Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Welcome Daniele Massaro
has arrived at Soekarno Hatta Airport Jakarta Indonesia ...:)
Massaro was greeted enormously by Milanisti Indonesia. He even showed up and watched the Roma game (the tittle decider) with 200 Milanisti Indonesia members around 1.45 AM. I didn't come to the place but was told that he was very friendly. During half time, he went to the podium, took the bullhorn and said he wanted to record the crowd chanting with his iPhone.

The next day, I went to the place where the Milan Junior Camp selection took place and when he walked into the room, first thing he did was approaching the air conditioner and took off his jacket since the day was quite hot. He said he would never forget watching the Roma game because it was the 1st time he experienced Milan winning the scudetto when he's not in Italy.

Unlike when Baresi came last year, I wasn't able to take photos of me and Massaro together since there were like 300 Milanisiti Indonesia in the place and we only had 1 hour. Before he left, he once again lead the chanting. Truly amazing!

Some pics
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2525/dsc07488.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/500/dsc07494b.jpg

93/94 jersey signed by him
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3202/dsc07525a.jpg
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8574/dsc07526z.jpg

Closer look at the signature :D
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7552/dsc07523x.jpg

Other stuff signed
Book : http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5087/dsc07522w.jpg
Poster for me brother : http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1096/dsc07521u.jpg
His finest moment (will frame it) : http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5238/dsc07520c.jpg

Wednesday morning my daughter was born, Sunday morning Milan won the scudetto, Sunday afternoon I met Daniele Massaro. From my own personal point of view, it truly and surely can't get any better :proud: Will take something really super special to top this off :D

Let's see which Milan legend will come to Indonesia next year :)

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
FROM HERO TO ZERO AND BACK – THE RETURN OF ROBERTO DONADONI
Posted on Wednesday, 18th May 2011 by Jack Beresford

Last Sunday’s clash between AC Milan and Cagliari proved to be a poignant one for Diavolo manager Massimiliano Allegri. Just over a year ago, the 43 year old was surprisingly sacked by the Islanders in a move that ultimately paved the way for his move to Milan and a first title in nearly eight years for the Rossoneri.

But whilst many plaudits have fallen at the feet of Allegri they have arguably been matched by those directed to his opposite number Roberto Donadoni.
Back in November, a 1-0 loss to Genoa saw Cagliari drop to 17th with many forecasting relegation after the team picked up a meagre eleven points from their opening twelve fixtures. Out went manager Pierpaolo Bisoli and in came Donadoni with a simple mission: avoid relegation.

Yet from day one, it was clear that Donadoni was looking to implement some of the never say die spirit that saw him win three European and five Scudetti as a player with Milan.

“I prefer to think of the future and not the past,” he explained at a press conference. “You learn from mistakes just as you learn from victories. I have the right spirit and will to coach Cagliari.”

It was that spirit saw Donadoni emerge as a coach with huge promise at the start of the millennium.

An early spell with Serie C side Lecco was enough to convince Livorno owner Aldo Spinelli of his talents with the 47 year old promptly snapped up in 2002. A successful first season then saw Donadoni recruited by sleeping giants Genoa. And though his time with Il Grifone proved short lived, a quick return to Livorno in 2004 brought the ex-Milan man his first taste of the managerial success.

Returning to the club mid season, Donadoni guided an already struggling Amaranto side to an highly impressive ninth place finish in Serie A.

The 2005-2006 season was proving similarly successful with Livorno reaching as high as sixth before disputes with owner Spinelli proved too much with Donadoni leaving the club. What followed proved to be the making and breaking of Donadoni the manager as the former Azzurri favourite took the reins of the national side.

In truth, it was a poison chalice to begin with. The World Cup winning team of 2006 was an ageing one in dire need of revamping before Euro 2008. Yet in the wake of Marcelo Lippi’s surprise success in Germany, Donadoni faced an uphill battle, particularly with the media who criticised his every change.

An opening draw with Lithuania and a friendly defeat to France saw La Nazione produce the headline “How to reduce Lippi’s masterwork to pieces in just three weeks.”

Nevertheless, Donadoni’s team emerged ahead of France and Scotland to top a tough qualifying group.

The finals themselves proved an uneven affair. A heavy loss to Holland was following by a shaky draw with Romania before a 2-0 win over France secured a quarter final berth.

