Jeremy Menez Thread

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Robinho is also a second striker. And Robinho don't have to worry. Cassano leaves way more likely, because of Euro 2012. I don't see any reason for Robinho to leave Milan (who is preferred over Cassano anyway).

I actually would welcome a player with some serious pace. There have been games I wish we had someone like him. (Maybe Cassano will leave anyway, and that's why we are looking for someone, but I just don't know.)

I would say that Robinho is more of a winger then anything but maybe you are right

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Get Nasri then .. won't cost another 5-10 million more than Menez (since contract expires next year). And can actually play CAM.

There is a big question is Arsenal willing to sell him.

Nie

Reaction score
Can Menez play as left midfield in our 4-3-1-2 system?

ROSSONERI 4LIFE

Tu 6 tutta la mia vita
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, TSilva, Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Sheva, Pippo, Pato, Ibra, Ganso
^^Definitely no!!

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Lol, at some jizzing over Menez...

:lol:

The guy has constatnly bitched whenever he was on the bench for Roma this season, and the experts over here think that suddenly he will be alright being a bench player at Milan?

:fp:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Lol, at some jizzing over Menez...

:lol:

The guy has constatnly bitched whenever he was on the bench for Roma this season, and the experts over here think that suddenly he will be alright being a bench player at Milan?

:fp:

Was Robinho and Cassano very different from him when they first came here?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Was Robinho and Cassano very different from him when they first came here?

Is Milan a halfway house?

Should we offer to fix every nutcase out there?

And Robinho and Cassano werent primadonnas like Menez. Robi couldnt get used to England, and Cassano had sorted his shit out long before he arrived (dont let his bust up with that idiot Garrone make you believe otherwise)

And both of them are FAR SUPERIOR players than Menez...

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is Milan a halfway house?

Should we offer to fix every nutcase out there?

When they play like Robinho did. Why not? Robinho was one of our three best players in his first season with us, after his bitching in M.City for 2 seasons.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And you think Menez is on Robinho's level?

Yes, I think he's got the potential. Maybe he's not better than this seasons Robinho. But Menez was better when both of them were bitching. (Robi at M.City and Menez at Roma)

Maybe i've got a crush on Menez but getting him for 10 milion euros is a fucking steal in the daylight as someone said earlier in the forum. I've watched many Roma games when he played and sometimes he played behind the strikers but he always had an intention to drive the attack from the right wing. (Like Robinho loves to attack from the left side, or like Ronaldinho, or like Messi that wants to attack from the right side) If he can play CAM and being able to get him for 10 milions and saying no to that, that would be a stupid move from Galliani. But knowing Galliani he wont say NO to that. I prefer Menez over Lamela.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pottential is the most commonly used overrated word in the forum.

If someone shows some skill once in a while he got "potential" to be world class even if he is 24/25.

Messi, Ronaldinho and even Robinho are light years ahead of Menez in terms of "actual ability/skill". Not "pottential".

Even Robinho captains his NT and before his bad stint in City was a bonifide superstar in Santos and was a part of the Madrid team that won 2 league titles (playing vital role in both the years).

Is Mexes Milan starting 11 quality when we have Ibra,Pato, Robinho and Cassano in the team ? No. He will be our 4th/5th best attacker (depending on Cassano's fitness level, commitment). But even Cassano as a football player is way better.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti

If someone shows some skill once in a while he got "potential" to be world class even if he is 24/25.

Messi, Ronaldinho and even Robinho are light years ahead of Menez in terms of "actual ability/skill". Not "pottential".

Even Robinho captains his NT and before his bad stint in City was a bonifide superstar in Santos and was a part of the Madrid team that won 2 league titles (playing vital role in both the years).

Is Mexes Milan starting 11 quality when we have Ibra,Pato, Robinho and Cassano in the team ? No. He will be our 4th/5th best attacker (depending on Cassano's fitness level, commitment). But even Cassano as a football player is way better.

WTF :fp:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

People here are so fickle. They see a couple of good moves from a player and hail him as the next coming of christ....

It says a lot about a player's quality when his OWN team's fans dont rate him much. Believe it or not, Roma fans are completely indifferent to Menez staying or going (they would rather he leave). Whether it is acceptable or not, there is a reason why his car got stoned by the Roma fans, because he was playing shit and acting like he was Zizou. Most Roma fans think that Menez is another case of yet another player who got overhyped due to a few decent performances rather than failing to reach his potential. His previous season was poor, and this season was nothing better (even when he was getting a decent run in the team). Regardless of what your circumstances are, there is no excuse to having so worse stats (even Robinho played far better despite not wanting to stay at City)

Ajacied

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco van Basten, Clarence Seedorf, Paolo Maldini, Rino Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato
We don't need this guy.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Classic milan buying players who played well against them:proud::fp: most recent being flamini:fp::fp:

AlexT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva, Nesta, Maldini, Fabregas, Rui Costa, SES
Classic milan buying players who played well against them:proud::fp: most recent being flamini:fp::fp:

lol I know, right?

