Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's just hope for the best, unless someone else purchased the club.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm just saying i remain skeptical, because i havent seen anything that gives me a reason not to be.

my reasons are that she seems to have put fire under Galliani's ass. Galliani will either leave by himself (like he almost did earlier) or be forced out. OR, he'll get his shit together and stop running this company like it's an experiment.

Allegri leaving is also mostly because of Barbara I think. Say what you want about the media outburst, but sometimes they are needed. Allegri lost the squad, he had to go... were galliani willing to do this himself?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He'll be remembered primarily for two positive things. 1) Scudetto after 7 seasons, 2) Enforcing a generation change which Ancelotti couldnt do. His first season was very good, while third season was almost as remarkable in the way he adapted to Zlatan's and Silva's departure.

Many players would be thankful to him for shaping or reinventing their careers, particularly Boateng, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy and Abate. I could even add Robinho here, who got more trust than most coaches would have given him.

His limitations have been obvious since the last 2 years and he certainly had to leave. But I'm absolutely thankful to him for the Scudetto, for the transition phase and for some really tasty press conferences. Always came across as an intelligent, witty man who did not make the mistake of taking this game too seriously. His continuing popularity with Galliani, the dressing room as well as the Curva stands testament to this fact.

Grazie, Max. Good Luck ahead.

:star: pretty much this

He was bought to make a change (in rooster and playing style) and he did it. That team was basically taken out of him, and he made a new one work last season, with younger players and all.

But when it was just about continue and build from that foundation this season, he failed.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Need to come to terms that Barbara is here to stay.

Silvio made his choice... He doesn't want to come back as a full time president like it was, those times are not coming back. He is building Barbara to succeed him instead.

It's a family business and it's their right I guess.

But it was all very poorly handled and everyone is to blame for it and the club is a mess right now. From the Presidency chair to football decisions, there's so much that isn't working right now.

I remember I had this talk with necro some years ago that transition from B&G management era could be something really painful and it really proved to be with some extra layers of problems on top of it.

But I'm optimistic still... It will take a while but changes are taking place. We need patience

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
my reasons are that she seems to have put fire under Galliani's ass. Galliani will either leave by himself (like he almost did earlier) or be forced out. OR, he'll get his shit together and stop running this company like it's an experiment.

Allegri leaving is also mostly because of Barbara I think. Say what you want about the media outburst, but sometimes they are needed. Allegri lost the squad, he had to go... were galliani willing to do this himself?

Thank you

I knew Senatore's only point was Pato

How is that any way worse than Galliani holding on to Allegri while the team drowned. They threw him under the bus???? I would love that treatment. They gave him chance after chance and he failed.

Galliani even gave him the chance to walk around talking about his decision to leave. It was pathetic.

The same way you snidely accuse people of believing this and that you dont have anything really to go on. And as I said, men have done much worse and have been looked upon as great leaders and successful.

The same way you will give Seedorf the benefit, give her the benefit.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

thats one way of looking at it. You could be right.

But devil's advocate would say barbara and berlusconi clan in general created distress and unsettled.

-

i'm not sure where i stand on it

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What has she shown professionally?

Letting personal opinions leak into professional life is like #1 no no

Which is pretty much the same as everyone else did everywhere else though. What is the problem? That is how you do it. As long as it brings changes and she enforces her will and is strong enough to leave it then she has all my blessings.

I watched Milan since beginning of 90' and each time the team was down management was trying to make it as short as possible. Considering the state of Serie A 4yrs ago till today I must say that we have been in a very dark place and it was just kept getting prolonged. Time to move on. Is she more unprofessional than anyone else last few yrs before she joined in being hands on? No. Did she take a call on changing the what you say 'easy to point out' faults while no one else did since the ending of Carlo' reign here? Yes.

The truth is that only way that dodgy system could actually work out was if Max did a good result in Europe following winining the league. Everything else post that was just downfall. More, we played some trully terrible football in the winning season already. The change we are seeing now should have been done 2/1.5 yrs ago already.

The politics and private life which you mention is too un-important in 2014.

The team has no stadium which is a joke, terrible PR, the brand doesn't mean that much anymore. Our directors fly jets to dinners abroad? Out of date co-GM talks about some seriously delusional stuff and keeps looking for old DMs who can come and turn around the team in the second part of the season as he unqualified coach couldn't.

She should be loud and critisizinh from the distance. If she is meant to be in tabloid like Abramovich or Glazers - why fuckin not. What is more important: 1 season? Or restoring last 5yrs and building another 20?

Last edited:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So good to see this thread in the history section . Don't care what any stats say, I've been watching football long enough to notice max wasn't doing anything revolutionary and wasn't motivating the players. We could definitely have gotten a worse coach but then he probably wouldn't have lasted as long. The sassuolo result just cut me too deep

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So good to see this thread in the history section . Don't care what any stats say, I've been watching football long enough to notice max wasn't doing anything revolutionary and wasn't motivating the players. We could definitely have gotten a worse coach but then he probably wouldn't have lasted as long. The sassuolo result just cut me too deep

Same here. The fact that he wasn't fired 2 yrs ago after getting the best squad in Serie A yet Dorf needed to drop and play in front of CBs vs Spurs and we looked absolutely shit in Europe was puzzling. The fact that he didn't get chopped last year was a shock and one of the greatest mysteries in the man kind. Some of the things which happened meanwhile were truly laughable. Some crazy people compared him to Fergie but same time Cassano spent whole year out of shape fat lol Jesus, who even came up with the excuse that only lazy team needs motivating during half time breaks? This is the end of the 2 darkest years I remember. Others downs were clear to spot and it was even clearer to spot that everyone at least tried to do something about it. 3.5 years and we still have no style and players look like they just met. Thank God for the end of this. Even Leo who everyone shits on here found a solution to his problems in his first 10games and had a far worse squad than that in the sense of depth.

