AC Milan - Champions League 2011/2012

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This thread is all about Milans chance to win the Champions League and what they need to do to improve their chances.

Also once the CL starts we can analyze each one of Milans matches. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
This thread is all about Milans chance to win the Champions League and what they need to do to improve their chances.

Also once the CL starts we can analyze each one of Milans matches. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Silvio my home,

please spend money so we win the champions league.

Sincerely, everyone on this fourm. :o

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
after watching this el classico........ we have no chance.

I seriously thought we where looking good, but after watching the pace, skill and flair or barca and madrid, with out a proper midfield, I cant see us beating either of them.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Odds are 50-50, either we win or we dont.

Smart post. :star:

I dont understand why they taking us down.. just because Barca x Real are playing..

And our chances are bigger if Udinese beats Arsenal(is hard).. coz we would be head of the group instead of Arsenal.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
are draws possible in the final ?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I have faith in Allegri.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
As long as we dont have our arab owner we wont have a chance.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Silvio berlusconi means there is always guarantee :o

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, I've seen it these last 3 years.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Smart post. :star:

I dont understand why they taking us down.. just because Barca x Real are playing..

And our chances are bigger if Udinese beats Arsenal(is hard).. coz we would be head of the group instead of Arsenal.

:thumbsup:
i think its mostly the younger guys...reading lots of articles online.

Silvio berlusconi means there is always guarantee :o

;)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i really, really, really, really really hope we face barcelona in the QF or semis

preferably semis.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
i really, really, really, really really hope we face barcelona in the QF or semis

preferably semis.

:star:

I want to see Puyol's face after we show the world what a ridiculous team they are.

Max will win us the CL sooner or later, so I am serene :cool:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
There should be no more excuses after failing short in the last 3 CL that we participated and to rub it, losing to 3 EPL clubs. Last year's excuse was not having MvBommel, Cassano and Emmanuelson for the competition although I doubt even if they participated we would go far although we would surely beat Spurs then.

One of the major catalyst in our last season drive near the end was Seedorf's sudden performance improvement after the horrible display vs Spurs. Remains to be seen if he can do it again this season but if the Super Copa game (at least the replay that I watched) was an indication, he could proof decisive. We also need Ibra to deliver big time and shed off his reputation as CL choker.

I don't think we have enough to challenge the likes of Barca, Real or even ManUnited (Chelsea is still unknown while Arsenal will be a lot less stronger with Fabregas out) for the tittle. Anything less than the SF is a failure, although to be honest after 3 CL second round exits, I'd be happy enough if we can qualify to the QF.

Aside from us, who I want to win? Barca wins meaning finally having a club repeating our feat of winning in back-to-back, that I don't want to see (been sweating and relieved each time the defending champion is knocked out every season since 90/91 edition), not to mention they will equal Milan feat of winning it 5 times in the last 25 years (and got the CL Badge of Honor too). Real Madrid means seeing Mourinho gloating the feat of becoming the only coach to win it with 3 different clubs. So I guess, I'd settle for Man United.

Really crazy prediction : Napoli to win it :D

Edit : where will the final be played?

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There should be no more excuses after failing short in the last 3 CL that we participated and to rub it, losing to 3 EPL clubs. Last year's excuse was not having MvBommel, Cassano and Emmanuelson for the competition although I doubt even if they participated we would go far although we would surely beat Spurs then.

One of the major catalyst in our last season drive near the end was Seedorf's sudden performance improvement after the horrible display vs Spurs. Remains to be seen if he can do it again this season but if the Super Copa game (at least the replay that I watched) was an indication, he could proof decisive. We also need Ibra to deliver big time and shed off his reputation as CL choker.

I don't think we have enough to challenge the likes of Barca, Real or even ManUnited (Chelsea is still unknown while Arsenal will be a lot less stronger with Fabregas out) for the tittle. Anything less than the SF is a failure, although to be honest after 3 CL second round exits, I'd be happy enough if we can qualify to the QF.

Aside from us, who I want to win? Barca wins meaning finally having a club repeating our feat of winning in back-to-back, that I don't want to see (been sweating and relieved each time the defending champion is knocked out every season since 90/91 edition), not to mention they will equal Milan feat of winning it 5 times in the last 25 years (and got the CL Badge of Honor too). Real Madrid means seeing Mourinho gloating the feat of becoming the only coach to win it with 3 different clubs. So I guess, I'd settle for Man United.

Allianz Arena

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
There should be no more excuses after failing short in the last 3 CL

I don't think we have enough to challenge the likes of Barca, Real or even ManUnited

Agree with both ideas. We have to pass that English curse in the first k/o round and at least get into the quarters. We would be underdogs against those three but man I'd love to see a double against one of them. I have faith in Allegri.

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
Odds are 50-50, either we win or we dont.

hows that odds, considering there are 32 participants, our initial chance is 1/32

after watching this el classico........ we have no chance.

I seriously thought we where looking good, but after watching the pace, skill and flair or barca and madrid, with out a proper midfield, I cant see us beating either of them.

so you are ruling out Milan, by watching two other teams play :)

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
:thumbsup:
i think its mostly the younger guys...reading lots of articles online.

Yeah.

i do believe we have a chance.. plus our defense is much better now than in a few years ago.. if we dont take goals at home.. and ibrahimovic/cassano decide to play a bit scoring just a away goal.. we gonna reach atleast semi.

We need support udinese against arsenal.. so we dont need to face barça, real, manu, bayern, inter in the group stage.

:)

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think that AC Milan are one of those teams that you can never count out, even though Barca and Real seem very impressive they still did not play a team like ours. 2 years ago Real Madrid just finished signing Cristiano and our best player Kaka and we beat them and tied in the CL even thought we shouldve won both games, we did this without even signing any significant players.

If Berlusconi really wants to win CL then we will win, if we don't sign a star in summer we will in January

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so you are ruling out Milan, by watching two other teams play :)

Yes, because with our midfield being over run, no matter how good we know silva and nesta are, madrid/ barca are going to get chances, and probably a lot of them.

Again, without a midfield to keep the ball and feed the strikers, how are Ibra and Pato going to influence the game? In all odds, without new signings, our mid will be gattuso, van bommel, seedorf. Good enough to win CL...... I cant see it.

I know that theres always a chance, but without a stronger midfield, how can we compete with those two teams realistically?

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
edit

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Ibrahimovic decides not to choke in the Champions League the first time in his life and actually prove people wrong this year then we will be very succesful in the Champions League!!