Lionel Messi Thread

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
from the purest idea to have a thread for Messi it become a place for a f@cking cocaine and drugs discussions.
you guys are something.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
lol. He hasn't learned a new move since the age of 7.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Oh he's good, but the best? Not really, it just shows you how overrated he is when the whole world goes crazy over him destroying an amateur team like Zaragoza.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Oh he's good, but the best? Not really, it just shows you how overrated he is when the whole world goes crazy over him destroying an amateur team like Zaragoza.

Well, he have destroyed other teams as well... ;)

It's really hard to call him overrated right now, 11 goals in 5 games? 25 goals in 24 games?

We have 3 players right now that can call themselves the best player in the world; Messo, CR and Rooney. Almost impossible to tell who is the best, but messis form right now makes him the best in my book.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

Exactly. And he has been marked out on quite a few occasions by the better teams.

Now Ronaldo up until his 1998 final incident. There was the best player the world had ever seen. IMHO.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mind madridista,he's just looking for the attention.
poor boy.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Its doable between him & CR7.
U r acting like Messi is just another good player , he isnt , he is massive same as CR7.
And what team did CR7 destroy ?
They r playin in the same league so how many goal did CR7 score ?
How many hatrick ?
They r playin in the same league & they both have good players around em but Messi is doing a lot better , individually , & his team is still in CL.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
messi is unique player and with rooney this season he is true leader of his team but all that stuff with calling him the best in history is not normal..

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Exactly. And he has been marked out on quite a few occasions by the better teams.

Now Ronaldo up until his 1998 final incident. There was the best player the world had ever seen. IMHO.

better than maradonna/cruyff/van basten/pirlo/ Zidane?!?!?!?!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
U r acting like Messi is just another good player , he isnt , he is massive same as CR7.
How many hatrick ?
They r playin in the same league & they both have good players around em but Messi is doing a lot better , individually , & his team is still in CL.

It's CR9 ... if you like those stupid abbreviations.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How many hatrick ?

MAdridista + Wet ones r underselling Messi, no doubt BUT the one thing I don't agree with is Messi is shoulders above him:

LA Liga + UCL (I am not counting copa del rep and club world cup)
C.Ronaldo 24 games- 22 goals, 5 assists

L.Messi- 31 games, 29 goals, 9 assists

Both are phenomenal but everyone wants to discount fact Ronaldo 1) has been hurt and it hasn't effected him. 2) Came into a brand new team with 6 new faces in starting 11 and 3) with all the weight on his shoulders and delivers every game he has played.

On the opposite, messi has had same team (+ ibra) his whole career, particularly same tactic and midfield feeding him. We all know, continuity>all in football.

Messi is great and more exciting to watch but for me it's a no brainer on who i'd want more...(hint: The unstoppable force who wears alot more hair gel)

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
better than maradonna/cruyff/van basten/pirlo/ Zidane?!?!?!?!

For me, yes. I have not seen that combination of ball control, speed, power, dribbling, intelligence etc. in ONE player. EVER.

He's had a ton of assists as well but it goes unnoticed because his goal scoring record is ridiculous. Plus the fact that he's been one of the top scorers in every single league he has ever played in. And if you look at most of his goals, he almost always wrong foots the keeper. And I don't think there's ever been a strike partner he's not adjusted to.

The guy was phenomenal.

How many hatrick ?

Messi 24 games / 25 goals (league) - 7 games / 4 goals (UCL)
CR 18 games / 15 goals (league) - 6 games / 7 goals (UCL)

But here's the thing. Messi has been playing with this team, in this league, for over 5 years. CR has come into a new league and is playing for a team that has a bulk of the players playing with each other for the first time. New coach as well. New everything for him in fact.

For me, CR >>>> Messi

Better freekicker. Better header. Can use both feet equally well. Stronger. Apart from being able to tackle, he's as complete as they get.

Edit: Took so long to finish this Milano already came up with something similar :D

Last edited:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CR also has guy like Higuain next to him who was a force last season and this season scored 20 goals from 21 game in la liga...CR in Real Madrid doesn't look like a guy who needs & wants to be top scorer in team, top scorer in la liga...i'm not saying Messi looks like he wants to but Real with Higuain have one option more and in Barcelona these days is everything about Messi so it's not weird that he scored so many goals.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
5ymfnv9.png

LEFT: Messi @ the age of 17
RIGHT: Messi @ the age of 21

Gimme them hormonez!

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
How many goals Messi scored doesn't prove anything. If we go by that then Higuain is the second best player in the world. I just find it laughable that it took a hattrick against some minnows for people to start hailing Messi as the best in the world or even the best ever. But when Ronaldinho destroyed Siena people were like oh theyre crap. Messi will never be as good as Ronaldinho and right now Cristiano Ronaldo is miles better than that little gnome. And so are several other players.

Messi with Argentina=proof hes OVERRATED.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Heres how he really looked around 16 or something:

Young-Messi-Just-Football.jpg

Maybe 14 is more accurate.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

But here's the thing. Messi has been playing with this team, in this league, for over 5 years. CR has come into a new league and is playing for a team that has a bulk of the players playing with each other for the first time. New coach as well. New everything for him in fact.

For me, CR >>>> Messi

Better freekicker. Better header. Can use both feet equally well. Stronger. Apart from being able to tackle, he's as complete as they get.

Cristiano Ronaldo has been taking Free Kicks and PK's aswell, Messi has taken a few I think, I may be wrong, but Ibra has been taking the majority of the PK's at least.