Last edited:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Scapegoat my ass. Sussollu or somehting like that has beaten us, more losses than wins, he should have been fired, but everyone in the world knows with a better coach we would be at least 5th even with this squad.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
thats one way of looking at it. You could be right.

But devil's advocate would say barbara and berlusconi clan in general created distress and unsettled.

-

i'm not sure where i stand on it

Man, you would make millions writing Si-Fi books. The stuff happening in your head is just so unique:)

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If hes a scapegoat then hes one privileged scapegoat.

Not many scapegoats get their ex favorite player who floped for 12million and get the rights to mouth off he decided not to continue his job months ago when the season moving at a glacial 1 point per match is still in swing.

Anyway if this (instead of firing him during summer if they dont like him giving him money for unneeded transfers and sabotaging his reputation among the team and loosing tens of millions for missing CL as collateral damage) was the berlusconis family ''plan'' then yeah they really should stop with business altogether. Thoe somehow i it hard to believe they are that dumb and reckless.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
why is anyone talking about this guy?

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
From a sporting point of view... he has to be one of the worst coaches to have ever graced Milan's bench. Limited tactical awareness, no leadership, lack of understanding of player's strengths and weaknesses, and above all... complete disconnect with the values of the club. Some of the damage he has done to the club is beyond repair, both from a sporting and financial perspective. In short, he was an average coach and completely horrible for Milan's standards.

Having said that, I do appreciate that he always held his calm in the face of pressure. Anyway, I am quite sure that he wont last longer than 2 years in his next job unless Galliani joins him in his next club. The guy is not cut out for a top team. I would be happy if he joins Inter, and destroys whatever is left of that club. You think Galliani+Allegri duo is horrible? Imagine Branca+Allegri.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
What has she shown professionally?

Letting personal opinions leak into professional life is like #1 no no

you speak as though she's been given a proper chance to show what she can do professionally.

Has she gotten that proper chance? IIRC Daddy's making her share it with G for reasons beyond the worth of my time to figure out.

How much could you have done in her situation?

Her personal opinions?

All she's asked for recently is change...don't bother telling me how this is a bad thing. I honestly don't care what your "reasoning" behind this is.

Get brain or gtfo plz.

kthanksDAI

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Agree with everything except this. When you conduct an experiment, there is a hypothesis, and there is an expected results.

:g: had 0 clue whatsoever in terms of our signings in the last 2 years.

threesics

Beginner
Reaction score
1 Why there was Championship and high victory rate?
Inter Milan Cut budget, and Moratti spent a lot before that.
Juven and Roma was broken after the scandal.
Milan bought Ibra, Prince etc.
2 It is the best thing to see the clown left. Thanks God!!

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Poor Allegri, if only he knew that Seedorf would replace him he could have flown to Brazil to cry and throw a hissy fit at a Botafago practice

tuxedo

Corner flag holder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Locatelli
I don't know if the media is feeding us what we want to hear, or if it really is Barbaras words, but she seems to want change. And she doesn't seem to be wanting to do everything by herself.

I don't think Barbara wants to "run the club" like Galliani did, she wants to appoint the right people to do it instead. And have an overseeing role together with her father (and maybe even Galliani).

I don't know man, I don't think she should be underestimated, she's grown up as a Berlusconi.

-

The only thing that pisses me off with her is her relationship with Pato. But then again, she wasn't really involved in Milan so much back then, so let that be forgotten.

I tend to agree. All I know is that she is the one who went public with being fed up. If she kept her mouth shut, Allegri might still be here.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I tend to agree. All I know is that she is the one who went public with being fed up. If she kept her mouth shut, Allegri might still be here.

That would be bad...

I just read that :b: decided Allegri would be out before the game was over

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
But i do remember a quote from berlu saying that he dint like the way we parked the bus vs barca and he even mentioned that he would sack allegri if he continued to use defensive tactics.

well playing on counter-attack isn't necessary parking the bus. you'll face very rarely a side that controls the ball that well as barca did back then. i believe even they don't do it that well anymore.

If your players know what to to and have a clear game play, you can play counter, but it will look like you are always attacking and dangerous.

but with allegri all our players did was running around like headless chickens and not creating anything.

the Austrian NT hat a similar situation a few years ago when Constantini was in charge. He even said "tactics are overrated", which clearly showed in the gamestyle of the team. they run their hearts out, but created like zero chances...and when they socred it was out of pure luck or some individual action. that changed alot when marcel koller took over, the same team has a nice build up play, knows when and how to defend, where to stand etc.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
as opposed to the "inside sources" informing people about Pato's cocaine problems :proud::lol:

:thumbsup:

inside sources+invisible media (tabloids)+hey man I know when a dude is high
= fachts :o