Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Everybody lucky today, you know what that means to us

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Fucking nazio

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
We need 6-0 win to send a message.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Torino sporting director said Arsenal has bid 65 million euros for belotti. Makes no sense and if wenger heard this, he would have heart attack by those numbers. Seriously is he any good and what type of player is he?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Torino sporting director said Arsenal has bid 65 million euros for belotti. Makes no sense and if wenger heard this, he would have heart attack by those numbers. Seriously is he any good and what type of player is he?

He is pretty damn hyped and any team in serie a would like to have him as their nr 1 striker except inter and juve. In terms of playing style he is a player that works hard and you will even see him make tackles in his teams own half. Plays as a lone striker as his hold up play is good. He has also decent pace and can shoot with both feet.

When that is said 65m is too much for him at this moment.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is pretty damn hyped and any team in serie a would like to have him as their nr 1 striker except inter and juve. In terms of playing style he is a player that works hard and you will even see him make tackles in his teams own half. Plays as a lone striker as his hold up play is good. He has also decent pace and can shoot with both feet.

When that is said 65m is too much for him at this moment.

hes always been known as a hard working old fashioned finisher, but the most impressive part is how hes improved technically. he almost scored an incredible overhead kick today and his link up play with flicks and passes is also very much improved.

but yeah that story is total bullshit, especially because torino would easily sell for 35m imo.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
hes always been known as a hard working old fashioned finisher, but the most impressive part is how hes improved technically. he almost scored an incredible overhead kick today and his link up play with flicks and passes is also very much improved.

but yeah that story is total bullshit, especially because torino would easily sell for 35m imo.

The story makes zero sense as striker is the last thing wenger is looking at. But the numbers are even sillier. I just dont see how a club like torino would turn down 65 million. But arsenal would never make 65 million for anyone. Even suarez who wanted to joing they didnt want to make more than 50 million

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Yea he is a modern striker and unlike bacca where you only notice him when he scores.

--
Their sporting director actually said that they rejected that 65m offer. Don't know what to believe

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The story makes zero sense as striker is the last thing wenger is looking at. But the numbers are even sillier. I just dont see how a club like torino would turn down 65 million. But arsenal would never make 65 million for anyone. Even suarez who wanted to joing they didnt want to make more than 50 million

I think Arsenal is only thing that doesn't make sense. If it was Man Utd or Chelsea I'd believe it.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think Arsenal is only thing that doesn't make sense. If it was Man Utd or Chelsea I'd believe it.

You believe Torino would turn down 65 million euros for him? You think there will be a bidding war where he will go for more?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You believe Torino would turn down 65 million euros for him? You think there will be a bidding war where he will go for more?

Good point, I think Torino would sell for 65 indeed.

(they did say his price is 100 tho, so maybe those nutcases would turn it down)

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good point, I think Torino would sell for 65 indeed.

(they did say his price is 100 tho, so maybe those nutcases would turn it down)

Reminds me off dybala and the nonsense his president used to say. No club of Torino size would turn anything close to that. The guy can break his leg next month and no one will look at him.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

No he is a 15 mil striker at best. He would struggle in epl.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
No he is a 15 mil striker at best. He would struggle in epl.

Would you guys stop with the EPL nonsense? They're only a little better than current Serie A and that is because they got shitloads of money and Serie A teams got a terrible management for the last 10 years.

A close-to-retirement Zlatan is top scorer. Juventus of 2 years ago would be champion by now, if it played in EPL.

Even Bojan Krkic is doing much better there than he did in Serie A and that guy is the epitome of fragility.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Atalanta better step up today.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Would you guys stop with the EPL nonsense? They're only a little better than current Serie A and that is because they got shitloads of money and Serie A teams got a terrible management for the last 10 years.

A close-to-retirement Zlatan is top scorer. Juventus of 2 years ago would be champion by now, if it played in EPL.

Even Bojan Krkic is doing much better there than he did in Serie A and that guy is the epitome of fragility.

Given his style of play, he wont be successful in epl. He just isnt suited to the epl game. He is alright in a slow tempo league. I am not saying that epl is better than serie a in terms of level of play but italian players generally dont do well in england. Vice versa with players from epl. Totally different setup and takes years to get acclimatized to the league and top clubs cannot afford to be patient. They expect immediate results.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Given his style of play, he wont be successful in epl. He just isnt suited to the epl game. He is alright in a slow tempo league. I am not saying that epl is better than serie a in terms of level of play but italian players generally dont do well in england. Vice versa with players from epl. Totally different setup and takes years to get acclimatized to the league and top clubs cannot afford to be patient. They expect immediate results.
I don't think you've seen Belotti play.

He is strong, fast, quick feet, good movement, clinical in front of goal. In short, he has all the attributes needed in a modern CF. I don't see how his style of play isn't suited to the PL. Even an average CF like Pelle was reasonably successful in the PL.

It could take him some time to adjust to a new environment. Also, it remains to be be seen whether he can handle the pressure of playing for a big club. But I think he would do well in England.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

He is strong, fast, quick feet, good movement, clinical in front of goal. In short, he has all the attributes needed in a modern CF. I don't see how his style of play isn't suited to the PL. Even an average CF like Pelle was reasonably successful in the PL.

It could take him some time to adjust to a new environment. Also, it remains to be be seen whether he can handle the pressure of playing for a big club. But I think he would do well in England.

In the PL there has been many players who had good spells like Pelle and Bojan. But both of them failed. Pelle after one season became benched and really poor and Bojan hasnt been a starter for stoke for a long time and is about to leave them for lack of playing time. Historically Italian players has struggled in England. its just not what they are used to.....In England you dont think when you play. You just run and play. This isnt natural for someone educated with Italian football.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pelle was good for one season. So was bojan. Look at both of them now. They got found at. Bad examples. They are simply not good enough and neither is belotti. He is far too overrated. He is decent at best. He relies too much on his physique and lacks the skill to hold up and link up play. Yes he has those tools mentioned above but it is not at an adequate level to perform well for top tier clubs.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as you are athletic and can be your man one on one you can score a decent amount in the premier league. The only adjustment whatsoever is the speed of play, players who don't think quick will suck. But belotti has everything to be awesome in the epl, the same league where an aging Defoe and Charlie Austin are usually toward the top of the scoring charts

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

Thats not a valid argument though. It pisses me off when PL fanboys say "but look at x, hes doing so well in Serie A, it MUST be a horrible league". Yet you guys do the exact same thing in reverse situations.

Each league has it's own characteristics and certain players thrive while others don't. It's also team specific IN that league.

Almost all the English players though are the epitome of average and overhyped. But the foreign talent in the PL is very much real and thats the main difference between the two leagues. Aguero, Silva, Coutihno, Ibra, Costa, Hazard etc. But it's not a massive discrepancy but one worth noting.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
In the PL there has been many players who had good spells like Pelle and Bojan. But both of them failed. Pelle after one season became benched and really poor and Bojan hasnt been a starter for stoke for a long time and is about to leave them for lack of playing time. Historically Italian players has struggled in England. its just not what they are used to.....In England you dont think when you play. You just run and play. This isnt natural for someone educated with Italian football.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Historically the PL has never been a popular destination for top Italian footballers. In recent years, we have seen average Italians like Borini, Aquilani, Zaza, etc move to England. De Rossi, Marchisio for example could've done well there.

The current bunch of young Italians seem very talented and I think players like Belotti, Bernardeschi, Romagnoli etc. could do well in the PL. I think Belotti going to Arsenal is very unlikely, but I'm sure Conte will sign some top Italian player if he stays in Chelsea for a few seasons.