Franck Kessié Thread

Schedule

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
If somebody is dumb enough to give us 50 millions for him, we should laugh all the way to the bank. Market him to EPL..ASAP.

LOL .. the way you descripted about the market transfer for Kessie is :star:
Actually the only thing I dont like about him that he commits fouls often ..

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I'm sensing a bit of ridiculous uncertainty here but I can't be arsed to look at yer opinions.

There's no doubt when it comes to Kessie. The kid's physically unmatched and his understanding of the game is severely underrated imo. Sure he does missplace passes every now and then but the pass missplaced would've often been a really good one that would actually create a momentum - in contrast to the vast majority of the teams passes.

Basically what he needs to do is to refine his passing and shooting.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Tough to say if he is any better than kucka.

I know you're often a poor attempt to an Edge Lord but Kucka was after all our best mid for big portions of his stay here, not to mention Kessie is 10 years younger.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What bothers me about kessie is how underwhelming his end product has been close to goal. His ability to create space for himself is what makes him special, but he continuously makes the wrong decision at the last second. For how often he bursts forward into great positions, he should have more goals or assists. His passing across goal is especially not good.

Still he's much more than just the disruptive force that kucka was so good at. Kessies athleticism is what makes him so talented and seperates him from others, but he is still a good footballer. Unlike kucka, he actually looks for the ball at his feet, contributes to build up, and can move the ball with his feet out of pressure. In fact that's what bothers me most about his passing near the box. He doesn't have bad ball control and should be better.

I trust him to keep getting better, he's still so young. His haters can gtfo

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What bothers me about kessie is how underwhelming his end product has been close to goal. His ability to create space for himself is what makes him special, but he continuously makes the wrong decision at the last second. For how often he bursts forward into great positions, he should have more goals or assists. His passing across goal is especially not good.

Still he's much more than just the disruptive force that kucka was so good at. Kessies athleticism is what makes him so talented and seperates him from others, but he is still a good footballer. Unlike kucka, he actually looks for the ball at his feet, contributes to build up, and can move the ball with his feet out of pressure. In fact that's what bothers me most about his passing near the box. He doesn't have bad ball control and should be better.

Finally someone who tries to be objective when judging a player. I can agree with all the above.

He is still very young and has a lot of time to improve his end product and decision making.

I can imagine with him being that young he just tends to get nervous when close to goal, it's kind of natural and will get better with him gaining experience.

All in all he is a incredible gifted player who will only get better as time goes on and we're lucky to have him.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I know you're often a poor attempt to an Edge Lord but Kucka was after all our best mid for big portions of his stay here, not to mention Kessie is 10 years younger.

This might be another really edgy opinion, but I expected a quality improvement when we went from a 3 mil player to a 30 mil player. :eek:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
This might be another really edgy opinion, but I expected a quality improvement when we went from a 3 mil player to a 30 mil player. :eek:

Obviously you're missing something as pretty much whole Italy sees Kessie as a good investment. I'll try to not waste any time in trying to explain the basics for you.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Obviously you're missing something as pretty much whole Italy sees Kessie as a good investment. I'll try to not waste any time in trying to explain the basics for you.

1) Why does it remotely matter to me what italy sees?

2) When did I ask for an explanation?

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
1) I'm just saying that when the whole world disagrees with you about something it probably says more about your view than the little something.

Since Kessie only had one year of top-flight football it's reasonable to only take opinions from the country in which he performed in consideration, although he did already get big club suitors from abroad.

2) Since when is every explanation on a message board required to be requested? Are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
1) I'm just saying that when the whole world disagrees with you about something it probably says more about your view than the little something.

Since Kessie only had one year of top-flight football it's reasonable to only take opinions from the country in which he performed in consideration, although he did already get big club suitors from abroad.

2) Since when is every explanation on a message board required to be requested? Are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing?

The world doesn't hold italy or Italian football in high regard .. why should I care about what italy thinks? Their understanding of talent could only be described at best as cursory. These are the same guys that thought 100m+ belotti is their savior when he couldn't even score against a non-entity like Sweden.

Kessie is no different. He had one good season. Milan overpaid. And now they have a 29 year old ivorian kucka costing 10 times.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The world doesn't hold italy or Italian football in high regard .. why should I care about what italy thinks? Their understanding of talent could only be described at best as cursory. These are the same guys that thought 100m+ belotti is their savior when he couldn't even score against a non-entity like Sweden.

Kessie is no different. He had one good season. Milan overpaid. And now they have a 29 year old ivorian kucka costing 10 times.

