Cassius' Milan to Malta Thread

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan’s visit to Malta has now been confirmed.

An item in yesterday’s Gazzetto dello Sport website said Milan will be holding an intensive seven-day training camp in Malta in an effort to get back to top form after the forthcoming break.

The club is coming here on an initiative of Birkirkara FC’s John Borg, who is the local clubs’ representative on the UEFA Club Forum. It was he who initiated the talks with Milan’s Umberto Gandini, who also sits on the same UEFA Club Forum.

During their stay here (2-9 January), Milan will be playing a friendly match against the local champions, Birkirkara FC (8 January).

Borg said yesterday the list of 26 players sent by Milan indicated that all the top men will be included apart from Brazilian goalkeeper Dida.

The 50-strong contingent will include 12 members of the technical staff, two chefs, two kit managers and some medical advisers, apart from two directors.

Training sessions will be held at the Ta’ Qali training grounds, but will not be open to the public.

Milan have been passing through one of their worst ever phases in the club’s history. Apart from having been involved in the Calciopoli scandal, due to which they had started the season with an eight-point penalty, the team has been struggling to find its form with the strikers finding it more than difficult to score the goals that matter.

Now they will be trying to find back their serenity and form in Malta where, according to the report in Gazzetto dello Sport, they plan to base their training camp on force and resistence. The report said: “The aim is to gradually get back in form and maintain top rhythms till the end of May as the club hopes to progress further in the Champions League and will be trying to climb up the table to finish, at least, in fourth place, thus securing a berth in next season’s Champions League.”

Milan have only won six points in their last seven league matches.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti has already approved a one week’s rest between 24 December and 1 January for all the players. (www.independent.com.mt)

Hm. True story or a load of BS? Has anyone heard anything about this?

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:

An item in yesterday’s Gazzetto dello Sport website said Milan will be holding an intensive seven-day training camp in Malta in an effort to get back to top form after the forthcoming break.

The club is coming here on an initiative of Birkirkara FC’s John Borg, who is the local clubs’ representative on the UEFA Club Forum. It was he who initiated the talks with Milan’s Umberto Gandini, who also sits on the same UEFA Club Forum.

During their stay here (2-9 January), Milan will be playing a friendly match against the local champions, Birkirkara FC (8 January).

Borg said yesterday the list of 26 players sent by Milan indicated that all the top men will be included apart from Brazilian goalkeeper Dida.

The 50-strong contingent will include 12 members of the technical staff, two chefs, two kit managers and some medical advisers, apart from two directors.

Training sessions will be held at the Ta’ Qali training grounds, but will not be open to the public.

Milan have been passing through one of their worst ever phases in the club’s history. Apart from having been involved in the Calciopoli scandal, due to which they had started the season with an eight-point penalty, the team has been struggling to find its form with the strikers finding it more than difficult to score the goals that matter.

Now they will be trying to find back their serenity and form in Malta where, according to the report in Gazzetto dello Sport, they plan to base their training camp on force and resistence. The report said: “The aim is to gradually get back in form and maintain top rhythms till the end of May as the club hopes to progress further in the Champions League and will be trying to climb up the table to finish, at least, in fourth place, thus securing a berth in next season’s Champions League.”

Coach Carlo Ancelotti has already approved a one week’s rest between 24 December and 1 January for all the players. (www.independent.com.mt)

I can't confirm now, but it sounds true. One of my best friends lives in Ta' Qali (and there are only 2 families there, besides the national stadium)... Anyway, I dont think anyone would put that much effort into a false story!

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Milans lab needs to focus on stuff other than 'intensive' training camps to be able to get anything out of this team.
i cant really see stuff of this sort helping us out with our situation righ tnow....

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:

The Idea is right... though at a time when we are struggling with fitness issues and getting players back on board doesn't seem as the most ideal time to introduce these fairly intensive training sessions. Though what the heck, I'm all for it.

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
100% Confirmed!

Well this is true i work in the HOTEL they will be staying in, recived the confirmation call from their stuff, and i am also have a photo with the whole team (WOW CANT WAIT) for credibility purposes of the hotel! They arrive on the 2nd Janaury they will also face a local Maltese team called Birkirkara ...

