Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be because he's training with Luke? :lol:

my prediction is that he's going to land a hail mary on DC and he's going to sleep, it won't be by being out boxed or outclassed.

if the fight lasts 5 rounds, it's DC all day every day..but I just feel he's going to land some wonder shot in the first 2 rounds.
"What's Luke gonna teach him? Luke can't beat me"

DC :proud: :lol:

also 100% true

yoel gonna TKO rocksalt

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Thought khabib lost to gleison iirc. Could have gone either way. Although gleison was juiced to the gills at the time and still couldnt stop khalabeeb.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thought khabib lost to gleison iirc. Could have gone either way. Although gleison was juiced to the gills at the time and still couldnt stop khalabeeb.

Gleison actually has similar game as Khabib, just not as fluid.

A good fighter, but definitely was juiced and seems like he’s a different fighter nowadays.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Finally, this has been way overdue. I have no issue with Conor making bank and having no motivation to fight but then he should've vacated way earlier.

I got Khabib for that fight. I just think he's too skilled and too strong to get caught by Tony in that fight. I also don't see him gassing. Looking forward to a dominating trademark GNP performance by Khabo.

Once he has the title, I could imagine he'd defend the title an absurd number of times. The division is strong but I feel the rest of the fighters are all a step behind Khabib. But that's early days, who knows, maybe Ferguson can pull an upset, he is still a very decent fighter.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For those who are interested in learning a bit more about fighting and the mechanics of it, Danaher breaks it down really well here. Danaher is the brains behind many great MMA fighters (GSP) and is behind the innovative leg lock system which is currently IN META for BJJ tournaments. He is very intelligent and articulates well, perhaps he can give you some new perspective on fighting.

Side note: Joe seems a bit out of his element here. Just goes to show there are different levels to understanding and approaching the fight game.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie curupira, I was trying to watch it when it was live and I couldn't stay interested because of how boring his tone is :lol:

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
For those who are interested in learning a bit more about fighting and the mechanics of it, Danaher breaks it down really well here. Danaher is the brains behind many great MMA fighters (GSP) and is behind the innovative leg lock system which is currently IN META for BJJ tournaments. He is very intelligent and articulates well, perhaps he can give you some new perspective on fighting.

Side note: Joe seems a bit out of his element here. Just goes to show there are different levels to understanding and approaching the fight game.

dont work

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie curupira, I was trying to watch it when it was live and I couldn't stay interested because of how boring his tone is :lol:

He does sound monotone and at some points, he talks like a prick. But the guy's understanding of the game is superb. He breaks down many interesting points regarding Conor vs. Khabib vs. Ferguson which people have most recently discussed about.

dont work

Not sure why the link changed...try this

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I am with stipe. My boy stipe via immigrant mentality.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Same, Stipe already faced some scary dudes with knockup power before. If it goes past 2 rounds it's basically all Stipe unless a hail marry lands.

Hope Volkan wins vs DC for some pretty penny but DC is one fucking tough guy.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DC is a legit beast. He is one of the GOAT's. He is clearly not on peds unlike jones. Give cormier a fair fight versus jones and i believe he would best him. I think age is catching up though. I really hope he beats volkan but i am not sure because he is definitely well past his prime. God forbid he pulls it off and then maybe a final superfight vs stipe or ngannou. Once he is done with the aforementioned two fights he can retire happily. I mean this would be my dream to watch as a fan. Dc in his hw frame at his prime would be more than capable of beating stipe and ngannou. Right now he appears to have lost way too much size but i hope he gains it back for one last special superfight should he beat volkan.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah I think he's favored clearly but I need the bet to pay :lol:

DC is definitely on of the best of all time, win or lose. Iirc he said he has no intention to go back to HW to fight Stipe or Ngannou, but he plans on being pretty active. I hope Jones can return before DC retires for a clean fight so DC doesn't have to think about what if's once he's done.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh yea haha. Well if volkan wins, i hope its by decision. Dont want dc to get ko'd or tko'd lol.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Ariel sticking it to Dana, good stuff. Dana White is fucking unbearable

I understand he's a promoter but the contradictions, throwing people under the bus unnecessarily & shit like this in the press conference, night and day with Scott Coker.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
who needs a ground game when you can get back up :lol: :proud:

el campeon del mundo cain velasquez solos both btw

just need cain to get his W vs werdum first

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another very sloppy fight.

It’s not a good look for HW division.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ngannou is obviously inexperienced.

The way he was throwing, if he doesn’t get the KO this was always going to happen

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
is ngannou too tired to get back up or is he resting? :lol:

Schedule