But in a forgettable encounter with eventual winner Spain, the Azzurri lost out in a penalty shoot out.

Despite the loss though, Donadoni remained bullish. “Resigning? It doesn’t even enter my mind,” he explained in a press conference.
“A missed penalty does not make me change my views on our performances in this tournament. I’m not stupid,” he added.

In a further act that defines Donadoni as both player and coach, the 47 year old went as far as to refuse the Italian Football Federations compensation package in the wake of his sacking.

“I’m not interested in the economic side of things. If I’m no longer the coach for him, I’ll go without asking for anything,” said Donadoni in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Yet for all his honour, Donadoni was to experience yet more difficulties in his next job with Napoli.

Appointed manager in March 2009, he was to last only eight months in the role after a loss to Roma saw fans and players alike rally against the manager’s tactics.

With Walter Mazzarri named as his replacement, the Sky Blues would go on to enjoy better days – but so would their former coach.

Sometimes a manager is simply not the right fit for a role. Whilst this may have been the case for Donadoni at Napoli, Cagliari has proven a very different story. In truth, Donadoni’s success this campaign has come in building a side that is not afraid to attack, rather than simply adopting the traditionally defensive tactics employed by many in the lower reaches of the Serie A table. It’s a policy which has seen them concede some 50 goals (the fifth worst record in the league) but on the flip side score a lot more as demonstrated in their 5-1 home win over Roma earlier in the year.

Donadoni has done well to maintain the teams momentum too, particularly after losing top scorer Alessandro Matri to Juventus in January. Fortunately, the 47 year old coach was able to call on the pairing of Robert Acquafresca and Brazilian Nene.

Acquafresca was a loan signing from Genoa and at 23 years old with nine goals to his name, the club will undoubtedly been keen to hold onto the former Inter Milan trainee.

In midfield meanwhile, Donadoni is able to call on the experience of Daniele Conti. The midfielder is the clubs longest serving player and as captain continues to enjoy something of an Indian summer at the age of 32. Andrea Cossu meanwhile merits special mention with 12 assists and four goals for the Rossoblu.

Yet with much of the squad settled prior to the manager’s arrival, it’s Donadoni’s man management skills which have undoubtedly come into the spotlight.

A pre-season bust up with keeper Federico Marchetti saw the stopper frozen out of the team for demanding a transfer. Nine months later and under Donadoni’s stewardship, Marchetti is back in the side with talk of a move fast evaporating.

Donadoni though, remains modest in his abilities as a coach. ”I believe Bisoli (the previous manager) built something positive,” he once explained in interview “(his sacking) does not take away all the good things he has done at the club.”

Next Sunday sees Cagliari face off against Parma at home in the final game of the season.

Donadoni’s team may well be safe, but with a win offering them the chance to move above their opponents in the table, the manager winning spirit may just be a little bit too strong to ignore.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2011/05/from-hero-to-zero-and-back-%E2%80%93-the-return-of-roberto-donadoni/

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Massaro was greeted enormously by Milanisti Indonesia. He even showed up and watched the Roma game (the tittle decider) with 200 Milanisti Indonesia members around 1.45 AM. I didn't come to the place but was told that he was very friendly. During half time, he went to the podium, took the bullhorn and said he wanted to record the crowd chanting with his iPhone.

The next day, I went to the place where the Milan Junior Camp selection took place and when he walked into the room, first thing he did was approaching the air conditioner and took off his jacket since the day was quite hot. He said he would never forget watching the Roma game because it was the 1st time he experienced Milan winning the scudetto when he's not in Italy.

Unlike when Baresi came last year, I wasn't able to take photos of me and Massaro together since there were like 300 Milanisiti Indonesia in the place and we only had 1 hour. Before he left, he once again lead the chanting. Truly amazing!

Some pics
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2525/dsc07488.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/500/dsc07494b.jpg

93/94 jersey signed by him
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3202/dsc07525a.jpg
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8574/dsc07526z.jpg

Closer look at the signature :D
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7552/dsc07523x.jpg

Other stuff signed
Book : http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5087/dsc07522w.jpg
Poster for me brother : http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1096/dsc07521u.jpg
His finest moment (will frame it) : http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5238/dsc07520c.jpg

Wednesday morning my daughter was born, Sunday morning Milan won the scudetto, Sunday afternoon I met Daniele Massaro. From my own personal point of view, it truly and surely can't get any better :proud: Will take something really super special to top this off :D

Let's see which Milan legend will come to Indonesia next year :)
That's awesome! Congrats gaizka!

