• 4-3-1-2

Votes: 242 63.4%

• Total voters

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Pretty much, Fiero. Though I would move Pato's arrow back to Borriello. Borriello is better in tracking back I'd say. (And T.Silva can have an arrow going forward.)

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
@ San Pato

I like that formation. But IMO to be able to play that formation two of the key players are the "box-to-box" midfielder and the CF.

Ambrosini and Borriello? I don't think so. 1: they are very average. 2:Borriello can't carry an attack, doesn't have enough tools. And Ambro is a DM, he's not so great at going forward.

I we had Dzeko and Schweinsteiger in that formation and we would have a scudetto and CL winning team. :D

I agree we need different players for the CAM;Box-Box;DM and CF ,but i just out those players in because it's what we currently have and lets be honest that could be what we start the season with:proud:...actually think hunt would be a better alternative to Borri- but that again depends on the opposing team..

I think it'd be better if we had Flamini in a box-to-box role as he can shoot better and he has the stamina for it unlike Ambro. While Ambro can be the DM as he's less unpredictable with his tackles and doesn't get a yellow every 5 tackles. Having him stay back-ish would also conserve his energy.

Yep ,now that i think about it prob best that way....

Reaction score
the real problem is that ronaldinho can't absolutely play the "10" position(and berlusconi wants that).. i hope allegri understand it as soon as possibile..

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
the real problem is that ronaldinho can't absolutely play the "10" position(and berlusconi wants that).. i hope allegri understand it as soon as possibile..

ehhhh

all he needs to do is change his shirt number to 10 with clarence switching to...uhh...11 to break the curse. actually change everyone's shirt numbers->sell fuckton of new shirts->get more $$->new signings coming out of every orifice next year

gotta throw this idea at B

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

he can't play the #10 like kaka did. But he can play it with right surrounding cast

in current team he can't cause it'll be like diego at juve.... too static a team and easy to mark him out. If he had 2 forward who could move infront of him (Pato +??) and a idfield who could extend runs... than he'd be fine....

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
guys what are your views on our midfield it has to be thre men midfield since berlu has his wishes

-----------??---------------

----flamini-------??----------------

OR

-------Seedorf----------------

--ambro-----peerlo----------------

HAHAHH if we play against the likes of barca chelsea inter and joses real its going to be a rape with this nonathletic geriatric old age overrated slow fucking midfield

this is where we should focus pirlo and seedorf can be great asset if we can rotate them. they are nothing special by themselves and they are a liability now

Last edited:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
guys what are your views on our midfield it has to be thre men midfield since berlu has his wishes

OR

HAHAHH if we play against the likes of barca chelsea inter and joses real its going to be a rape with this nonathletic geriatric old age overrated slow fucking midfield

this is where we should focus pirlo and seedorf can be great asset if we can rotate them. they are nothing special by themselves and they are a liability now

We are too slow when we play with both Seedorf and Pirlo, imo they should rotate and only one of them should be on the pitch. And besides one of them should play Flamini and Ambro I think, so that would already be a three man midfield. To keep all of them fresh we should rotate the players with the other subs we have, like Strasser etc.
Best would be to get another young good midfielder to have a bit more quality depth. Allegri already said we need another one and I agree, our midfield is very thin now.

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score

OR

Imagine a CL game against Barca, Real, Chelsea etc and Flamini get injured.

........Pirlo/Seedorf
Ambro.............Gattuso

and Roma's 7-1 against United will be forgotton .. We need one more mid ffs

..........Pirlo/Seedorf
Flamini/Ambro...........New Mid/Ambro

is respectable, still not good. Same mid and we r fucked ..

