AC Milan UEFA Cup 2008/2009

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
discuss it here,guys!!!

what do you think of our UEFA campaign???

how do you think our opponents will accept us?With fear or with respect?

do you really believe we can take this cup,without affecting the scudetto??

and the last statement:the last year for Paolo-hope he can enjoy the trophyfull season. :)

pat ferrara

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, vieri, pirlo, kaka, guttuso, nesta, gilardino, inzaghi, c ronaldo, totti, cannavaro, buffon
if we dont win the uefa cuo i will take a sack wack

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
its just the same beginning as every year. we are only talking about fighting for the scudetto. when galliani gets asked about what our objectives are, he answeres "our major objective is the scudetto, the uefa cup is not that important". why do they never say hell yea we want to win uefa cuo, scudetto and coppa ????

i hope we can manage to win the cup and give paolo a nice goodbye-present.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
This cup is not worth the effort, let's get eliminated immediatly so we can rest while the others get tired playing in CL and win the Scudetto and rub it in Inter Merdas face...

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Thought Milan were meant to be entering the CL after exploiting some entry rules that don't exist? Even if Milan do wish to win this, (I doubt they do), the fallen giant rarely wins, they play with too much arrogance, just like Bayern last year. It would be advisable to concentrate on Serie A and prevent falling even further.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i will be really dissapointed if we dont win it, only losers think were too good for it, we are participating in it so we better get used to the fact that were not in the CL, this season we have to win it all, im expecting scudetto, uefa cup and coppa italia and i hate how we prioritize one thing over the other, galliani uses this to claim that they acheived their goal at the seasons end, just like they did with that stupid CWC which is only 2 games long, how the hell do u prioritise 2 games of a season over a whole scudetto and CL?.. UEFA cup + scudetto plz!

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Jivara said:
i will be really dissapointed if we dont win it, only losers think were too good for it, we are participating in it so we better get used to the fact that were not in the CL, this season we have to win it all, im expecting scudetto, uefa cup and coppa italia and i hate how we prioritize one thing over the other, galliani uses this to claim that they acheived their goal at the seasons end, just like they did with that stupid CWC which is only 2 games long, how the hell do u prioritise 2 games of a season over a whole scudetto and CL?.. UEFA cup + scudetto plz!

good point!!!

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
Billy_69 said:
This cup is not worth the effort, let's get eliminated immediatly so we can rest while the others get tired playing in CL and win the Scudetto and rub it in Inter Merdas face...

Agree 100%

Winning the UEFA cup means nothing unless you are a small team. We must focus our energies 100% on Scudetto.

If I was Carlo, I'd send out a reserve team for UEFA. Give the youngsters some playing time.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
this is sad, to think its not worth the effort... i would be ashamed to win the scudetto if we went out of the UEFA cup early on purpose just to focus on the scudetto, why do we need to focus on 1 trophy per year? why cant we aim to win everything were participating in like manure have done twice in the last decade? are we smaller than man ure? hell no, we always kick their ass.. why can they do it and we cant? they even play more games than we do, i think were whinning to much about being tired and exhausted from the number of games we play, look at england, they take every game seriously, they play CL, EPL, FA cup, carling cup, and the league cup and a million cups and never complain and they always put in a strong team, we usually throw away the coppa italia and scudetto early on to focus on the CL, like a bunch of pussies, and end up catching the last minute train to next years CL which we missed last season because of our cowardness, i think were pampering ourselves a bit too much, our players are pampered for not facing any competition in the squad, the fans are pampered to think that the UEFA cup is not worth the effort forgetting how shit we were last year, we dont even deserve to be in the UEFA cup in the first place with the stature of our club. get some balls, if we miss out on this then im gonna go strangle galliani myself, and i didnt even sign that ridiculous petition.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
With our current squad and the lack of depth (unless you consider Emerson, Brocchi and the primavera youngsters depth) we cannot compete for several goals at once, it's simple fact.

If either Kaka', Pirlo, Nesta, Pato (or god forbid all of them) get injured for an extended period of time won't even be able to compete for anything else than fourth place, and breaking buckets of sweat to achieve it.

So unless the management pulls out some magic rabbits out of their hat : a great keeper, a decent defender and a world class attacker to add to the current line-up it's better to focus on the scudetto than a cup tournament that

a) nobody even watches on thursday nights
b) almost nobody cares about up to the final
c) you can get eliminated from in the later stages by an off day or bad luck

The scudetto on the other hand :

a) prevents Inter from winning it again
b) gives us a cool patch on our shirts to brag with
c) puts us two scudetti away from our second golden star
d) would make Mourinho and his batch of fags cry
e) would make Juventus cheating scum also cry
f) and would make us feared again in the national competition (winning the CL one year later would make us feared again everywhere)

Also Fiorentina gave away fourth place by playing too many matches and focusing on the UEFA cup last year. If Napoli wouldn't have kicked our asses in the next week we would play in the CL in their place.
Also the mighty Bayern and their stars was made lauging stock by getting raped by Leningrad, so thanks, I'll pass for that. Let's play our C team in UEFA to show we don't care and have a valid excuse to be eliminated early and focus on one thing instead.

