Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Beemer said:
What does that have to do with the topic of the thread? They aren't even mentioned in the article.

But the "fact" that Milan didn't make a bid for Torres is a little related to G&B. At least it sounds logical. And somehow the "no bid"-thing sounds logical too, for two reasons:

a)B&G :D
b)There would have been too much competition for the spot of the striker. Or so people must have thought, before this blast of injuries occurred. And people realized that Gila's not working(goalwise I mean, I'm sure he works his ass off)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Union of wealthy clubs disbands

G-14 union stood up against international federations

DIEGEM, Belgium (AP) -- The world's wealthiest soccer clubs disbanded their G-14 group on Friday, confident they no longer needed it to stand up to the sport's international federations.

The decision came after the G-14's main issue with FIFA and UEFA -- that compensation be paid to clubs for allowing players to join national squads at the World Cup or European Championship -- was settled in an agreement last month.
"We were able to clear all the obstacles and found a form of governance that works," G-14 president and Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas said.

The G-14 group will drop court proceedings against FIFA over compensation for players getting injured on national team duty. It is unclear how the separate court cases of Lyon and Belgian club Sporting Charleroi against FIFA over the same issue will be settled.

Instead of the restricted G-14, club representation has been taken over by the European Club Association, which will have more than 100 members.

"It is the beginning of a new era, an era that will be based on trust," FC Barcelona chairman Joan Laporta said. "The clubs feel they belong to the family of football again."

From aggressive comments when the G-14 was set up in 2000 to the court cases that were abandoned on Friday, the G-14 confronted the traditional bastions of FIFA and UEFA head-on.

The group, which included such juggernauts as Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich and Manchester United, expanded to 18 clubs in 2002 and placed increasing pressure on FIFA and UEFA to give clubs more say in the running of the sport.

One of the key issues for the new ECA now is to expand the compensation deal beyond the finals of major competitions and to all qualifying and exhibition games.

The major clubs also want FIFA and UEFA to change the international match calendar to make more room for their matches.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Glad to see SI on the ball and reporting old news. That happened over a month ago.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Beemer said:
Glad to see SI on the ball and reporting old news. That happened over a month ago.
homer_simpson_doh_01.jpg

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
LOL :D

Galiani should realize that this shows not only how good Pato is, but how inept our current strikers are.

Galliani Pleased With Pato Progress

AC Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani says he is happy with the progress that Alexandre Pato is making, and that the right decision was made in buying him.

The 18-year-old Pato only made his debut for the Rossoneri last month, however he has already scored five goals in just seven Serie A starts, making him the club's third top-scorer for the season.

Pato was on target again last night in Milan's 1-1 draw with Catania, giving his side the lead with a powerful long-shot early in the second-half.

"Pato? He's an extraordinary lad and he scored a great goal," said Galliani.

"I'm very happy we bought this player. Ancelotti is trying to help him find his best position with a lot of good advice."

Milan's draw in Sicily means they drop two points behind Fiorentina in the all-important fourth Champions League position.

"It was a difficult match, but we knew it would be. We played quite well and then we conceded the goal," continued Galliani.

"With a third striker they put us in difficulty and this was the result. The draw was the right result, now we proceed in the battle for fourth place and think about the game against Lazio."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=603290

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Berlu must be the man behind not buying players, or this would be one of the most hypocritical things I've read Galiani saying after not purchasing more players for this year.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=605236

Galliani: We Are Very Tired

Adriano Galliani is the latest Milan figure to express his concern at the tiredness of the squad.

The Rossoneri have been looking very jaded recently, having played a whopping 13 games since the middle of January in order to make up for the matches missed due to their participation in the FIFA Club World Cup in December.

“I am fairly worried, as we are tired and that is because we have played more than anyone else this season,” said general manager Galliani.

“We knew the trip to Japan would cost us. Just look at what we have done since January 13 – we have played something like 13 games in 40 days. It is verging on the impossible.

“We hope to find energy from somewhere to face difficult encounters like Tuesday’s with Arsenal.”

Milan have drawn three of their last four games, and need to improve fast, starting with tonight’s Serie A match with Lazio.

“Delio Rossi’s team is getting back on its feet and paid the price for not being used to the demands of the Champions League,” Galliani warned.

“Preparing for the preliminary round caused a lot of problems, but they have an excellent Coach and great players. They play good football and we will see a different game to the others we’ve had recently.”

