Official: Diogo Dalot Thread

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Somebody gotta do it....

Portuguese defender signs a contract with the Rossoneri club
AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of defender Jos? Diogo Dalot Teixeira on loan from Manchester United FC.

Born in Braga (Portugal) on 18 March 1999, Diogo Dalot came through the youth ranks at FC Porto before making his first-team debut in 2017. During the 2017-18 season, Dalot made 8 appearances and won the Primeira Liga with the Portuguese team. In 2018 he moved to Manchester United where he made 35 appearances, scoring 1 goal.

The defender has chosen to wear jersey number 5.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Meh

Will probably be Theo's backup.

Sure he can play there, but he has only played LB 9 times in his entire career.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Meh

Will probably be Theo's backup.

Sure he can play there, but he has only played LB 9 times in his entire career.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Calabria is not going to play 50 games per season, Dalot will have his chance to play RB.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His defensive game seems to only consist of slide tackles, some of the standing defensive duels where almost comical. He looks like a RW who's being played out of position at RB (which he maybe is, I don't know).

Offensively he looks good, but overall I didn't see an upside to Conti (or possibly even Saele as RB) tonight.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Did you guys see Kjaer talked to Dalot after the game? Kjaer seems giving some advise to him. If Dalot follows the path Theo has taken to learn to improve his game especially his defensive ability, the Portuguese player might impress us.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did you guys see Kjaer talked to Dalot after the game? Kjaer seems giving some advise to him. If Dalot follows the path Theo has taken to learn to improve his game especially his defensive ability, the Portuguese player might impress us.

Theo can do what he does thanks to sublime athleticism.

Dalot looks like he's had one too many injury in comparison.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Theo can do what he does thanks to sublime athleticism.

Dalot looks like he's had one too many injury in comparison.

Ah, didn't know that. At least, it is a loan (even though without option lol).

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Not good imo, looks slow and has Bonera’s face :lol:

I would like to see Kalulu too.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I would like to see Kalulu too.

Of course you would.

After preseason he looked very raw though. You said Tonali was bad but Kalulu has no top level experience and other than pace his defending was questionable vs Serie B sides. He needs his time to grow in Primavera and maybe the odd cameo.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
With some improvement in defence Dalot would take Calabria’s place.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pulsating performance
97da02fbd1a9146f411e5815c1cffefbbf441e5b.gifv

https://www.tiktok.com/@acmilan/video/6889138648093232385

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I liked him better on the left, maybe he profits from having his strong leg on the inside.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
That assist was worldclass

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope there is at least some sort of a gentleman's agreement that a fee could be discussed (but this would be 25+ probably knowing them) after this year as out of all the clubs Man U is the one I do not want us developing players for

Not that we should do that for anyone

But Dalot could be a wildhorse for us and I've said that before. Hes very talented and still only Leao's age.

Even if he didn't start all the time a club like ours should have 3 good fullbacks

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Don't see him as a high motivation to join us, more like a stepping stone in his career.

Man U will grill us in the requested fee even if he wishes to continue here, and that's not the position we most need strength in.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't see him as a high motivation to join us, more like a stepping stone in his career.

Man U will grill us in the requested fee even if he wishes to continue here, and that's not the position we most need strength in.

If we failed (big one) to qualify for CL, it might be true that we are like moving to Milan like stepping stone but we really are in good form now, a CL spot is realistic. He is not loaned to small clubs, here is Milan, still a big club.

If the player is already happy with Milan, the price should be not skyrocket.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he's open to staying. It's not like he's Mancunian or a Manure product
However we've put a moron like Ed Woodward in a win-win situation for once.
If Diogo has a great spell, then they'll recall him or demand a ridiculous fee.

Milan has become like Gasperini's Atalanta, a club where attackers flourish and players get overvalued.
But we're punished rather than rewarded for the market value growth.
Too many of these overperforming players are/were on loan or expiring contracts.
Rebic, Ibra, Hakan, Kessie, Donna, Diaz, Dalot, perhaps Bennacer as well if there's a low clause.

Dalot and Diaz have clearly been useful as stopgaps even if their stay is temporary, however their progress shouldn't come at the expense of Milan-owned players like Hauge or Calabria until we get buyout options.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Hope this guy stays. Hopefully not going back to manure after they kicked him out.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Dalot to MTV: ?If you have a good feeling on the pitch, chances are you will have a good feeling off the pitch as well. I felt very good right from the start here at Milan, I didn't know what it would be like to play with my teammates but I felt at ease and with a lot of confidence. Also in the locker room to talk to everyone especially because we have many young players, we are a young team with guys who always want to work and I really like this kind of mentality, plus they gave me a fantastic welcome. "

On Milan: "When you arrive at a club like this you enter Milanello and see the whole story, the photos of the players who played here, and you start to imagine wanting to be part of that story, you dream that one day there will also be your own photos with future generations who look at you as I now look at Rui Costa, Pirlo and all the others, including Maldini. This is what I believe, and I want to think that all the players who wear this shirt think the same way. For me it is that's how it was, as soon as I arrived I started to imagine and dream of being part of it too ".

On Thursday's cross for Leao: "If you want an example of how I do crosses just look at Quaresma. He is the king of the" Trivela ", the way I do crosses, is something he has been training since I was little. as good as he is at making this technical gesture but every time I play on the left I try to do it a couple of times because it helps me, as I use my favorite foot and I can be more precise. At that moment the ball was in the right position to be hit right. I had a couple of seconds to decide and Leao was in the right position. "

On Leao: "It's easy with him because we understand each other easily, I know he's a player who wants the shovel on the run and I heard his voice. If you watch the replay I didn't even look much in the box to see where he was, I imagined where he would have been and luckily he was in the right place to score ".

On Romagnoli and Kjaer: "Playing with our two power plants gives us a lot of confidence, they are not only two technical leaders, but also on a communication level, they always talk, they want you to always be in the right place. Playing with two power plants that always communicate, especially for a full-back, with them always talking to you, it makes your life a lot easier because sometimes we find ourselves out of position but with their total view of the pitch from behind they can see every player. It's great to have two central like them that they are good at everything: communication, leadership and play. They are fantastic. "

On the dictates of Pioli: "Even before today's training (yesterday, ed) we had a group conversation, we are all going in the same direction. The coach told us that we must continue thinking about one game at a time, but not we have to relax or be satisfied with what we have done because we know that even with the results achieved we can still improve. We have to keep working on many things and we have to keep motivation high, if we continue like this and stay focused we can do great things this season " .

On Sunday's match: "Udinese are a very well prepared team at a tactical level, they are very dangerous in the counterattack. I think they are the typical Italian team and we will have to be ready, concentrating completely on the opponent, but I think the most important thing is to approach the game in the right way. We will have time to prepare for the game but we know it will be a very tough game on a difficult field against a good team

--

Lovely interview

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Two power plants :lol:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
He is so good, must buy

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
This guy is actually looking very good. If he keeps it up it'll be a nightmare situation for us by the summer :lol:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
If Saels is out for a couple of weeks, I think it might be possible to see this guy at RW at some point ?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
If Saels is out for a couple of weeks, I think it might be possible to see this guy at RW at some point ?

nah, we got Samu/Diaz/Hauge

Schedule