Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I really like both teams so this one will be hard for me. I wouldnt shut up about Uruguay to my friends before the Cup, so I would kinda like to see them win so I can look even better, but I really dont care that much. I know I will be rooting for the winner in the final and the loser in the 3rd place game.

So the question right now is does Uruguay change formation and move Forlan up the field, or do they just start a different striker?

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
u r gay lol. i see holland win this one but after hard tough battle.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
I really like both teams so this one will be hard for me. I wouldnt shut up about Uruguay to my friends before the Cup, so I would kinda like to see them win so I can look even better, but I really dont care that much. I know I will be rooting for the winner in the final and the loser in the 3rd place game.

So the question right now is does Uruguay change formation and move Forlan up the field, or do they just start a different striker?

Forlán is the responsable of creating the plays and he'll very probably keep acting free. Doesn't make much sense to move himself up and I hope the manager doesn't do it.

Captain Lugano is already confirmed out.

I hope that Uruguay can keep the defense strong and try a bunch of long shots.

This game will be fucking hard. Netherlands are prooving to be the new Spain and diving like shit and that's really dangerous against a tough team like Uruguay. Hopefully the referee won't be as naive as the one of Spain x Paraguay and the one of Netherlands x Brazil.

Rex

Reaction score
Netherlands will be having hard battle for this one. Uruguay could be some big threat if those Dutch lose focus in defence job.

Am I the only one thinking that this will be shoot-out ending of this match ?

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Netherlands are prooving to be the new Spain and diving like shit and that's really dangerous against a tough team like Uruguay. Hopefully the referee won't be as naive as the one of Spain x Paraguay and the one of Netherlands x Brazil.
Haha, how long are you going to repeat this? Funny to hear from a Suarez fan btw, he doesn't do anything else then diving over here all year long.

Fiero

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that this will be shoot-out ending of this match ?

I think if Uruguay scored early, they could win the match in the 90. Netherlands use a very slow tempo and control possession, but Uruguay stand well at the back and counter attack.

I see Uruguay as a better defensive version of Brazil. Suarez will be hugely missed though, so Cavani needs to step up.

Full-Klass

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Huntelaar, Pato, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Vd Wiel and de Jong are suspended for next match.
Normaly van der Wiel will be replaced by Bouhlarouz and de Jong by de Zeeuw.
Both good options, altho Bouhla is less offencive than Wiel. On the other hand, Zeeuw is less defencive than de Jong, but is a master in building up an attack. He's been very important for Ajax last season.

Through

Beginner
Reaction score
Netherlands are prooving to be the new Spain and diving like shit and that's really dangerous against a tough team like Uruguay. Hopefully the referee won't be as naive as the one of Spain x Paraguay and the one of Netherlands x Brazil.

Although I agree with you that v Bommel and Robben (& vd Wiel once, but he got yellow) dived a number of times and it's not the kind of game I'd like to see holland play.

However, in the case of Robben I can understand it, as he got kicked the whole time since the start of the match.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Although I always found Van Bommel really disgusting et cetera, at this point it's De Jong who is the disgusting one by far at Oranje.

Seriously, how in earth does he still haven't gotten a red card? (I am also talking about pre-WC friendlies, et cetera.)

Anyway, I really really really hope to see De Zeeuw. He's awesome.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
de Jong was awesome against Brazil, and he played a clean match.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Although I agree with you that v Bommel and Robben (& vd Wiel once, but he got yellow) dived a number of times and it's not the kind of game I'd like to see holland play.

However, in the case of Robben I can understand it, as he got kicked the whole time since the start of the match.

Robben dived and tried to won the Oscar and didn't get a single yellow card. Felipe Melo did a little stomp and got a red card. Is it fair?

Robben was being marked in the right way. If he wants space to do the only move he knows, he should be limiting himself of playing against Spain and Barcelona.

Melo is obviously stupid and Dunga was very naive to not try to control his stupid instincts. Maybe because Dunga is still learning and the best way to do it is commiting mistakes. Brazilian NT is strong enough to hide some mistakes that refrained Dunga to learn more even though he did a nice job.

