Official Formula One thread

Rex

Reaction score
Next round, Malaysian GP on March 21, 2004.

Scuderia Ferrari has done a great job by winning 1+2 position on podium in the beginning of the season at Albert Park. I would say Brigdestone's display looks 'rebirth' after having almost terrible season in last year which Michellin were improving. As I said before, this season once again becomes the compound tryes' battle. Bridgestone vs Michellin. It'll be interesting to actually see how far Bridgestone works well to 'conquer' Sepang circuit which is well known 'punishing' the engines and tryes. Michellin done well last season where the Finnish Kimi owned his first place. Obviously they would like to do it again, victory's flashback by developing the compound tryes in order to challenge Bridgestone this year.

Sepang is circuit where you can make overtaking manouvre in. One of the best circuit nowadays and being favoured by drivers. The main problem could be dealing with is the weather, where you can't avoid it when you be there near the equator. ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Ferrari is to strong .. Schumaher is defenitly the best driver .. I liked him till i saw him photos training with Juve team .. hehee i change my idol now.. FORCA JANSON BUTTON !! did i write good him name hehehe

Rex

Reaction score
It supposed to be FORZA JENSON BUTTON. :D ;) And I'm eagerly waiting to see another 'good memories' of the improving B.A.R Honda this weekend. And don't forget the Renault's Fernando Alonso could 'steal' attention of public once again.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Heheh yep..

ALonso have pre-contrat with Ferrari i think .. ? Rex do u know that is true or not?

Rex

Reaction score
besikaka said:
Heheh yep..

ALonso have pre-contrat with Ferrari i think .. ? Rex do u know that is true or not?

I quite hardly ever to hear Alonso has pre-contract with Ferrari. Used to hear Kimi's rumour will replace Schumi but that's only rumour, nothing was true. But I once heard that Ferrari President, Luca di Montezemolo made a statement that Alonso will be a good signing to replace Schumi when the greatest legend retires from F1. So if the prospect of young Spanish keep improving and driving consistenly of what Luca said it early soon to be comes true. Many rumours out there but you can predict who's worthy to be #1 Ferrari's driver after Schumi era. ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Formula 1 09:35
Malaysian GP, Qualifying: Michael Schumacher cruises to 57th career pole position, 0.6" quicker than Mark Webber (Jaguar)...

Rex Shchumacher isnt stoping.. hehehe he definitly will close F1 .. its boring to see F1 anymore.. heheh FORCA WEBBER LOOL!!

Rex

Reaction score
Nice to see Schumi got 57th career pole position . The main boring problem for you is why the hell other teams hasn't developed yet of what Ferrari does or to 'equal' Ferrari formula, IMO?I think others team needs some time to 'improve' their cars' development. :D ;) As long as Ferrari are one step forward in development in the eye of others engineer, and Bridgestone can count on this year, Schumi and Rubinho+Ferrari will get both supremacy in the final of season. Both driver and constructors title. But don't worry the season is still way to go...you can enjoy what drama will happen in the following round. ;)

Weber truly shocked me to get 2nd pole of his career. Congrats Mark, keep it on the Sunday race until finish line. ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Formula 1 09:43
Malaysian GP: Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) makes it 2-for-2 on season with 72nd career win, besting Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams) by 5"

Malaysian GP: Britain's Jenson Button (BAR) collects first-ever podium finish, 11"5 behind winner Michael Schumacher for third place

LOOOL!!! i told u Button will be suprise this year heheh FORCA BUTTON!

Rex

Reaction score
Toast for 72nd career win. ;) :cool:

Anyway it's tragic to see other contenders Williams and McLaren only represented 1 driver each left on track. And look at what happened on Kimi, the same story goes on as McLaren displays at Albert Park two weeks ago. An engine trouble. There has no longer o.secret that McLaren has their reliability problem over the years. By using 'one engine per weekend' rule this season might 'trouble' for irreliability engines to say at least. So Ron Dennis has hard homework to do to solve their problem before next round will be held upcoming two weeks...

The improving of B.A.R Honda at Albert Park has already enough assuming them to make it happen once again at Sepang. Got third podium by Jenson Button I would say it's fantastic job!! ;) :cool:

And JPM certainly has learned to Ralf's engine touble event, it's wise for not 'extremely pushing' the engines pursued Schumi's leading the race...Congrats 2nd place for JPM. :)

* Florence*

Primavera
Reaction score
hope other team will be better and better ,or Ferrari will win easily. i don't want to see a game without suspense

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
What happened to webber he got 2nd possition and he blew it

Rex

Reaction score
You can read this story. ;)

Disappointment for Webber in Malaysia

After a dream start to his race weekend, taking P2 on the grid with a brilliant qualifying performance, Jaguar's Mark Webber suffered from a nightmare conclusion.

