Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
^ small market fan post

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
I've seen kobe at his best in 2010, not as impressive as lebron 2012 or MJ back in the day. not even close to MJ.

The league was devoid of elite talent back then. D Wade was just as good but he was wasted on those god awful Heat teams. after 2007 Spurs had an identity crisis before they found out a new way to be competitive, they were left with Celtics and Suns.

Kobe's main nemesis was pre prime LeBron and probably Paul Pierce. He was a second option in the first 3 rings.

I have Timmy, Shaq and LeBron ahead of him o after Jordan era. wouldn't mind KG and Dirk ahead of him either.

Last edited:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Duncan = most boring player of all time. Fundamental to the point of being robotic....passes when he should, shoots when he should, takes it inside when he should
:sleep:.

Nothing about his game startles you.
@ Madridsta the most 3 pointers I ever hit in a row was 8

Led a team to a title before Kobe and after, and even if he retires this year it wasn't because the team needs him to.

Maybe you never set foot in a gym but to protect the rim as good as or better than freak athletes like DeAndre without even jumping and on one good leg is God level talent.

It says enough that almost no one talks about Timmy as if he's in the dawn of his glorious career. He's still a serious star in this league who has a realistic shot at getting that 6th ring.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Led a team to a title before Kobe and after, and even if he retires this year it wasn't because the team needs him to.

Maybe you never set foot in a gym but to protect the rim as good as or better than freak athletes like DeAndre without even jumping and on one good leg is God level talent.

It says enough that almost no one talks about Timmy as if he's in the dawn of his glorious career. He's still a serious star in this league who has a realistic shot at getting that 6th ring.

Duncan's longevity is only eclipsed by Kareem.

Even then it's basically a wash at this point.

Only two players to play at a high level this late into their careers.

And ppl forget how dominant young duncan was. 25/18 in playoffs multiple times. While being leagues best defender. Such an intelligent player and winner

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
wow paul george finally had a bad game

he is outrageous this seaon..so so sick

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Your market...

Small market.

Especially in. This sport.

Tiny history.

Nah, you're just ignorant.

Longer history than Chicago or San Antonio. These are just facts. Sorry. Go back to trolling the anime thread

Original NBA franchise. Won FIRST nba title. 4 titles total. Only eclipsed by SAS (5), Chi (6),LA (16), Boston (17).

Original NBA teams:
Warriors
Knicks
Celtics
Lakers
And some de-funk franchises

Pistons and Royals (became sac kings) joined 2 year later

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Game recognize game

CVZZCrwW4AAnd3U.jpg:large

Lebron is so pissed. He's about to ban his team from using social media :lol:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nah, you're just ignorant.

Longer history than Chicago or San Antonio. These are just facts. Sorry. Go back to trolling the anime thread

Original NBA franchise. Won FIRST nba title. 4 titles total. Only eclipsed by SAS (5), Chi (6),LA (16), Boston (17).

Original NBA teams:
Warriors
Knicks
Celtics
Lakers
And some de-funk franchises

Pistons and Royals (became sac kings) joined 2 year later

As you know, I'm from the east bay. Don't tell me about the first NBA title. No one considered GS and the Bay Area anything other than an easy W with flashes of entertainment within run TMC until the iPhone 6 came out a couple of years ago.

The NBA's 'history' is nothing like a Cooperstown type of heritage and people now actually downplay the achievements back then

Don't tell me that GS or the bay impacted the sport nearly as much as the lakers or the Celtics or the Bulls...

You're... No.. We ... are from a small, small market from a historical and cultural impact.

you're the royals of basketball. Don't shoot the messenger. Just get good with it

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
small market team fan talking about NBA legends... Now that he has one in the making...

Adorable.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Great points that all have nothing to do with his entertainment value. If the stuff you mentioned makes your pussy moist that's fine but it does nothing for mine :o

I'm an Allen Iverson/D.Rose/Steph Curry/R.Quaresma kinda guy :D

Duncan's longevity is only eclipsed by Kareem.

Even then it's basically a wash at this point.

Only two players to play at a high level this late into their careers.