Probably the best manager to Brazil now would be Muricy Ramalho. He's a tough guy and put the team to play very hard but always controlling the instinct of the team to not be crossing boundaries. In brazilian national league he put the team to be playing more ease since the referees are pussies that swallow every diving while in Libertadores he let the team playing harder.

Leonardo is also a great manager but Milan payed for his lack of discipline and toughness. It's time to Brazil to find experienced managers. In 2002 Brazil had Felipão that already had won Libertadores for 2 times.

Smart managers know how to win pussy teams without being injuried by red cards.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Abreu: Homework key 04 JUL 2010 | 17:16 SAST

Uruguay players will be swotting up on the Netherlands ahead of their SA2010 semi-final

0,,12950~8876273,00.jpg

While Germany and Spain are familiar foes in Wednesday's last-four clash, the Netherlands and Uruguay last played each other at the 1974 World Cup.

The Oranje won that game 2-0, and will be hoping for a repeat in 2010 on Tuesday.

Uruguay will be desperate to make it to their first final since 1950 - when they lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy - and will spend the next few days doing their homework.

"Oscar Tabarez has asked us to concentrate fully, not just in the matches, but also in training," said Sebastian Abreu, who scored the winning spot-kick in the South American's penalty-shootout win over Ghana with a cheeky chip down the middle.

"He is very satisfied with our work.

"Looking at Holland, we have watched a lot of videos on their team because we don't know too much about them.

"Holland and Uruguay play very similar football, but they have very good potential in their attack with very clever players like (Wesley) Sneijder and (Arjen) Robben.

"Tabarez has been talking to us about Robben and how to stop a player like him from going forward, but it's always different when you are on the field.

"So we know how to do it, but whether the actual execution actually comes off is another thing."

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano may play against Netherlands. He's working hard and I know him very well. He always come back from his injuries before of what's predicted.

I'm just afraid that he lies to the doctors about his pain just to sacrifice himself to the team.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
is lugano gonna play???

I love suarez but he's most replaceable. Lugano + Fucile will be REALLY hard. Fucile alone would be a huge blow BUT if Lugano can't get fit... I mean as much as i'll root for uruguay it doesntl ook good

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Oh BTW, i fucking hate robben.... i've lost most respect for him. Sneijder may be a merda dick, but he's an amazing player.

robben....? He's undefendable because if u so much as touch him he dives. Grow up you bald asshole. Theres a difference between going down easy and just going down period.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
is lugano gonna play???

I love suarez but he's most replaceable. Lugano + Fucile will be REALLY hard. Fucile alone would be a huge blow BUT if Lugano can't get fit... I mean as much as i'll root for uruguay it doesntl ook good

Lugano said during an interview that he trainned with the team without feeling pains on his knees and just stopped the physiotherapy to talk with the journalists.

Lugano had a smile on his face but he never looks upset. He always look happy out of the games and pissed off during the games so I don't know if that's a good sign.

I think Suarez is a great lost. He's scoring important goals and his ball control helps Uruguay to keep the ball on the attack. Forlán will need to be even more hero than in the last game.

Anyway, I don't know if Netherlands will be harder than Ghana. The ghanians are fucking strong and they NEVER get tired. What makes me most worried in Netherlands are Sneijder and Kuyt.

Oh BTW, i fucking hate robben.... i've lost most respect for him. Sneijder may be a merda dick, but he's an amazing player.

robben....? He's undefendable because if u so much as touch him he dives. Grow up you bald asshole. Theres a difference between going down easy and just going down period.

I agree.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Still think Fucile suspension is worst thing for uruguay....guy is awesome and v. Robben he'd kill him (which i wanna see)

i gotta say uruguay backline is so refreshing. Fucile, Perriera, Lugno, Godin..... fucking awesomeness.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fucile is a fucking warrior. One more player that Berlu could buy but wont. He's was facing those badass huge black guys from Ghana the whole game.

This Uruguay is making myself miss an uruguaian in São Paulo.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
Any way to find those statistics of how much players run during the course of a match? Suarez was everywhere against Ghana. I don't think I've ever seen a striker run that much in a match. That's what is irreplaceable.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Fucile is a fucking warrior. One more player that Berlu could buy but wont. He's was facing those badass huge black guys from Ghana the whole game.

