Cristian Zapata Thread

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Is a very good choice as backup.

Too inconsistent to be fully relied upon as first choice.

Fully capable of monster performances, though.

Tbh, I think he's a big game player. When he needs to deputise in high pressure, he's excellent and contributes offensively too. It's when we're playing shitter teams that he misplaces passes and gets sent off.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
outstanding player to have as a 4th choice cb. The centre back position is the only area where we can compete with the best teams in the league. hope he and musacchio stay for next season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think Gattuso will also help him. The whole team has been playing much more confident when under pressure, especially the defensive players. Under Montella it was a disaster waiting to happen, whenever Dollar + defenders were passing at the back.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Zapata senza brain farts IS world class. I never understood why he had those brainfarts because he's actually a great defender who's a starter for his national team.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I mean his passing is fucking atrocious if it's anything more than straight across the backline, but as an actual defensive wall, he's very good.

And I mean he's scored against Barcelona and a 96th minute Zlatan-esque equaliser against Inter.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This guy way always like this for us. A real beast, possibly one of the best old school defenders (without ball playing skills), phisically dominant, until he decides to give a free goal away

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I mean his passing is fucking atrocious if it's anything more than straight across the backline, but as an actual defensive wall, he's very good.

And I mean he's scored against Barcelona and a 96th minute Zlatan-esque equaliser against Inter.

When

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Zaps goin to mother Russia

32670643_1926962017366258_5562166240992034816_n.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Probable lineup according to GDS

b48b47048b6eb823f410c2e4779bd53a.png

Didn't know he was injured. I thought he was being frozen out like Montolivo.

I like him as a fourth choice centreback: experienced, low wages, less brainfreezes than in the old days, but hope Rino doesn't see him as his actual first choice central defence pairing with Ale. That would be bad.

Should be Ale first on the team sheet with Caldara, Musacchio first sub, Zapata after that. Always.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Musa, but Zapata horror shows are easily forgotten it seems.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Especially since Zapata hasn't played in ages, his match sharpness could be pretty shit.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I think we all know Zapata pretty well at this stage being our joint second longest-serving player: impressive physical attributes, strong stopper, good in the air, occasional brainfreezes which have improved of late, and not that impressive with passing - definitely not a ball-playing defender.

Musacchio has some ball-playing skills. He messed up a bit during the Napoli game, but then again he wasn't used much at all last season especially after the 3 man defence was abandoned. I think he should be given an opportunity behind Caldara to impress. After all, Rino wants to build from the back so these type of defenders are essential. Imagine Zapata trying to play it out from the back!

I guess we'll see Rino's actual preference when Zapata is back from injury.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“I am dead tired [laughs], but I am happy for helping my team,”Zapata told MilanTV after the 3-1 win.“I always work to help my teammates and to get some playing time as it happened today. I always make myself available to the coach.

“Experience is always needed and I want to play a great campaign with these teammates. The derby [which will take place on October 21st at San Siro]? How can I forget that goal [the 2-2 equalizer in April 2017]! We have a few days more to prepare for this game but I am already thrilled.”

Speaking in the mixed-zone, the 32-year-old Colombian added:“I hope to be decisive again in the derby. We have to work in these days and wait for the national team players. There is motivation for this match. The defense [Zapata and Kessié made the mistake which led to Chievo’s goal]? It’s annoying to concede goals, we have to improve in this and take a step forward in every game.”

At fault for the goal but still nice to have a 4th choice with his experience. Doesn't complain about being on the bench either. Renewal pls for 1 year at 1-1.5m/year.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Zapata > Musacchio

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Musachio is the reason we couldn’t keep a clean sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Musachio is the reason we couldn’t keep a clean sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

romagnoli-pass-empoli.gif

romagnoli-owngoal-genoa.gif

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think he was played because of his distribution from the back, more important now when we don't have any regista.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
All of our coach bench musacchio vs udinese to play zapata :lol:

member when montella played zapata to cover the big duvan zapata ? :proud: he scored anyway on a zapata error

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
All of our coach bench musacchio vs udinese to play zapata :lol:

member when montella played zapata to cover the big duvan zapata ? :proud: he scored anyway on a zapata error

it was a family affair, cousins...stay out of it!

i think him and Mussachio are just stylistically different. one is not miles ahead of the other.

however his attibutes are more needed now than Musacchio's. and i'm talking "physicality"

after the inter game, i realized we have 9 out of 10 outfield starters are all "finnesse" players.
Only Kessie can Hold his own when the game gets nasty and physical.

and Udinese was quite physical as well. if we had started this game with our regular starters, i'm convinced we would have lost this game...WE ARE TOO SOFT!!!

so Zapata and Bakayoko were good insertions for this game.

and that should be taken in consideration for the winter mercato.
Bring at least 1 Physical/energetic player in the middle.
with more "finesse" players, we'll struggle

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
should start all games until caldara is ready

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Once again Mr. 100% concentrated coming to the rescue...............for Lazio.