You accusing him for being 29 years old, because he is from africa and black?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
You accusing him for being 29 years old, because he is from africa and black?

Oh, of course not. :devilcon:

It was probably just a typo where I misclicked 9 instead of 0.

just like the people writing his birth certificate

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No seriously it was jokes and all that at the beginning when we were about to sign him but now it ain’t funny no more... people would never question a player like donnarumma when he looks like he is in his 30’s, but they would suddenly do it with a black african player, even when his real age is proven.

60% of the price we bought him for is for his potential. 40% is for his performances last season. He is an undisputed starter and he is indeed an improvement to kucka last season. (Kucka was poor last season, he was good under miha)..

I will never understand why we sold kucka though

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

Zzz I knew you'd answer exactly in this manner.

You're clearly trolling but I'll answer regardless, who knows what ignoramus might actually agree with you.

The fact that Serie A isn't at its very best thanks to after waves from calciopoli doesn't mean all knowledge that existed within the country, and was highly regarded, vanished.

If anything Italy is (still) known for its footballing knowledge and it's not a fluke that there's at the very least twice as many italian coaches behind EPL winning teams than any other nationality, besides british and a particular welsh man.

Not to mention in european competitions where there are more winning italian coaches than english and german together.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
These are the same guys that thought 100m+ belotti is their savior when he couldn't even score against a non-entity like Sweden.

Are you talking about Cairo alone? In the end it's only him who thought Belotti was worthy that price tag.

Do you argue he didn't deserve to be called up to the national team after his season?

:lol::fp:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Zzz I knew you'd answer exactly in this manner.

You're clearly trolling but I'll answer regardless, who knows what ignoramus might actually agree with you.

The fact that Serie A isn't at its very best thanks to after waves from calciopoli doesn't mean all knowledge that existed within the country, and was highly regarded, vanished.

If anything Italy is (still) known for its footballing knowledge and it's not a fluke that there's at the very least twice as many italian coaches behind EPL winning teams than any other nationality, besides british and a particular welsh man.

Not to mention in european competitions where there are more winning italian coaches than english and german together.

Italian coaches and serie A players with a modicum of skills have been setting sail in a talent drain for years now. And most of the knowledge went with them. That is why when Ancelotti was fired at Madrid and offered a job in beloved Milan and italy he suddenly developed a mysterious back pain. Which was magically fixed when bep left Bayern.

What exists in italy is mostly medieval and out of touch bar juve. This is the same knowledgeable country that hired Ventura to lead the squadra right ? :lol:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Are you talking about Cairo alone? In the end it's only him who thought Belotti was worthy that price tag.

Do you argue he didn't deserve to be called up to the national team after his season?

:lol::fp:

Italy can call up whoever they want. Lol.

It wouldn't make one iota of difference.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
No seriously it was jokes and all that at the beginning when we were about to sign him but now it ain’t funny no more... people would never question a player like donnarumma when he looks like he is in his 30’s, but they would suddenly do it with a black african player, even when his real age is proven.

Cry me a river u lil snowflake. :lol:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
:fp:

No wonder the general consesus of you is what it is.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
No, just don’t use that false age thing next time you are arguing his performance/price tag.

WherestheBirthCertificate.jpg

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

kucka would just bulldoze through opponents with ball at his feet. at least during first season. and his shots weren't bad either. i do believe kessie will get better.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
kucka would just bulldoze through opponents with ball at his feet. at least during first season. and his shots weren't bad either. i do believe kessie will get better.

What are you talking about.. Kucka was poor last season under montella.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll say it again, selling Kucka was one of our dumbest summer moves.

We left ourselves with 0 rotation for Kessie.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'll say it again, selling Kucka was one of our dumbest summer moves.

We left ourselves with 0 rotation for Kessie.

Montella :fp:

Rino would've loved Kucka. Given Kessie's current form, I think Kucka would be starting over him now.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Dude, are you serious? :lol:
Most births in Subsaharan Africa go unregistered. Millions of adults weren't even documented until recent years, decades after their birth. Then there's the problem with fake passports. This goes for many Middle Eastern countries as well.

If people questioned Lukaku's age, despite him being born in Belgium, then yeah you could shout racism. But Kessie was (supposedly) born in Ivory Coast.

Oh and btw, it was a Senegal-based pan-African news site that started this rumor.

--------

Personally I'm not worried about his age. He might be older than 20 but I doubt it's by more than 1 or 2 years. If he fails here then it's not because of age.