The is the HOTEL they will be staying in

Radisson SAS Golden Sands Resort And SPA

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
BMWTaylor said:

100% True, can;t wait for them to arrive .....

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If this is true, take plenty of pictures, Cassius, OK? Then again, your boss may not like star-struck employees. :)

Still, doesn't it seem rather odd that everyone except Dida will be making this trip? I don't think most of our MASH unit will be at full health by January.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Cassius said:
Well this is true i work in the HOTEL they will be staying in, recived the confirmation call from their stuff, and i am also have a photo with the whole team (WOW CANT WAIT) for credibility purposes of the hotel! They arrive on the 2nd Janaury they will also face a local Maltese team called Birkirkara ...

The is the HOTEL they will be staying in

Radisson SAS Golden Sands Resort And SPA
Lucky you ... and remember pictures*

I like this idea, at least they're trying something, it's better than that stupid psycho room for players mentality...

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
If this is true, take plenty of pictures, Cassius, OK? Then again, your boss may not like star-struck employees. :)

Still, doesn't it seem rather odd that everyone except Dida will be making this trip? I don't think most of our MASH unit will be at full health by January.

I deffinatley will take pictures and post them on this site no problem...With regards to my boss he is certainly appriciates loyal employees hence why he decided to reward me with this fantastic, opportunity which i will need to repay buy signing another 2 year contract with the company.

Well sod it its WORTH it ....

Oh when it comes to DIDA isn't he undergoing a surgery early Janaury.?

Last edited:

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan to make Malta trip
Friday, 22 December 2006

AC Milan will take on Maltese champions Birkirkara FC on 9 January as part of an eight-day training camp on the island for the Serie A club.

Latest visitors
Milan will be in Malta from 2-10 January, and the fixture was confirmed by Birkirkara FC chairman Victor Zammit. "Birkirkara FC have kept up with the tradition of bringing big international clubs over to the island," he told uefa.com. "Manchester United FC and Juventus have graced our island with their visits in recent years. Now AC Milan will be the next [and] will be playing a friendly match at the National Stadium against our club.

'Great honour'
"For us at Birkirkara FC, it is a great honour to host such a renowned football club such AC Milan," he added. "I would officially like to thank AC Milan for accepting our invitation and for offering their message of total solidarity and friendship between bigger and smaller clubs, a message which UEFA clearly transmits."

Source: http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/kind=2/newsid=493205.html?cid=rssfeed&att=index

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cassius said:
Oh when it comes to DIDA isn't he undergoing a surgery early Janaury.?
No, he won't be getting surgery, but they're probably leaving him home as a precaution. Doesn't make sense, though, why we're going on this trek in the first place.

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MILAN – The Rossoneri will reunite on January 2 at the Malpensa airport in Milan for their departure to Malta. Milan will be in training from January 3 to 5 and then return to the San Siro on January 6 to play in the Luigi Berlusconi Tournament against Juventus (kick-off 5 PM CET). Then back to Malta to continue training on January 7 and 8, with a friendly scheduled for January 9 against Birkirkara Fc (pictured above) at the National Stadium in Malta.

The Rossoneri then return to Italy on January 10, just in time for the Milan-Arezzo Italian Cup quarter-finals on January 11 at 9 PM CET. Arezzo eliminated Livorno in the last sixteen and managed to draw in the league away game against Juventus, both of which offer a good measure of their level of play.

Then it’s back to Serie A on January 14 for an afternoon match against Reggina, followed by the return leg of the Italian Cup against Arezzo on January 18, a night time clash in Rome's Olympic Stadium against Lazio on January 21 and an afternoon encounter at the San Siro against Parma on January 28.

Can't Bloody wait for them to arrive ... am over the FREEGINNNNNNNN MOON!!!!

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
No, he won't be getting surgery, but they're probably leaving him home as a precaution. Doesn't make sense, though, why we're going on this trek in the first place.

What do you mean by WHY WE'RE going on the trek?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whoa... that's a crammed schedule. And some were expecting them to 'get plenty of rest' to 'recharge their batteries' + whatnot ;)

Reaction score
Cassius how fortunate you are...you have the opportunity to meet all the players!!!! Take alot of photos so that you can share them with us.