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Mr. Anonymous said:
Berlu must be the man behind not buying players, or this would be one of the most hypocritical things I've read Galiani saying after not purchasing more players for this year.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=605236

Galliani: We Are Very Tired

Adriano Galliani is the latest Milan figure to express his concern at the tiredness of the squad.

The Rossoneri have been looking very jaded recently, having played a whopping 13 games since the middle of January in order to make up for the matches missed due to their participation in the FIFA Club World Cup in December.

“I am fairly worried, as we are tired and that is because we have played more than anyone else this season,” said general manager Galliani.

“We knew the trip to Japan would cost us. Just look at what we have done since January 13 – we have played something like 13 games in 40 days. It is verging on the impossible.

“We hope to find energy from somewhere to face difficult encounters like Tuesday’s with Arsenal.”

Milan have drawn three of their last four games, and need to improve fast, starting with tonight’s Serie A match with Lazio.

“Delio Rossi’s team is getting back on its feet and paid the price for not being used to the demands of the Champions League,” Galliani warned.

“Preparing for the preliminary round caused a lot of problems, but they have an excellent Coach and great players. They play good football and we will see a different game to the others we’ve had recently.”
Go to hell baldy :o

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Kyara said:

+1 to that,piss the fuck off old man,go to a ******** clinic or something.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Kyara said:
lets not put all the blame on him..
i`m sure he can still make big players sing for us,it`s just that berlu doesn`t want to spend,and that will hopefully change soon..

here is just one example of what i said,luca toni..
who knows how many things like this have happened so far..

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Milan*4ever* said:
i`m sure he can still make big players sing for us,it`s just that berlu doesn`t want to spend,and that will hopefully change soon..

Alright then. Baldy, please go to hell with Berlu :o

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
*Milan*4ever* said:

I hear what you're saying. (check the the first nine words in my orginal post)

I think with players and even Galiani coming out and saying this, (we're tired) + the rumors that Galiani had Ribery and Toni lined-up to come at the beginning of the season, shifts a lot of the blame on Berlu, and puts some subtle pressure on him to really open up the warchest this summer.

2 or 3 major signings + some young quality depth will come his summer IMO.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mr. Anonymous said:
I hear what you're saying. (check the the first nine words in my orginal post)

I think with players and even Galiani coming out and saying this, (we're tired) + the rumors that Galiani had Ribery and Toni lined-up to come at the beginning of the season, shifts a lot of the blame on Berlu, and puts some subtle pressure on him to really open up the warchest this summer.

If Galliani is not able to convince/persuade Berlu to spend some money with the team's current pathetic bench state, I don't know who would.

Sure, it's Berlu's money & his team, but if his right hand is not able to "open his eyes" as opposed to brain-washing him with statements like "we're world champions" & "our attack is covered" then that means he's doing a poor job.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
^ We have the right team to fight for UEFA Cup.. according to Baldy we are going to win it next year..

I am just reading that Shevchenko is coming to Milan... I would prefer Boriello...

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Thats why I think Ancelotti is a spineless bastard. Berlu and Galliani seem to share the same brain, and that might be the reason why they are 1. thinking the same, and 2. what they are thinking is stupid. Mourinho would have put them to their place if he was here.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Mourinho to put them in their place? shows how little you know about Milan & both Berlusconi & Galliani...

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Ronaldo9 said:
Thats why I think Ancelotti is a spineless bastard. Berlu and Galliani seem to share the same brain, and that might be the reason why they are 1. thinking the same, and 2. what they are thinking is stupid. Mourinho would have put them to their place if he was here.
mourinho would put them in their place??
hahaha...

thanks for the laugh..

milan133

Forza Azzurri ;)
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini. Kaka. Pirlo. Nesta. Buffon. Toni. Cech. Van Persie. Fabregas. Rosicky
I don't think we need a new coach..we just need new talented YOUNG players to refresh the team..Pato alone isn't enough.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Mourinho to put them in their place? shows how little you know about Milan & both Berlusconi & Galliani...
Thats how much you know about Mourinho. :D

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Mr. Anonymous said:
shifts a lot of the blame on Berlu, and puts some subtle pressure on him to really open up the warchest this summer.

When I first started my Milanista-life, I was so f*cking happy about Berlusconi being the president. Not only because at one time he was the PM, but it was a known fact that he had the heart to help the team with his deep, deep pockets(don't know how it is today, but at some point I remember his assets to be estimated at over 1 billion $) and that he'd be willing to use that cash when the time comes.

