1/16 - USA (1) vs. Ghana (2), AET - June 26th

Who will make the quarterfinals?

• Total voters

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
buddle deserved time. He's been in awesome form and every game he's been good.

i undertsand bradley's desire to play dempsey donovan in midfield. Ultimately usa has had best reuslts that way....

but he's paid to be new pirlo....

Lol that's even worse. And Brocchi used to replace Pirlo too.

Flamini should be Milan's new "I'll bench for everyone in the mid because I don't have balls to be the new Gattuso/Ambrosini neither skilled to be the new Pirlo/Seedorf".

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he was! But he subbed him for Maurice Edu who is similar player. It's like subbing gattuso for ambrosini or gilberto silva for josue. It's a wasted sub as he should have started Edu...

What shocked me was sub in general I would have brought Feilhaber (creative CM.... i love benny TBH. Only ball playing american CM. no wonder he was born in Brazil) and then when goal was gained brought Edu but you see what im saying

I thought that Maurice Edu was kind of an american Essien, being Bradley an american Lampard and Clark an american Makelele, if you know what I mean.

Maybe Bob saw something that we don't. I just didn't think that he should take off Onyewuo because of a game under the expects.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Racism IMO is just another tool that has been used over and over, throughout time, by the powers that be, to keep the masses brainwashed + separated ... separated in order to not realize and unite against the real issues and dangers that we face as a people. Nothing more, nothing less ... IMO

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
but he's paid to be new pirlo....

*random FAIL! picture*

I hope ManShitty or so tries to buy him... I won't miss him. (So that we buy one or more new midfielders ofcurz.)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
ah yes. I didn't watch game twice already..... Dive it strong my friend. He wasn't untouched like torres :proud:. I saw no dive and i slow mo'd it more than once....

again you offered no dempsey dive. Just an unwarranted claim. I love dempsey, i know his limitations, he's not amazing... but he's not a diver.
Then watch it again ... Dempsey punching the floor as though he's broken a leg during the PK. Acting in the truest Latin/Portuguese/Spanish sense :proud:
Excellent vid ezekiel!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Then watch it again ... Dempsey punching the floor as though he's broken a leg during the PK. Acting in the truest Latin/Portuguese/Spanish sense :proud:

LOL! Are you seriously saying it WASNT a pk? He moved ball wonderfully and defender got no part of it. That was a pk that would make kaka proud ;)

I thought that Maurice Edu was kind of an american Essien, being Bradley an american Lampard and Clark an american Makelele, if you know what I mean.

Maybe Bob saw something that we don't. I just didn't think that he should take off Onyewuo because of a game under the expects.

nah. They are all 'essien's' if you will....

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Nah ... it was a penalty. Dempsey's acting just made sure it was. Btw it wasn't the first time he went down in the box moaning and punching the ground - don't know why his cheatin ass didn't get booked :rolleyes:

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
Nah ... it was a penalty. Dempsey's acting just made sure it was. Btw it wasn't the first time he went down in the box moaning and punching the ground - don't know why his cheatin ass didn't get booked :rolleyes:

You've lost perspective with your anti-Americanism. That rates as probably the 286th most blatant dive in the tournament. And its hard to call it a dive when it IS a penalty. Not to mention he clearly punched the ground with a fist pump to celebrate the penalty.... poor example my zingaro friend

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
by the way, I did see a dive from Altidore today (keep in mind, EVERY SINGLE TEAM has had a dive this tournament. Is it even cheating anymore? A shame that it seems even more prevalent than ever before).

You just look like an idiot for picking Dempsey out. The man is the least likely to dive. I'm glad you're the only clown who thinks this, or else I would think I'm losing my mind.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

So has the WC helped "Soccer" in the US? I wouldn't be against having the 2018 WC there tbh. Seems like it's got a bit of momentum so having a WC will really help.

Obviously this is assuming the WC won't come to England.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
The U.S. soccer team is going home, ejected from the World Cup by Ghana, which slammed American hope into reality and in an instant silenced our national roar.
--http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_15386398

thnk u thnk u come again.

kwame.jpg

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players

So has the WC helped "Soccer" in the US? I wouldn't be against having the 2018 WC there tbh. Seems like it's got a bit of momentum so having a WC will really help.

Those who latched on after the Algeria match are mostly lost. Of course there will be a few hangers-on (like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I know quite a few people who were enthralled by the Istanbul final and are now massive Liverpool supporters)

The core group of big football fans will slowly grow, but not necessarily from the World Cup. It's growing because the generation that is starting to come of age is the first one to really follow European football. It will grow on college campuses and in urban America, regardless of what the World Cup has done.