This Uruguay is making myself miss an uruguaian in São Paulo.

the way they play..... i dunno how to describe it other than, if Uruguay lose, i can safely say, they did there best and be happy for them. Left it all on the field. No quit.

And in many ways thats so refreshing.....

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

I think it's the CR9 argument all over again....which is better to get the rep as a diving pussy or to get your ass injured all the time. I begin to wonder how much of his diving is to win favours from the ref and how much of it is just straight up protecting yourself. The guy is glass and sometimes it's better for him to go to ground himself than to let someone take him there. Not defending him (even though I kinda like him tbh) just a different perspective.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think it's the CR9 argument all over again....which is better to get the rep as a diving pussy or to get your ass injured all the time. I begin to wonder how much of his diving is to win favours from the ref and how much of it is just straight up protecting yourself. The guy is glass and sometimes it's better for him to go to ground himself than to let someone take him there. Not defending him (even though I kinda like him tbh) just a different perspective.

I see what you're saying, and maybe i'm being bias... but IMO robben v. brazil was worse than anything i've seen CR9 or Drogba or even Kaka do....

Those guys will go down easy but also fight thru and get a 50/50 balls quite often. People say CR9 is a diver, and he is, but how many times have u seen him push a defender off to chase down a ball??? Robben went down at ANY contact ever. I realize it's hard to rate levels of diving but way i saw it.... i thought Robben was literally saying "DONT TOUCH ME" whole game.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To all the Dutch fans ;)

Did any of the Dutch people here experienced the final of 1988? Or even the World Cup finals in '74 and 78. I'm so nervous right now that we have this possibilty to get in to the World Cup final! It would be so special to expierence such a thing. Hopefully we don't screw up this chance, i'm convinced we won't!

ps. (again to the Dutch fans) where do you guys watch the matches. Pub, home, open air + big screen? I think i'll watch it from the Museumplein this time, and if we will make the final probably as well :cool:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the way they play..... i dunno how to describe it other than, if Uruguay lose, i can safely say, they did there best and be happy for them. Left it all on the field. No quit.

And in many ways thats so refreshing.....

Thats what we call garra charrua lol

Now the world knows again what the uruguayan football is all about - determination and bravery. They don't lose without fight, they never give up.

BTW, I think the preassure is all on the orange side. Uruguay has won a world cup already, they can lose and will go home like heroes anyway.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BTW, I think the preassure is all on the orange side. Uruguay has won a world cup already, they can lose and will go home like heroes anyway.
Could be an advantage for us just as easily. When i saw the interviews of the Dutch press with the Uruguayan players they gave me the impression theye were already happy with their semi-final.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
I see what you're saying, and maybe i'm being bias... but IMO robben v. brazil was worse than anything i've seen CR9 or Drogba or even Kaka do....

Those guys will go down easy but also fight thru and get a 50/50 balls quite often. People say CR9 is a diver, and he is, but how many times have u seen him push a defender off to chase down a ball??? Robben went down at ANY contact ever. I realize it's hard to rate levels of diving but way i saw it.... i thought Robben was literally saying "DONT TOUCH ME" whole game.
See I've got this theory...players dive in proportion to how much of their career gets f**ked by injury :D. Think about it. Kaka while healthy wasn't much of a diver till he kept getting raped every time he touched the ball and kept getting injured for longer spells. Messi was worse than any of 'em when if was injured all the time. He cooled down when his situation stabilized. Now out of the whole group I'm sure you'll agree the Robben got it the worse. CR7 AND drogba are certified c**ts so on excuse for them.

Last edited:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Screw Urugay and Suarfag for what they did to Ghana, i hope the dutch rape them big time.. Please 10 - 0

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Screw Urugay and Suarfag for what they did to Ghana, i hope the dutch rape them big time.. Please 10 - 0

what he did....?

you mean gift a PK to win the game? I'm sick of this crap... what suarez did was a red card and he got it. Don't be bitter cause gyan choked then ghana choked

what suarez did was smart ad right play. He took a bullet, got his punishment. It's no different than when a defender takes a red for fouling a player on a sure goal (Wide open net)

Schedule