But the recent years have taught the opposite. Berlu's warchest has remained closed. Though when the team is at 100%, they really are among the worlds best, but a team of this age + "depth" isn't going to be at 100% ever again. Berlu must have said a million prayers before the CL-final last year, so that he could pull out the "European Champions"-card and refuse on rejuvenating the team. And that backfired. Milan's performances have not been as consistent as anybody would have hoped. At one day, we fight a near-impossible victory, and the next we get our asses handed to us by smaller teams in a way which shouldn't be if we really are the best in the world.

The statements Galliani made go really well with all the others the management have made for a long time. I wouldn't say they were excuses, but the fact is that many of these things could have been prevented if our important players had decent backup. So these statements paint a picture of B&G defending their decisions, if the rumors are true, to not acquire those "big" players a team like this needs, but to "trust" the old ones and put them in a crappy situation. With this I mean that the players have surely been under great pressure to perform under great stress, injuries, fatigue and such when there has been no one to take some of the load off their backs.

And to comment on your opinion on the transfers, I'd say scratch one major signing and that quality depth. I just can't trust the management anymore. I could go to such lengths that even if Milan releases a statement concerning a real player transfer, I won't believe it until I see the player on the pitch wearing the colors. And even then I'd have to check if I'm watching the right game :D

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Ronaldo9 said:
U made my day dude
cool.gif

trooperxero

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Pirlo, Reno, Messi, Baros (for the first name obviously!)
he did turn down the england job... he thought he was too good for them? just a show and cry for attention. we dont need that problem as well.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta
menon_inc said:
You mean the guy that got fired and has been out of the job for half a season now? LOL
I think he's been jobless because he wants to be...

His options are limited now...

He knows at the end of the season, depending on the situation, there would be many more options...

Barcelona...Milan...Liverpool...maybe even Juve...

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
shaj said:
I think he's been jobless because he wants to be...

His options are limited now...

He knows at the end of the season, depending on the situation, there would be many more options...

Barcelona...Milan...Liverpool...maybe even Juve...
Milan have already said that they are not an option no matter what.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta
DSM said:
Milan have already said that they are not an option no matter what.
And Milan also said they were not going to sign Emerson coz they had Gourcuff...

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
shaj said:
And Milan also said they were not going to sign Emerson coz they had Gourcuff...

And Milan said that we were going to get a star striker last summer..

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
grounder said:
And Milan said that we were going to get a star striker last summer..

But management said last year that we'd go with the squad that won the Champions League last year.

I'm not saying that they made the right decision but they did there would be no new purchases apart from Pato.

Emerson was just a waste of money. He hasn't been an impact player like Pato. Puma wasn't essential.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Berlu's the best, he says Cassano is talented but not a normal person...but thinks Adriano would be a great fit for Milan. Adriano's not a normal person either, he's getting more trouble than Cassano during his little spell in Sao Paulo. :rolleyes:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=607915

Berlusconi: Adriano Would Be Great At Milan

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi says that troubled Inter striker Adriano would return to the once great player if he joined the Rossoneri.

The Emperor, who is currently on loan at Sao Paulo, has been dogged by personal problems over the past couple of years.

"Adriano is a great player with great physical ability,” said Berlusconi.

“I am convinced that Milan would be the ideal environment for him to return to the Adriano that was at Parma. I hope that this period in Brazil can put him back on the right path, but I think it unlikely the Inter would consent to a sale to Milan.

Inter

The former Italian Prime Minister also spoke about Inter losing their unbeaten league record last night.

"After so many victories it was inevitable,” said Belusconi.

“It is a perfectly normal thing. We know that in football a good percentage is down to luck and they say that sooner or later it runs out.

Cassano

Berlusconi then offered a few words on Antonio Cassano’s sending off yesterday, when the Sampdoria forward went berserk and threw his shirt at the referee.

"What a shame it is to see a talent behave in such a way,” said the President.

“He is such a talent but without the ability to be a normal person. What a shame.”

Ancelotti

Finally Berlusconi rejected rumours that Coach Carlo Ancelotti could be replaced with Marcello Lippi if Milan are knocked out of the Champons League by Arsenal tomorrow night.

"Milan going out of the Champions will not lead Lippi onto the Rossoneri bench. Ancelotti remains, despite the estimates that I have for Marcello Lippi, who I consider a great coach," he concluded.