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FOR STEFANO AND WITH STEFANO

As part of the All for Stefano Borgonovo charity project, the Adidas Cup was presented in the Lombardy Regional headquarters today. The schedule of the tournament is as follows: Tuesday, 24 May 2011 at the San Siro, Thursday, May 26 at the Rigamonti Stadium of Brescia and Tuesday, May 31 at the Sinigaglia Stadium of Como.

Three locations, eight teams, €120,000 raised by Milan Foundation to support Stefano Borgonovo Foundation - all this with the help of the Region of Lombardy, who are covering the organisational costs of the tournament. All for Stefano Borgonovo is going to be a grand project as shown by the presentation ceremony held today at the Pirelli Hall of the Lombardy Regional headquarters.

Monica Rizzi, the Assessor for Sport and Health, said she was pleasantly surprised by the extent and quality of Milan Foundation’s activity, announcing that approval for a €60,000 donation to support fight against ALS. As for his part, Adriano Galliani offered his compliments to Chantal Borgonovo for the strength she has shown fighting against ALS with and to Milan’s Mauro Tavola for the great job done organising the tournament.

Luciano Bresciani, the Assessor for Health of the Region of Lombardy, Davide Boni, the President of the Regional Council of Lombardy, and Giorgio Puricelli, the Regional Councillor of Lombardy also spoke during the press conference.

As many as 100 over 35 former Serie A players will take part in the 8-a-side football tournament. The company-teams (whose shirts were unveiled today) participating in the Adidas Cup are Banca Mediolanum, Belcase Immobiliare, EA7, Infront, Milan Megastore, Nivea for Men, Stame Sinterizzati and Studio Tributario Internazionale. Atahotel Tanka Village Resort is also supporting the tournament. The matches will be broadcast by Sky and Milan Channel.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/134098

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
media in croatia are saying costacurta might become hajduk split new coach :facepalm:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BIG NAMES AT THE SAN SIRO TOMORROW EVENING

A great charity event to support the fight against ALS will take place at the San Siro tomorrow evening, starting at 20.45 CET, as four teams will play 8-a-side football as part of the All for Stefano Borgonovo project. Entrance is free. The participants include the likes of Massimiliano Allegri, Franco Baresi, Billy Costacurta, Paolo Di Canio, Nelson Dida, Giuseppe Favalli, Roberto Donadoni, Maurizio Ganz, Filippo Galli, Giovanni Galli, Paolo Maldini, Florin Raducioiu, Giuseppe Pancaro, Serginho, Marco Simone, Giovanni Stroppa, Mauro Tassotti, Christian Vieri.

Does this mean Paolo wont be in Ghana? :( Anyways motive remains the same, playing for a good cause. :)

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.siro per stefano borgonovo, 24 maggio 2011

sb4_big.jpg

sb11_big.jpg

sb7_big.jpg

sb9_big.jpg

sb10_big.jpg

sb13_big.jpg

sb1_big.jpg

sb2_big.jpg

Bobo retired? :eek::D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Massaro
GOLF3_big.jpg

GOLF9_big.jpg

Stefano Nava
GOLF10_big.jpg

Donadoni
GOLF6_big.jpg

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
don't suppose anyone saw the game did they?

I'd like to know how Allegri did :tongue:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lentini scored :D Paolo as RC & Bobo :proud:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bobo with hat-trick :) one of free-kick & huffing & puffing :lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MSC SAILS TO PALMA

The Rossoneri Cruise on the MSC Splendida saw Yepes and Jankulovski go through their training paces on Wednesday.

_MG_2903_grande1.jpg

_MG_2906ok_big.jpg

CSC_0008ok_big.jpg

TOM_8545ok_big.jpg

Day four abroad the MSC Splendida and Seedorf, Yepes, Jankulovski, Dida and Serginho have been keeping the holidaymakers entertained. Mario Yepes went through a training session with
Daniele Tognaccini. The Colombia international will remain on-board until Barcelona where he will transfer to a flight to South American to continue his preparation for the Copa America.

Marek Jankulovski continued his rehabilitation programme which get kept him out of action for two months and both the Czech star and Yepes will be interviewed by Milan Channel for an special which will air on the channel next week.

