly getting my passion for hockey back. Sucks about the time zone though.

I used to watch NHL a lot at end of the 90's too... The reason why I like Detroit ever since, they were awesome. Yzerman was my favourite too. I was too young, but I remember when he scored that 2nd OT the Blues and also the "bloodbath" against Colorado :lol: Hockey was way harder back them.

Lidström is 41 now and still class...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I used to watch NHL a lot at end of the 90's too... The reason why I like Detroit ever since, they were awesome. Yzerman was my favourite too. I was too young, but I remember when he scored that 2nd OT the Blues and also the "bloodbath" against Colorado :lol: Hockey was way harder back them.

*nostalgia*

Lidström is the Maldini of hockey.:o

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score

97ykn5

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1 minute of play and Bertuzzi fought Weber... How surprising.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
I'm a Flyers fan myself, so far they lead their playoff series with their rivals the Penguins by 2-0, both wins coming from behind, the first winning 4-3 after losing 3-0, and the second winning 8-5 after it went Pit 2-0 Phi, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, 5-4 then the Flyers got four in a row without reply, Claude Giroux amassing six points with a hat trick and 3 assists, one of the best games of hockey I've ever seen.