Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
That was kinda exciting... Stoch and Vittek with their attemps to make it 1-1

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
man fuck this shit, holland are so boring.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Just ask if you should select him for your fantasy team :o

:tongue: Did so. And it paid off. It shall be close for the top position at the end of the round.

Kuyt!

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Hup Holland :star:

LOL wtf, Slovakia penalty. :head:

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
WTF Netherlands... just killed my bet as -1 favorites

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This Holland is so doable.
Same as it is with Argentina they will go out as soon as they meet a decent team.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol what a dirty penalti! This slovakian was like "I won't be like Fernando Torres, who drive without being touched. I'll kick the GK and then I'll dive".

What a bitch cheater.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
???
:conf:
did you bet on ned to win by 2 goals ? example 2 - 0 , 3 - 1 ??

Bet on a spread, Netherlands were favorites by 1 goal. I get my money back, but would have almost doubled it with a 2 goal win :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Man ruud is pissed. Really criticizing coach for putting kuyt on LW, haha. His voice literally cracked.... "dirt KUYTs work rate is vital to team. But he plyed LW. DIS IS NOT HIS POSITION!!!"

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
WTF Netherlands... just killed my bet as -1 favorites

Hahaha the commentator said it. "If you bet on 2x0, you lost right in the end of the game!"

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Bet on a spread, Netherlands were favorites by 1 goal. I get my money back, but would have almost doubled it with a 2 goal win :D

yeah . ned won 2 - 1 but slovakia had a +1 advantage because you had -1, therefore you don't win anything. its a "tie" .

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Robben rocks Slovakian Netherlands 2 - 1 Slovakia

Arjen Robben made an immediate impact on his first start for the Netherlands as he scored early on to sink Slovakia.

Wesley Sneijder made the game safe in the final ten minutes as the Dutch progressed to the quarter-finals, before Robert Vittek netted a penalty with the last kick of the game.

MATCH SUMMARY
Man of the Match: Wesley Sneijder - Arjen Robben made the headlines when enjoying his first start of the tournament and scoring a lovely opening goal, but it was another gorgeous pass from Sneijder that set him free.

The Inter Milan playmaker controlled the game throughout and his goal with six minutes remaining was just reward.

Few in world football are as decisive as Sneijder with the ball at his feet and he appears to be flourishing at just the right time for Netherlands.

Netherlands verdict: After their opening win over Denmark, Rafael van der Vaart said: "We played like the Germans [usually do] and they played like us."

That assessment continues to be a perceptive one. While Joachim Low's side sauntered into the second round, it is the Oranje who are grinding out victories and doing just enough to progress - two qualities usually associated with their Germanic rivals.

Netherlands are yet to draw any Total Football comparisons, but having maintained their 100% record, they will be keen to pick up the German habit of making the final, even if there is more to come from this side.

Slovakia verdict: A step too far. Few fancied Slovakia to make it out of the group stage before Vladimir Weiss oversaw a stunning 3-2 win over reigning champions Italy, but Netherlands are a different prospect entirely to the ageing Azzurri.

Slovakia should have equalised when Maarten Stekelenburg denied Robert Vittek and will rue the glaring miss from their star striker, but they did not deserve to progress against a talented Dutch side.

Could do better: Marek Hamsik - The Napoli midfielder was supposed to showcase his talent to the watching world in South Africa but instead a relatively low-key campaign has come to a disappointing end.

He suffered in comparison with Sneijder who showed his opponent how to run a game.

Stat attack: Robert Vittek is now Slovakia's all-time leading goalscorer having surpassed Szilard Nemeth with his 23rd goal for his country.

Congratulations for Holland and all its fans, especially (Dutchie-Milan, AC_Wesley, Bellezza, Sheva0172, Milanista, Pedro ...) and Hard Luck to Slovakia & its fans (Illadro80).

I want Holland to win this cup for sake of the best football technical style in the world. :star:

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08

Congratulations for Holland and all its fans, especially (Dutchie-Milan, AC_Wesley, Bellezza, Sheva0172, Milanista, Pedro ...) and Hard Luck to Slovakia & its fans (Illadro80).

I want Holland to win this cup for sake of the best football technical style in the world. :star:

thank you. you're very kind. :star:

god bless you and your family :star:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This is you talking or your quoting an expert my ass ?

ReMad

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

784c.png
vs1gp0f.gif
794.png

Netherlands Vs. Slovakia

World Cup 2010 | Round of 16 | 14 GMT | 28-6-2010

JSC SPORTS - Ara. Comm. - 1150 KBPS - 320*240 - flv

Goals

First Goal For Netherlands By Robben Min.(18)
Click Here For Video

Second Goal For Netherlands By Sneijder Min.(84)
Click Here For Video

First Goal For Slovakia By Vittek Min.(90+3')
Click Here For Video

Extras

Chance For Netherlands By Robben Min.(50)
Click Here For Video

Chance For Netherlands By Mathijsen Min.(51)
Click Here For Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : Netherlands × Slovakia
Click Here For Video

Second Half Highlights : Netherlands × Slovakia
Click Here For Video

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
This is you talking or your quoting an expert my ass ?

It is my talking, you like it or not is not my business, but paying respect is due to all the members in this forum.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Lol, again an awful match.
3 to go :D

Defense + Stelenburg (central duo, vd Wiel & Bronckie sucked) were awesome today.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

Thank you so unbelievable much :proud::star:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
This Holland is so doable.
Same as it is with Argentina they will go out as soon as they meet a decent team.
True, I don't see them getting tested by a really good team. Their performance so far, despite of the 4 wins out of 4 is bordering on boredom. They played like Germany and although they got they job done, this is not the kind of Holland the world knows and certainly not the kind of Holland I'm rooting for.

My cousin was heavily betting on this WC and so far he already won USD 500 because of my tips :D. And I gave him the tip that Holland would win 2-0, which was proven correct until the 92nd minute :rolleyes:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zzzZZzzZZz match overall. Slovakia did a very good job in the WC IMO.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy didnt we get robben when we stoled the 60mil from them instead?? 35mil to cover the losses and have pato on the left and robben on the right. FFS we probably wouldn't even need a better CF than borri than. 45mil + sneijder would be also as good.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
True, I don't see them getting tested by a really good team. Their performance so far, despite of the 4 wins out of 4 is bordering on boredom. They played like Germany and although they got they job done, this is not the kind of Holland the world knows and certainly not the kind of Holland I'm rooting for.

Exactly, they don't make massive efforts to win the games, they playing in smart system till now; for sure this is no Netherlands football style, it is more like Germany one.

So let see what they are going to perform with hard team "Real Test" as you said; but I see that they can go through to the FINAL "as I hope"; they deserve it, they have a good squad to fulfill the dream, and which is deserved IMO.

How can't Holland win a world cup title? that is unfair for all what Holland Football give and produce players and create great football technicals.