The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I remember when we signed Duarte, reading in Reddit, a Brazilian guy said “I can’t get how Milan sold Gomez who has become a beast in our league, and are signing Duarte who had an average season”

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I remember when we signed Duarte, reading in Reddit, a Brazilian guy said ?I can?t get how Milan sold Gomez who has become a beast in our league, and are signing Duarte who had an average season?

Serginho clearly has some dirty-dirty on management :o

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Duarte is garbage

It would be understandable to cut him some slack if he gave any hints at all that he could turn out to be a decent player in any of his games but he hasnt.

This will be the one negative Maldini has in all his player transfers.

Heres to hoping Mussachio gets back to fitness as soon as possible because we will need him till January.

Regardless, a new CB is a must.

Strength, speed and height - none of our existing CB options possess this atm.

Didnt watch the Juve game but according to whoscored Mykolenko was Kiev's best defender and second best player. So who knows. Wouldnt mind him as it seems that he can play both CB and LB.

If Kabak can be had, he would be a good option as it kills two birds with one stone (CB and LB)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Duarte is garbage

It would be understandable to cut him some slack if he gave any hints at all that he could turn out to be a decent player in any of his games but he hasnt.

This will be the one negative Maldini has in all his player transfers.

Heres to hoping Mussachio gets back to fitness as soon as possible because we will need him till January.

Regardless, a new CB is a must.

Strength, speed and height - none of our existing CB options possess this atm.

Didnt watch the Juve game but according to whoscored Mykolenko was Kiev's best defender and second best player. So who knows. Wouldnt mind him as it seems that he can play both CB and LB.

If Kabak can be had, he would be a good option as it kills two birds with one stone (CB and LB)

Don't write off Duarte., yet. You haven't seen him play for a long time and he hasn't made catastrophic mistakes.

I thought he was garbage as well. We can't conclude his defensive abilities by watching YouTube but you can tell if a player is fast and strong on YouTube. Tactical awareness can be learned but running fast and physical strength can't be learned. Duarte is actually fast and strong. You can tell by watching YouTube

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
We should do everything to remove Bennacer's €50m release clause which is active for foreign clubs by summer 2021. In today's market he's worth closer to €75-80m.

Maldini negotiated that deal incredibly well. €16m + bonuses, 5-year contract on €1.5m/yr. Only blemish is the release clause.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
True.

Although he's yet to convince me he's defensively good enough for Serie A.

One of the things I like about him though is his ability to drive the ball forward out of defence. Very TS33 esque.

He hasn't convinced me either. That's because he hasn't played long enough. Unlike Mussachio, Mussachio is not good enough. He is like Bonera without red cards.

Duarte is fast and strong. I don't know if he is as fast as Theo but I think he is faster than Kjaer and Roma. We need Kessie's sub badly. We should have taken the loan on Bakayoko. I thought we were going to get Soumare

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Hakimi tested positive

Shouldn't all Milan player be worried? Have they taken any test post Inter?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Still annoyed that we sold Gomez. He looked promising the few games he played but was never really given a proper chance.

Sold him at a loss too.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Theo and Hakimi were practically making out in the derby. Hopefully Theo didnt catch anything.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's not coincidence, a lot of players pull the best performance in the last year of contract, they want to get a better one.

That happens a lot, but I strongly doubt that was the case here.
Hakan worked even harder in the Rino years, where he lacked anything but grit. What has changed is his position and the team's approach. He's not only benefiting from being moved to the centre, but also from Pioli's attacking approach, the high pressure, attacking with numbers and finally having a striker he can 1-2 with.

Kessie is not in his final year of his contract, but he has shown the same type of growth since the change of approach in January.

Ibra and Rebic arrived on very short contracts.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
SportMediaset: It's not excluded that AC Milan try again for Ozan Kabak, Turkish centre-back of Schalke 04.
But, there would be competition from Liverpool, given the serious injury of Van Dijk

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He hasn't convinced me either. That's because he hasn't played long enough. Unlike Mussachio, Mussachio is not good enough. He is like Bonera without red cards.

Duarte is fast and strong. I don't know if he is as fast as Theo but I think he is faster than Kjaer and Roma. We need Kessie's sub badly. We should have taken the loan on Bakayoko. I thought we were going to get Soumare

Duarte's big problem is that he is so behind tactically and generally with his awareness that even if he was as fast as Theo / Prime Thiago Silva (which he isnt) he would still be arriving late and not cutting things out like Kjaer.

Lets see if he can improve as there should be enough chances for games but I am not optimistic as physically I dont see him as being anything special.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:lol::lol: This little bitch...

Diego Laxalt warns Milan: ?Every team have weak points,? ahead of their Europa League meeting on Thursday.

"It will be a complicated and difficult game, It will be beautiful,? Laxalt told Milannews.it.

The Uruguay International joined Celtic on loan from Milan in the summer.

?For me it is a great opportunity. I am doing my best to help the team and my time will come. I hope I can help.?

?Every team has weaknesses,? the 27-year-old says referring to Milan.

?We have to think about us. We prepared the game following the coach. I don?t have to point out how to play the game, we have to follow him.?

?I know them, I?ve been with them, Milan are going through a very positive moment and we will have to do our best to win".

?I?m preparing it as a normal game, in a few days I will be able to reveal what my emotions were".

The Hoops lost the derby against Rangers this past weekend.

?It certainly hurts like any defeat but of course a little more.

?We have a great chance to turn the situation around. We need to be ready, positive and confident.?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
There is joy to watch Laxative with other jersey.

let's see... I think he usually played well against us. Him and Lasagna were some of the guys I only knew because they were annoying vs us

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Wondering if laxalt is referring to himself when he talks about milan weaknesses.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still annoyed that we sold Gomez. He looked promising the few games he played but was never really given a proper chance.

Sold him at a loss too.

Yea and turned around and paid more for Duarte :cry:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember when we signed Duarte, reading in Reddit, a Brazilian guy said ?I can?t get how Milan sold Gomez who has become a beast in our league, and are signing Duarte who had an average season?

Gomez was a beast with Lanus in Argentinean League before coming here as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.