A lot of fans gathered in the gym on-board the Splendida to see how the players train under the guidance of the Milan Lab while Doctor Avaldi carried out checks for food allegries. The cMilan Channel followed the matches on MSC Arena, on Deck 16, among children enrolled in the tournament organised by Milan Academy. Each team is named after a player on abroad.

In the stretch of sea between Sicily and the Balearic Islands, Milan will sail to Palma de Mallorca after skirting Tunisia. Great expectations for this evening, when at 19.30 today after the treasure hunt, participants will be able to have their photographs taken with the stars and the Championship Trophy on the AFT's Lounge Deck 7.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/134458

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Baresi and Massaro visit the Barca Museum

2011-06-10_VISITA_DELEGACION_AC_MILAN_MUSEU_FCB_001.jpg

2011-06-10_VISITA_DELEGACION_AC_MILAN_MUSEU_FCB_005.jpg

2011-06-10_VISITA_DELEGACION_AC_MILAN_MUSEU_FCB_013.jpg

2011-06-10_VISITA_DELEGACION_AC_MILAN_MUSEU_FCB_022.jpg

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
STARS SET FOR ADIDAS CUP FINAL TOMORROW AT GIUSSANO
The long wait for the final of the Adidas Cup-Everyone for Stefano Borgonovo is almost over and the final will take place tomorrow at 18.45

Four teams will be battling for the honours and a place on the podium. The final for third and fourth place will be between Infront and Studio Tributario, with Mauro Tassotti, Mario Bortolazzi, Maurizio Ganz, Filippo Galli, Federico Giunti all in action.

The final for first and second will be Mediolanum-Stame, with the former full of fomer Rossoneri stars i such as Nelson Dida, Angelo Carbone, Paolo Maldini, Diego Fuser, Gianluigi Lentini, Christian Vieri, Enzo Gambaro and Fabian Valtolina, while their opponents have former Serie A stars Micillo, Brevi, Cauet, Ferroni, Marcolin, Lombardo, Colacone and Pedone in their ranks.

However, the number one star will be Stefano Borgonovo, who will be present in the stadium where he kicked his first football.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/breaking_news_show/11281

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Gullit was fired today. Excess of partying at night.. and bad results from his team.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Gullit was fired today. Excess of partying at night.. and bad results from his team.

14th place out of 16 teams....pathetic:fp:
All Kadirov asked was a three points, just 3 points.
what a waste of time:fp::fp::fp:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
giu5_big.jpg

giu9_big.jpg

giu11_big.jpg

giu13_big.jpg

giu3_big.jpg

giu10_big.jpg

giu6_big.jpg

STAME WIN ON EVENING FOR STEFANO

The final of the adidas Cup-Everyone for Stefano Borgonovo, the former Milan striker took place at Giussano where Stame won 7-5.

giu71.jpg

It was a beautiful evening of sport. Above all, a night when many friends gathered to greet Stefano Borgonovo. When it comes to combat, the former Milan striker is always on the pitch and was there for the last leg Adidas Cup this year where the proceeds were donated entirely to the fight against ALS.

Stefano in his hometown Giussano where he pulled the first kick of the ball just before 9pm, accompanied by the omnipresent wife Chantal. Many team-mates from his career (some of whom, like Marco Nappi, came after a long car trip) went over to hug him, but also those - such as Christian Vieri - the only opponent he had faced while sharing with him the instinct for goals.

The presence of Stefano was the highlight of the evening as a large crowd gathered to lend their support to a worthy cause.

As for the football played, the evening kicked-off just before 7pm with the final for sixth place which Sky Milan Megastore won 7-6 on penalties against Belcase; then EA7 won 7-5 against Nivea for men in the match for fifth place. Third place went to Infront who overcame Studio Tributario 9-7 with Maurizio Ganz scoring six goals.

The main final saw Banca Mediolanum take on Stame Sinterizzati with the latter running out 7-5 winners. Dario Marcolin scored a hat-trick against the team that fielded Dida and Christian Vieri, to lift the trophy presented by A.C. Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/134545

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stefano Nava

gt3_big.jpg

Daniele Massaro

gt5_big.jpg

gt6_big.jpg

I hate Golf.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
What's up with DarioSimic now?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure Simic retired last year. I think he is a manager now or something.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cellino sacks Donadoni! :fp:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Helveg is an assistant coach at Odense(lost to Villarreal yesterday)
thumb.aspx

Schedule