Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
2 things for gatusso and 2 against him in this game and in general
for him
1) the team plays as a unit and he can unite the dressing room, everybody was happy about the win even those who didn't play.
2) he improves the players grinta and fitness, we play intense football for most of the game which is something we didn't see from a very very long time.

against him
1) his tactic of playing from the back will hurt us real hard at the long run once the other team figure this is the only way to play (like it already did against napoli in their first goal), we don't have players to keep the ball at their feet and this is dangerous game to play against teams which will try to high press us like napoli and juventus...).
2) his subs are late, laxat and samu would have made a huge impact if they were inserted 65 - 70 Min mark instead of 80, we were lucky to win the last gasp kick, but i believe this shouldn't be the case if he did the right subs earlier after Roma gassed out.

all in all i still prefer conte, but seeing that we are improving i think he deserves a chance to prove himself, especially if he can bring results, i think we have a decent chance of finishing top 4 this season, as long as we are in that area, i think he should keep coaching us.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
after 1 game - "his subs are late"

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I dont rate gattuso as coach.

58e.gif

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I´m a huge fan of his short pass- build up tactic, it allows us to combine possession and counter attacking football.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gennaro Gattuso “is the right man for Milan and can be the new Antonio Conte,” said former teammate Federico Giunti.

Rino was given the main job after Vincenzo Montella’s dismissal, bumped up from the Primavera youth team, and has ever since been trying to prove he is more than just a motivator.

He did just that in Friday’s 2-1 victory over Roma, out-smarting Eusebio Di Francesco on a tactical level.

“To think people were talking about a funeral for Gattuso before that game. Rino is the right man for this Milan,” Giunti told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He is always doubted because he arrived after figures like Clarence Seedorf, Pippo Inzaghi and Cristian Brocchi, former players like him without much management experience, and Milan haven’t won anything in a while.

“People believe they need a famous Coach to turn the tide, such as Conte, but Rino can be the new Conte. He needs to be given confidence and allowed to work without too much pressure.

“I am sure that (new directors) Leonardo and Paolo Maldini will act as a shield during difficult moments. His tenacity was always his greatest strength, even as a player, but he was formidable when replacing Vincenzo Montella and getting inside his players’ heads.

“I like his Milan and he is trying to follow the footsteps of previous Milan Coaches by playing beautiful football. Today’s Milan is attacking, positive and always tries to play the ball out from the back.

“Then there’s Gonzalo Higuain, a top class striker, ideal for the 4-3-3 because he combines with the midfielders and wingers.”

Last season, the Rossoneri finished in sixth place and secured a spot in the Europa League.

“It’s a more competitive squad than a year ago, so I think they’ll fight for fourth,” added Giunti.

“To be honest, I never thought Rino would become a Coach, but he is so smart and capable, he made the most of his strengths. After all, if he played in the midfield with Andrea Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka, he had more than just heart and grit.”

Great words

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What everyone seem to hesitate to say is that this is the most attractive football Milan has played since 2009 (no, quattro-due-fantasia wasn't attractive unless you like unbalanced attacking sides). And Ibra-ball was Ibra-ball.

Somehow, everyone wants their image of Rino as a hard man to translate to his football :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think a bunch of people have mentioned that his football is sexy and I've said from the beginning that he'll prove a lot of people wrong, the same as when he was a player. He's always been underrated.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
After all, if he played in the midfield with Andrea Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka, he had more than just heart and grit.”

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
What everyone seem to hesitate to say is that this is the most attractive football Milan has played since 2009 (no, quattro-due-fantasia wasn't attractive unless you like unbalanced attacking sides). And Ibra-ball was Ibra-ball.

Somehow, everyone wants their image of Rino as a hard man to translate to his football :lol:

:thumbsup: This. Absolutely spot on.

And I think this is just the beginning and things are just starting to come together. I feel like we are on the verge of something special

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This young Milan needs identity. Rino is the identity this team needs. Thankfully, we won’t see any Jube ugly face such as Cunte anywhere near this team as long as Paolo and Leo are at helm.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

“This team has the passion and the grit, but needs a punch in the teeth before it pulls that out.

Molto

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
only entertaining part about this match is hearing him scream from the bench and trying to understand what he says

#Gattusoout

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I think Rino's first major tactical mistake till date is this continuing trust on Musacchio.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Diesel suits him
DSC04087.png

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think Rino's first major tactical mistake till date is this continuing trust on Musacchio.

you are really pathetic I must say

Dude has a decent game but you somehow still find a way to slag him off.

Hilarious considering how much you were sucking Bonucci off despite him playing 10 times worse.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Necro's comments and ratings remind me of "The opposite" episode from Seinfeld. Dude should really ignore all of his natural instincts

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
OUT

Fuckin grinta was the only thing he brought to the table and even that's non existent now.

Dude was clueless in tactics but atleast was smart enough to realize that and not tinker and stay within his limitations. Now he thinks he is fuckin Guardiola with his ******ed playing out from the back tactic.

We need to get a replacement unless we want a repeat of the Montella situation

p.s. - Necro has successfully jinxed yet another man

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Hopefully we now have fewer delusional fans about gattuso’s Coaching abilities

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Can we just get someone who has a coaching background

Stop getting these noobs with no previous coaching experience

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody is asking to beat TOP teams,but you cant lose points against midtable and relegation teams.Gattuso was great player and Milan legend,but he needs to go.Lost 6 points against Atalanta,Cagliari and now Empoli.Unacceptable!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Rino is gonna get sacked, just a question of time and availability of other coaches.

Schedule