And ppl forget how dominant young duncan was. 25/18 in playoffs multiple times. While being leagues best defender. Such an intelligent player and winner

Kareem and Shaq are far more aggressive and interesting players than Tim. I'd add Hakeem to that list too. I'm not saying better overall, just aesthetically.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Kareem and Shaq are far more aggressive and interesting players than Tim. I'd add Hakeem to that list too. I'm not saying better overall, just aesthetically.

not denying Duncan is somewhat boring. Kareem wasn't that aggressive tho. He's 1 of smartest/most interesting ppl off the court tho. Timmy is just bleh. Still a great tho. That's undeniable

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would lebron care about messi receiving a curry jersey?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Shots inside the paint (minimum 100)

CVafmNxWEAAyfCu.png:large

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Why would lebron care about messi receiving a curry jersey?

doesn't but he has paranioa

5. Best team -- not named Golden State -- of the first month?

Windhorst: Cavs. LeBron James has been disappointed with their inconsistency and even called a players-only meeting after a loss in Toronto this week. He's got a full-blown case of Warriors paranoia, just like the Clippers, and is worried as he compares his team.

He's been doing dumb shit like calling team meetings after every loss and instilling dress codes. Everyone near him comments he's paranoid by them.

sidenote: Excellent aricle n LBJ from SI. JEnkins does best long form pieces: http://www.si.com/nba/2015/12/01/le...valiers-kobe-bryant-stephen-curry-dwyane-wade

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
One last Curry thing. Comparing Steph Curry's year to 2 best players I've seen in their best season:
CVUzqehUYAAcC6W.png:large

They're all same age by the way. LBJ turned 28 end of dec of that season, MJ turned 28 in feb of that season, Curry will turn 28 in feb.

I'm not saying Steph is as good as prime MJ or LBJ, but he's opened this season playing as dominant than their peak years, and that's undeniable. He's playing some historic ball on all facets. Only player who's scored his many points per minute is wilt.

Whats interesting besides age. LBJ was year 2 in mia, first title year. MJ year 2 under Phil, first title. This is steph's year 2 w/ Kerr. There are a lot of similarities of the unique talent put under right coach/system to make it truly shine between the 3. All 3 required a coach thinking outside the box and designing something in an unconventional way around them.

BTW LBJ still hasn't come close to reaching Miami form. Part of it's due to age. But part of it's having a system which maximizes his unique versatility and the team. Similar to other greats

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No one cares about the golden state warriors

Most people think they are a roller derby team

Hand to God

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
1 dunk?? Sell :o

:lol::lol::lol:

Im so tired of reading rows and rows of stats about how efficient Curry is... great, he has a magnificent true shooting percentage or whatever it is... let him win a couple of rings, also get some DPOY or at least first defensive team before we can call him great... KD is better than Curry imo

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Im so tired of reading rows and rows of stats about how efficient Curry is... great, he has a magnificent true shooting percentage or whatever it is... let him win a couple of rings, also get some DPOY or at least first defensive team before we can call him great... KD is better than Curry imo

what dont you get? He's having single greatest scoring season of all time.

His team has legit shot to top jordan bulls

We've literally never seen a top scorer do it the way he is. OBVIOUSLY ITS THE ONLY THING WORTH TALKING ABOUT IN NBA BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN HISTORIC

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
wait did you really say he needs to win multiple rngs, and first team defense LIKE KEVIN DURANT?

lollll

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
the Oklahoma City... Thunder

The udinese of the NBA....

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
wait did you really say he needs to win multiple rngs, and first team defense LIKE KEVIN DURANT?

lollll

lol youre so stupid. I said he needs multiple rings and first team defense to be considered all time great in the ranks of Jordan, Kobe, Bird and everybody else (like you and rest of currytards claim he is). he hasn't, neither has Durant. so we can compare him to Durant. and Durant is better as individual, because hes a better defender. lol

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

I'm kidding obviously
I absolutely do not get your not rating of Curry.
His dribbling is insane, as is his shooting....under a fuckload of pressure.
Do you prefer guys who have a better inside game?
Do you want him take it to the rim instead of pull up and shoot?
Do you want to see him block more shots etc?
Do you have something against shooters?
I don't get it :conf:

:D:thumbsup:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm kidding obviously
I absolutely do not get your not rating of Curry.
His dribbling is insane, as is his shooting....under a fuckload of pressure.
Do you prefer guys who have a better inside game?
Do you want him take it to the rim instead of pull up and shoot?
Do you want to see him block more shots etc?
Do you have something against shooters?
I don't get it :conf:

lol none of that. Hes just too automatic, plays by the book too much. I like players who play from the gut, with a more dgaf attitude. hes the posterboy of metrics and efficiency, which I think is taking away from the charm of the game. too much moneyball atmosphere in basketball nowadays, its not romantic as before.

And I just remembered: he doesn't have a finals MVP either, Igoudala won it lol, and here senatore is telling me stories about how GS will go where Curry takes them. they are the perfect TEAM

Last edited:

Schedule