Philippe Mexes Thread

E

Esoteric

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
JUST NO.
Seriously Roma play Burdisso over him and you know why ? because Mexes does a million mistakes each match. Seriously the games he played for Roma last year were terrible. To be honest he is just a hyped defender but anyone who sees him play will definitely not rate him. Sokratis is already a better option in my mind. The only thing I like about Mexes is his commanding skills, but when you make more mistakes than the players you are commanding I don't know what's the use of these skills.

alipato7

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka maldini nesta ronaldinho pato t.silva
most overrated defender in history i would rather try out our youth then get him for free

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Come on guys, not that I want him here, but he's not THAT bad...

Madskillz19

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.
Come on guys, not that I want him here, but he's not THAT bad...

No he isn't bad I don't know why ppl are cryin him down so much

we are fine in our cb department we don't need mexes

+1 or full back situation needs attention as well as a future maestro replacement

Jv4np

Beginner
Reaction score
Hm, I never thought of him as "horrible" but I seldom watch him play though. Anyway, I agree that we are in need for a FB rather than a CB

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
A year or two ago everyone would want to get him.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should get him in winter 4 peanuts. Would bring back the female fanbase to SS caused by the departures of Borriello and kaka + he aint that bad as a football player either.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
we will sign coates from uruguay...he is 19 years old and rumors are saying that he is very good...

SO we dont need another cb...

a FB plz...

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:star:

We don't need Mexes. We already have 3-4 better CB's in Nesta, Silva, Sokratis and Yepes. Plus backups Bonera and Onyewu.
That's 6 players for 2 spots, good debth.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
no more CBs!!!!

Some FBs please... Silva or VDW or Santon please :D

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brilliant player when he's on his game/has Juan beside him to make him look good. It's just a shame that he's wildly inconsistent and an unstable character. Too French for his own good.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Sexy Mexy, would never say no to him.

Brambo83

Primavera
Reaction score
no more CBs!!!!

Some FBs please... Silva or VDW or Santon please :D

Looking forward to seeing him in CL, that's where he will have to show his worth. You really can't judge a player on how he is playing in Dutch league. He's doing ok in the national team, but that's only been a couple of matches, hardly any against top sides either. Plus Ajax will really have to rethink their price, they were asking 20+m euros for him this summer. RB is just not an important enough position for that kind of money.

Don't think we need Mexes now. He is no longer a starter in Rome, plus we have enough back-up CB's. It's not like he's going to be a long term replacement for Nesta or anything.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
a year or two ago everyone would want to get him.

Nesta will never play again! Who is thiago silva?! he probably sucks....

fu b&g we need mexes and santacroce!

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Looking forward to seeing him in CL, that's where he will have to show his worth. You really can't judge a player on how he is playing in Dutch league. He's doing ok in the national team, but that's only been a couple of matches, hardly any against top sides either. Plus Ajax will really have to rethink their price, they were asking 20+m euros for him this summer. RB is just not an important enough position for that kind of money.

They can deffo re-think...

Ajax chairman:
"We want 20 millio for Van Der Wiel"

Gallianni:
"Erm, sorry, didn't you hear... We got Ibra for 24 million and Robinho for 18 million... 20 million for a right back... You are kidding aren't you... Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... I'll give you 8 million and Oddo"

In all seriousness though... We can use the prices we got Ibra and Binho for as a bargaining point if there are not other clubs interested in a player, but we cant offer 12 million for a player if Bayern or Chelsea are offering 20 million. If VDW develops and proves himself in the CL I'd happily pay 20 million for him!!! He wont want silly wages, can hold down that position for years to come, get him on a 5 year deal minimum, and he offers more than just a right back, as he could over lap brilliantly with whoever is on the right as well... Him, Silva, Papa could be the start of a great defensive partnership for the next decade :D

We will just have to wait and see how he does this year, and how Papa does, and how our youngsters do... Lots of ifs and buts, but I'd love to see him in the red and black of Milan... And he could maybe bring his budy stekklenberg as well ;)

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
there was a time when i used to like him...
and then i saw this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI6FzAPyTcY&feature=related

dont care how fast Pato is, or did you came back from an injury...this is not something you allow to happen and then cry how you want to be a starter... accept your low quality.

Lol come on dude, he's a bad defender for not being able to stop Pato running at full speed while in space?

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
he would be very nice addition indeed. when nesta retires there's silva. imho silva is class above philippe but than again mexes is better than the rest of defenders.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he would be very nice addition indeed. when nesta retires there's silva. imho silva is class above philippe but than again mexes is better than the rest of defenders.

sokratis hasn't been able to prove himself
he's better than mexes

the day nesta retires, mexes-> 29 yrs, will be a veteran

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
tough guy "duck" isn't scared of nobody

Milan forward Alexandre Pato is enthusiastic ahead of the new season and cannot wait to team up with Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Rossoneri morale has been boosted following the arrival of their two new star players and they are now looking to compete against Inter both in Italy and in Europe.

“We will be a great team,” claimed an excited Pato.

“I am sure everything will work out perfectly. We are really ambitious and want to do well both in Serie A and Champions League.”

But with Massimiliano Allegri yet unsure whether to field all his attacking players at the same time, Pato may be relegated to the bench on a number of occasions.

“I do not fear competition,” added the former Santos youngster.

“For me this is not a problem at all. Actually, it will help us to give our best.

“I am delighted that Robinho has joined us. I have yet to speak to him but I am sure that we will give our 100 per cent to Milan.”

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

Brambo83

Primavera
Reaction score
Lol come on dude, he's a bad defender for not being able to stop Pato running at full speed while in space?

I don't think he's a bad defender because of that incident. I don't think he's bad defender anyway. He's just nowhere near good enough to be a starter here, and we have plenty of back-up for this position. IMO we just don't need him.

Douchebag101

Primavera
Reaction score
we have silva nesta for first team, yepes for backup with experience, sokratis for backup with potential, bonera and onyewu for emergency backup. i dont see a reason for mexes to come. plus his wage would be ridicolous. potential janku, kaladze situation

zangetsu

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ash Cole, Nesta, Tiago Silva, Ronaldinho, Pato, Kaka, Essien, David Silva, Kwadwo Asamoah, Ibra,
tough guy "duck" isn't scared of nobody

Milan forward Alexandre Pato is enthusiastic ahead of the new season and cannot wait to team up with Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Rossoneri morale has been boosted following the arrival of their two new star players and they are now looking to compete against Inter both in Italy and in Europe.

“We will be a great team,” claimed an excited Pato.

“I am sure everything will work out perfectly. We are really ambitious and want to do well both in Serie A and Champions League.”

But with Massimiliano Allegri yet unsure whether to field all his attacking players at the same time, Pato may be relegated to the bench on a number of occasions.
“I do not fear competition,” added the former Santos youngster.

“For me this is not a problem at all. Actually, it will help us to give our best.

“I am delighted that Robinho has joined us. I have yet to speak to him but I am sure that we will give our 100 per cent to Milan.”

He's talking about the cups we dont care about right....cos there's no way Robinho would replace pato in this Milan set up. Stupid journalists....smh

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
He would be a great addition fro next season the guy is a very good CB all he needs is to change teams just like it happened with Lucio he sucked @ Bayern for a couple of seasons and was sold as a finished material but then exploded at inter !

Schedule