M

MassterMark

pato____džeko

ganso

poli_____________hernanes

flamini

antonini____nesta____silva____abate

amelia

still a lot for dream team...:cry::cry::cry:

M

MassterMark

now realy only our players:D:D:

pato

dinho_ _ _ _verdi

merkel_ _ _flamini_ _ _strasser

antonini_ _ _ _silva_ _ _ _nesta_ _ _ _abate

amelia

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I'd like to see this:

Code:
[CENTER]Borriello         Pato    

Ronaldinho

Flamini             Ambrosini
Pirlo

Antonini      Silva      Nesta      Zambrotta[/CENTER]

Flamini can give support in attack like Seedorf use to do, give Dinho a free role so he can drift out wide to get the ball and let Pato have the same role Sheva had where he can drop deep to get the ball.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
any formation without gattuso, pirlo, ambro and seedorf together.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Because im bored

Since we've been linked to Bochetti and have an overload of Good CBs (4 of which are possible starters) and given our mediocrity of FBs, i think the best way to utilize our squad to the fullest is to go ahead with a 3-man back-line

This is what we'd look like on paper before games .etc

1281200089174110.jpg

and I'd like us to line up like this (with our current line up + maybe Bochetti)

1281202186294534.jpg

-we will always have at least three men behind the ball with Nesta ,having the athletic back-up he needs in Sokratis and Bochetti ....T.Silva is good in the air and has great ability going forward and defending + can slot in to a Cb place with the RCB and LCB pushing out (as will be shown later)...pace could be an issue with our CBS but sokratis and Bochetti aren't slow

-Pirlo is placed as the LCM ,because of his ability to pick those passes (Orchestrate :proud:) and he can defend (contrary to (hater) belief :o) and he will have T.silva covering for him
....Ambro as possible back-up

-Antonini and abate (perhaps Dodo and Zambezi) can fight it out for this spot which focuses more on adding width and support for pato on the right hand side and can cross from deep ...they obviously will have to contribute to midfield defense but because they are higher up they will have the responsibility to snuff things out before hand ....possibly for the younger legs aka Anton and Abate

-Flamini will occupy the Box-Box ...i believe he can fulfill that role + brings the energy and bite we lack in the middle of the park ...Ambro and Strasser as back-up for him

-The Cam spot will be occupied by Dinho ...he can play games where he could be utilized to the fullest (drifting out to the left)perhaps smaller teams-Mid table teams..with merkel as back up and Dorf in the big games

Obviously the striking explains itself....Pato on the right gives both Pirlo and dinho the chance to deliver those diagonals we all love :proud:

Did i mention that i was bored ?:D

On to the defense :

When we defend we can drop to a 5-3-2:

1281205710582124.jpg

the players:

1281205704723581.jpg

-Five men deep behind the ball with defensive width covered is pretty hard to break through if we are properly organized ...we have enough backup's to play with three with Yepes-Gooch-Albertazzi-Boner are good back-ups (good enough) Antonini fits like a glove as he is a natural Rb and Bochetti (apparently) can play Lb + we all know the strength of Nesta-Silva partnership

-Pirlo operates just ahead of the defense to stop any potential moves and as a counter-attacking outlet ...in terms of long passing etc ...thats why Flamini operates a bit higher as-well to join the attack

-The attack is spread out wide to spread the defense and make space for the incoming runs of Flamini + maybe Antonini ...the attackers also spread wide to have a 1-on-1 situation which ..dinho and pato can take advantage of

so theres my 2 cents ...what do you guys think ???? I know it is easier said than done .

Constructive criticism will be appreciated ...:D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
interesting stuff but it's too narrow....

I would argue something more along lines of this:

4-3-1-2 converting into 3-4-1-2

ie....

pato--bori
dinho
pirlo--flamini
silva
antonini--nesta--papa--zambrotta
abbiati​

turning into

ie....

pato--bori
dinho
antonini--pirlo--flamini--abate
nesta--silva--papa​

even then you have a huge problem of ronaldinho, as you'd want that CAM to a) be more a more direct player and B provide some defensive cover..... more hamsik/honda/van der vaart

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
^ i don't quite know what you mean by mine being narrow ..(miss the arrows ?)...but i like the second formation ...the first one is pretty narrow too+ the fact that we have to put faith in Zambro + Antonini in defense is scary ..ie..people like Pepe will start to have a great influence in games from wide ...i just think the 3-man works around our shortcomings at fb and enhances our strength in our CBs also with good back ups + a place for all our youngsters aswell as back-up (except de vito....maybe he can become a CM?)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
^ i don't quite know what you mean by mine being narrow ..(miss the arrows ?)...but i like the second formation ...the first one is pretty narrow too+ the fact that we have to put faith in Zambro + Antonini in defense is scary ..ie..people like Pepe will start to have a great influence in games from wide ...i just think the 3-man works around our shortcomings at fb and enhances our strength in our CBs also with good back ups + a place for all our youngsters aswell as back-up (except de vito....maybe he can become a CM?)