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Whoa... that's a crammed schedule. And some were expecting them to 'get plenty of rest' to 'recharge their batteries' + whatnot ;)

Well according to the sources here in the HOTEL where the team will be staying inn. They are not comming here for a rest but an pritty intensive training camp. Morning afternoon and evening sessions, they fly back to Italy on the 5th and they will be back to Malta the next day as they are facing a local side on the 9th

Reaction score
Cassius said:
Well according to the sources here in the HOTEL where the team will be staying inn. They are not comming here for a rest but an pritty intensive training camp. Morning afternoon and evening sessions, they fly back to Italy on the 5th and they will be back to Malta the next day as they are facing a local side on the 9th

Wow all sessions are going to be held at the hotel....lucky you Cassius....take alot of photos then...

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
well wow nice....i do remeber milan youth team came to india to play in a match against mohun bagan n west bengal n lost.....ne ways i hope this turns out gud....
Forza Milan
hey remember pictures......

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Cassius said:

FUDGE! i was one of those who expected them to get lots of rest and finally get their minds of football! they'll be exhausted playin' all this :o flyin' back and forth all da time! well just happy they chose malta and not argentina or sumthn, da time difference would've killed them (god forbid;)) thats what happened to barcelona, peepz been sayin' that they had a bad start because of training / showcasing etc in sum american country can't remember which.

well, good luck to milan and hope to see da good old milan :tongue:

you're really lucky cassius, good luck & take lots of pics :D

Reaction score
what an intensive programme they have...but they have time to meet the supporters?

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MILANELLO: FIRST TRAINING SESSION AT 3PM CET
1/2/2007

MILANELLO - The full squad will start training at 3pm CET at Milanello before transferring to [Malpensa] for the flight to Malta. Only the injured players Nesta, Serginho and Nelson Dida will be missing. The likes of Maldini, Costacurta, Favalli and Ambrosini (back from Belgium on Saturday) will be back with the squad following injury.

acmilan.com

Bit late now, since they're supposed to leave some three hours ago. But—no Nesta, Serginho or Dida...the latter worries me a bit since he's supposed to be back after break? I'd've thought he'd be on this trip...but maybe it makes sense for him to get rest instead of doing some intensive training camp.

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

WOW ... i cant fuckin belive it guys .. they were like standing few feet away from .. but the atmosphere was phenomenal when they arrived to the airport a contigent of about 700 people was waiting for them to give them a war wlecome to malta .... GRANDE MILAN ....
oh they brought bbout 5 players from the primavera squad to train with them well here are a few photos ... see ya latr am of to the hotel for the morning photo session .... ill keep you updated

kaka1.jpg

bonera.jpg

inzaghi.jpg

gilardino.jpg

gattuso.jpg

kaladze.jpg

boriello.jpg

I didn't see oliviera anywhere ... him and DIDA are ment to arrive to Malta from Brasil .. today at 9 p.m local time ... !!
They are to attend a gala dinner from the local supporters club of malta at the Resort ...

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
You're sooo lucky.. damn you :tongue:
nice pics... Pippo is tanned :) lol

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing, Cassius! You're so lucky. :D

Hahah, poor boys looked mobbed though. Look at that hand patting Kaka's head in that first picture! Doesn't seem like the fans are too interested in the likes of Bonera and Borriello though... Hmph.

Edit: Oh, and good to know that Dida will be joining them after all. :)

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Lucky bastard! :tongue: Really man you got to see Pippo & Kaka on real life :eek: I hope one day also I'm lucky :D

BTW, Isn't that Borriello in the last picture? what is he doing with the team? Isn't he suspended?

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
awwwwwww!
man I'm so jealous!
I hope one day I will see Kaka & co too
(I wanted to add Maldini, but I think thats impossible ._.)

anyway, thanks for the pictures!
Awww I love Kaka with glasses hehe.
say, where's maldini?

and yeah... borriello's suspended o_O

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
I have found the rest....
tassotti.jpg

maldini.jpg

LMAO... is there some time he's not sleepy?
pirlo.jpg

costacurta.jpg

fiori.jpg

from this page

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
LMAO @ Pirlo's picture :D

Schedule