World Cup IN the US would be the next big step towards significant growth. I think it would be massive this time around.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
On flip side, i knew gus ike Asamoah were good, but honestly.... ghana is REALLY good.
I told you Ghana was good. Seriously they have talent, geez, even with their best player out, their performance today (bar let's say the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and the last few minutes when they did a wonderful time wasting-I can't blame them for that-) was incredible. They have to be more careful with the fouls and marking, easily could've gotten a red card at the start of the 2nd half, and they did lots of fouls near the area (and there was one inside the area before the pk that the ref didn't call, but that could've been a pk). But everything else was :star: worthy.

Agree on the Ricardo Clark being a wasted sub, don't understand why he started. Also, not sure why Jozy was subbed, cause the minute he was, they lost all presence going forward, sure his finish was terrible, but seriously the man at least brought lots of danger in the zone.

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score

Its never gonna help when you can make more money playing basketball or baseball.
for example: kobe makes around 30 mill a year usd. not including sponsors
highest paid soccer player in the mls gets around 900,000 a year
(Landon donovan)

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A WC in USA would be nice. Their production (money) make it worth.

I liked the Atlanta Olympics closing cerimony.

I'm NOT gay!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Eh, aren't the best attendances records for a WC for 1994? The thing is that I don't think FIFA will like to keep the WC out of Europe for so long, and that TV schedules issue again (players bitched about it back in 86 and 94 that they had to play at noon on summer, just cause that's prime time for Europe). And I also don't think they'll keep the WC in America for 2 tournaments in a row. But the US has modern stadiums (not much investment needed), with lots of capacities, there won't be trouble keeping the stadiums full, per se it's a country that doesn't need much investment to bring that much people to an event.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
After getting some bad news from my sis, this game was about the last thing on my mind. Disappointed by the loss, but I'm still proud of them.

Congrats to Ghana, btw. The one I was impressed with was Kingson, he was a brick wall today.

Oh for the ones drunk on American haterade...I wish I had something of wit to say or some cutsy pic or youtube vid to post, but right now...my give a fuck is busted! Sorry charlies, maybe next time. ;)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
thought he was a douche before. But scoring against usa doesnt help, and his celebration... runnning to TV. Grow up. Made some dirty challenges too

oh and his dice tatoo makes me wanna punch him. Sweeeet Tatoo Bra! Want a shot of jaegar too!?

kZ1tW.jpg

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Ghana was playing very well,deserved the victory.I won receiving moreover,dared before the executive committee that way I bet that 8 are the best ones they get in between it.:cool:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
After getting some bad news from my sis, this game was about the last thing on my mind. Disappointed by the loss, but I'm still proud of them.

Congrats to Ghana, btw. The one I was impressed with was Kingson, he was a brick wall today.

Oh for the ones drunk on American haterade...I wish I had something of wit to say or some cutsy pic or youtube vid to post, but right now...my give a fuck is busted! Sorry charlies, maybe next time. ;)

exactly. You knw what im sad we lost but i can give respevct where respect is due.

congrats ghana. africa needs this.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I told you Ghana was good. Seriously they have talent, geez, even with their best player out, their performance today (bar let's say the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and the last few minutes when they did a wonderful time wasting-I can't blame them for that-) was incredible. They have to be more careful with the fouls and marking, easily could've gotten a red card at the start of the 2nd half, and they did lots of fouls near the area (and there was one inside the area before the pk that the ref didn't call, but that could've been a pk). But everything else was :star: worthy.

Agree on the Ricardo Clark being a wasted sub, don't understand why he started. Also, not sure why Jozy was subbed, cause the minute he was, they lost all presence going forward, sure his finish was terrible, but seriously the man at least brought lots of danger in the zone.

i never said ghana was bad lol. They outplayed us for whole match. Kudos. I just think its interesting a bunch of players defined by europe as defensive mids r so creative...... clearly as athletic blach Cms they must be DMs right ;)

@ the usa video for landon. I love it. I can see bartenders i know personally. It just makes me happy. And kudos to usa for making that moment possible. Love it. You did well.... if we had 11 clint dempseys we'd move on, but adly, we dont...... THERES ONLY ONNNNEEE CLINT DEMPSEY~ CLINT DEMPSETY CINELT PDEMSPWEY!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
gotta ay this..... ghanan owned us. but as bad as it was.... i'll always wondr. If bob bradley went w/ maurice edu over clark. What would hav hapnened