"I am really disappointed with the outcome today after all our hard work and our fantastic place on the front row of the grid," he said after the race, "I had a bad start with the car and things did not get much better after that."

The Jaguar team has pledged to investigate why both Webber and his team-mate Christian Klien suffered such poor starts, Webber dropping almost all the way to the back of the pack. The Australian's race proceeded to get even worse as he came back through the field with some spirited driving, only to collide heavily with Ralf Schumacher in a battle for position.

"After overtaking Ralf twice he hit me from behind," claimed Webber, "my rear right tyre had a puncture and I may have suffered some damage, too. I then had to limp to the pits to be re-fuelled and have the tyres changed."

Insult was added to injury when Webber was penalised by the race official for speeding in the pit lane, and awarded another drive-through penalty. He rejoined the race but was unable to make any real progress and spun out heading into the first corner on lap 23.

"The pace of the R5 is evident," said Webber, "I know that the team are going to be working very hard over the next few weeks." (formula1.com)

Rex

Reaction score
Next round, Bahrain GP on April 4, 2004.

Well the tremendous host of the year is beginning at Shakir, Bahrain. For the source I have seen lately, the circuit offers drivers to be able to 'push' the accelerator, chance of overtaking manoeuvre which is combination between fast/low curves with long straight line. The uniqe of the venue is the circuit is in the middle of commodious desert, unusual than any other F1 venues. Off course. ;) Everyone who gets involved in F1 industry will love this another 'enourmous odds' namely hot weather, will earn a lot money as long as the bid is done 'deal'- with befitted price.

One thing for sure the security matters will be top priority certainly ensuring the safety and wellbeing of those attending the event.

Couldn't wait to see the race. ;)

Now aim your sight to Middle East's 'oase' designed by spectacular Herman Tilke.. :)

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i might watch this one.. the combination of the elegant Formula One lifestyle and the exoticness of the Middle East seem to tempting to miss :)

i reckon Mark Webber deserves to drive for a better team. Alonso/Montoya should move to Ferrari, Webber should move to Williams. :cool:

is Jos Verstappen racing this season?

Rex

Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
i might watch this one.. the combination of the elegant Formula One lifestyle and the exoticness of the Middle East seem to tempting to miss :)

i reckon Mark Webber deserves to drive for a better team. Alonso/Montoya should move to Ferrari, Webber should move to Williams. :cool:

is Jos Verstappen racing this season?

Montoya officially will be moving to McLaren. The Webber stuff who is likely moving to Willams might be true.

Jos isn't racing this season due to unagreement talk of his sponsorship with Jordan. Jos who drived for Minardi last season replaced by Hungarian driver Zsolt Baumgartner is filling the seat in 2004.

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Webber is good hopefully he has a good position and doesn't loses it like last time EVERYTHING WENT WRONG

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that all the teams have gone for a funny shaped nose this year...well not all just McLaren and Williams...as a fan of McLaren it is disapointing to see the team do so badley with both drivers also complainging about a sh!t car.... It's sad to say this but Ferrari will win again and Schumi.... he is unstopable...but next year McLaren will be the team to beat IMO

Rex

Reaction score
Welcome, anyway do I know you before, somewhere? :D ;)

Well the season is long way to go. Even Scuderia Ferrari has been impressive so far but other contenders are still 'peeking' the mistakes what would have done by Ferrari. As long as the cars completely fine, out of trouble...Scuderia are still move on. ;) :cool:

Reaction score
But who or wht will stop Ferrari...they seem unstopable and for every new rule that is put in it seems to help them more and more....

I don't know who you are...unless you were on itsagoal

Rex

Reaction score
Well The F1 book records upcoming rounds keep on being underlined the name Michael Schumacher himself at the top. Soon he may equal pole position's record which still handed by Senna with 65 poles, Schumi makes 57 so far. But nowadays he collects the top standing of career win than any drivers participated in F1.

As I said above, "Toast for 72nd career win". ;) :cool:

But Schumi doesn't care the stats, he only desires to race and race, certainly win the championships as well. :)

Reaction score
But with Schumi..how many races has he competed in...I think it would be alot more the Senna or Prost.

Also his time in F1 will be comeing to a close soon he is what 35-36 now he shorley can't be going for to much longer.