Let's sign Cesc. He did play well against us, after all. :cool: He has a big flaw, though: he doesn't have a terrible personality. :lol:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
He has the tools /fertygo :o

people talking about "30 apps two goals/assists, no thanks" clearly didn't watch SA this season ....he was always a threat in his early games ,but inconsistent playing time stunted his progress to perform throughout the season ..

..those who watched Roma would notice that as soon as the coach was looking for another tactical option Menez is the first player to give way irrespective of his match performance ..most cases was when Roma decided to close up shop ...(unless there was a card /injury)

examples of these situations :

Napoli Vs Roma (score at the time of subst.0-0)

46' Brighi for Menez (score at the end 2-0 :fp:)

Roma vs Cesena (0-0)

65' Taddei for Menez (0-0 :rolleyes:) Most irritating sub ever

Roma vs Bologna (2-0)

69' Simplicio for Menez (2-2 :fp:)

Brescia Vs Roma (1-0)

46' Adriano for Menez (2-1)

Lazio Vs Roma (0-0)

40' Greco for Menez (0-2)

and so on and so forth

he was always the expendable for the coach ...and considering his ability you can see why the frustration eventually took its toll ..

another thing about the "30 apps" he only played 195min more than Pato ...he has played a bit part role for the better part of his stay in the Capital ...players like him need consistent GT to produce weekly ,a confidence player if you will

up until the Milan game ...out of the possible 1350min he could have played, he played 825 sporadic minutes and only one of those was a complete game

Throughout the season: 1788 of 3420 = 52%

He has the talent to play as CAM Imo ...pace,agility,quick feet and technically capable ,he is your ideal/perfect modern day treq...no slow brainer too

Roma thought this too and tried to play him there :

http://i.imgur.com/I2FMa.png

Ofc he isn't totaly absolved of all blame ,but he was IMO one of their brighter players in the begining of the season .

The form that Totti and Vucinic (add to that Juan and DDR being out of sorts) were in the begining of the season was poor......the latter was replaced ,but Totti being Totti placed himself in the team irrespective of their poor results...i'd say Mexes and Menez were probably consistently playing at an acceptable level...Then you could still factor in the disruption of the takeover talks,Ranieri running out of ideas etc etc

I'm pretty confident that given the trust and gametime he could flourish

Just a lil:
http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/2078063/allegri-wink-o.gif
+
http://footballforums.com/blogs/mar...irlo-clarence-seedorf-796209_biglandscape.jpg

and lastly :

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2206/39749928.png

:proud: G :lol: (just wanted to post that again)

and If the 10 mil figure turns out to be true it will be a great ...no the greatest......no the best....

just another :g: signing :cool:/cheesy ending

only thing ...he doesn't match the claims of ..."haven't played him this season"
scratch_head.gif
Are there anny stats about dribbles? I would guess he's second after Sanchez in Serie A.

Good player to run at opposition. But as many here I don't see the need for him. I remember reading his quote a'la 'I need the coach's confidence'(read: I need to be pampered like a baby) and I don't see him even as a granted starter. But whatevs, if Max wants him; B has the chequa and G will fly to talk the offer down I'm fine with this.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
He has the tools /fertygo :o

Holy shiet, just saw this:lol:

You're right though, I dunno he's good enough or not, overrated or not. But there is time before first half break of this season he's completely on beast mode n so dominant, I'm still remember I have talk with MilanMB on game thread about Menez will raep antonini :lol:

And after that, Taddei back to starting line-up :fp:

And I dunno what happened to him again.

I really rate him after that period... and feel this guy can balling.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Holy shiet, just saw this:lol:

You're right though, I dunno he's good enough or not, overrated or not. But there is time before first half break of this season he's completely on beast mode n so dominant, I'm still remember I have talk with MilanMB on game thread about Menez will raep antonini :lol:

And after that, Taddei back to starting line-up :fp:

And I dunno what happened to him again.

I really rate him after that period... and feel this guy can balling.

Who the fuck DIDNT rape Antonini this season?

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Who the fuck DIDNT rape Antonini this season?

That's the friggin point of that discussion :fp:

Guy just created something like this in about a month before that match

And that crazy assist vs muenchen too. (can't found it on youtube)

And we have antonini mark him :fp:

and shit really happen.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
That goal where he scissored past the keeper was the best.. + his arrogant celebration after it, loved that.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The cockiness is a big reason why this looks like a typical Allegri signing, if it happens.

Zlatan, Boateng, MvB, and possibly this guy.. (Even Robinho - although he has mellowed down to a family cocky version).. Allegri seems to love such players.

Ajacied

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco van Basten, Clarence Seedorf, Paolo Maldini, Rino Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato
Time to sign Balo then.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
The cockiness is a big reason why this looks like a typical Allegri signing, if it happens.

Zlatan, Boateng, MvB, and possibly this guy.. (Even Robinho - although he has mellowed down to a family cocky version).. Allegri seems to love such players.
Me2.
Riquelme & Guti were my favorites. Goddamn lazy & arrogant but those killer passes.. dear god :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Time to sign Balo then.

Thin but clear line between cockiness and stupidity. :D

Me2.
Riquelme & Guti were my favorites. Goddamn lazy & arrogant but those killer passes.. dear god :D

Yes, both of them were geniuses. Unfortunately couldnt give a damn towards anything.