WHY.... WHY WHY ! did u start clark???? especially after last 2 games... grr

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Again ppl hating on players for actions that are not a big deal.
Does anyone even mentioning DDR's ? No coz he is Italian.
Dempsey caught my eye this wc & I think he is 27 & for sure is > than 90% of our midfield in the rotten Milan & for sure dives less than our captain or rotten Pippo + it was a 100% penalty.
The hypocrite criticism of the diving players that we hate while looking the other way when its about someone we like is becoming hilarious.
Blasting Torres for over falling is amazing by the way.
One dive that caused a dirty player a red card should be considered justice/favor.
Estrada stepped on Torres foot & the latter over reacted , there was a foul.
Estrada doesnt even deserve to be called a player since he was only trying to hurt other players.
Diving is bad but playing dirty is much more worse.
So rather than talking about Brazilians + Spanish diving in their match against Ivorian + Chilean gangs how about shutting the fuck up & condemn playing dirty.
Also how about stopping being a hypocrite cry baby & condemn all divers including the nation of divers , Italy.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty wack blasting dempsey (who i hate) 4 diving while youre a fan of abrozzini and pippo.

Im so happy for ghana:star:. Thanks for crashing out boooring soocer out of WC.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
You've lost perspective with your anti-Americanism. That rates as probably the 286th most blatant dive in the tournament. And its hard to call it a dive when it IS a penalty. Not to mention he clearly punched the ground with a fist pump to celebrate the penalty.... poor example my zingaro friend
Oh yes ... celebrating that his 10th dive of the night in the box gained him a penalty. Is that the face of celebration? One of excruciating pain? The guy's a diver ... no different to the Latin Americans, Portuguese and Spanish (in the words of your fellow american ... funny that you can point out certain groups of people, yet when THE USA are pointed out, its not morally correct :rolleyes: )... great actor that Dempsey is!
by the way, I did see a dive from Altidore today (keep in mind, EVERY SINGLE TEAM has had a dive this tournament. Is it even cheating anymore? A shame that it seems even more prevalent than ever before).

You just look like an idiot for picking Dempsey out. The man is the least likely to dive. I'm glad you're the only clown who thinks this, or else I would think I'm losing my mind.
Ah ... so you now see that Altidore dived? And yes, you are losing your mind since the US are OUT :(

Dempsey = most overrated footballer on these boards; Good riddance from RSA you POS!

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
You can be a fan of Ambro and Pippo while blasting Dempsey for exaggerating fouls. They all do it, it's just Dempsey seems to get a clean bill while doing it while Ambro and Pippo are slaughtered by everyone, despite Pippo doing the exact thing Dempsey does. Ambro dives for sure, Pippo and Dempsey exaggerate fouls. Don't let your Dempsey love get in the way of his cons.

Also, when Dempsey won the penalty, he clearly wasn't pucnhing the ground in celebration but in fake pain. He was still on the floor and couldn't have seen the penalty being awarded. Yet he was thumping on the floor. If Pippo did that, all of you would be going "Oh stupid fucking Pippo. Stop diving you ugly faced fuck. :mad: You're a disgrace, but only less than our damn captain. Ambro doesn't deserve to play football with his rampant diving."

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
You can be a fan of Ambro and Pippo while blasting Dempsey for exaggerating fouls. They all do it, it's just Dempsey seems to get a clean bill while doing it while Ambro and Pippo are slaughtered by everyone, despite Pippo doing the exact thing Dempsey does. Ambro dives for sure, Pippo and Dempsey exaggerate fouls. Don't let your Dempsey love get in the way of his cons.

Also, when Dempsey won the penalty, he clearly wasn't pucnhing the ground in celebration but in fake pain. He was still on the floor and couldn't have seen the penalty being awarded. Yet he was thumping on the floor. If Pippo did that, all of you would be going "Oh stupid fucking Pippo. Stop diving you ugly faced fuck. :mad: You're a disgrace, but only less than our damn captain. Ambro doesn't deserve to play football with his rampant diving."

+1

Common sense, yet they watch it on slow mo so know everything ... Forza pseudo knowledge :proud:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

False......
For me I hate all divers & the difference is that am consistent while our fans are selective.
I didnt defend Pippo , Ambro , Kaka , Gila , Dida when they do & for sure I wont do that when players from other teams do it like Drogba , CR7 , Messi , Ini do it.
A dive is a dive but judging a player bad coz he dives while saying Pippo is great is nothing less than pathetic.
While Dempsey had been fouled + there was penalty & while Torres's foot got a player stepping on em there is still big difference between over reacting & the penalty that DDr got when there was not even a foul to begin with.
Exaggerating fouls is less worse than exaggerating absolutely nothing.
So when I see losers keep bringing what Torres or Dempsey did while not even saying one thing about DDR coz they like him then I post to show how hypocrite they are specially for blasting a player who dive over a player who play dirty.
You are making it like me or others defend other divers while blasting our own which isnt the case.
Sheva + Kaka while with us were among my all time favorite & still while with us I never defended em for diving.
Dont buy into the hype from ppl who doesnt even watch the game unless u think its irrelevant.