I don't really buy the whole, Cristiano Ronaldo is more complete than Messi thus a better player either. Maradona wasn't particularly complete, neither was Zidane the slowpoke and neither is Messi. Still Messi is so good at dribbling that it just makes him that good. Really the best dribbler since Maradona easily. Then you have guys like Weah, who's a great player, Strong, big pretty fast as well, great technique, actually a complete forward, but would you really say he's better than less complete players like Maradona or even Ronaldo.

To me Messi is just head over heals above Cristiano Ronaldo, and he's even younger. Anyways, I think both of them needs to step up for their national teams, since they're both to anonymous for Portugal and Argentina, which both a teams that really should be able to win it big.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For me, yes. I have not seen that combination of ball control, speed, power, dribbling, intelligence etc. in ONE player. EVER.

He's had a ton of assists as well but it goes unnoticed because his goal scoring record is ridiculous. Plus the fact that he's been one of the top scorers in every single league he has ever played in. And if you look at most of his goals, he almost always wrong foots the keeper. And I don't think there's ever been a strike partner he's not adjusted to.

The guy was phenomenal.

For me, CR >>>> Messi

Edit: Took so long to finish this Milano already came up with something similar :D

MAdridista + Wet ones r underselling Messi, no doubt BUT the one thing I don't agree with is Messi is shoulders above him:

LA Liga + UCL (I am not counting copa del rep and club world cup)
C.Ronaldo 24 games- 22 goals, 5 assists

L.Messi- 31 games, 29 goals, 9 assists

Both are phenomenal but everyone wants to discount fact Ronaldo 1) has been hurt and it hasn't effected him. 2) Came into a brand new team with 6 new faces in starting 11 and 3) with all the weight on his shoulders and delivers every game he has played.

On the opposite, messi has had same team (+ ibra) his whole career, particularly same tactic and midfield feeding him. We all know, continuity>all in football.

Messi is great and more exciting to watch but for me it's a no brainer on who i'd want more...(hint: The unstoppable force who wears alot more hair gel)
Am not saying Messi is better but rather saying they r very close , #1 & #2 it can go both ways.
So my discussion isnt about that but rather how some making CR >>>>>> Messi who is just a good player playing with a great team.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Heres how he really looked around 16 or something:

Young-Messi-Just-Football.jpg

Maybe 14 is more accurate.

Lego hair.

I think I'll go with what Gullit said, "C.Ronaldo is a complete footballer, Messi is fun to watch". If there was ever a choice to who bring to Milan (hahahaha) it would be C. Ronaldo.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
How many goals Messi scored doesn't prove anything. If we go by that then Higuain is the second best player in the world. I just find it laughable that it took a hattrick against some minnows for people to start hailing Messi as the best in the world or even the best ever. But when Ronaldinho destroyed Siena people were like oh theyre crap. Messi will never be as good as Ronaldinho and right now Cristiano Ronaldo is miles better than that little gnome. And so are several other players.

Messi with Argentina=proof hes OVERRATED.

ronaldo with portugal=proof hes OVERRATED.
see how stupid that is,they are both great players but messi is better was last year and is this year.

as for his hatrick he scored a hatrick against valencia aswell,just give it a rest man,ur a madrid fan u hate barca and its players but give respect where its due.

i hate inter but i respect zanetti.and when barca needed someone to step up for them when in difficulty it has been messi, he did it last week when zaragoza scored there 2nd,straight from the kick off when down the flank passed 3 players and got a penalty.

u would rather ronaldo in ur team and i would rather messi,its ur opinion and ur entitled to it, but give respect where its due.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ronaldo with portugal=proof hes OVERRATED.
see how stupid that is,they are both great players but messi is better was last year and is this year.

as for his hatrick he scored a hatrick against valencia aswell,just give it a rest man,ur a madrid fan u hate barca and its players but give respect where its due.

i hate inter but i respect zanetti.and when barca needed someone to step up for them when in difficulty it has been messi, he did it last week when zaragoza scored there 2nd,straight from the kick off when down the flank passed 3 players and got a penalty.

u would rather ronaldo in ur team and i would rather messi,its ur opinion and ur entitled to it, but give respect where its due.
:star:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lego hair.

I think I'll go with what Gullit said, "C.Ronaldo is a complete footballer, Messi is fun to watch". If there was ever a choice to who bring to Milan (hahahaha) it would be C. Ronaldo.

:tongue:

berlusconi_cristiano_ronaldo.JPG

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Am not saying Messi is better but rather saying they r very close , #1 & #2 it can go both ways.
So my discussion isnt about that but rather how some making CR >>>>>> Messi who is just a good player playing with a great team.

this...

... should be the end of the discussion.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lego hair.

[Massster]

Why one sign when both can we??

Sell:pato 80 mil, borriello 20 mil, pirlo 20 mil, huntelaar 20 mil, gattuso 10 mil, ronaldinho 20 mil, other losers 20 mil

Buy: ronaldo 75 mil, messi 75 mil, handovic 10 mil, neymar 30 mil

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
ronaldo--strasser--hottor--messi
De vito--albertazzi--antonini
Handovic​

Costs no money all at. FU b&g!!!! [/massster]

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

:star:

sorry messi :beer: you are the best in the current generation
but for barca you are behind diego ronaldoooooooooooooooooo and cryuff

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
[Massster]

Why one sign when both can we??

Sell:pato 80 mil, borriello 20 mil, pirlo 20 mil, huntelaar 20 mil, gattuso 10 mil, ronaldinho 20 mil, other losers 20 mil

Buy: ronaldo 75 mil, messi 75 mil, handovic 10 mil, neymar 30 mil

Zigoni
Adiyiah--neymar
ronaldo--strasser--hottor--messi
De vito--albertazzi--antonini
Handovic​

Costs no money all at. FU b&g!!!! [/massster]
That's how a masster thinks :D.

FU