Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Just woke up... Anyone watched clippers game? What happened there?

they came out flat. Dwight played well. Never really got into it after.

Not that it means shit, but in 3 series wins in CP/Blake era, they've never won in les than 7 games

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
#HipsterThoughts

AS GSW gets bigger, and all the bandwagoners jump on... I’m kinda jealous of memphis. They remind me of what it was like at warriors games..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if you all didn't know about kerr one of his most unique attributes is fact he's able to relate to players of all backgrounds...

It's really interesting: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...warriors-steve-kerr-tough-enough-nba-coaching

It is a quirk of a 49-year-old rookie coach whose entire basketball career has been uncommon. Kerr, who looks like a native Californian, was born in Lebanon and grew up in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East. His father was an academic scholar of the Arab world who was serving as the president of the American University of Beirut when he was killed in 1984.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/steve-kerrs-peculiar-playbook-1431456522

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Unless lebron hulks up real bad, it's GSW's to lose. Clippers unfortunately will have to rely on redick and Barnes who are not championship material.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Unless lebron hulks up real bad, it's GSW's to lose. Clippers unfortunately will have to rely on redick and Barnes who are not championship material.

redick is awesome.

Underrate because of other names but dude avg 17 points last 2 seasons, and hits 3s at a highe rate than anyone not named Curry or Korver.

in many ways i like him more than Korver cause he can handle the ball, drive, run pick and roll. He had 1 bad shooting game but in general he's incredibly underrated and vital.

He's not a bad defender either. Not a stopper but not a liability.

-

GSW has owned LAC when Bogut plays (6-1 over 2 seasons) but LAC has taken it to another level.

Assuming it happens (fingers crossed) no way series is less than 6. Clippers are good. They both match up well

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Here's an excellent piece on how Redick was hugely impactful in game 1 w/o CP3

"J.J. was all over the court tonight and I would hate guarding a player like that because it seems like he never stops moving," Griffin said. "If you do that, you will end up getting shots and good looks."

I completely agree... guys who are always moving off screens create space and throw defenses in a wack even if you don't see em score. Also guarding them sucks, you get tired as hell.

Ray Allen and Reggie miller did this.

Korver, Klay do it now. Steph does it a little tho he's on ball a lot (he played both roles). Danny Green did this a lot for spurs.

For CP3 and blake, having Redick as an outside threat keeping a defender around him is a weapon. Off ball threat, and having shooters is vital for spacing and beaking shit down.

-

Not that it's completely important but StatVU tracks players gravitational pull. IE how far out do guys pull shooters, outta defense, out of the pain. How far.
1. Curry
2. Korver
3. Klay
4. Durant
5. Redick

compare it to say guys who can't shoot where guys sag allll day inside on them, crowd paint and make it impossible to get easy baskets

Last edited:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah but can you rely on him bringing it in 4-5 games in a series? I don't think so.

Unless he hit 5-6 every game, I can't see them past GSW. ( Only other way would be for Blake to go mental, which again I don't expect.)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
East was already weak but with all the injuries i can't see any of them winning it all.

Gonna be GSw, LAC or Memphis

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah but can you rely on him bringing it in 4-5 games in a series? I don't think so.

Unless he hit 5-6 every game, I can't see them past GSW. ( Only other way would be for Blake to go mental, which again I don't expect.)

but they don't need him to.

He's not Klay who's our #2 scorer. CP3 and Blake provide majority of offense. DeAndre finishes a shitton inside. He needs to provide 12-20 points, and space. Depending.

There's also Crawford.

Clippers bigger issue, which spurs were 1 shot away from exploiting.... is depth. They have to play the main guys 42+ mins. It fatigues them.

You saw how it cost them. Still think if Spurs had a healthy Tony Parker (if he exists) they woulda won. But he wasn't and he was god awful. Even w/ how awful he was they still nearly did it cause of duncan, kawhi and excellent depth

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Depth is exactly why I think he has to provide at least 15+ per game. Can't see that happening.

Dpeth will cost them eventually though, can't expect Austin and Crawford to be that good.

They're gonna lose in WCF thinking Doc did a good job, but Doc the GM def. cost them maybe as much as a title.

p.s. Spurs would beat them with a healthy and functioning Tiago and some hunger, I'm used to Parker disappearing in big games.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A superstar is born, Al Horford finally stepping up and showing his worth.

He is so unselfish, but that needs to change. Bud has to unleash him for the rest of the playoffs.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
A superstar is born, Al Horford finally stepping up and showing his worth.

He is so unselfish, but that needs to change. Bud has to unleash him for the rest of the playoffs.

horford's been a star for a while.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
MY GOD
CE-Eo1GUMAAmm-q.png:large

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lots of big dicks on that pic.

Lebron has been the only 100% reliable force in NBA come post season since 2012, He's actually underrated, which is so rare for a player of his caliber. Probably the only one to be underrated.

BTW Starters would be a great show if their lead guy's voice wasn't so annoying.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lots of big dicks on that pic.

Lebron has been the only 100% reliable force in NBA come post season since 2012, He's actually underrated, which is so rare for a player of his caliber. Probably the only one to be underrated.

BTW Starters would be a great show if their lead guy's voice wasn't so annoying.

i mean he was pretty monstrous before. 90% of his teams were godawful tho

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd say that, but the usual LeBron hater would bring up 2011 vs. Mavs, so that's why I went with 2012. There's no denying his utter dominance after that.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Epic choke job by the clippers. Getting rekt with Harden in the bench and josh smith lightening them up.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Might as well give the trophy to GSW right now, because there's absolutely no point in the rest of the playoffs.

After a kickass regular season, playoffs proved to be extremely flat.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Somehow Corey Brewer turned into Kawhi leonard in the 4th Q

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The story from Kobe skills camp at beginning is pretty cool:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atlanta making ECF, They are indeed mini-Spurs, specially Carrol who's playing exactly like Kwahi.

I wish the find a wya to beat Cavs, They have the potential but they've shown a lot of inconsistencies in the first two round which they can't afford to do against Cavs.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Zz

Zzzzzzzzzz

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
paul pierce this post season....fucking helllllllllllll :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a fucking legend he is