All the players in your formation are naturally central players with exception maybe to dinho. You need some width to spread other team out and open space....

it can come from fbs or midfield. But anotnini and abate are naturally wide players... they push up and defenders have to commit to them....

it gets even better if you have great fb's like maicon or dani alves who take a lot of attention of defense and will open space for central midfielders

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

ie....

pato--bori
dinho
pirlo--flamini
silva
antonini--nesta--papa--zambrotta
abbiati​

turning into

ie....

pato--bori
dinho
antonini--pirlo--flamini--abate
nesta--silva--papa​

even then you have a huge problem of ronaldinho, as you'd want that CAM to a) be more a more direct player and B provide some defensive cover..... more hamsik/honda/van der vaart

Maybe Allegri does plan to use Silva just in front of the defence when Nesta and Papa are both fit! Personally i love the idea as he is a beast going forward (Lucio'ish) and has a good long shot plus he is fast and can give a solid defensive cover!

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
All the players in your formation are naturally central players with exception maybe to dinho. You need some width to spread other team out and open space....

it can come from fbs or midfield. But anotnini and abate are naturally wide players... they push up and defenders have to commit to them....

it gets even better if you have great fb's like maicon or dani alves who take a lot of attention of defense and will open space for central midfielders

your second formation seems ideal now ....just add KPB along with honda ,both can offer that width needed ...hardworking and technically sound and we'd arguably have the best line up in SA ....:eek:....three signings away from the trebble all of which wont cost more than 20mil :head:

sell dinho-KPB
sell hunt-Honda
swap Janks-Bochetti

is it that hard? N/h?

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn, I hate 3 man defenses. The worst teams I've ever seen in my life are brazilians teams using the 3-5-2. It's so easy to break.. We will be crushed by the wingers when we play against the 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Maybe Allegri does plan to use Silva just in front of the defence when Nesta and Papa are both fit! Personally i love the idea as he is a beast going forward (Lucio'ish) and has a good long shot plus he is fast and can give a solid defensive cover!

yah i was thinking the way mexico used marquez and portugal used pepe.....difference is those guys are much better passers than silva, where as silva drives forward on the ball like he's kaka circa 2006.

the flip side is, he's a monster @ CB too and it'd be a shame to waste it...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'd like to see a

--------GK
----CB--CB--CB
------DM--DM
--------CM
-AM-----------AM
---CF--------CF

It's a little narrow.

-----------Abbi
----Silva--Nesta--Sokratis
------Flamini--Ambro
-----------Pirlo
--Seedorf--------Dinho
------Pato-----Borri

Quite strong and could morph into different things as it goes on.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Damn, I hate 3 man defenses. The worst teams I've ever seen in my life are brazilians teams using the 3-5-2. It's so easy to break.. We will be crushed by the wingers when we play against the 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1.

What ?
You do realize your NT win WC with that formation rite ?

Btw I must agree this is most barbaric and fragile formation ever (see some south-east asia football guys)

But with right player and coach this tactic can do wonder. (the probability is low as shit though)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What ?
You do realize your NT win WC with that formation rite ?

Btw I must agree this is most barbaric and fragile formation ever (see some south-east asia football guys)

But with right player and coach this tactic can do wonder. (the probability is low as shit though)

I think we agree here. Let me just explain my point:

That team in 2002 had the two best fullbacks of a generation, Cafu and Roberto Carlos. They could dominate an entire flank of the field, defending and attacking. It's hard to put this kind of performance with ordinary fullbacks. Even the best clubs in Europe don't have today players like then. Maybe one, but hardly two.

