The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Yes. There is a dearth of quality defenders right now.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
There are a handful of players in the history of football that are in their own tier and Maldini is one of them. These dudes just can't be compared to anyone

Also, it might be nostalgia talking, but I don't think any present day defender would be considered a top player in the late 90s early 2000s.

Even more, Roque Junior would've been sold to Man City for 60M euros and Laursen would've been a star in Arsenal or Liverpool defense :lol:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, it might be nostalgia talking, but I don't think any present day defender would be considered a top player in the late 90s early 2000s.

They wouldn't. The individual talent of the previous generation allowed them to play in several systems and not look out of place. Nowadays you take a defender out of his preferred system (ex. Stones at City, Pique at Barcelona) and they look like trash or become average (like Bonucci).

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
listen mr li
there will come a day
when you will be able..able to say

please stop usuring me
all the aggravation
you know there's a better way, for elliott and me to be

look for the rothschild, in every loan
fly like a dreidel...heaven sent to me

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Lol. What i meant to say was that maldini on one leg would still be light years ahead of all our defenders combined. A player like maldini is born only once in a generation. Even the world's best defender of 2018 would be no where near maldini in his post prime level let alone peak maldini. Its a fucking mockery. Its a joke. Modern defenders are aboslutely trash.
Hell maldini at 42 is probably still better than all our defenders combined. Maldini and nesta in our team even at this stage of their lives would propel us to a top 4 spot. I genuinely believe they would.
you don't need to explain this, no one asking.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Immobile injured... lets hope it rules him out next week and wednesday against us

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, Balotelli has improved at Nice as a striker. He does more of the simple things and has a many more goals because of his movement off the ball then he used to.

Pato/Balo to lead us in 2018, under Gattuso....this is a Hollywood movie in the making

Hollywood because it's never going to happen. :lol:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, Balotelli has improved at Nice as a striker. He does more of the simple things and has a many more goals because of his movement off the ball then he used to.

Pato/Balo to lead us in 2018, under Gattuso....this is a Hollywood movie in the making

Well, he had a super tactitian and football connaisseur in Favre as a coach :)

What would I give to have Favre as our coach. Seriously, the more I think about it and about how Favre transformed every single club from trash into gold without ever having a big transfer-treasure to burn on mercato – he‘d probably be the real deal over expensive Conte or Sarri.

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Immobile injured... lets hope it rules him out next week and wednesday against us

And let us hope kessie doesn’t receive a yellow

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Well, he had a super tactitian and football connaisseur in Favre as a coach :)

What would I give to have Favre as our coach. Seriously, the more I think about it and about how Favre transformed every single club from trash into gold without ever having a big transfer-treasure to burn on mercato – he‘d probably be the real deal over expensive Conte or Sarri.

Favre is good and I'd take him over Sarri (sorry the man does not appeal to me at all) but I'd still prefer conte. Favre would'nt have the balls to come here though even if we were interested

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
We still need a new coach this summer if we want to achieve something next season.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
this price will be skyrocketed after this season, really hard to buy
he is proven good for a longtime btw, idk why he still stay here

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just watched inter-roma 1:1.

These guys are terrible. We can really climb if we start to gel!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched inter-roma 1:1.

These guys are terrible. We can really climb if we start to gel!

True they suck a lot.

It’s terrible that we’re so low in the stand while we have much more quality.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
@RossoneriBlog: Gattuso: "The management could have done something in this transfer market but I asked them not to because I believe in…

Oh wow.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
@RossoneriBlog: Gattuso: "The management could have done something in this transfer market but I asked them not to because I believe in…

Oh wow.
giphy.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Oh wow.

You think Gattuso believes that? He would be more than happy if they offered him help.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
thank the lord for Franck Kessie and Calabria

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's quality but there's also pieces that don't fit in our starting lineup.

There is also the problem with the lack of chemistry after rebuilding the squad so much in the summer.
I know many think that it´s a lazy excuse but the team had like 1/2 a year together, that is still not much.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is also the problem with the lack of chemistry after rebuilding the squad so much in the summer.
I know many think that it´s a lazy excuse but the team had like 1/2 a year together, that is still not much.

That's an understandable excuse for the squad.

But I meant that certain players are just not suited to the 4-3-3 formation. I know Calhanoglu is playing better but he's still a liability in midfield and Rodriguez is not a good fullback. What makes it worse is that they both play on the left side so it gets exposed very often.

yes, but maybe Rino has a plan for them to fit in our system

Or develop a better system to mask their shortcomings.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
This team lacks speed on buildup, counter and on getting back. Our fullbacks can’t overlap and get burned on the counter.

Bonaventura slowing down attacks and giving away precious balls on many occasions. Our whole left side needs a change. Rodriguez can get better with better preparations but it’s very difficult to change how bonaventua plays, he does not seem willing to try.

Winger is a must but I think management is holding for a better player for next summer as soon as they know who will be the coach for next term.

Let’s hope Calabria continues his growth so we can move him to the left when Conti is fit again. Locatelli needs more time at LCM he can’t be worse than the current occupant.

Come next season I hope we can ship all Raiola clients for a 100m and buy suitable players for this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule