EL Round of 16 - Arsenal vs AC Milan 2nd leg 15/03/2018 21:05 CET

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Has this turned into an Arsenal forum while I wasn't paying attention?!

This is a Romagnoli forum

It will always be that way

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
If Gattuso wants to win, Montolivo and Silva need to start this game. Biglia should be nowhere near the starting line up. In fact, Milan needs to play 4-4-2. I dont want to see calhanoglu or biglia anywhere near the starting 11

---------------Kalinic - Silva------------
Bonaventura - Montolivo - Kessie - Suso
---RR - Rom - Bonucci - Zapata/Borini---

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
If Gattuso wants to win, Montolivo and Silva need to start this game. Biglia should be nowhere near the starting line up. In fact, Milan needs to play 4-4-2. I dont want to see calhanoglu or biglia anywhere near the starting 11

agree with monto, should give him a chance this time, last game biglia was horrible
but if you want to play attacking football no way we can use zapata or borini RB, idc how many times calabria will be destroyed but we simply cant attack without calab on RB, last game was a good example, have to take the risk

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

tenor.gif

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I didn't think Borini was that bad at RB tbh lol

Not bad at the position itself but didn't mesh as well with Suso as Calabria did going forward. Start difference between Suso before and after Calabria entered the pitch. If we want to win here, we'll need Suso on his A game.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
1:0 or 2:1 win will be fine.

honestly i don't give a shit about this game, i want them to get out of EL and get focus on league, we have much more realistic chance to get in top 4 now then winning in LE.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not bad at the position itself but didn't mesh as well with Suso as Calabria did going forward. Start difference between Suso before and after Calabria entered the pitch. If we want to win here, we'll need Suso on his A game.

The opposite happened in the first leg against Arsenal. Calabria couldnt do shit, and Suso looked better once Borini got on the field and created an option for him.

SO I think if either one starts there, that's still going to be our weak link

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
it's not about napoli mentality, it's about reality that we still can't compete with some clubs in this phase of the competition, they're just better and more experienced than us and i don't have problem to admit it.

look at the arsenal, they outplayed us just because they have better, quickier and more tehnical midfielders... nothing more.

on the other hand there is waaay better chance for top 4 in league and CL which is of crucial importance for us, from every aspect.
and for that players need to stay healthy and rested.

i want them to win tomorrow but please, end with EL and let's focus on more important thing.

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
it's not about napoli mentality, it's about reality that we still can't compete with some clubs in this phase of the competition, they're just better and more experienced than us and i don't have problem to admit it.

look at the arsenal, they outplayed us just because they have better, quickier and more tehnical midfielders... nothing more.

on the other hand there is waaay better chance for top 4 in league and CL which is of crucial importance for us, from every aspect.

i want them to win tomorrow but please, end with EL and let's focus on more important thing.

You are right if we would have been every other club in the world.

But this is MILAN the winners spirit that guides us is what makes milan great.
Never give up, fight to the last second spit blood if needed the fans are behind pushing forward!
If we lose so be it! Milan are always about giving 100% every game!

(What are they teaching at schools nowadays?:fp:)

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
why would anyone want to get out of the competition :lol:

of course go for the win.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The opposite happened in the first leg against Arsenal. Calabria couldnt do shit, and Suso looked better once Borini got on the field and created an option for him.

SO I think if either one starts there, that's still going to be our weak link

Calabria did look starstruck versus Arsenal but I think his knee did bother him quite a bit during the game. If I'd had to choose, I'd pick Calabria over Borini as a starter.

why would anyone want to get out of the competition :lol:

of course go for the win.

Too much ingestion of soy leads to beta mentality :o

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
even if we're not gonna make it

I want to see us fight for it until the end

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So no Calabria then as he is injured. Looks like its Borini for RB. That's not great news

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think i read somewhere Rino tried Zapata at RB in training

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So no Calabria then as he is injured. Looks like its Borini for RB. That's not great news

That's great news.
Calabria is a huge reason why we fell apart in defense. He isn't ready for this type of matches.

Borini will be motivated as feck to perform against an EPL team.
He will probably suck in the offensive phase, but we need to play much more defensive comparing to what we did at San Siro.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i really dont mind borini as a RB.. especially when the other option is zaputa :)

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's great news.
Calabria is a huge reason why we fell apart in defense. He isn't ready for this type of matches.

Borini will be motivated as feck to perform against an EPL team.
He will probably suck in the offensive phase, but we need to play much more defensive comparing to what we did at San Siro.

Calabria actually has some really good performances defensively this year. I think it was less a matter of defensive skill and more a matter of being a bit overwhelmed by the bright lights of the big(well, medium, it's EL after all) stage. But yeah, Calabria or Borinho, I have belief in both :heart:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Most of what you're saying is sensible/pragmatic...but the best team doesn't always win and for this alone we should TRY!!!
Coming back from 2-0 down is not insurmountable at all (We're Milan we should know this ;):lol: ) ......but yeah Arsenal has the better squad but there's no telling what could happen.

You are right if we would have been every other club in the world.

But this is MILAN the winners spirit that guides us is what makes milan great.
Never give up, fight to the last second spit blood if needed the fans are behind pushing forward!
If we lose so be it! Milan are always about giving 100% every game!

(What are they teaching at schools nowadays?:fp:)
:thumbsup:

Re Bold: Gender is a social construct, masculinity is toxic and whites are privileged :proud:

Thankfully Gattuso denies all of this stuff :o Otherwise he would have told Cutrone to get a partner of unspecified gender :lol:

even if we're not gonna make it

I want to see us fight for it until the end

Forza!
Pls do a Spurs / Man United

https://youtu.be/rPlLu5KZtck

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i swear gattuso read the commodina

Andre Silva almost certain to start against Arsenal in a 4-4-2. Not decided yet on who will start along with him between Kalinic and Cutrone. Bonaventura is heading towards the bench as Calhanoglu seems likely to occupy the left midfield spot with Suso on the right. [Sky Italia]

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
2 strikers :b:

But why even consider Kalinic?

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
But it REALLY sucks about Calabria. Could have been a game changer tomorrow.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Calabria could have come in handy if he has a good game. Decent attacking threat.

Borini did nothing whatsoever on this weekend against Genoa and really limited our play

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Calabria could have come in handy if he has a good game. Decent attacking threat.

Borini did nothing whatsoever on this weekend against Genoa and really limited our play

Abate is shit, and Zapata/Borini aren't even real RBs. Regardless if he has a bad game or not, he was our only logical option.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
i swear gattuso read the commodina

Andre Silva almost certain to start against Arsenal in a 4-4-2. Not decided yet on who will start along with him between Kalinic and Cutrone. Bonaventura is heading towards the bench as Calhanoglu seems likely to occupy the left midfield spot with Suso on the right. [Sky Italia]

:D:D:D

bonna on the bench yes

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Classic 442
Interesting

IMVHO, as long as Gattuso field 4 def, we'd be fine

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi