Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Some intresting political updates which would see B back in power in Italy.

Italy's Government Poised to Fall
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2008 By JEFF ISRAELY Prime Minister Romano Prodi before addressing lawmakers at Montecitorio hall in Rome, January 17, 2007.
Andreas Solaro / AFP / Getty
Article ToolsPrintEmailReprintsSphereAddThisRSS Romano Prodi has had a long history of taking his political hits, brushing off his blue suit and getting back up for another day. But the former and current Italian Prime Minister may be about to suffer the knockout blow on a career that stretches back to 1978, when the ambitious economics professor became one of the youngest cabinet ministers in the country's history.

After a key centrist ally yanked support this week from the fragile center-left government, Prodi no longer has a working majority in the Italian Senate. By virtually any reckoning in Italy's complex political arithmetic, this should spell government crisis — and, it would seem, the final bell for the 68-year-old pol, who was resurrected after his last fall from power in Rome by becoming president of the European Commission in 1999. When asked by reporters "How's it going?" just before his address to the Italian Parliament on Tuesday, Prodi declared his faith in his own survival skills. "Very well," he said. "I think I can make it this time, too."

We'll see. He may endure a Wednesday evening confidence vote in the Lower House of Parliament, but unless he receives unexpected support in the Senate from the center-right opposition — led by his nemesis, Silvio Berlusconi — it looks like "ciao-ciao" for Prodi. Italian President Giorgio Napolitano could call for immediate elections, or assign a caretaker government to usher in a new electoral law and other much-needed reforms. Most pundits predict that the next national showdown at the polls will feature Berlusconi against Rome's mayor and leader of the newly formed Democratic party, Walter Veltroni. But already Tuesday, Italian dailies were speculating that Prodi would try to fend off Veltroni and take on Berlusconi again.

However the current drama shakes out, the long-term prospects for Italy's political life appear bleak. Since eking out a win in April 2006 over controversial media mogul Berlusconi, Prodi's reign atop a fractious nine-party coalition has been an example of Italy's endemic political paralysis. Prodi has been busy trying to fend off — and recover from — a half-dozen near-crises since taking office 20 months ago, rather than focus on much-needed reforms to the pension and justice systems. Meanwhile, state air carrier Alitalia bleeds money, and its hoped-for merger with Air France-KLM may now be put back on hold as the political class focuses on fighting among itself.

The long-predicted government collapse was triggered last week, when influence-peddling charges were filed against Justice Minister Clemente Mastella and his wife, who is a local politician in the Southern region of Campania. The minister resigned his cabinet post amid dramatic declarations of his love for his wife and family. After a weekend of back-door maneuvering (and reports that he wouldn't take Prodi's calls), Mastella announced his definitive "basta!", saying his party, tiny but crucial, would no longer support the government.

In a characteristically proud and pedantic speech before Parliament on Tuesday, Prodi challenged his fellow politicians to vote him out publicly rather than cut deals behind closed doors. After the speech, Berlusconi ally Gianfranco Fini saw the speech as evidence that the battered Prime Minister was already starting to dust off his suit. "Prodi opened his [next] electoral campaign today," he said. This time, however, there may be no race left to run.

source: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1705913,00.html

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
Maybe that theory from Billy_69 is gonna come true. :tongue:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Personally, I've always thought that Calciopoli had political intensions too. The whole thing exploded just weeks after B. left the PM spot, and Prodi, like it is said in the article, his biggest nemesis, most likely was contacted by Inter (Telecom), the tapes were made public. It was just the perfect moment for Prodi to kick his biggest opponent down (specially since he was back to his president job at Milan). For me that's the reason why it was made public, cause I'm pretty sure it happens in every single league were there's big money around (EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, League 1...mostly, in some leagues in South America it may also happen).

Conspiracy Theory: That said, I'm waiting for Calciopoli II, all those favorable calls Inter has been getting, with Italy going to the Euro (and everyone keeping in mind that the last 2 mayor trophies Italy has won were during big football scandals), and B. returning to the PM position, are just all the setup for Calciopoli II. I don't know how this one will help out Italy though, as Materazzi would be the only player from an involved team (oh well, put Udinese, Fiorentina, maybe Juve again, but it seems were back to goody goody relations with them, so my bet is that this time Roma will be involved). Bring on the chaos.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
if this happens,i would like to see only inter fall down,not juve or roma or any other team,just inter..
and i would like to see their scudetto of `honesty` taken away from them..

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
*Milan*4ever* said:
if this happens,i would like to see only inter fall down,not juve or roma or any other team,just inter..

That would leave a sweet taste on my mouth.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
if anythin'... i want to see both Inter & Roma punished... these were the 2 teams that benefitted from Calciopoli... i'm sure Roma sucked up to Inter & offered a helpin' hand behind the scenes so they wouldn't suffer like the rest...

and for old times sake... throw in Le Zebre to accompany the Giallorossi & Nerazzurri...

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
if anythin'... i want to see both Inter & Roma punished... these were the 2 teams that benefitted from Calciopoli... i'm sure Roma sucked up to Inter & offered a helpin' hand behind the scenes so they wouldn't suffer like the rest

that would be a dream!!!
Maybe it´ll come true....

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
*Milan*4ever* said:

That would be one of the best things ever.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
if anythin'... i want to see both Inter & Roma punished... these were the 2 teams that benefitted from Calciopoli... i'm sure Roma sucked up to Inter & offered a helpin' hand behind the scenes so they wouldn't suffer like the rest...

and for old times sake... throw in Le Zebre to accompany the Giallorossi & Nerazzurri...
i would feel good about that too..but not for long..
seria A wouldn`t be exciting at all anymore..if those 3 teams went down,only milan and maybe fiorentina would be `top clubs`,most of the great players from those 3 clubs would leave italy to play in epl or in la liga,and italian football would be fucked up..as a result we would be fucked too,as players wouldn`t want to play boring games all the time..

on the other hand,if only inter goes down,knowing how loyal most of their players are,we + juve + roma could make our teams stronger by buying them,and it would make seria A more interesting..inter would be fucked up,and italian football would be much better without them,at least for a season or two..

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
*Milan*4ever* said:
i would feel good about that too..but not for long..
seria A wouldn`t be exciting at all anymore..if those 3 teams went down,only milan and maybe fiorentina would be `top clubs`,most of the great players from those 3 clubs would leave italy to play in epl or in la liga,and italian football would be fucked up..as a result we would be fucked too,as players wouldn`t want to play boring games all the time..

on the other hand,if only inter goes down,knowing how loyal most of their players are,we + juve + roma could make our teams stronger by buying them,and it would make seria A more interesting..inter would be fucked up,and italian football would be much better without them,at least for a season or two..

Exactly.. all 3 teams being demoted would be bad for the serie a and ultimately bad for milan... However, just inter being demoted is hysterical and good for everyone (inter fans excluded).

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fair Play Prize

Meanwhile in other news, Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani was in Barcelona last night to pick up a Fair Play prize on behalf of the club.

The Rossoneri received the award during the 60th edition of the 'Great Gala of Sports' organized by the Spanish daily 'El Mundo Deportivo'.

Milan were chosen as the winners due to their conduct during the European Super Cup final against Sevilla on August 31, 2007.
Sevilla player Antonio Puerta had just days earlier died tragically, and Milan’s attitude during the match, especially in dedicating their victory to the player was seen as a beautiful gesture.

Goal.com

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Silvio Berlusconi grasps at return to power

THE perma-tanned tycoon, Silvio Berlusconi, has launched a record fifth bid for the Italian premiership by pledging that his centre-right coalition will cut taxes and stop public prosecutors using telephone taps in corruption inquiries.

Berlusconi, 71, and his followers celebrated in typically flamboyant style, with champagne and car horns hooting through the streets of Rome last week, when Romano Prodi’s government, the 61st since the war, fell after less than two years in office.

Prodi’s coalition collapsed after losing a confidence vote in the Senate, the upper house. His centrist ally, Clemente Mastella, the justice minister, had pulled out of the coalition after he and his wife were linked to a corruption case.

Berlusconi will meet Giorgio Napolitano, the president of Italy, as part of a series of talks between the head of state and political leaders to resolve the crisis. Berlusconi said he will call for early elections which he wants by mid-April.

He said one of the first laws he would push through on regaining power would be to end the use of phone taps, other than in mafia and terrorism cases.

Anyone ordering or carrying out unauthorised telephone intercepts, which he called a violation of privacy, would face a five-year jail sentence. Editors who published them would be fined up to £1.5m.

Telephone taps have played a crucial part in several corruption investigations involving Berlusconi and his powerful media interests. Cases against him have either ended in acquittal or been thrown out when the statute of limitations expired.

Elections will pit Berlusconi, who has twice served as prime minister, against Walter Veltroni, 52, the mayor of Rome, who has taken over the leadership of Prodi’s party and become the standard-bearer for the centre left. Opinion polls give Berlusconi a clear 12-15 point lead over Veltroni, a former communist.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3257057.ece

yeah... Berlusconi to flex his muscles soon... Moratti will be shittin' in his pants...

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
BUON VIAGGIO MAMMA ROSELLA
03/02/2008 14.18.00
La mamma del nostro presidente, Signora Rosella Berlusconi, ci ha lasciati. I suoi figli e tutti i nipoti l'hanno assistita con amore fino all'ultimo respiro.
Si è spenta nella serenità. E tutti i milanisti sono vicini al loro presidente. La mamma di Silvio Berlusconi è sempre stata una presenza discreta e rassicurante in tutte le feste natalizie del Club. E’ anche per questo che, negli attimi in cui si sta ancora compiendo il suo ultimo viaggio, tutti ma proprio tutti i tifosi rossoneri le rivolgono un pensiero commosso e grato.
La Signora Rosella Berlusconi è sempre stata un esempio per il nostro presidente.
Fin dal 1943, la grande crisi, la paura, i bombardamenti, quando il marito, Luigi Berlusconi, dovette riparare in Svizzera salvando la sua vita.
E’ in quel momento che la madre di Silvio Berlusconi si era trovata con due figli piccoli e tutti i giorni doveva arrivare in ufficio molto presto, cosa che la costringeva ad alzarsi alle cinque per prendere la corriera che la portava a Lomazzo, dove trovava il treno delle Ferrovie Nord per Piazzale Cadorna, a Milano. Da lì a piedi fino alla Pirelli. Alla sera, cammino inverso, nel buio. La sua vita era così: ogni giorno avanti e indietro su quella strada, prima con la sua terzogenita in grembo, nel periodo della gravidanza, e poi di fretta alla sera per tornare ad allattarla. E con un ricordo indimenticabile, ovvero quando in treno impedì ad un ufficiale delle SS di portar via una signora ebrea destinata al campo di sterminio. La Signora Rosella non si è mai vantata di quell’episodio ma i suoi figli sono sempre stati orgogliosi di lei.
La signora Rosa, chiamata Rosella sin dagli anni dell’adolescenza ha, oggi che viene salutata in maniera calda ed estrema, dodici nipoti anche se al primo posto nel suo cuore sono sempre rimasti i suoi figli.
La signora Rosella nei suoi ultimi anni è stata una donna piccolina, dritta, curata, attenta, ma anche battagliera. Ha sempre detto ciò che pensa, soprattutto in famiglia.
All’ingresso della sua casa resta il ricordo un bellissimo bassorilievo. Una Madonna col bambino che offre una rosa. È di Pietro Canonica. Lei stessa aveva, alcuni anni fa, raccontato il significato di questa presenza: "Quando ho compiuto settant’anni, Silvio, che era a Parigi, mi ha mandato settanta rose alte come sono alta io. Poi, a mezzanotte, sento suonare il campanello. Era lui, si è scusato dell’ora, mi ha riempito di baci e mi ha portato in casa, aiutato dal suo autista, questa Madonna, pesantissima. Mi ha detto che era stata scolpita nel 1936, l’anno in cui è nato lui, e per questo ha voluto donarmela. ‘Perché questa sei tu e questo sono io che ti offro una rosa’".
E’ la stessa rosa che ci auguriamo possa farLe sempre compagnia nel suo eterno riposo, mamma Rosella.
acmilan.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today the mother of our president Silvio Berlusconi died in her house in Milano at the age of 97.
May she Rest in Peace and may our president get over this sad period in his life. Although she was old to lose a beloved person is always the saddest event which could happen in your life.
Rest in peace MAMA BERLUSCONI :cry: :(

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Rosanna03 said:
Today the mother of our president Silvio Berlusconi died in her house in Milano at the age of 97.
May she Rest in Peace and may our president get over this sad period in his life. Although she was old to lose a beloved person is always the saddest event which could happen in your life.
Rest in peace MAMA BERLUSCONI :cry: :(
R.I.P. Rosa :cry:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
BTW, it's official there's elections in Italy next April, and judging by the info I saw on RAI, Berluska is favorite to win it (specially if there's coalitions).

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
crazy4milan said:
BTW, it's official there's elections in Italy next April, and judging by the info I saw on RAI, Berluska is favorite to win it (specially if there's coalitions).
So Galliani is gonna be again Milan president :conf:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
milanissimo said:
So Galliani is gonna be again Milan president :conf:
No, Ibrahim Ba is.

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Well this is a little f*cked up in my opinion:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=582302

Galliani is so high on the stuff he smokes, he's already planning a Pa-Pa-formation up front. WTF! They already did a number on Pato by declaring his greatness every other day, and now they're beginning the same "attack" on Paloschi.

"People accuse AC Milan of being old but four of the last five goals have been by an 18-year-old."

Fuck this to be honest, I'm getting so sick of G with all these comments on how the team is really young and we're strong as ever.

“With these two guys [Paloschi and Pato] we become the youngest team, we have an evergreen line-up."

And fuck this too. Fuck G. Fuck B. Fuck 'em.

Pardon my french, if you please
:D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Same thing I thought :head: I assume that he is keeping his calculator ever handy so that when someone says what about our prehistoric backline he'll calculate the average of them and our kids :mad:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
grounder said:
Well this is a little f*cked up in my opinion:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=582302

Galliani is so high on the stuff he smokes, he's already planning a Pa-Pa-formation up front. WTF! They already did a number on Pato by declaring his greatness every other day, and now they're beginning the same "attack" on Paloschi.

"People accuse AC Milan of being old but four of the last five goals have been by an 18-year-old."

Fuck this to be honest, I'm getting so sick of G with all these comments on how the team is really young and we're strong as ever.

“With these two guys [Paloschi and Pato] we become the youngest team, we have an evergreen line-up."

And fuck this too. Fuck G. Fuck B. Fuck 'em.

Pardon my french, if you please
:D

Only our backline is really really old. Midfield+attack could use a bit more freshening up but its not the source of our old age. So if he's praising us having two 18 year olds in attack there is nothing wrong with that.

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Pirlo Fan said:
Only our backline is really really old. Midfield+attack could use a bit more freshening up but its not the source of our old age. So if he's praising us having two 18 year olds in attack there is nothing wrong with that.

That is true, but please remember our frontline as well with those two over-30-year olds :)

And there's nothing wrong with praising a young attack, but the way he does it makes it sound a) like Paloschi is going to be in the first squad on numerous occasions and b) like our attacking problems are gone. Maybe it's just me but nearly always when Galliani comments on something he makes it sound like Milan have no problems.

And a little edit here:

Apparently Paloschi is indeed going to play again tomorrow, though some reports that I read implied that he's not going to play again for a while. Good for him I say, we can only hope his streak will continue.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
why blame Berlusconi & Galliani?

Maldini refused to retire... the other oldies saw how he can always get a good retirement deal & just followed numero 3's example...

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Galliani stands by Ronnie Thursday 14 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo has undergone surgery on his damaged knee in Paris and Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has pledged to support the injured star.

El Fenomeno suffered a sickening injury at San Siro last night when he landed awkwardly and severed a tendon in his knee.

While there are fears that the 31-year-old’s career is over, he has been operated on by the same doctor that repaired his other knee in 2000 and there is hope he could return to action within a year.

“I spoke to Ronaldo just before he left for Paris and gave him all our best wishes and reminded him that Milan will be right behind him,” Galliani revealed.

“I think that cheered him up as he seemed a lot less down today.”

Ronaldo’s contract expires in the summer, but the Selecao star had hoped to earn a new one this term. That won’t happen now, but it seems unlikely that the Diavolo will abandon him.

“When you are talking about medical issues I can’t give any predictions and I don’t know how long a recovery will take, but we will be there for him,” Galliani insisted.

“There is great affection from President Silvio Berlusconi and myself towards Ronnie. It was a tragic thing to happen, but now we need to deal with it in the best way possible.

We don’t want such a sad image to be the last we see of Ronaldo on a football pitch. The hope is that he will wear the Milan shirt again as he is perhaps the best player Brazil has produced after Pelè.”

channel4.com

our managment hasn`t been doing well in the transfer market,but when i see something like this i`m really proud of them + the whole team + myself for being a fan of such a great club ( :tongue: )..

maybe it`s just because i`m a fan,but in my opinion there really is something special about this club which sets us apart from all the others.. :star:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I love Berlu and Galliani! :star: