Week 13: Milan - Napoli 23/11/19 18:00 CET

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milannapoli-696x450.jpg

Derby della crisis

Bennacer & Hakan suspended.

Castillejo expected to be back from the injury.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Donnaroma
Conti - Duarte - Romagnoli - Theo
Kessié/Paqueta - Biglia - Krunic
Suso - Leao/Piatek - Samu/Leao

Forza Milan

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Forza Milan

#RoadTo40Points

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Forza Milan!
No hope for this one though

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We won last season we'll win this season.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
We won last season we'll win this season.

We didnt win in Serie A.. huge difference with coppa italia

But yes. We won if that makes you feel better

I honestly cant memba last time we won vs Napoli in the league.. can only remember huge loses or draws

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We didnt win in Serie A.. huge difference with coppa italia

But yes. We won if that makes you feel better

I honestly cant memba last time we won vs Napoli in the league.. can only remember huge loses or draws

Why wouldn't a win make me feel better than lets say a loss?

Why is it a difference compared to Serie A? It was a imaginative version of Napoli we played against?

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
--------Leao--Piatek--Suso
----Krunic----Biglia----Paqueta
Theo--Romagnoli--Duarte--Conti
------------Donnarumma

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why wouldn't a win make me feel better than lets say a loss?

Why is it a difference compared to Serie A? It was a imaginative version of Napoli we played against?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Sensing a 3 at the back in this game.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Do i really have to explain why Playing serie a is different to playing coppa italia and to play in CL per say?

When we win in coppa italia its because we re da best hein but when we lose its because who cares about this useless cup.. we werent even fielding our starting XI kind of excuses

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Apparently if we lose this match, this will be the worst start ever in our history. When we were getting relegated, things started not this bad. Quite an accomplishment from these bunch of pussies.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently if we lose this match, this will be the worst start ever in our history. When we were getting relegated, things started not this bad. Quite an accomplishment from these bunch of pussies.
We must unlock this achievement!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Poli said that won't happen soon and Conti just played a man of the match game.

I think Pioli said that he won't change for now, but we now got a international break to prepare in and see our best options for this game. Not to mention that Pioli is full of surprises... nothing can really be excluded.

The only question is, right now, do we have defenders available for a 3 at the back? When we have them available, I'm thinking a defence of Musacchio - Caldara - Romagnoli, although Caldara might be a little bit rusty when he returns.

I liked Conti vs Juventus and thought he was the MOTM from his right-back position, but I feel he excels in a system where the team plays 3 at the back.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I hate international break :( Hopefully it gives the team an actual chance to train though for a few extra days and if we can perform like against Juve, we might take something against Napoli. Carlo should throw us a bone.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate international break :( Hopefully it gives the team an actual chance to train though for a few extra days and if we can perform like against Juve, we might take something against Napoli. Carlo should throw us a bone.

The team?
Only a few of the regulars didn't get called up for their NT.

The best thing we can hope for out of this break is that players like Piatek return with more confidence and enthusiasm.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The team?
Only a few of the regulars didn't get called up for their NT.

The best thing we can hope for out of this break is that players like Piatek return with more confidence and enthusiasm.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
1-4-3-3

Donnaruma

Conti
Duarte
Romagnoli
Theo

Paqueta
Kessie
Krunic

RW Bonaventura
CF Piatek
LW Suso

I get the feeling the time has come for Suso to move away from the RW position because defenders know how to deal with him now. He never plays outside of the foot and hardly ever uses his right foot, so perhaps he should move to the left wing and send in his inward curved crosses and perhaps he would combine well with Theo. I also think that for this particular match a player like Mario Rui would be able to keep up with Suso, whereas Hysaj would probably face more difficulty.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1-4-3-3

Donnaruma

Conti
Duarte
Romagnoli
Theo

Paqueta
Kessie
Krunic

RW Bonaventura
CF Piatek
LW Suso

I get the feeling the time has come for Suso to move away from the RW position because defenders know how to deal with him now. He never plays outside of the foot and hardly ever uses his right foot, so perhaps he should move to the left wing and send in his inward curved crosses and perhaps he would combine well with Theo. I also think that for this particular match a player like Mario Rui would be able to keep up with Suso, whereas Hysaj would probably face more difficulty.

The reason why teams with overlapping fullbacks tend to play with an inside forward is to force defenders to defend both in and out. If you know that both players prefer to go outside then that makes your defending choices far easier. If there's both a threat that the winger can cut inside as well as pass to an overlapping defender then you have a harder choice to make.

The best thing is to have a more versatile winger that can do both obviously, but what Suso can do with his left is so good that most managers can excuse his lack of ability to go around defenders on the outside (although in the past two years he has been getting a lot better at this).

Suso's problem isn't that he needs to shift away from the right side. His problem is that he slows our game down a lot when he's not exactly in that perfect spot at the corner of the area. He can't run with the ball for very long without defenders catching up with him, and once he's doubled up on he doesn't have a plan B.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d like one real winger instead of Suso or hakan.
This would give us tactically more options.
With two players cutting inside without the proper midfielders who can cover the space...we will get lost from time to time.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’d like one real winger instead of Suso or hakan.
This would give us tactically more options.
With two players cutting inside without the proper midfielders who can cover the space...we will get lost from time to time.

I miss Deulofeu...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I miss Deulofeu...

Kinda tells you how poorly we look when we miss average speed merchants.

But I agree, Deulofeu would actually lift this team up right now. Him and Theo running up and down the flanks would make us an actual counter threat for a change. Dude also only cost Watford a measly 13 mil :(

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Kinda tells you how poorly we look when we miss average speed merchants.

But I agree, Deulofeu would actually lift this team up right now. Him and Theo running up and down the flanks would make us an actual counter threat for a change. Dude also only cost Watford a measly 13 mil :(

Watford's probable relegation from the Premier League could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us. Deulofeu could sign for a cut price (€15m)?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The reason why teams with overlapping fullbacks tend to play with an inside forward is to force defenders to defend both in and out. If you know that both players prefer to go outside then that makes your defending choices far easier. If there's both a threat that the winger can cut inside as well as pass to an overlapping defender then you have a harder choice to make.

The best thing is to have a more versatile winger that can do both obviously, but what Suso can do with his left is so good that most managers can excuse his lack of ability to go around defenders on the outside (although in the past two years he has been getting a lot better at this).

Suso's problem isn't that he needs to shift away from the right side. His problem is that he slows our game down a lot when he's not exactly in that perfect spot at the corner of the area. He can't run with the ball for very long without defenders catching up with him, and once he's doubled up on he doesn't have a plan B.

Yup. Moving Suso to the left flank would take away what he's good at while adding nothing.

I think Suso has a pretty good idea of how to play, but laziness, comfortableness in cutting in all the time, lack of athleticism, and stretching 60 mins of football into 90 mins explains his performances.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Watford's probable relegation from the Premier League could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us. Deulofeu could sign for a cut price (€15m)?

Way to late, we would need him now. Next summer I'd hope we'd aim higher for a better RW than that.

No offence to Deulofeu - better than current Suso but we need to aim higher.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
lol @Ibra,Deulofeu, AC Milan fans are like an abused girlfriend that clings on everything from the past instead of moving on

Schedule