Week 11: Milan vs Juventus - Saturday 28/10/2017 18:00 CET

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know for a fact we are not gonna win this one.

The question is how much we are gonna concede?

I don't understand this. If you're so defeatist before the game, why watch?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I don't understand this. If you're so defeatist before the game, why watch?
:thumbsup:

Your preemptive middle finger avatar is very fitting for most of these guys. Milan is on the rise. The best thing we have going for us is the sheer tactical genius of :max:

Sure, if we lose there would be posters in high places celebrating, the same way they celebrated when P!r0 scored against us...but there's also a chance that :max: can fuck it all up like only :max: can :proud:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we ban all the small dick fans?

We will do a favor really for their poor fragile souls. :(

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It is almost a certainty that Juve will score against our shitty defence so I hope and pray we get some goals in this one. I just hope we are not humiliated.

Forza Milan!

Our defense is a total dumpster fire and I have no confidence at all they can shut down Juve.

Wait what sort of gimmick is this Boban double act?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
A win is possible guys! Don't underestimate the psychological boost. Suso can beat Juve on his own.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
I dont get some of the fans here, instead for an their own opinion how we should play or to who we need to pay attention for the opposite side they are so pesimistic on a regular basis.

I just want to ask them all... do you go further into teams tactics, build up, details etc. or you just see they won/lose theory??

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Juventus are shaky. Aleegri lost his cool against SPAL and the rested players like Cuadrado and Pjanic were put in the fire for a 30 minutes of high tempo!

Their defence is so cracked in the last 2 matches. If we manage to hold on unitl the 60 min. with positive score or a lead - we will thrash them for sure!

Just Montella needs to figure how to block Cuadrado cos he is the initial trigger for counters!

Dybala doesn't scare me! Higuain is out of form and Mandcukic is dependable from Alex Sandro which will be busy with Suso!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
We are so dominating them at SS. Exited to see The whole team play together again

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
2-1

31’ Kalinic 55’ Suso, 42’ Matuidi

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have never feared juve, ever. We've been competitive in almost every game against them for a few years now.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Small Dick Mentality

Im just a realist

If yall cant handle the truth get out of the kitchen :lol:

That title day is wrong, we play juventus on saturday

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
There is only one way to win this match: bench Leo and Biglia (shitty captains)!

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Milan will win 3-0

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
We beat Juve last season twice! We don't need to fear anybody, we are AC Milan! Plus we are at home! We will win! Forza Milan!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Can someone please change the thread title, the match is on Saturday...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
4WhEWpa.jpg
vs
DBbIqKxXoAE4DQd.jpg

good times - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=14869&page=141

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tbh, even when we're shit we play well against Juventus.

We have a good chance.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Easiest game of the year. Ready for another Locatelli banger against Jube.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Zapata for Mandcukic, Musa for Higuain and Roma/RR for Cuadrado /Dubala .
22770645_1509262662460673_4976224582659939035_o.jpg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes! This makes a lot of sense. My fear was that Musacchio would be dropped for Zapata, but having him in the middle does two things: It gets Zapata on Mandzukic while keeping Musacchio who for now is our best defender, and it also pushes Rodriguez out wide where he's most dangerous and is a left footer who doesn't need to cut inside like Borini.

But this does ask some questions about our shape in defense. I think we'll stay a flat five at the back and not four. Although in some circumstances we can shift to 4 with Borini RB or RR as LB, but this would mean that if RR is staying back that Suso has to put in a shift in midfield against Khedira. I'm not sure he's up to that.

The other option is to take more risks, and this would mean we stay a back four in defense with Zapata on the right and RR on the left, while Borini tracks Alex Sandro and Calhanoglu shifting to the left to track Lichtsteiner. This leaves Suso free to drift behind Alex Sandro to be our outball and start counters. This is risky since it leaves one of Dybala, Khedira or Pjanic free, so i'd rather not do this unless we have to.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Something like this. We can find space this way behind Pjanic and Alex Sandro. Suso needs to be vigilant in midfield making sure Khedira doesn't run the show, but can also peel off whenever get the ball as there will be a ton of space behind Alex Sandro. Same with Hakan and Pjanic, especially with Rodriguez overlapping and pulling Cuadrado away.

If Allegri is feeling weak, i'd expect him to drop Dybala and play another midfielder in a 433 and bringing on Dybala late if they need him. This is way too much space for players like Suso and Hakan with Kalinic being incredible at dropping back and spreading play wide. Especially at home with the crowd, I really don't expect Allegri to risk playing his 4231 here.

The difference with what Montella is doing and what is typically being done is this:

Usually when your FB/WB takes the risk to bomb forward, the team shifts to cover him but they do so with a man down, so if its a 4 man defense, they shift to be a 3 that's spread thin, or are forced to have a midfielder cover back. This also means that attacking WB needs to make sure that he rushes back once the move is over to maintain the original shape. So you stretch with the move, and are forced to revert back once its over as fast as possible to not leave any space open.

With Montella, since the formations are so fluid, we can maintain our shape not by players going back to their original position but by shifting formations to cover the space. Rodriguez decides to attack suddenly on the left and ends up really high up, but we lose the ball. He doesn't have to sprint back wasting energy and focus, as he's now the LW in a 433 and Romagnoli is already covering for him as the new LB with Musacchio, Zapata and Borini the new back four. Rodriguez stays up as the LW, tracking Lichtsteiner while Suso tracks Alex Sandro on the other side in a standard 433. Hakan, Kessie and Biglia in the middle. If Borini decides to attack the right wing and the same thing happens, well now the back four is RR, Romagnoli, Musa and Zapata. Hakan LW and Borini RW, with Suso helping out in midfield.

Last edited:

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Dybala will play for sure, and the main target is to kill our build up.

The most of the wage is on the shoulders of Kessie & Biglia to create space and play fluently their game but all will depend how much feedback they will receive from Suso and Hakan.

it will be a little back and forth for us cos they will push us very high.

Its all about to hold on till 60-min.,after that they will let us play.

Fresh legs with Biglia out and Loca in in the 60-min...we must hold on 60min.

We can win this one. they are vulnerable.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don't understand Musacchio in the center actually. Romagnoli looked so much better because he played in the center and had increased passing options.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.