When you build a "Brazilian" 3-5-2, you give up to one creative player in the midfield for another central defender. And so the fullbacks have more freedom to attack. These players (alas in Brazil) must attack like wingers (because outside one offensive midfielder, they are the only source of creativity in the midfield) and defend like fullbacks, because a line of 3 can't cover all the defensive line.

mano.jpg

This table is writing in portuguese, but it shows well the spaces in the 3-5-2 without defensive cover (behind the fullbacks - "alas") and without offensive presence (between fullbacks - "alas" and the offensive midfielder "meia"). It's easy to see the problems this tatic can have against 4-3-3 - it would be outnumbered in the flanks because there's 3 CB's to take care of only one player. It will become a 5-3-2 and the idea of offensive fullbacks will not work. The space without defensive cover is actualy the area where the better players in the world today like to start plays (Robben, Messi, Villa at WC, Robinho at Seleção...).

If I had a team with two players like Cafú and RC (today maybe Maicon, Coentrão, Dani Alves...), maybe I would think about a 3-5-2. When on his days, they can be more dangerous attacking threats than midfielders. But I just don't like the general idea of giving up one creative player in the midfield or wingers just to overload the fullbacks (or just because you have 3 good CB's).

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
This is what we'd look like on paper before games .etc

1281200089174110.jpg

and I'd like us to line up like this (with our current line up + maybe Bochetti)

1281202186294534.jpg

-we will always have at least three men behind the ball with Nesta ,having the athletic back-up he needs in Sokratis and Bochetti ....T.Silva is good in the air and has great ability going forward and defending + can slot in to a Cb place with the RCB and LCB pushing out (as will be shown later)...pace could be an issue with our CBS but sokratis and Bochetti aren't slow

-Pirlo is placed as the LCM ,because of his ability to pick those passes (Orchestrate :proud:) and he can defend (contrary to (hater) belief :o) and he will have T.silva covering for him
....Ambro as possible back-up

-Antonini and abate (perhaps Dodo and Zambezi) can fight it out for this spot which focuses more on adding width and support for pato on the right hand side and can cross from deep ...they obviously will have to contribute to midfield defense but because they are higher up they will have the responsibility to snuff things out before hand ....possibly for the younger legs aka Anton and Abate

-Flamini will occupy the Box-Box ...i believe he can fulfill that role + brings the energy and bite we lack in the middle of the park ...Ambro and Strasser as back-up for him

-The Cam spot will be occupied by Dinho ...he can play games where he could be utilized to the fullest (drifting out to the left)perhaps smaller teams-Mid table teams..with merkel as back up and Dorf in the big games

Obviously the striking explains itself....Pato on the right gives both Pirlo and dinho the chance to deliver those diagonals we all love :proud:

nesta is too old and he is not that mobile so he cant lead that defense if a pair of pacey strikers come up we will be torn to pieces, if we play as 3 men defense silva should be at the center cause he has pace and some intelligence and nesta should be benched(no i dont hate him but he is slow for three men defense and i dont know how good is sokartes and new kid)
but who would want to bench nesta :eek: so 4-4-2
an old intelligent defender is awesome when there isnt enough room for the attacker. and i dont know whether bochetti or pasta are good enough to cover by their own

Silva as a dm would be awesome cause i see him running from back to center without losing a ball We miss a player like that some one from deep unlike your fav pussy Mr pirlo.And he is classy defender why wouldnt you play your best defender in his fav position , libero ? :eek: our team has so many weakness that we cant afford a three men defense at the back

LCM for pirlo entire wing for pirlo god he will shit like anything cause he wont have enough options available to pass he is good when he is at the center(define good :o)
flamini cant orchestrate from center he is not that good and dinho will shift to left so left side is dinho pirlo :D and a cb who cant run like anto :D we are raped there. Antos work rate make left side respectable in defense :p

abate is the stupidest player ever but he is too fast, so playing him in defense would be better than in midfield cause he will get the ball back and clear cause he dont know what he want to do when he has possesion, the good thing about his pace is he can track back easily and provide the ball to pato lkeep it simple

I would love to see abate providing more crosses nothing against the kid, he works hard but not good enough NOT YET

Flamini wont push from center without tackling anybody :D he is good as RCM, does patos defensive work and provide ball to pato and fight out with some one who is raping our midfield

I personally think for your midfield to work we need to push silva to center of defense, abate should learn to cross and have a new brain, put a wall on the left side because pirlo+dinho+bochetti -> lubricated for a rape. and we need a versatile midfielder like essien schwenzi even hargreaves of the past :)

Last edited:

Schedule