Rex

Reaction score
Public are still wondering if he keep racing 'till his contract expires in 2006. You never know, you never read what's on Schumi's heart. ;)

Reaction score
Rex

With McLaren getting JPM next season...Do you think they will be able to tak the constructors of Ferrari..I think so but wht do you think?

Rex

Reaction score
Kaká 22 said:
Rex

With McLaren getting JPM next season...Do you think they will be able to tak the constructors of Ferrari..I think so but wht do you think?

It's unpredictable the new comer JPM will be *soften* the path of chance of getting the constructors' title next season. The main problem for McLaren should to be solved namely their reliability that has been disturbing over the years. It might be they has solved it, I'm not quite sure yet. On the other hand, their technology is pretty good, I would say they're developing this season of MP4-19 engines with twin clutch technology. Seeing the progress in last two rounds before, this kind of gearbox still having trouble, and not known yet detailed why does McLaren of having on it.

The certain thing is McLaren technology supposed to be commendable due to step forward of its development.

The journey is still long way to go 'till the final of season, you'd better to watch the race, the atmosphere, the *intriques* on the track, and so on at tremendous Sakhir this weekend ;)

Rex

Reaction score
Well Qualifying result has finished. Schumi grabbed another pole position (makes 58 so far) followed his team-mate, Rubens Barrichello in 2nd. Williams duo, JPM and Schumi's brother, Ralf in 3rd and 4th position. B.A.R Honda are still spreading the threat once again putting the two of driver alongside together.

Here are the qualifying result:

Pos No Driver Team Time/Retired

1 1 Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) 1:30.139

2 2 Rubens Barrichello (Ferrari) 1:30.530

3 3 Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams-BMW) 1:30.581

4 4 Ralf Schumacher (Williams-BMW) 1:30.633

5 10 Takuma Sato (BAR-Honda) 1:30.827

6 9 Jenson Button (BAR-Honda) 1:30.856

7 7 Jarno Trulli (Renault) 1:30.971

8 17 Olivier Panis (Toyota) 1:31.686

9 16 Cristiano da Matta (Toyota) 1:31.717

10 5 David Coulthard (McLaren-Mercedes) 1:31.719

11 11 Giancarlo Fisichella (Sauber-Petronas) 1:31.731

12 15 Christian Klien (Jaguar-Cosworth) 1:32.332

13 12 Felipe Massa (Sauber-Petronas) 1:32.536

14 14 Mark Webber (Jaguar-Cosworth) 1:32.625

15 18 Nick Heidfeld (Jordan-Ford) 1:33.506

16 19 Giorgio Pantano (Jordan-Ford) 1:34.105

17 8 Fernando Alonso (Renault) 1:34.130

18 20 Gianmaria Bruni (Minardi-Cosworth) 1:34.584

19 21 Zsolt Baumgartner (Minardi-Cosworth) 1:35.787

20 6 Kimi Räikkönen (McLaren-Mercedes)
(formula1.com)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Definitly F1 is boring .. Schumi doesnt have real rival becouse Ferrari is to strong.. anyway forca BATTON!hehe

Rex

Reaction score
And I'd like to see your BUTTON will make his 1st podium at Sakhir. I'm waiting now. :tongue:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Rex said:
And I'd like to see your BUTTON will make his 1st podium at Sakhir. I'm waiting now. :tongue:

heheheh :tongue: sure he will but .... other season .. heheheh

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
another Schumacher win, another or 2nd podium place for Button, 2nd double victory for Ferrari in 3rd race, looks like a formula extremly boring this year, Montoya lost his point with gear problems, Alonso, Sato were great... of course its a nice circut in Bahrain somewhere in the dessert....
who can stop Ferrari? McLaren was shit, for a team with 1000 employee and a budget of 300 mil. they should be ahead of teams like BAR and Renault....
the new one engine per weekend hurts most for McLaren :devil2: Bridgestone has improved a lot since last season....
Next race in 3 weeks in Imola i guess....!!!

Rex

Reaction score
Toast for 73rd career win. ;) :beer: :cool:

Rubinho has paid his *failure* at Sepang by putting himself in 2nd this Sakhir. Button and B.A.R Honda are now becoming slightly contender for constructor, if they keeps consistently 'till the final of season, sorry I have to say to both Williams and McLaren.

McLaren, as I said above..their displays have had enough to say it..an engine failure once again...one engine per weekend's rule has been punishing irreliability engines...Williams..no more words except there's nothing change yet from their displays rather than their radical front-nose...