Coppa Italia would be cool as a bonus, just for the second cool patch on the shirt, other than that it's just a meaningless trophy. Though maybe the FIGC should scrap it and skip directly to the final Inter - Roma to save electricity.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah,i would definately not want to watch another merda-roma coppa final.
that's ugly.

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy_69 said:
b) gives us a cool patch on our shirts to brag with

The best part of winning the league

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Oooh please, C team to the UEFA Cup...
Why the fuck should we do that ? Should we act like fucked up assholes who think they are too good for the little brother of the CL ?
Fuck that shit, let Milan show that they are a world class team again, I expect at least 2 thropies of this list
Scudetto
UEFA Cup
Coppa Italia

And no fucking shit again with that 4th place is our goal shit because I just FUCKING HATE IT when Galliani is fucking around with his bullshit
'4th place is our goal'
WE ARE FUCKING AC MILAN DUMBASS ! We don't place for a crappy 4th place, we play for titles you dumbass !
Man I hate that fucking Galliani !

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
. wrong thread.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
^Surely its wiser to learn how to walk before trying to run? Atleast he is being realistic and see's that Milan are a team trying for European qualification with Lazio, Fiorentina, Sampdoria. Clearly from last season we see Inter, Roma and Juve are of a better standard now and Milan can't overtake all of them, especially after signing crap players.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Tsar said:
^Surely its wiser to learn how to walk before trying to run? Atleast he is being realistic and see's that Milan are a team trying for European qualification with Lazio, Fiorentina, Sampdoria. Clearly from last season we see Inter, Roma and Juve are of a better standard now and Milan can't overtake all of them, especially after signing crap players.
That why you shifted to the shitside of town ?
Gloryboy

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
fuckin tsar we are going to win scudetto screw uefa cup screw inter and all mother fuckers

we will win with oldies and grand dads

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
i think we can still compete with juve and roma, but i predict with mourinho and the signings im sure he will make and his good coaching/management inter will carry on next season being more dominant than us, especially if they have a gd CL run as they already dominate the serie A and as gd as our signings and the current squad are realistically we are not good enough to win serie A quite yet
even though i strongly believe we shud win italian cup and uefa

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
We could with UEFA Cup and then still be the champions of Europe, if we win the European Supercup.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
^ Eh NO. Winning the UEFA Cup proves nothing except you are a crappy club that enjoyed a long trip across Europe. Super Cup isn't even worth the scrap value of the metal its made from.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Tsar said:
^ Eh NO. Winning the UEFA Cup proves nothing except you are a crappy club that enjoyed a long trip across Europe. Super Cup isn't even worth the scrap value of the metal its made from.

im not sure how an inter fan would know what a european trophy is or isnt worth. :conf:

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
You've got to be in it to win it. Enjoy playing Motherwell.

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
I think Tsar is pissed off because he wants his UEFA Cup back, because that's pretty much the last international trophy he knows.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This tsar is a cheap talk.

and Riccardo,i love your sig,man!!!

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kuzimoto said:
This tsar is a cheap talk.

and Riccardo,i love your sig,man!!!

Thanks man. It had to be done

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
UEFA Cup To Be Re-Branded
The UEFA Cup is set to undergo re-branding in a bid to raise the competition’s status, according to Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

* »Comments
* Print This Story
* Send To A Friend
* Contact Us

UEFA Cup To Be Re-Branded
galleria zoom

The tournament has suffered in the shadows of club football’s richest prize since the Champions League superseded the European Cup, and Rummingge deems it necessary to alter the competition’s image in order to boost exposure.

The ex-German international is part of the nascent European Club Association, a 15-person body with the goal of boosting the UEFA Cup to pre-Champions League levels, and replacing the now defunct G-14. The 52-year-old is tipped to become the ECA’s chairman.

At today’s meeting of the delegates, the details of UEFA’s re-branding exercise were made prematurely public.

Europe’s governing body had pencilled in the 2009/10 season for a shift in the UEFA Cup’s profile, but Rummigge jumped the gun, to the alleged chagrin of UEFA chiefs.

He told the press: "I believe we have to change the branding in order to increase the prize money and make the competition more interesting for the participating clubs.

“Everyone has always had the impression that the UEFA Cup is a second-class competition and we have to do more to make it more like it was 15 or 20 years ago in terms of importance."

An announcement with regard to the future of the tournament was scheduled by UEFA for September’s executive committee meeting in Bordeaux.

Also present was embattled Liverpool chief Rick Parry, who was named as a member of the ECA board along with Peter Kenyon of Chelsea. According to Parry, the new organisation had ‘greater credibility’ than its predecessor.

He said: "We wanted a proper say in the issues that affect us most and it is vitally important that there is an English voice. This body has far greater credibility than G14, both with fellow clubs and UEFA, because it was always seen as an elite group. Now we have clubs with widely diverging interests."

The body will have a significant say over the future of European football, with the continent’s top clubs using the ECA to voice its concerns.

Peter Staunton

Schedule